The Daily Neopets' presents... Puzzle Challenge 2012!

Izzy ♥

Puzzle 1: done

Puzzle 2: don't ask

Puzzle 3: done

Puzzle 4: done

Puzzle 5: I know the answer, I'm sure its right. I've entered it twice, first time in full, second time with just the first bit. I'm 99% sure that I've not made any spelling errors as I copied and pasted it. could someone tell me if I should include the last bit in my answer, please?

Puzzle 6: Last item to find; what-in-neopia is the yellow squidgy looking thing? (next to the loot bag)

Puzzle 7: done

Puzzle 8: done

any help appreciated,

cheers :D

Edited by Darthenia

Puzzle 1: done

Puzzle 2: don't ask

Puzzle 3: done

Puzzle 4: done

Puzzle 5: I know the answer, I'm sure its right. I've entered it twice, first time in full, second time with just the first bit. I'm 99% sure that I've not made any spelling errors as I copied and pasted it. could someone tell me if I should include the last bit in my answer, please?

Puzzle 6: Last item to find; what-in-neopia is the yellow squidgy looking thing? (next to the loot bag)

Puzzle 7: done

Puzzle 8: done

any help appreciated,

cheers :D

I wouldn't want to touch the yellow thing if I were you. It would hurt ;)

Woohoo! Finally got #7! And on my last guess, too. I fell asleep with the phrase still in my head and when I woke up and took a shower to get ready for work, it was like a lightbulb suddenly appeared. Goes to show that you need to relax first. Lol!

Props to Izzy for getting me hooked on these puzzles so much! As much as the prize motivates me, solving them has been really fun.

And yep, for #8, knowing how to pronounce them is important.

I'm back to 6 and 2. I feel really dumb for still not getting 6.

So I know the names of all of the evil peps and looked up how to pronounce their names but what do I do with the question marks in the last one. ARG this one has me questioning my intelligence.

*Gal. 3:26*

Yep #2 is gonna be the death of me I just know it. Haha these puzzles are actually very fun. I don't usually do this kind of thing but I'm actually enjoying myself.

» Day 7 - Puzzling Picture

You have answered this puzzle correctly! Way to go! Go ahead and try another puzzle from the

puzzle list.

over..thanked it

I saw the answer staring me in the face, but I didn't get it til my third try

BTW the answer is NOT sundial

^^ that's what happens when you overthink lol

I wouldn't want to touch the yellow thing if I were you. It would hurt wink2.gif

I think I'm more stumped now! I've tried the following keywords that I thought related to either your clue and/or the picture;

hot

lava

acid

poison

oil

hot oil

electricity

lightning

electric

ow

owch

ouch

sharp

hurt

pain

spikey

shark infested custard

custard

danger

dangerous

all have yielded no results.

I wouldn't want to touch the yellow thing if I were you. It would hurt wink2.gif

I think I'm more stumped now! I've tried the following keywords that I thought related to either your clue and/or the picture;

hot

lava

acid

poison

oil

hot oil

electricity

lightning

electric

ow

owch

ouch

sharp

hurt

pain

spikey

shark infested custard

custard

danger

dangerous

all have yielded no results.

EDIT: hahaha how silly of me. yes, that sure is one [REMOVED] of an anagram ;)

any help appreciated,

cheers biggrin.png

oh? I haven't touched this puzzle since yesterday. It told me i got it wrong twice. Twice i got the 'oops sorry wrong answer' pop up.

But now when I view puzzle 5 itself, I see 'congratulations you answered correctly'

AND NOW, when I view the puzzle homepage (even after many refreshes) I see this;

...5help.png

:S :S

EDIT: and now this;

5help2.png

will this affect my scores?

can you check to see if your system says I answered 5 correctly?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Zombiiesque) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Additionally, please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hmmm - I got #9 on my first try, having done some math... although I'm not really sure whether I found the trick or whether I just got lucky :P

At least this is a puzzle where you have a 3/5 chance of getting it right :)

Actually it's 3 out of 4. You already know that Breik can't be the answer.

OMG! I just solved #6 on my first guess. Now, I just want to go sit in a corner and die. I can't believe it took me days to figure it out.

And finally, back to the mind boggling #2. (I don't wanna....)

Darn it... Last night I was staring at the domino pieces for 2, trying to work out how in the world they would fit together... I just looked at the 2008 one and realized that the pieces don't have to match up like real dominoes. :crying_blow: I'll work at it later, I suppose.

I still have no clue on 5 either...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Zombiiesque) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Additionally, please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I swore? I didnt realise i cursed at all. what did I say?

besides all that, if I did I'm sorry.

EDIT: okay I see where I "cursed". that must be a language barrier between our countries, cause here it's not considered a swear word.

in regards to the double post, I clicked "edit" and then "use full editor" and when I submitted it, it posted it entirely separately instead of editing it.

I do know how to edit, and I did read the forum rules. My apologies for any aggrovation caused by miscommunication on my part.

EDIT: perhaps you should add a clause into the forum rules stating what is and isnt acceptable language, or defining what what the hard limits to it are?

Please keep your posts on topic, if you have questions or concerns about a mod edit, please contact the staff member privately.