New Daily: Mysterious Negg Cave

hrtbrk

Yay! I did mine today without help! I feel clever right now... :woot:

Correct!

The negg slowly opens, revealing a prize!

shf_hand_roll.gif

Fruit and Vegetable Hand Roll

This prize is now in your inventory.

i'm liking the prizes for this game!

Correct!

pot_poog_red.gif

Red Poogle Morphing Potion

This prize is now in your inventory.

Lucky!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Quotes do not contribute to the word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I was really confused about how to actually solve the puzzle, so hopefully I can be of some help here. Think of this as though you have 9 separate pieces and each piece can only be used once: purple negg-thing, purple shield, purple flower, red negg-thing, red shield, red flower, yellow negg-thing, yellow shield, yellow flower. You can put them wherever you need on the board, but you can only use each piece (combination of shape and color) once. The light blue are shapes without colors (in other words-it's you job to determine the color) and the opposite of just the colored circles (it's your job to figure out the colors).

The things on the sides are obviously clues. Start with the biggest clue first (hopefully one that goes in a right angle) and fill it in. The clues cannot be flipped over, but they may be moved around...what I mean is that if you have a clue that's three vertical pieces (1 column), it may be from the first column of the board, or the second column, or the third column, but the tile on the top of the "clue column" will always correspond to the top of the board (it's not like they're trying to trick you and you have to flip it over).

Really, the best way to understand this game is to go to this website: http://www.puzzles.com/products/GridWorks/PlayOnline.htm, play a level 1 or 2 game, and you should be golden! I've only gotten prizes worth about 400 np, but according to others, this game may really be worth the effort it takes to learn! Once you learn, the puzzles should take you less than 5 minutes to solve!

I hope this helps those like me who were left scratching their heads. Good luck!

One of mine took 30 seconds. :) Got a Biyako.

Prices of Hasees fell, from 5.5 million, to 600k, what was Neopets thinking???

Not so good ones yet today........ for some

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't post multiple times in a row. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Well this is... surprising. I wasn't expecting this to come back :P cool though. I liked doing these :) during the plot. When I first saw this on the TDN main page I thought another plot was starting or that I was having Deja vu :P

I'm so lost on this puzzle any help? 357rmlx.png

nvm i figured it out lol i feel so dumb now negg latte

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

i need help..

mine is not exactly easy to match over the grid, they all seem to be all over the show..

anyone know how to go about this..?

also it won't let me add a screenshot of it :L

How do I upload a picture to show you mine? I'm stuck

im having the same problem..

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button. Also, please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

I dont know if anyone else found the location of the Mystery Negg daily yet but here it is:

2vn3pqh.png

I dont know if anyone else found the location of the Mystery Negg daily yet but here it is:

2vn3pqh.png

Awesome! I hope they update the map so there is a label for it.

gerhgsdfghjdgfh.jpg

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Also, please post requests for help on the Mysterious Negg Cave Help post.

I'm glad I don't have to wait to get neggbreaker and the avie. I beat him and got the avatar from the festival.

I know right I got the avvie from the festival too (All I did was say one of the answers in the beginning and got the avvie at the end :P).

Awesome! I loved doing these puzzles. :D

Correct!

shpp_kazeriu_purple.gif

Kazeriu

This prize is now in your

inventory

My prize today! Very pretty petpet, but not a dandan. (hahaha, got to stop hoping for those!) I also received the avatar as well as a new BD challenger? Am I supposed to get the Neggbreaker for BD?

My prize today! Very pretty petpet, but not a dandan. (hahaha, got to stop hoping for those!) I also received the avatar as well as a new BD challenger? Am I supposed to get the Neggbreaker for BD?

A number of people are getting the Avatar and challenger. I am just assuming that it was something that wasn't "turned off", so to speak, after the Festival of Neggs. The BD challenger isn't active, at the moment, so you can't battle him. Enjoy the avvie though!

From the editorial:

So, TNT, since you've recently brought back the Negg puzzle from this year's Festival of Neggs as a new daily, could this possibly mean that you will be bringing back features from other events as dailies? *coughkrawkislandsudokucough* Excuse me, I have a bit of a cold. ~warrior_cats_freak10

*hands you a handkerchief* Oops, that was actually a Ghostkerchief. Sorry, didn't mean to startle you like that! While we personally would loooove to see the sudoku game become a daily, it's not as easy to convert as the Festival of Neggs puzzle, which already randomised the puzzles. It's still on our "desperately wish to do" list, however; we just haven't been able to set aside enough time to get it done.

Doesn't look like we'll get the pirate sudoku any time soon, or ever. But there's hope!

I'm so glad they brought this back to become a daily - it's so much fun! I wish they would make the pirate sudoku into a daily too, it was my absolute favourite part of that little plot and I looked forward to doing it every day. But I can be satisfied with the Negg Cave for now :)