Heat Streak in the US

~Ğǿǿmy~

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope! Well, I'm not in the States at all. :B

My area has beautiful blue skies, and a gentle breeze. :) Should be lovely today! I may go sit in a park to read and get away from my computer for a while, lolol.

I'm not sure if Rhode Island is one of those states, but I've had some temps in the mid-90s last week. It should get as hot as the low-90s this weekend where I live. It should be cooling down for me next week when I checked the local forecast.

oooooh god it's so hot here (says lisa from the netherlands)... or at least... it's just 27 degrees celsius... that's not really hot...

guess nobody here's used to it because so far, this spring and summer have been TERRIBLE!

The temperature has been unusually hot here (97-100 most days for weeks now) and it's made the fires here very severe. We have 5-6 large active fires, thanks to the heat, dryness and insane winds.

I am. It's over 100 degrees. I think I went outside once to walk my dog. Geez. I think I'm going to bring the kiddie pool inside, fill it with ice cold water, and soak my feet in it.

Ugh... yes :( it's just miserable outside. It's dangerously hot outside... we can't even let the horses out during the day. I was loving summer because it had been so cool and now it's no fun. I think I might go swimming for the first time in years.

I actually really enjoy the weather.. It's hot... but it means I sweat off more pounds when I'm outside!!! <3 (If it's not obvious, I'm a girl. haha)

The temperature has been unusually hot here (97-100 most days for weeks now) and it's made the fires here very severe. We have 5-6 large active fires, thanks to the heat, dryness and insane winds.

Hopefully you are a safe distance away from them...I've been hearing about the fires on the news. Stay safe!

Hopefully you are a safe distance away from them...I've been hearing about the fires on the news. Stay safe!

I just saw where all the fires are... it's horrible. I really hope they get lots of rain soon!

Well after our horrible heat streak we got a horrible storm. Things seem good now though.

Us too! It was awful. Yesterday I spent (nearly) the whole day picking up pieces of the tree that fell in our yard. Yikes!

Oh well. At least it was still on our property and not into the house.

We had massive stretch of cites lose power last night thanks to the storm. I have several friends that are still without power, and I had to cancel the trip I had planned for today because there is no where to buy gas =/

Us too! It was awful. Yesterday I spent (nearly) the whole day picking up pieces of the tree that fell in our yard. Yikes!

Oh well. At least it was still on our property and not into the house.

Oh my. I've definitely been in that situation with trees. Luckily, my new house doesn't really have trees close to it like my last house.

We had a couple more storms yesterday and I ended up driving right through one late at night coming home from seeing Magic Mike. It was definitely not fun.

Here, we haven't had rain in weeks. It was 85 degrees inside our house yesterday and 106 and 107 outside! The grass in our front and backyard is actually browning because of the heat. I was about to cook indoors because it was so hot. I don't know how people go to the beach in heat like this!

Oh my. I've definitely been in that situation with trees. Luckily, my new house doesn't really have trees close to it like my last house.

We had a couple more storms yesterday and I ended up driving right through one late at night coming home from seeing Magic Mike. It was definitely not fun.

I'm sorry. There is nothing I hate more than driving during storms/hail/snow. Once, I drove through a blizzard that lasted for two days (It was last year I believe) because my school refuses to cancel due to inclement weather.

On the upside, I heard Magic Mike's good :)

Was there a ton of lightning around your area yesterday too?