The Official TDN Item Price Check Topic

Tedhaun

Is "'Jelly Guacamole" a fair trade for my "Silver Brightvale Job Coupon"? I see many on the TP but am wondering if they're HTS or not. I don't really want to go throught that. Are there any JCs on the SSW?

There are none on the SSW. But other than that, I can't be of much help. No idea what it's worth.

Is "'Jelly Guacamole" a fair trade for my "Silver Brightvale Job Coupon"? I see many on the TP but am wondering if they're HTS or not. I don't really want to go throught that. Are there any JCs on the SSW?

I would just take pure for a Job Coupon. Jelly Guacamole is a gourmet food (roughly going for ~450k), and those don't tend to sell very easily unless a kad wants them, and even then you'd have to be online to accept the trade quickly. The job coupon would be a much easier sale if you sell a little under the market price.

I just found a strange item in an RE. Something I've never seen before. :weird:

Red Ranaka Bead

lutari_bead_2.gif

Description: Some people say this bead brings you strength. Others say it could spell your doom. Do you really want to find out whos right?

Anyways, it's an unbuyable and there are some in the TP but I have no idea what it's worth. Anyone have a clue? ;) Thanks!

That's a bead for a Lutari talisman. You can either put it on your own talisman or try to sell it. Apparently they were worth 1.3M back in August. I don't know what red beads do; I found a green bead a long while ago and chose to put it on my talisman, and I randomly get 10% more points on Flash games (probably ~10-20% of the time). I think it's paid for itself, but I couldn't find a clear guide on what the other colors do (one gives you a discount in Neopian shops, and one allegedly increases your chance of getting random events).

That's a bead for a Lutari talisman. You can either put it on your own talisman or try to sell it. Apparently they were worth 1.3M back in August. I don't know what red beads do; I found a green bead a long while ago and chose to put it on my talisman, and I randomly get 10% more points on Flash games (probably ~10-20% of the time). I think it's paid for itself, but I couldn't find a clear guide on what the other colors do (one gives you a discount in Neopian shops, and one allegedly increases your chance of getting random events).

Thanks for the info! Wow, it'd be nice to get 1.3mil for it! I'd be happy. :) This would be the first RE that I've had that sells for over a mil! Hm, I'll probably have to wait around a bit though. I believe the red beads give neopian shop discounts. (good for restockers, I'd guess) I probably won't sell this for a month or so. ;)

Yeah, the red beads would be fairly useless to me, but I'll keep adding any greens that I get, maybe. (When I got mine, I think they were available from the LI mobile app, so it wasn't worth as much -- if it was even UB, it was barely. If prices have skyrocketed, I'd have to weigh the increased game NP vs. the loss of bank interest from not having the NP from selling in the bank.) Just keep in mind that Lutari talismans are like stamp albums; you can add beads, but you can never remove them.

Does anybody know how much a Maraquan Exploration Suit would go for? (A retired item).

I tried searching forums/shop wizard/trading post/jellyneo/etc and I can't find anything about the current price.

I know it was est. 200NC back in 2007/8-ish, but what about now?

• 2 weeks later...

I recently received a halloween grundo plushie and I cannot find out its worth!

I have only found one other in the trading post for 2 million and nothing in the auction house or the shop wizard.

As I cannot find many, I am assuming its fairly rare..but not being a plushie collector I am unsure and would like some help.

Jellyneo does not have a price and nor does anywhere else as far as I can find!

smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I recently found a pet called Cibunne in the pound.. perfect name for a Cybunny, right? I was planning on trying to bag one next week on Cybunny day anyway but unfortunately Cibunne is currently a nimmo.. I'm trying to get my hands on a MP but I'm not sure which one is the cheapest. The JN database doesn't seem to have all the MPs listed and the Neo[Removed] item database seems to be a little out of date. Does anybody know the cheapest way for me to turn her into a Cybunny?

Ah, it's probably too expensive.. might have to pound her again :(

Hey all! I recently found a pet called Cibunne in the pound.. perfect name for a Cybunny, right? I was planning on trying to bag one next week on Cybunny day anyway but unfortunately Cibunne is currently a nimmo.. I'm trying to get my hands on a MP but I'm not sure which one is the cheapest. The JN database doesn't seem to have all the MPs listed and the Neo[Removed] item database seems to be a little out of date. Does anybody know the cheapest way for me to turn her into a Cybunny?

Ah, it's probably too expensive.. might have to pound her again :(

Easiest way to do this is to go through the item DB and click on the Trading Post icon, to take you to browse lots on the Trading Post.

Currently, the cheapest around are Yellow Cybunny Morphing Potions going roughly for ~640k (they're not cheap! Cybunnies are a fairly popular species) There's always a chance that an owner will be willing to haggle, but that's your rough estimate :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have 86 Negg Tokens. I'm not sure if I should get a Power Negg + Glamour Negg or buy a negg worth 4 tokens and buy Cracked Negg. Help?

Check the price of a negg on the SW, and then check the prices of each of the neggs you're interested in (on the SW or TP). Usually you can buy them for much cheaper on the SW/TP than through the neggery, so you might as well sell the token-neggs and then use the profits to buy the special neggs (plus a little something-something with the leftover). The one exception: armoured neggs used to be comparable in price to 16 neggs (or however much they cost in tokens). Double-check to be sure this is still true (and that there are no more profitable neggs), and you could cash in for armoured neggs/other profitable/break-even neggs (since you've already got the tokens), sell them, and then get the neggs you want with the NP.

Regarding which negg to buy, compare their cheapest price (through neggs or tokens), and divide the price by the number of stats you get from the negg (if you get an item, subtract the average value of an item of that kind from the price of the negg before you start; e.g., armoured neggs give omelette shields, which are worth ~1NP, so the price of an armoured negg would be 40,000 -- made up, but assume it's from the SW -- minus 1 NP, or 39,999 -- obviously not a big difference, but if the item were a book, it might be worth more). This will tell you the price per stat -- buy the cheapest (carrying forth the armoured negg example, you get 1 defense, so the cost per stat would be 39,999 NP/stat). And then there's of course the subjectiveness -- how much do you want the stat/whatever from this negg? You might be willing to pay 40k for defense but not even half that for movement. Or maybe you're collecting for a gallery -- then it comes down to what you like or what best suits your theme.

Hi guys! This one might be a little difficult to find the price for...

I need the prices of two items, specifically relative to the prices of each other.

The two items are Faerie Amulet and Space Amulet. They were both rare item code prizes from the same thing back in 2001. Very few of each exist, and I'm inclined to believe that they're the same rarity. A few more people have the faerie amulets in their galleries, but I think that's mainly because they fit more gallery themes and are more popular items.

Can anyone give me a price check on each of these relative to each other? Is one worth more? Is one worth less? About the same? I would assume that the faerie amulet is easier to sell, as faeries are a more popular collector's theme than space.

One of the fire gallery owners bought a faerie amulet for 35m back in 2009. There currently a space amulet on the TP for 40m.

'Ello, all. o.o I have a question about the current worth of an Acara Transmogrification Potion. I got one from a random event (yippee, and such!), and prices on the trading post range from around 3.2m to 4m.

I posted on the trading boards that I was selling it, and looking for around 3.2m, and so far, I've been offered a highest of 1.9m, and then been laughed at for rejecting. :/

I'd like to know if what I'm looking for is reasonable, or if I'm way overpricing it, like people are accusing me of. Or, are the people offering on it just trying to rip me off, in making me think their offers are great?

I mean, any money is better than no money (especially because I was broke when I got the potion), but if it's worth more than they're offering, I'd rather wait - and I'm sort of afraid to ask around on the boards themselves for value, now, with how I've been spoken to so far. x-x I'm not a trader, and I'm used to the way people are on the NC mall board - which, so far, is much more friendly and understanding.

'Ello, all. o.o I have a question about the current worth of an Acara Transmogrification Potion. I got one from a random event (yippee, and such!), and prices on the trading post range from around 3.2m to 4m.

I posted on the trading boards that I was selling it, and looking for around 3.2m, and so far, I've been offered a highest of 1.9m, and then been laughed at for rejecting. :/

I'd like to know if what I'm looking for is reasonable, or if I'm way overpricing it, like people are accusing me of. Or, are the people offering on it just trying to rip me off, in making me think their offers are great?

I mean, any money is better than no money (especially because I was broke when I got the potion), but if it's worth more than they're offering, I'd rather wait - and I'm sort of afraid to ask around on the boards themselves for value, now, with how I've been spoken to so far. x-x I'm not a trader, and I'm used to the way people are on the NC mall board - which, so far, is much more friendly and understanding.

You're right. All the ones on the TP are 3.5-5M. The one in the auctions is 3.5M (with no bids). JN updated its price 12 days ago as 3M. So all signs seem to point to them trying to rip you off. I don't know if this rises to the level of reportable. Prices are fluid, after all, but you're pricing to the market, and they're trying to tell you the market price is only about half of what it seems to be. I'd probably report them with all the evidence and let TNT decide if they're scamming or just driving a hard bargain. At the very least, I'd add the offending users to my "block" list and keep my trade up. It might take a while to get a decent offer. I've advertised my trades before. It rarely seems to generate any interest, but sometimes it does. And I've gotten rude people on my boards, but I've reported them (if it was reportable) or just ignored them if it's not. Just post your trade link and price, say you'll accept lowest on the TP. Don't ask what a good price is; you know what it is. Accept a little less, if you like, but half seems pushing it, to me. If you're patient, I'm sure you can get closer to the full value. And if not, create a new trade with a little lower price and try again.

You're right. All the ones on the TP are 3.5-5M. The one in the auctions is 3.5M (with no bids). JN updated its price 12 days ago as 3M. So all signs seem to point to them trying to rip you off. I don't know if this rises to the level of reportable. Prices are fluid, after all, but you're pricing to the market, and they're trying to tell you the market price is only about half of what it seems to be. I'd probably report them with all the evidence and let TNT decide if they're scamming or just driving a hard bargain. At the very least, I'd add the offending users to my "block" list and keep my trade up. It might take a while to get a decent offer. I've advertised my trades before. It rarely seems to generate any interest, but sometimes it does. And I've gotten rude people on my boards, but I've reported them (if it was reportable) or just ignored them if it's not. Just post your trade link and price, say you'll accept lowest on the TP. Don't ask what a good price is; you know what it is. Accept a little less, if you like, but half seems pushing it, to me. If you're patient, I'm sure you can get closer to the full value. And if not, create a new trade with a little lower price and try again.

Alright, thanks a bunch. I'll likely just block and move on. If they try to rip people off as a habit, then they'll end up reported evetually anyway. I'm patient enough to wait, for sure, just wasn't sure if I was mistaken in my price range like they said. Just so unused to this kind of behavior on neopets - my experience on other boards has been so different. Though, I guess the trading board is much more competitive. xD Anyway, thanks for the advice!

Hi guys! This one might be a little difficult to find the price for...

I need the prices of two items, specifically relative to the prices of each other.

The two items are Faerie Amulet and Space Amulet. They were both rare item code prizes from the same thing back in 2001. Very few of each exist, and I'm inclined to believe that they're the same rarity. A few more people have the faerie amulets in their galleries, but I think that's mainly because they fit more gallery themes and are more popular items.

Can anyone give me a price check on each of these relative to each other? Is one worth more? Is one worth less? About the same? I would assume that the faerie amulet is easier to sell, as faeries are a more popular collector's theme than space.

One of the fire gallery owners bought a faerie amulet for 35m back in 2009. There currently a space amulet on the TP for 40m.

Can anyone else help me out here please? Any opinions are welcome..

Hey all! I have two items that I have no idea what to ask. First is Draik Halloween Toy Box, and the other is Gold Shoyru Yoyo. I don't want to lose money, but I also don't want to over price them. I want them to sell. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

Elyse

How much does the Mysterious Draik Mask is worth? I want to know because man, I can't sell this. It's an HTS, I get it, but i tried to trade in the tp for an item of 175k when this item is checked as 375k and the guy rejected it. Whats happenning dude?? I can't sell this. I'm going to advertise this now in that other topic of advertising item. Here's a photo of this item:

clo_draik_mysmask.gif

Thanks guys and please answer my question.

I FINALLY sold it for another item I don't know the price exactly but i a better idea compared to that other one.

Thanks guys.

How much is Seasonal Chain Mail Helmet worth?

Thanks guys.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.