Game Cookies Returning to NC Mall!

hrtbrk

Last week, NC Mall users noticed a new game fortune cookie in the mall; however it was removed shortly afterwards. Users who had purchased a cookie also had it removed from their inventory and many questioned if it would ever come back into the Mall.

mall_fortcookie_games.gif

Well... it is. New details about the cookie have been released.

This new game cookie will allow you to get double (triple if you're lucky) the neopoints when submitting flash game scores for 24 hours. You can open more then one cookie at a time to prolong the time limit.

But, that's not all. While these cookies cannot be used on your side accounts, they are okay to be used with any Neopets promotion - like the Featured Game or 5x's the score on the weekend (and more, according to TNT.)

What do you think of this new cookie? Will you be buying one?

I think that TNT has gone way too far with this cookie. :/ I do not approve at all, and I definitely won't be supporting it with paying for any.

Oh dear, this seems like a slippery slope TNT! Customization is one thing, but this? I personally won't be buying one. I feel like it would be so close to buying neopoints...yes you still have to play the games, but if you are a skilled gamer it wouldn't take much more time or effort with the game cookie to make tens of thousands more than someone who doesn't have a cookie. I wonder how much further TNT will go before they break their word entirely!

I'm not going to buy it because I'm perfectly content with my slow NP making. I don't think it's going too far, I mean, you're still maxed a 1,000 NP, right? Or do I misunderstand it?

I liked how they failed to mention if the people who had lost the cookie were returned it now, or for a refund? That doesn't seem very fair now, does it?

I like it's colours, but I wouldn't a regular purchasers. I DO think they're testing the players limits to see how much they will accept. I mean, first the lab ray advantage (more zaps per day, meaning more rare colour potential and stat increase), and now this one, which has made some people assured they will gain a little more NP everyday, with effort.

Would this effect how high scores have to be now to get new NP?

Nope, I don't like it either...

Not a great way to fight inflation around the site. And since it's not that expensive, it might appeal to the people who never cared about NC before. If it's wrong for people to sell Neopoints, it should be wrong for TNT to sell Neopoints.

I don't think it's going too far, I mean, you're still maxed a 1,000 NP, right? Or do I misunderstand it?

UPDATE: lilshadowdweller is right - the max is 1k

No, I don't think so. I think you'd get 2k per game (If you you reach the score that will get you 1,000 nps) otherwise there wouldn't be much of a point to the cookie lol

Meaning, some people will be able to get up to 15k, from one game, on the weekend (from Scores Galore and they get 3x scores)

*shudders at the thought*

No, I don't think so. I think you'd get 2k per game (If you you reach the score that will get you 1,000 nps) otherwise there wouldn't be much of a point to the cookie lol

Meaning, some people will be able to get up to 15k, from one game, on the weekend (from Scores Galore and they get 3x scores)

*shudders at the thought*

Ah, yes, it does sound like that is the intention of the cookie. :S

And yes, many of my guildies are excited and plan to make more NP with it.

I really thought it was stupid they had capped it at 1,000 NP anyway. -__- Now they're charging for it. I guess it's sort of exchanging it for NP, I mean, only good gamers are going to go after it - it'd be a waste if they weren't guaranteed, say, 2,000 NP.

I'm going to say what I said before - in my eyes this is buying neopoints. People are paying real money to earn twice as much as people who can't afford it. It's ridiculous and reminds me why I was so against the NC Mall in the first place :/

No.

NO.

I REFUSE to pander to this nonsense and I refuse to legitimise TNT's legal goldfarming. TNT, you are blatantly breaking your own rules and you are going to be hyperdefensive about this and start issuing warnings against players who point this out or protest against perceived cheating from other players using this add-on.

You disappoint me, TNT. You DISAPPOINT me.

yep, I will not be buying anything from the NC mall (even though I don't use NC, but If I won some from the exlipbox, or got some as a birthday gift). This is prime for abuse. I can't believe you TNT,and I can't even tell you that because you'd just warn me for "making fun on TNT". (since when was that a warn able offense? I got it when I realized the FoN had a NC component so I posted in capitals complaining about it then saying, DON"T YOU MAKE MONEY OFF PREMIUM)

If you need $ TNT, why not just make preium cost like a dollar more?? Or make NC cost more..?

I'm going to say what I said before - in my eyes this is buying neopoints. People are paying real money to earn twice as much as people who can't afford it. It's ridiculous and reminds me why I was so against the NC Mall in the first place :/

This was my thought exactly... if you're good at a game, then getting nps from it is easy. This will pretty much just allow people to buy nps. Not cool TNT, not cool.

Looks like people are more than willing to pay for the perk, as the cookies are currently sold out

How NC is purchased makes this even more sneaky. Some people won't buy NC for customization, but are willing to pay for perks like the Lab cookie (which I actually like and purchased. You get random zaps. When I used my cookie for 2 extra zaps per day for a week, I think I got 2 gender changes, a few stat increases and many, MANY stat DECREASES) and the game cookie. The lowest increment NC can be bought in is 5$. So now, TNT is guarunteed at LEAST a 5$ sale off people who would normally not buy NC at all and only bought it for the cookie worth $1.75. How many will end up buying more than 5$ (500 NC) worth? Whether it's to stockpile the cookies or because they figure if they're buying it anyway, they might as well get as much as they can from it (buying 5k NC and getting 500 free). Way to work the system, TNT.

I don't really play games anyway (even the scores galore can't usually get me to do more than play 5 games of Kass Basher), so there's no point for me to get the cookie. But for people who DO spend a ton of time playing games, I can see where this could possibly make and extra 50-100k/day for them (likely more with the 5x score thing).

It seems that it only doubles the NPs if it is under a certain score, for example if you were to receive 90np, you receive 180np, but it does not work if you made 1000np anyway (quoting from this board http://www.neopets.c...topic=151105352).

All in all, I do not see that much harm in it, as for TNT going down a slippery slope, they have been racing down on it for awhile, nothing to do about it.

It seems that it only doubles the NPs if it is under a certain score, for example if you were to receive 90np, you receive 180np, but it does not work if you made 1000np anyway (quoting from this board http://www.neopets.c...topic=151105352).

All in all, I do not see that much harm in it, as for TNT going down a slippery slope, they have been racing down on it for awhile, nothing to do about it.

LOL Seriously? It that's the case (that if you get 1k, it doesn't double to 2k) than this is a giant waste of time, NC and it disparages their name/rules for no reason.

Nevermind the terrible advertising because it sure does imply 2k instead of 1k max.

I bought it, and played Kass Basher 3 times at 1,000 np, and only got 3,000 and not 6,000. What a rip-off.

I bought it, and played Kass Basher 3 times at 1,000 np, and only got 3,000 and not 6,000. What a rip-off.

Wow, that is majorly irritating. They certainly didn't advertise it that well - guess they gotta support the cash cow.

Hopefully you only bought one. :sad01_anim:

So basically it's poorly worded bad advertising, making people think they'll cash out buying the cookie, instead of what it really does? You know, rip you off.

This is really low, even for them. <_<

Oh wow, I knew TNT were greedy but this is just ridiculous. This is virtually the same thing as just buying Neopoints from other sites, and from what I can figure this is even a bigger rip off than what a normal goldfarming site would give (I don't know though, the only knowledge I have from goldfarming sites was back in my Runescape days and I would always see those bots advertise like 5 dollars for one million gold, so I assume it would be about the same for a Neopets gold farm.) Using roughly 2 or so dollars just for the chance of getting 3 times the neopoints, and even then that's a gamble and it doesn't work if it's 1k NP? That's just utter garbage. Complete and utter garbage.

I will never feel the need to buy those, they are a big waste of money and are just encouraging TNT to do more stupid stuff like this in the future. This is seriously just a horrible rip off.

Well, I'm glad to hear that it doesn't double 1k scores, but wow, I would feel so ripped off if I had bought one!

Ridiculous, TNT. You're going to get lots of reaaaaaally angry people coming after you now for not stating the limitations of the cookie now.

(I kind of can't wait. >: D)

It is a case of If it sounds too good to be true ,It usually is!!! I always told my grandkids and others that Neopets was a good safe site and a great place to spend time that didn't have the downfalls of costing them their hard earned cash as several other game sites do.... now I am not so keen on recommending or stating that, as even the grandkids naturally want what they see as Must Haves to keep up with the Joneses

Anyone else think that we should report TNT for scamming? In all seriousness though, at least it isn't as huge of an end of Neopia advantage as it was originally thought to be. Their intentions were probably to help those really bad at games earn a little extra NP or let us earn more NP on games with bad NP ratios. It's still a disapointment that TNT had to resort to both practically selling NP and poor advertising.