Which species do you think is underrepresented?

feeble_iq

There's 54 species of Neopets in total. I'm sure we can all pick our few favourites. I've always wondered though how TNT determines the main species of a particular character of a game or plot and whether all pets are equally viewable across the site.

blumaroo_green_baby.gif

Blumaroo has always been my favourite species and I was thinking that I hardly see Blumaroos around... and then I remembered that there's King Roo, and an entire island for the species, Blumaroll, a shop dedicated to items of the species, Neoquest II, and AAA, which are all rather prominent.

So what species do you think need to be represented more? In extension, are there are species across the site that you think is given a lot of exposure? (I would have thought that I would see Shoyrus more often given that they have always been #1 on the ranking list).

I think they do a pretty good job of representing most of the pet species in various plots and stuff. I think the ones that are most underrepresented are Kikos and Jubjubs- I guess they're just hard to work with, lacking in legs/arms respectively.

I think that many species are underrespresented but the one who would win the prize for me is Ruki. I hardly see Rukis around, it does have many colours and that is nice but I think that's all!

I mean, there are lots and lots of items Xweetok, Lutari and Gnorbu themed (the newest Neopets) almost the same as Ruki and I don't think that's fair.

I have to admit that I am not a Ruki fan but I always feel sad for them.

I think they do a pretty good job of representing most of the pet species in various plots and stuff. I think the ones that are most underrepresented are Kikos and Jubjubs- I guess they're just hard to work with, lacking in legs/arms respectively.

Well, I think that Kiko fans have Kiko Lake.

I'm going to have to go with moehogs. They're the least desired neopet and hence I never ever see them around. Other than moehogs I think that Kau's, Mynci's, Pteri's, Bori's, and Ogrin's are a bit less represented than the others. That's just a personal opinion based on what I've seen.

Overall, I think they do a good job of representing the different species.

I completely agree with Ruki's. They are cute and deserve a lot more attention than they get. (My husband is a rabid Ruki fan, so I hear this rant on a regular basis.)

Even when new colors are released, since they have so few colors, it's more rare for them to get the newer colors.

Well, I think that Kiko fans have Kiko Lake.

That's true. I had forgotten that Kiko Lake existed, LOL

I'll have to agree with Sara, Spritzie (and Shawn, haha) about Rukis. Poor cuties!

While looking through the list I would have said Rukis as well. I can only think of Dice Escape as one that comes at the top of my head. Perhaps their bug exterior makes them less than favourable to represent in different contexts.

I'm just going to jump right on the band wagon - I forgot Rukis even existed and I think that's enough to make me realise they are too cute to be underrepresented!

I am a huge Bori fan and haven't seen any Bori characters.

Hannah's friend is a Bori... other than that I can't think of any either!

I really think moehog's are more underrepresented than rukis are.... Rukis are at least considered cute by what seems to be the majority of neopians, but moehogs... That's another story I guess. Once I made a moehog just to get beauty contest trophies because there was such few competitors!

I do agree with Rukis and Moehogs and the like, but I'd like to throw another species out there for consideration, seeing as I just got one. Tonus are pretty underrepresented, as well. The only major Tonu characters I can think of are General Dacon, Hugo Fairweather, and Wila Benne.

As for pets I think are overrepresented, I do agree with Blumaroos, for starters. There are a TON of Blumaroo characters. Rohane, Commander Garoo, King Roo, Count Von Roo, AAA, Bonju, Mastermind, Advisor Broo, etc. But for me, the one that tops the list is Lupes, probably because they're based on wolves, and everyone loves wolves. I mean, for Lupes, you have King Altador, Tomos, Jeran, Tor, Balthazar, Scarblade, Squeaky Tressif, Timu, Coltzan, the Ghost Lupe, the hero of NQI, Sabre-X, the Spirit of Slumber, etc.

I'd say Rukis, Myncies, other Yurbles (apart from our favourite angry Orange Yurble), Pteri, Bori, Tonu, Chomby, Shoyru.........and there are probably others.

Overrepresented = Lupes. We all love them, but there are waaaaaay too many Lupe characters in plots and games. Grundos kind of are too what with there being at least FIVE Grundos in the Altador Cup - so much so they could be their own team.

Balanced represented = Aishas. While they're my favourite species, they are not the most popular pet, but there are many Aisha characters, which I am happy with. My favourite Aisha characters would probably be Isca and Caylis. ^^ I am a little sad that there is only one Aisha in the AC though (I miss you Dorinaaaaa!)

• 3 weeks later...

Shoyru - despite their immense popularity, I can't think of any that were major characters in plots or any that run stores.

I can't answer for plots, as I haven't been involved in many.

As for shops, there's 4 I can think of off-hand. There's the Coffee Shop in Roo Island, the Ice Crystal in the Ice Caves, Cog's Togs in Moltara, and the weapon shop in Shenkuu.