Background activities, anyone?

Now that I know I'm going to be playing a lot of Altador Cup ( >.>), I know I shall need some things to keep me occupied while I play game after game of YYB, SS, Sosd, and Msn. Normally I just listen to music, but sometimes I also listen to comedy routines on youtube. Does anyone have something else they do while they play to keep them distracted? Any comedians to recommend me? Any awesome, fast-beat music to suggest? I'm all ears. :)

Too bad I don't have a T.V in my room or I'd spend this time watching Psych, my new obsession.

Just music for me- my iTunes on shuffle, no special AC playlist, haha. :D

Also, GO KRELUDOR. :D

Currently got NCIS playing on the TV in the background but thats the mothers choice rather than mine... I'll probably just work my way through my Buffy boxset but thats not much help if you don't have a TV in the room!

Since I have finals this week, I listen to some clips about the material. Yes, yes a boring and nerdy thing to do, but it's multi-tasking at it's peak ;)

Lol, that's awesome. Good luck on your finals!

Podcasts do the job for me, especially since a lot of them are an hour long or even longer. Also, when I need a long streak Daft Punk works really well, especially the Tron soundtrack!

Podcasts? Like radio shows? Or is it something else? And I've never listened to Daft Punk, guess I'll try it now.

Just music for me- my iTunes on shuffle, no special AC playlist, haha. :D

Also, GO KRELUDOR. :D

Yay! Another Kreludork!

Currently got NCIS playing on the TV in the background but thats the mothers choice rather than mine... I'll probably just work my way through my Buffy boxset but thats not much help if you don't have a TV in the room!

I love NCIS! They just show waaaay too many reruns for me now-a-days. And I never really got into Buffy.

I listen to culinary shows :D Iron Chef America (cause my Japanese is nowhere near the level it needs to be to understand the original), Nigel Slater and whatnot. Also comedians, some I particularly enjoy are Michael McIntyre, Russell Howard (youtube helpfully hosts most of his DVDs in one session each, so no interruption), Reginald D Hunter, Dara O'Briain, Rich Hall... I like British comedy :D

Awesome, Nimphal, I think I'll check them out. The only british comedian I've ever watched was Eddie Izzard...lol.

I listen to various songs (mostly rap, pop and pop-punk), and sometimes I listen to Z100.

It's almost impossible for me to do anything AC-related without some background music.

I generally listen to music. I prefer Nickelback and Sick Puppies. They keep me occupied enough to not get bored, but not enough to distract me. (Both are a slightly louder rock, I guess. That's what I'd call them.)

What works best for me is to watch tv shows online in another window right next to my game. I mostly just listen. I've been watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey while playing AC games all day lol. l

I normally watch tv while playing. And after I normally read a lot but can't do that during the Cup I have loads of audiobooks so that I don't have to give up on books completely just because I'm on the computer nearly all of my spare time.

I mostly listen to podcasts and audiobooks. The itunes store has an entire section of comedy podcasts, and most of them are free. After I get all caught up on my usual ones, I'll probably be testing out some new ones about comic books to see if any have come out that I actually enjoy listening to. Sometimes I'll listen to music, but it usually isn't enough to keep me from getting bored playing.

I stream PRI (Public Radio International). They have various things from world news, to music, to story telling. Yep! I'm a nerd. :-)

Hmm, can I find podcasts on youtube? If not, can someone tell me where to look? A few off you have suggested them, making me want to check it out.

Hmm, can I find podcasts on youtube? If not, can someone tell me where to look? A few off you have suggested them, making me want to check it out.

They are on iTunes, as far as I know. You can search in the iTunes store for podcasts on any number of topics (they're all free) (also, there is iTunes U, which is university lectures and stuff, also all free). Then you can subscribe to them, or just download the most current one, or whatever. :)

I love all of the Eddie Izzard stand ups as well as Donald Glover, who is Troy from Community. Mitch Hedberg is actually my favorite comedian and his stand ups are great just to listen to on itunes.

I love you guys. Like really. So many suggestions for me to check out while I get my 2 ranks a day. :) If anyone wants some comedians, I enjoy Jim gaffigan, Russel peters, Craig shoemaker, Eddie izzard and Lois C.K, just off the top of my head.

I play DVDs (mostly TV show DVDs...right now I've got on Beavis & Butthead). Sometimes I listen to music, but I do take breaks here and there to do other things.

im currently watching film and playing yyb for the whole duration of it. that's 101 minutes of yyb :D

Oh wow, that is some serious dedication. :O I applaud you.

I checked out Reginald D. Hunter and Mitch Hedberg, and they are both so amazing! Too bad Mitch passed. It made me sad to find out that yet another awesome comedian that I've found checked out early. The good ones always do. Now to check out a podcast. :) Also, I love Sick Puppies and Donald Glover. :D