Battledome Beta Opened To Everyone!

hrtbrk

That happened to me this morning. Try going to this page and see if you can withdraw or continue battling. http://www.neopets.c...me/status.phtml That ended up solving my problem.

Thanks! That solved the issue.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Zombiiesque) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hmm, I honestly think some of the prizes are given out by which opponent you are fighting. For instance - once when battling the chia clown I recieved a lot of chia clown wearables. Coincidence? Idk.... I hope they have it sorted out to where they are now only giving the "good" prizes out for the more challenging opponents. Has anyone took notice of this? I'm just wondering if we can expect the prices of codestones to keep going down and down or will they rise back up again? :mellow:

Also - Are the prizes only awarded right now? Or do you get prizes everyday in battle from now on? I'm ashamed to admit I didn't battle before the prizes, so I don't know if they even had prizes before..... :sad01_anim:

Hmm, I honestly think some of the prizes are given out by which opponent you are fighting. For instance - once when battling the chia clown I recieved a lot of chia clown wearables. Coincidence? Idk.... I hope they have it sorted out to where they are now only giving the "good" prizes out for the more challenging opponents. Has anyone took notice of this? I'm just wondering if we can expect the prices of codestones to keep going down and down or will they rise back up again? :mellow:

Also - Are the prizes only awarded right now? Or do you get prizes everyday in battle from now on? I'm ashamed to admit I didn't battle before the prizes, so I don't know if they even had prizes before..... :sad01_anim:

They didn't have prizes before- it's a new feature. :) But it will be staying a feature of the BD from here on out. :)

I definitely had better prizes today, when I battled a tougher opponent. I got more codestones and books. :)

They didn't have prizes before- it's a new feature. :) But it will be staying a feature of the BD from here on out. :)

I definitely had better prizes today, when I battled a tougher opponent. I got more codestones and books. :)

This did not happen for me. Of course I got equally bad prizes from all my opponents so maybe I was just unlucky. Unless you meant higher toughness level (green smiley face, yellow smiley face, red smiley face buttons), which I cannot really comment on since I only tried on green difficulty.

This did not happen for me. Of course I got equally bad prizes from all my opponents so maybe I was just unlucky. Unless you meant higher toughness level (green smiley face, yellow smiley face, red smiley face buttons), which I cannot really comment on since I only tried on green difficulty.

You should always hit the hard difficulty button, even if it means you have to battle a weaker opponent. I don't think you ever get good prizes from clicking the easy button, but I could be wrong. Just something to consider for tomorrow. I was getting great prizes just battling the chia clown hard, versus battling mueka on easy!

You should always hit the hard difficulty button, even if it means you have to battle a weaker opponent. I don't think you ever get good prizes from clicking the easy button, but I could be wrong. Just something to consider for tomorrow. I was getting great prizes just battling the chia clown hard, versus battling mueka on easy!

I agree with Xandria! Even if you just battle the Chia Clown on hard (I think even untrained pets with mediocre weapons could beat him easily on hard!) you'll get far better prizes than on easy. When I tried battling a harder opponent on easy, I got worse prizes than an easy opponent on hard. Go figure.

But I was talking about a harder opponent, battled on hard. I think the Mutant Whalien is difficulty 190-something?

I agree with Xandria! Even if you just battle the Chia Clown on hard (I think even untrained pets with mediocre weapons could beat him easily on hard!) you'll get far better prizes than on easy. When I tried battling a harder opponent on easy, I got worse prizes than an easy opponent on hard. Go figure.

But I was talking about a harder opponent, battled on hard. I think the Mutant Whalien is difficulty 190-something?

I thought this was the case, but yesterday I beat the chia clown on easy and got a nerkmid :/ and a red codestone the other day. Have tried him on easy, medium and hard and besides those two items, have just been getting books, food etc. But definitely agree with the themed items, I've been almost only battling the chia clown and I just noticed that my inventory is filled with Chia-related items. So I think besides the theme everything else is random since Chia clown, on easy, with a weak pet gets you a nerkmid and a codestone. I thought this would be accidental since it seems unfair that I get those prizes considering I've never really used the battledome before/trained. But wouldn't they have pulled back prizes or something whilst they sorted it out? Maybe they just really want to deflate those items...??

I thought this was the case, but yesterday I beat the chia clown on easy and got a nerkmid :/ and a red codestone the other day. Have tried him on easy, medium and hard and besides those two items, have just been getting books, food etc. But definitely agree with the themed items, I've been almost only battling the chia clown and I just noticed that my inventory is filled with Chia-related items. So I think besides the theme everything else is random since Chia clown, on easy, with a weak pet gets you a nerkmid and a codestone. I thought this would be accidental since it seems unfair that I get those prizes considering I've never really used the battledome before/trained. But wouldn't they have pulled back prizes or something whilst they sorted it out? Maybe they just really want to deflate those items...??

Whoa, you must have gotten really lucky! Haha. I think that the prizes and the levels they're released at might be a little wonky while it's in beta, so it's hard to say.

I got good prices as nerkmids and red codestones from easy opponents and cheap items from higher encounters. I think its completely random.

Other question: Arent freezers working at the moment?

I got good prices as nerkmids and red codestones from easy opponents and cheap items from higher encounters. I think its completely random.

My Randomly Firing Freeze Ray was working this morning, at the very least, but it never seems to freeze on the first round- always the second.

EDIT: Well, here are my results from battling this morning! I noted everything- the opponent, the difficulty, and what I recieved, and when I stopped receiving various things. This is in the order I battled them.

Cybunny Scout - Ugga Dome

(on hard)

1)262NP, Scout Unit

2)262NP, hit the item limit (Actually recieved a Tyrannian Skeith Plushie)

Vira - Rattling Cauldron

(on hard)

1)450NP, Kew Codestone, Haunted Hummus

2)264NP, hit the item limit (didn't recieve anything)

Giant Spectral Mutant Walein - Dome of the Deep

(on easy (or was it medium? I think easy))

1)Hit NP limit, Water Pizza

2)Hit NP limit, Maraquan Faerie Tales

3)nothing at all

The Black Pteri - Rattling Cauldron

(on medium)

1)Hit NP limit, Ghost Wrap

2)nothing at all

Tiki Tak Man - Pango Palladium

(on hard)

1) nothing at all

EDIT 2: I also have a mystery Main Codestone and Rotting Wormburger in my inventory that I wasn't told I won. The Main Codestone was won either before, or with the Ghost Wrap (but after the book), and the Rotting Wormburger after the Ghost Wrap.

My Randomly Firing Freeze Ray was working this morning, at the very least, but it never seems to freeze on the first round- always the second.

Weird. I tried it in the 2nd round an got the text that my heavy blue tunic freezed the opponent and that I cannot use it in the next round. But the opponent heald himself in the next round. Seems glitched. Hope they fix it, that item was way too expensive not to :D

Here are my results of today.

Chia Clown, hard, Central Arena:

1. 300 NP / Item Limit

AND: I'd got a Cursed Wand of Shadow and a Har Codestone in my inventory.

2. NP limit. / Brain muffin.

AND: Defence in the Battledome in my inventory

3. NP Limit / Apple and cheese sandwich

Donny, Medium, Frost Arena

1. NP Limit/ Item Limit

2. NP Limit/Snow days

3. NP Limit/Snow architecture

Donny, hard, Frost Arena

1. Pink Faerie Snowball

2. Limit.

And: Steel Snowball in inventory

3. Nothing

Pant devil, easy, Rattling Cauldron

1. NP limit, grundo stix, Tai-Kai codestone

and: pant devil pinata in inventory

2. NP limit/item limit

And: Zed codestone in inventory

Pant devil, medium , Rattling Cauldron

1. Grundo stix

Harry the mutant Moehog, easy, ugga dome

1. Tyrannian Skeith Plushie

Flaming Meerca, easy, central arena

1. Nothing

I have tried all kinds of challengers on varying levels - I don't have a fantastic battledome pet (yet, I've been training him for several months now, so he's getting there!), so I can't try some of the harder ones, and I find my prizes just wildly vary. I got a red codestone off of the Flaming Meerca on medium, not sure if I could beat him on hard, although maybe. So I think it may just be random. I did however get more prizes today than yesterday, so I was glad for that! Also the lag seems to have decreased a lot.

Rebecca, I too always seem to wind up with extra items in my inventory that didn't show up in the prize list!

My Heavy Blue Tunic is not working. It claims to freeze the opponent, but then the opponent takes a turn the next round anyway.

I have tried all kinds of challengers on varying levels - I don't have a fantastic battledome pet (yet, I've been training him for several months now, so he's getting there!), so I can't try some of the harder ones, and I find my prizes just wildly vary. I got a red codestone off of the Flaming Meerca on medium, not sure if I could beat him on hard, although maybe. So I think it may just be random. I did however get more prizes today than yesterday, so I was glad for that! Also the lag seems to have decreased a lot.

Rebecca, I too always seem to wind up with extra items in my inventory that didn't show up in the prize list!

Yeah, the prizes seemed rather random for me as well. My best(or rather most expensive) prize I've gotten so far was a nerkmid from beating chia clown...on easy.

This time, I decided to fight one opponent until I was sure I had truly exhausted the available items I could get from it. I picked on Balthazar because he was trivial to beat on Hard. The listing below includes NP and items from each battle, along with rarity, estimated value, and any other notes that occurred to me.

Balthazar, Rattling Cauldron, Hard

Battle 1:

300 NP

Bri Codestone (R40, V1464)

Battle 2:

300NP

Orn Codestone (R40, V2056)

Gigantic Balthazar Plushie (R90, V4300, challenger themed)

Battle 3:

300NP

Pumpkin Slice (R73, V1134, arena themed)

Battle 4:

300NP

Item Limit

Battle 5:

300NP

Item Limit

Battle 6:

NP Limit

Bone Dog (R82, V1230, arena themed)

Gigantic Balthazar Plushie (R90, V4300, challenger themed)

Battle 7:

Item Limit

Battle 8:

Item Limit

Battle 9:

Vo Codestone (R40, V1987)

Battle 10:

Large Grundo Toe With Lint Side Order (R74, V2456, arena themed)

Battle 11:

Orn Codestone (R40, V2056)

Haunted Hummus (R84, V1217, arena themed)

Battle 12:

Kew Codestone (R101, V0)

Battle 13:

Bri Codestone (R40, V1464)

Battle 14:

Item Limit

Battle 15:

Item Limit

Battle 16:

Vo Codestone (R40, V1987)

Battle 17:

Zombie Marshmallows (R82, V1472, arena themed)

Zombie Marshmallows (I did not see this appear as a reward; it just appeared in my inventory. It's also the 15th and last item I received--there could be a glitch that duplicates the last prize, or something of the sort.)

I fought Balthazar 5 more times after this, to be sure that was all I would get from him. Then I fought the Lava Ghoul on Medium in the Pango Palladium 5 times to see if I got anything there. I got zilch from any of those fights.

Preliminary conclusions:

1) My 15-item overall cap seems to be holding. After receiving 15 items, I got nothing in 10 additional matches.

2) There are 3 obvious categories of items in my results: Codestones (reds may be separate), Arena-themed food, and Challenger-themed items. I believe it is possible to get one of each in a single fight, but I did not see that happen today.

3) If there is a per-category limit, it's at least 6 (I got 6 spooky foods and 6 regular codestones). More likely, there is no category cap, just the 15 total cap.

4) You can get item limit messages and still get more items from that challenger.

Revised hypothesis: there are additional categories that the game is selecting from, but which cannot be awarded for fighting the challenger. This produces an empty result, for which it is incorrectly displaying an "Item Limit" message. It could be that there are categories reserved for more difficult challengers, or it could just something like selecting themed items for the wrong arena or challenger.

Regardless, it's obviously bugged. I suggest that you keep fighting until you get 15 items.

Thought I'd record todays battles too for some more data to go off:

Mr Chuckles easy: 50np, apple and cinnamon crepe, bite size celery

Mr Chuckles easy: 50np, toast with jam

Chia Clown easy: 50np, silly clown usuki

Pant devil easy: 50np and item limit reached

Mr Chuckles medium: 120np and item limit reached

Mr Chuckles hard: 254np, fish and chips, mau codestone

Chia Clown medium: 150np and hot buttered toast

Chia Clown hard: glitch (no reward screen) but chia clown ball in inventory

Mr Chuckles medium: 254np and lu codestone

Valin easy: glitch (no reward screen) but the definitive snowglobe guide in inventory

S750 Kreludan Defender Robot easy: 50np and item limit reached

Donny easy: 50np and finely ground bean powder

Donny medium: np limit and itsy bitsy tiny snowball, sho codestone

Donny hard: item and np limit reached

Chia Clown easy: item and np limit reached

Chia Clown easy: np limit reached, toast with jam

Chia Clown easy: item and np limit reached

Chia Clown easy: np limit reached, cursed wand of shadow

nothing more after this.

So yep, 15 limit seems to be pretty set, even though it comes up with item limit reached quite a bit. Np relates to difficulty, but probably not the items. And I think Balance's theory about item themes seems pretty accurate.

Looks like the item limit really is 15 items. I fought the chia clown on hard enough times for me to be satisfied that this is the limit. Also tried to fight him on easy like five times or so afterwards and got neither items nor np.

For those who are interested, these are the items I got:

Tai-kai codestone, defence in the battledome, sho codestone, croissant, cinnamon raisin oatmeal, darigan muffin, mag codestone, chocolate covered cherries, fish and chips, freshly tinned carrots, basket of bread, toad in a hole (did not get notified of this), wind up chia clown, dried mango, endless salad and bread sticks.

I agree, 15 does seem to be limit. I only got 15 (though I wasn't notified of them all). There were a number of rounds where I didn't recieve anything at all (NP or item), but I did continue to win items after it said I hit the item limit.

I didn't keep track of my wins today against the Brain Tree on hard. A lot of spooky food, two red codestones, and two normal codestones.

I agree, 15 does seem to be limit. I only got 15 (though I wasn't notified of them all). There were a number of rounds where I didn't recieve anything at all (NP or item), but I did continue to win items after it said I hit the item limit.

I didn't keep track of my wins today against the Brain Tree on hard. A lot of spooky food, two red codestones, and two normal codestones.

You got great prizes compared to me. No red codestones for today. :( I usually get 3 on average! I got 4 normal codestones and spooky food/food. I got 15 prizes and am hoarding those red codestones for when I'll need them.

You got great prizes compared to me. No red codestones for today. :( I usually get 3 on average! I got 4 normal codestones and spooky food/food. I got 15 prizes and am hoarding those red codestones for when I'll need them.

On average? I've only gotten 2 red codestones total so far.