Stock Market Question/Help!

ClatoEverlark

tumblr_m481d67B5O1rw8jxro1_1280.jpg

-52.94 and -68.42, will those go bankrupt? :O

If I buy 300 more stocks on my first company, will the percent change be better?

Anyone else experiencing terrible percent change in SM?

Man, SM is so mean to Neopians sometimes. HAHHAHA.

Also, asking for some tips *wink wink*

[company logos and acronyms blacked out for safety reasons :laughingsmiley: ]

My percentages at the moment are terrible at the moment as well. My lowest is -60% and my overall is -17.29% - I have a total of 177,000 put into shares currently and am coming out on a major loss! But nothing goes bankrupt - you just have to wait for them to start rising at the moment.

Also you can only buy shares in companies that are worth 15 or more at time of buying so you wouldn't be able to buy into your first two now as they are at 8.

Tips wise; buy 1000 shares at 15 and hope for the best. If you're willing to wait long enough it's nearly always a good option....you just have to be patient - very patient on occasions!

EDIT: I would put up a screenie to reassure you you're not alone, but I can never remember how to get a picture onto here - my computer skills are appalling!

Alright, pieces of advice.

Always buy when ticket is at 15NP, and take 1000 shares at time.

Then HOLD them until they rise. It's very very very rare that a stock will go bankrupt so do not worry about it.

Most people prefer to sell when they have made 200% or 300%+ profit. I personally go with 300%, so if one of my ticket hits 60+NP a share, I sell everything.

TDN's stock market guide was recently revamp, so have a look.

Hasn't there only been one stock in the x years neopets has had the stock market gone bankrupt?

Personally, I buy 1000 of one stock a day, if I can, I buy a different one every day.

The key here is patience. Your stock might go -80% but will probably rise.

Have good timing, I typically wait until my stocks are valued 50+ before I sell.

I have two stocks that are -60% and they've just been slowly decreasing every day.

I didn't know that stocks could go bankrupt though...may stay away from stocks for a bit because all of mine have been stuck in a mudslide...only one has gone up a bit, but it's still in the negative.

I have been using these charts to see what goes up and down and how far up and down and then buying accordingly.http://www.neodaq.com/charts/thumbnail.php the ones that swing from high to low regularly are the ones i go for. Sometimes i buy shares at 500 or so and wait for a day or 2 til they rise and then make 20-30k profit. At the moment higher priced shares are too high to buy and bottom end ones are too low. VPTS is the one i watch most, it swings between 450 and 600 regularly so a thousand at 450 makes a good profit. On days when there is nothing really worth investing a lot of money in i buy something low that swings less frequently like NATN and just sit on them til they go up. As Navy said, the key is patience.

I don't sell mine til they're at least worth 30, because I always buy at 15, so I end up at least doubling my money. I'm paranoid about them dropping all the time so I rarely wait any longer, but seeing as they can make it to 60, if you can stand the wait it'll definitely be worth it!

I read on the neoboards that TNT changed it that no stock would go below 6 ... so no stock can go bankrupt ...

*sigh of relief* That's good news!!!

I guess I have to wait a little longer though (:

I only had my stock market for a few weeks :rolleyes_anim:

Do you guys buy anything above 15? As for me, I do..I rarely buy something from 15 though. I'm aiming 200K NP investment and wonder how much profit I would get..? :laughingsmiley:

Thanks you so much to everyone who helped!

My percentages at the moment are terrible at the moment as well. My lowest is -60% and my overall is -17.29% - I have a total of 177,000 put into shares currently and am coming out on a major loss! But nothing goes bankrupt - you just have to wait for them to start rising at the moment.

Also you can only buy shares in companies that are worth 15 or more at time of buying so you wouldn't be able to buy into your first two now as they are at 8.

Tips wise; buy 1000 shares at 15 and hope for the best. If you're willing to wait long enough it's nearly always a good option....you just have to be patient - very patient on occasions!

EDIT: I would put up a screenie to reassure you you're not alone, but I can never remember how to get a picture onto here - my computer skills are appalling!

I don't even know how people get to obtain +300% change. Hahhaha. I guess stock market is just a matter of waiting.

As for putting an image here, you have to click that tiny picture symbol and there, you have to put the link of an image, so basically you have to upload first somewhere before you can post it here DD: I hope that makes sense 'cause I'm not good at explaining :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Bottom line is, as long as you don't sell your stocks when they're below what you've paid for, you're not losing any money. As long as a stock remains in the market, it always has the potential to go up again, you just have to wait. I'm not talking about waiting one or two days, I'm talking about months, but as long as they're in the market, you've not lost your NP. And a stock rarely (if ever, really, it's been years since it happened) goes bankrupt. It's really just a matter of waiting a really long time :P