Battledome Beta Opened To Everyone!

hrtbrk

I only got a nerkmid and an inexpensive book before the limit! but i LOVE the redesign!! i might turn into a battledome player :D

may i ask if the bottled faerie abilities are still a thing? bought one and tried blessing but it says sorry, BD is closed.. maybe we have to wait for the beta test to pass...

looking forward to the (rumoured) BD plot now!! :D :D

Well, poop...some of you are getting prizes even after you reach the limit? Because it said that I'd hit the limit on my very first game, and I didn't get anything :-( I've played several games and I've only gotten a handful of np.

As items and Neopoints are now awarded from the Battledome, using the BD on your side account is now off-limits. We will be adding an option to let players turn off loot earning so they can fight on sides, but as we have quite a few features we are working on adding that might not be ready immediately. Until then, there are other ways to change the gender of your Neopet, including the Lab Ray itself and Strange Potions.

From today's editorial. Just thought I would post it here so everyone knows that right now battling on sides is not allowed.

I'll be happy when we're able to turn the lot feature off on our sides.

Just had my first battle in the new battledome, although I had only had about 5 battles in the old one since I never understood anything...and I got some pretty mediocre prizes (which I think is good because my pets are very low levels, I've never trained them really so I think it's better if the good prizes are kept for the better pets, something to aspire to!). But just wondering, I just beat punching bag bob (one of those things I'd been meaning to do but never did) and I didn't get the trophy. After reading that avatars aren't working yet, is it fair to say the trophy will be available post-beta version (and I'll have to redo it)? Or do you think it will be a trophy that stays with the old battledome?

I tried a little bit of battling last night. I really love the update. It makes it so much more fun and less tedious than "click, click, click"

I got NP a few times, and 2 items (A Bri Codestone and a Pant Devil Pinata) before I got messages saying I'd hit my max of items and NP. I'm looking forward to trying it more. I do wish you healed after winning a battle though.

Same here! I really miss that, but I can see why they changed it. :(

Just had my first battle in the new battledome, although I had only had about 5 battles in the old one since I never understood anything...and I got some pretty mediocre prizes (which I think is good because my pets are very low levels, I've never trained them really so I think it's better if the good prizes are kept for the better pets, something to aspire to!). But just wondering, I just beat punching bag bob (one of those things I'd been meaning to do but never did) and I didn't get the trophy. After reading that avatars aren't working yet, is it fair to say the trophy will be available post-beta version (and I'll have to redo it)? Or do you think it will be a trophy that stays with the old battledome?

I imagine that you'll have to re-beat Bob in order to get the avatar. They've said that all avatars, etc will be available with the new BD, and won't be retired- so I can't imagine that the Punchbag Bob trophy would be retired!

Hrm my little quote button doesn't seem to be working, but thanks Rebecca that would make sense, I'm now actually looking forward to trying to get some of these avatars, will be a little easier to train up my pets now since I have a feeling codestones are going to plummet even more in price :)

And dynohawk I got that as well, but it kept giving me prizes, so glitch I would say, although I have no idea what the actual limit should be...hopefully we don't get in trouble for continuing to play after getting that message :/

I totally agree on the prize tier thing ... it's unfair that my 600+ HP battlepet gets 100 np prize and others get nerkmids and morphing potions ...

I didn't get a nerkmid or codestones until after multiple wins. The first few times I just got 50 np and some really cheap food. Once I won more I started getting better stuff more often.

Yay! I got some amazing prizes today. *does happy dance* I got a platinum nerkmid, which I then used to get the alien aisha vending machine avatar and then another nerkmid worth twice as much dropped out of the machine! (:

I also got a couple different codestones and a snowy flotsam MP. I can use that for the snow avi now too. So I'm very pleased.

Edit: Although I am really happy with my prizes I've never trained my pet at all. So it is kinda messed up that you can get such great prizes. Not that I'm complaining...

Yay! I got some amazing prizes today. *does happy dance* I got a platinum nerkmid, which I then used to get the alien aisha vending machine avatar and then another nerkmid worth twice as much dropped out of the machine! (:

I also got a couple different codestones and a snowy flotsam MP. I can use that for the snow avi now too. So I'm very pleased.

Edit: Although I am really happy with my prizes I've never trained my pet at all. So it is kinda messed up that you can get such great prizes. Not that I'm complaining...

It seems that red codestones and Flotasm MP's are deflating fast!

Yay! I'm glad you were able to get the avatar. :D

I imagine that the prizes are a little out of whack while it's in beta.

They really are! Then again I have no clue how much the snowy flotsam MP was before... but I'm guessing they weren't available on the SW until now.

They really are! Then again I have no clue how much the snowy flotsam MP was before... but I'm guessing they weren't available on the SW until now.

I'm pretty sure they weren't buyable before either, haha. Oh well!

I really love the new battledome and the prizes and all that, but the deflation is CRAZY! I got two red codestones and within half an hour their price went down 5k! TNT shouldn't release the beta testing, because this deflation is silly.

I hope they'll pull back the whole thing, before codestones are down to 100np each..