London Olympics 2012

Dynohawk

Although I'm from America, I think I may have found my new favorite olympian: Tom Daley.

The only problem is this may cause a rush on people who really can't get away with it wearing very tight trunks...

I watched the Artistic Gymnastics Team Final today and I was very impressed by the American team :)

Poor Russians though , they were all crying :( the biggest surprise was Romania beating China for 3rd place ...

Also proud of the Egyptian who won Silver in Fencing .. he lost the Final 13-15 .. great result really ... he made history :)

and Michael Phelps lost the 200M freestyle final :O

I watched the Artistic Gymnastics Team Final today and I was very impressed by the American team :)

Poor Russians though , they were all crying :( the biggest surprise was Romania beating China for 3rd place ...

Also proud of the Egyptian who won Silver in Fencing .. he lost the Final 13-15 .. great result really ... he made history :)

and Michael Phelps lost the 200M freestyle final :O

American Gymnasts today were on fire, that Gabby! What a little mover. I have to say watching Team GB in yesterdays Male Gymnasts final was much more riviting for me, first medal for Team GB in that event for 100 years.

Phelps seems a bit arrogant, I prefer Lochte.

I have to admit that I am a complete and utter cynic who puts this country to shame in my complete lack of support for this momentous occasion. I don't actually care enough about it to actively whine about it unless directly asked but I can see it as an expensive waste of money that I'd far prefer was on a different countries budget. The winners curse perhaps where the price we paid to win was far more than anything we are going to get out of it.

But as I said; I'm cynical. But I am very glad I don't live in London...I would not be able to cope with the road layouts etc and would just end up moving out the country for the duration!

http://sportales.com...mpics-worth-it/

Well at least you admit you're a cynic, not met any thus far thankfully, everyone is into it! Events like these are incredibly important, if not just to give us history.

American Gymnasts today were on fire, that Gabby! What a little mover. I have to say watching Team GB in yesterdays Male Gymnasts final was much more riviting for me, first medal for Team GB in that event for 100 years.

Phelps seems a bit arrogant, I prefer Lochte.

Well at least you admit you're a cynic, not met any thus far thankfully, everyone is into it! Events like these are incredibly important, if not just to give us history.

Micheal Phelps broke the highest medal count. I feel bad, his team was criticizing him.

USA just completely demolished Tunisia in basketball. I can't see any other country stopping USA except for Spain and possibly Argentina.

Let's just skip to the Spain/USA finals rematch; no need for a tournament :P

USA just completely demolished Tunisia in basketball. I can't see any other country stopping USA except for Spain and possibly Argentina.

Let's just skip to the Spain/USA finals rematch; no need for a tournament :P

Yea, only a few teams actually have a chance against the U.S. in basketball.

Lol. I've never had any issues in admitting my faults as such! But on the other hand - I've met plenty! My father is as bad as me although he is at least watching it...and most of my colleagues honestly couldn't give a toss! Perhaps being surrounded by cynics helps to make one a cynic!

I have to admit even I got a little emotional at the 15 year old Lithuanian lass winning the gold at the 100m hissi stroke (it happened to be on in the pub!). She looked so shell shocked and completely taken aback by the entire thing I think it would have melted a heart of stone...which I probably have!

Yay! First medal for Spain!

... a new Olympic Record has been set in the pool by China's Jiao Liuyang in the women's 200m Butterfly!

Mireia Belmonte Garcia of Spain take the silver and Japan's Natsumi Hoshi the bronze.

:happydance:

She deserved it so bad!

Disappointing to see the Michael Phelps wasn't doing nearly as well as he did during the last olympics. Did y'all here about the 4 female doubles badminton teams being disqualified? :[ le sad. Also the meilutyte girl is amazing. Also, gymnastics teams ... sad how Ukraine just got their medal taken away cuz of the appeal :/ but oh well Japan rocks ... usually.