Who else misses the way older avatars looked?

Ninth

Recently I have noticed that TNT changed the way avatars looked.

Before they were usually simple images with blinking text.

avatarcollector.gifntstar.gifdestructomatch2.gifalienaisha.gifrandomcontest.gifsmuggleddubloon.gifmastervex.gifmootix.gifmathsbabaa.giffreakedkorbat.gifahhhhmeepit.gifgrarrlwarrior.gif

But the newer avatars, in my opinion...have gotten ugly. They are over-animated, and some of them are beveled and lost their pixel-y prettiness. The Faerie's Ruin had potential to be really pretty...but they ruined the Ruined avatar. -snickers- And that Negg Builder one is awful...I can't even tell what's going on. Neopocalypse looks like it was thrown together in 3 minutes.

imposterapple.giftfr2010_d92f4b98fa.gifneodaqtick.gifddstaff.gifddstaff_tourney.gifnegg_fest11.gifkrawkenattack.gifforgshore.gifneopocalypse.gifrubbish.gifnfy14.gifhtrichest.gif

The only recently released avatars I think are alright are these:

htrich.gifhtricher.giflawyerbot.gif

They're simple, no crazy animation, and no ugly beveled edges. AND TWO OF THEM HAVE TEXT. Why are the newer avatars lacking text?

I'm asking this because I'm working on a fake avatar page and already made a ton of fake avatars in the old style. I won't post them until the petpage is up, however. Not to toot my own horn, but I think they're much better looking than all of TNT's recent avatars hahaha.

What do you think?

I agree with you, I am not a big fan of the chaotic new avatars, too many things happening in a really little time. About the beveled edges thing, I have nothing against that.

I'll be glad to see your page when finished.

I'm with you. My favourite avatars are the older ones. Simple designs, but really pretty.

After seeing them in comparison in your post, I definitely agree. The older ones are really nice, and they look like both time and effort were behind their design. I'm looking forward to seeing your petpage once you're done. Will we be able to 'borrow' them (with due credit of course)?

I completely agree - especially with Faeries Ruin and Negg Builder. Trying to fit far too much into a teeny tiny square! I must admit I quite like the Rubbish avatar though :P

Cant wait to see your avatar page :)

After seeing them in comparison in your post, I definitely agree. The older ones are really nice, and they look like both time and effort were behind their design. I'm looking forward to seeing your petpage once you're done. Will we be able to 'borrow' them (with due credit of course)?

Yup! That's why I'm not posting them yet, so people don't use them until I get the link to my petpage and everything in the code. I'll also be taking custom requests! I made a bunch of Stamp Avatars for albums that don't have avatars yet, game avatars, pet avatars, random avatars, you name it. It's a lot of fun!

I never noticed this before but I think you are right .. the newer avatars are so cluttered and messy

Very very messy :/

Hmmm, I think I agree. I like some on both sides. But yeah I'd like some more simple ones. Some are just too busy for my liking

Yeah they are too busy. Busy ones are also hard to make fonts to.

True, some of these avvies are quite busy. However, I love the Imposter Apple avvie though <3

You're right though, the older avvies are simple and well designed

Oh, and the Lawyerbot avvie is cute as well

Yeah I like Lawyerbot too. I'm glad they made it the way they did.

I've always preferred simple avvies. I really don't like the busy ones with too much going on. Totally agree with you, and I'm looking forward to seeing your petpage once you've finished it :)!

lol I agree. I hate avvies where to omuch is going on.

The only avatars i've used in the past year are MSPP, Ghost Krawk, and Vex. All are simple.

I used all 3 of those at one point. They're nice looking.

I've always preferred simple avvies. I really don't like the busy ones with too much going on. Totally agree with you, and I'm looking forward to seeing your petpage once you've finished it :)!

Same xD And thanks! I'll be sure to advertise it here when it's finished.

I also like simple avatars, we dont need that much pzazz on it. TNT should use time on other things rather than designing avvies.

I also like simple avatars, we dont need that much pzazz on it. TNT should use time on other things rather than designing avvies.

They should have me making their avvies so they can focus on other things 0:)

I wish...

I totally agree - a lot of the newer avatars have limited appeal to me as well. Although I do like the stock market one, as well as imposter apple! I much prefer the older style and it IS kind of strange a lot of them don't have text. I too can't wait to see your page!

I totally agree - a lot of the newer avatars have limited appeal to me as well. Although I do like the stock market one, as well as imposter apple! I much prefer the older style and it IS kind of strange a lot of them don't have text. I too can't wait to see your page!

Yeah I wonder why the new ones don't have text? I find it weird.

The old ones had more variety, no doubt. I just came back from a few years of hiatus just a couple months ago, and I didn't notice how gruesome the avatars had gotten till I stumbled on this page. They're ALL the same shape, and so...dull. Well, at least we can be grateful we're still able to use the old ones. ^_^ They're classics anyway.

The old ones had more variety, no doubt. I just came back from a few years of hiatus just a couple months ago, and I didn't notice how gruesome the avatars had gotten till I stumbled on this page. They're ALL the same shape, and so...dull. Well, at least we can be grateful we're still able to use the old ones. ^_^ They're classics anyway.

Yeah xD But I'd like to see some new nice looking ones again. Oh well, maybe there will be a change in the future.

the new avatars don't have that cutesy feel of traditional pixel art.

it looks like they were created with a fancy program - they're essentially mini gifs.

i really do miss the old avatars. lawyerbot has been the only one i actually liked in the past multiple releases.

in general, i think neo doesn't about avatars quite as much.