Battledome Beta Opened To Everyone!

hrtbrk

I haven't had an all-win streak at all because I didn't realize just how buggy it is -.- I didn't realize going in that I wouldn't be able to use species abilities, berserk, defend, etc. and I don't have a defense item because I'm so used to using those. Plus...anyone else notice that 100% freezers don't work in the new battledome yet? The Beta news doesn't say anything about it--it says that reflectors may not work, and items with a special purpose like the bent fork. So I've lost a few battles that I would have won easily in the old Battledome.

I really love the new battledome and the prizes and all that, but the deflation is CRAZY! I got two red codestones and within half an hour their price went down 5k! TNT shouldn't release the beta testing, because this deflation is silly.

I hope they'll pull back the whole thing, before codestones are down to 100np each..

Heh, I would knd of like to see Codestones down to 100np each, I'm not going to lie! I hate spending 30k+ for each stat!

Heh, I would knd of like to see Codestones down to 100np each, I'm not going to lie! I hate spending 30k+ for each stat!

lol. I'm hope that the prizes stay. I had about 10 red codestones and sold them all the day before the beta was released to everyone! Zed Codestones were over 60k and now are less than 30k!

I got a Water Faerie Halberd and a Maraquan Grackle Bug after battling the Koi Warrior. :) I've just been beating each opponent on whichever level I am able, and I haven't lost yet. And I'm using simple items too like a Scarab Ring and Golden Compass.

Does anyone know anything about BD avatars yet? I just got Black Pteri as a challenger and I don't want to do anything wrong or something.

They are not working right now, but they will be reactivated. They are not retired. You probably will just need to beat the Black Pteri when they are re-activated. Plus, challengers don't get harder now, so you don't have to worry about holding off!

I do wish you healed after winning a battle though.

Majorly agreed! I lost my first battle today ( :sad02:) and I'm having trouble getting back to full health! I could spring for the potions, but I'm trying to get healed by the Healing Springs.

Hmm that could be difficult for getting certain avatars. So many people have pets on their sides they're willing to battle with to help others out.

That's why they'll be adding a feature that allows us to turn off loot on our sides. Which will be awesome since I have TDN's Tonu on my side for avatar battles.

Majorly agreed! I lost my first battle today ( :sad02:) and I'm having trouble getting back to full health! I could spring for the potions, but I'm trying to get healed by the Healing Springs.

Do you have a reusable healing item? Once you get enough health to enter a battle, tackle one of the weak challengers on easy and use your healing item in the first turn. Hopefully, that should leave you close to full once you finish thwacking your opponent.

Do you have a reusable healing item? Once you get enough health to enter a battle, tackle one of the weak challengers on easy and use your healing item in the first turn. Hopefully, that should leave you close to full once you finish thwacking your opponent.

That's what I did as well. :) The Healing Springs gave me 3HP, and I was able to get back up to full health by battling the Clown Chia and using my Greater Healing Scroll. :)

They should stay, of course, but they shouldn't be so common. Especially the red ones. It's great that their price is going down, as training is getting cheaper - even for those on higher levels, but if I train my pet to crazy high stats I expect some nice rewards from the battles, not some crazily deflated nerkmids or morphing potions.. -.-

They should stay, of course, but they shouldn't be so common. Especially the red ones. It's great that their price is going down, as training is getting cheaper - even for those on higher levels, but if I train my pet to crazy high stats I expect some nice rewards from the battles, not some crazily deflated nerkmids or morphing potions.. -.-

I haven't got any nerkmid or morphing potions for 2 days now, only food items (and I do play on hard mode). They may have taken those prices away for the easy-to-beat characters.

I agree, I think they did. I'm glad I was able to snag some for the first couple of days though. :P I've still been getting a few codestones, but just the regular ones now.

I bought myself a Bag of Healing Dust, which heals half of your hit points. Definitely worth it when you have a lot of hit points. Of course, that gets WAY more expensive than healing potions, but being able to heal quickly in battle is a really good idea.

I hit ten items today - yesterday I think I got 15! I wonder if it's fluctuating?

The item limit is a little odd. The NP limit appears to be global--once you get the message once, you don't get any more NP--but the item limit is not. After I got the item limit message fighting hard opponents, I swatted Mr. Chuckles to heal up, and received more items. Then I fought some opponents on medium, and got items there as well. I fought medium opponents for a while, swapping back to easy occasionally to heal. Eventually, I got item limit messages on both difficulties...then got one last item on easy, bringing my total items to 15.

My working hypothesis is that the item limit is actually a combination of limits. There seems to be a hard cap on the total number of items you can get--say, 15. Then there are categories of items, probably sorted according to some value metric (though it doesn't appear to be strictly rarity or estimated value, since one of the last things I got was a Hairy Snowball). Each category may have a cap, and some of the categories are only available at higher difficulty settings.

Say that the categories are "Excellent", "Good", "Normal", and "Junk", and that N and J categories are available from easy opponents. Medium opponents add G-class items, and hard opponents add E-class. If you're fighting an easy opponent, and the item roll comes up with an N-class item after you've hit your N-limit, you get the limit message. If it comes up with a J-class item, though, you get the item. Tomorrow, I think I'll track the order of the items I get to see if there's any value pattern.

On a completely unrelated note: some of the challengers have non-standard difficulty progressions. Most of them go from x1-x1.5-x2, but the Down For Maintenance Pteri has x1-x10-x20 (Easy: 75, Medium: 750, Hard: 1500), and Kastraliss is x1-x8-x16. There may be others, but those are the ones I noticed. I'm not sure if they're bugged, or TNT set them up that way on purpose.

Wow this is annoying. I got stuck in a fight again and I can't figure out how to get out of it again.

That happened to me this morning. Try going to this page and see if you can withdraw or continue battling. http://www.neopets.c...me/status.phtml That ended up solving my problem.

I guess the prizes/ limits are arena based.. Can anyone check this?

The types of prizes definitely seem to be arena based. I battled the Mutant Walein this morning, and I got a TONNE of Maraqua/water items, none of which I had won from any of the other opponents I had battled. :)

I like Balance's theory too! I will make a note of what prizes I get from which oppponents (on which difficulty!) tomorrow :D