What's your Achievement today?

Raichi

Today I got a neomail from a kind neopets player who screenied one of my Flotsams that I also adopted from another lovely TDNer.

Nice! I looooove that background! ^_^

My achievement didn't technically happen today, but it was recognized today. :) The Lenny Conundrum has been the same for the past 4 weeks or so, and it's finally been cracked - I was one of only 7 who answered correctly, so the payout was huge! It took like 5 sheets of paper over the course of those four weeks for me to work out the answer. :laughingsmiley:

The only other times I've gotten it, it's only been a couple thousand neopoints awarded.

Nice! I looooove that background! ^_^

My achievement didn't technically happen today, but it was recognized today. :) The Lenny Conundrum has been the same for the past 4 weeks or so, and it's finally been cracked - I was one of only 7 who answered correctly, so the payout was huge! It took like 5 sheets of paper over the course of those four weeks for me to work out the answer. :laughingsmiley:

The only other times I've gotten it, it's only been a couple thousand neopoints awarded.

Oh wow! Serious kudos are coming your way! :O How did you eventually figure it out?

Oh wow! Serious kudos are coming your way! :O How did you eventually figure it out?

Can we discuss the answer once it's been posted? :O

I kind of have an interest in secret codes and deciphering things and stuff so that definitely helped haha. It's a type of columnar transposition cipher, but it's got extra bits of stuff in there too, with the morse code and whatnot. If I'm allowed to make a more detailed post about the answer, I definitely will. :)

Something Has Happened! htrich.gif You are now eligible to use 'HT - Rich' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Thank you discount day at the Hidden Tower :) Although I didn't realize Fyora would only sell you one item per day and of course I had to buy the cheapest first! Argh, guess I'll wait until next month to get the HT-Richer avatar. Not gonna blow an extra 300K if I don't have to!

Can we discuss the answer once it's been posted? :O

I kind of have an interest in secret codes and deciphering things and stuff so that definitely helped haha. It's a type of columnar transposition cipher, but it's got extra bits of stuff in there too, with the morse code and whatnot. If I'm allowed to make a more detailed post about the answer, I definitely will. :)

As far as I know, it's okay! No one else can get in on the prize now, so it should be fine.

Wow, that must have taken SO MUCH work, omg. .___.

As far as I know, it's okay! No one else can get in on the prize now, so it should be fine.

Wow, that must have taken SO MUCH work, omg. .___.

Okay dokey. Yeah, here goes... :laughingsmiley:

Original conundrum:

Gave up - tried assigning some values to letters/letter combinations, but never ended up submitting an answer.

Clue #1: Mysterious =

This gave the hint that it was a cipher. The letters in the puzzle are filled into columns under the word mysterious and arranged in alphabetical order. There's a thing that the Germans used in WWI called a ADFGVX cipher (but there are also ADFGX ciphers, which is what I was thinking because the puzzle had 5 letters of it - maybe they just used ABCDE instead of ADFGX) - there wasn't enough information in the conundrum to crack that, and no matter what I did I just ended up with gibberish. It also said that the message was sent via morse code, but I didn't know how that fit in, so I gave up again.

Clue #2: Assigned morse code A/B = dot/dash

YESSSS. After doing the transposition, I assigned the dots & dashes, but there was still all those C, D, E's to deal with and it still looked like gibberish.

I filled in my columns working downwards. I looked on wikipedia and found out that when there are multiple of a letter (two 's' in mysterious), you have to do those letters going across.

It actually still came out gibberish, but things that looked like they might be words started to appear. The morse code 'letters' (combinations of A & b) were broken up by the C's, a D seemed to signal the end of the word. There was something that looked like "Tyrannia" but wasn't spelled right and was broken up by an E. So I dropped the E's completely, which created a couple new/different combinations of A & B, and finally it all worked out when it was translated! Voila!

In retrospect, there's probably solvers online that could have done half the work, but it was fun to do it by hand. :)

I made it into Faerie Bubble's top 17 which means I've earned a bronze trophy :D

Okay dokey. Yeah, here goes... :laughingsmiley:

Original conundrum:

Gave up - tried assigning some values to letters/letter combinations, but never ended up submitting an answer.

Clue #1: Mysterious =

This gave the hint that it was a cipher. The letters in the puzzle are filled into columns under the word mysterious and arranged in alphabetical order. There's a thing that the Germans used in WWI called a ADFGVX cipher (but there are also ADFGX ciphers, which is what I was thinking because the puzzle had 5 letters of it - maybe they just used ABCDE instead of ADFGX) - there wasn't enough information in the conundrum to crack that, and no matter what I did I just ended up with gibberish. It also said that the message was sent via morse code, but I didn't know how that fit in, so I gave up again.

Clue #2: Assigned morse code A/B = dot/dash

YESSSS. After doing the transposition, I assigned the dots & dashes, but there was still all those C, D, E's to deal with and it still looked like gibberish.

I filled in my columns working downwards. I looked on wikipedia and found out that when there are multiple of a letter (two 's' in mysterious), you have to do those letters going across.

It actually still came out gibberish, but things that looked like they might be words started to appear. The morse code 'letters' (combinations of A & b) were broken up by the C's, a D seemed to signal the end of the word. There was something that looked like "Tyrannia" but wasn't spelled right and was broken up by an E. So I dropped the E's completely, which created a couple new/different combinations of A & B, and finally it all worked out when it was translated! Voila!

In retrospect, there's probably solvers online that could have done half the work, but it was fun to do it by hand. :)

Wow, that is SO IMPRESSIVE. You definitely earned that NP and trophy! LOL.

I got a Tyrannian PB from one of my gold KQ keys! It's the first good thing I've gotten. I about had a heart attack when I saw it. Lol

I chucked it into my SDB cause I'm not sure if I want to use it... I want to get the last two pieces of the lab map I need and then see how much NP I've got after that. Hopefully by the end of the day I can add "finished the lab map" to my list of achievements.

Edit: And I just finished the map! I managed to find the two pieces I needed in the auctions for slightly under TP price. I'm making a lab pet now and going to do my first zap! YAY!

Passiflora (and the other 6), you're amazing. I completely derped out on that LC. I tried so many different things before the final hint.

I made it into Faerie Bubble's top 17 which means I've earned a bronze trophy :D

Well done! Flash trophies are always satisfying :D

Passiflora (and the other 6), you're amazing. I completely derped out on that LC. I tried so many different things before the final hint.

Bowing to those who solved that Lenny Conundrum! It was pure evil that lasted too long.

Wow, that is SO IMPRESSIVE. You definitely earned that NP and trophy! LOL.

Jeez, thanks guys. :wub_anim: I really don't know why they dragged it out so long, and I don't know how they ever expected anyone to solve it without the last hint (or solve it at all, really. LOL)! It's definitely my favourite Neopian 'contest', though. :)