Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

I've had rutu, shenkuu since day one, not for any particular reason other than it just called to me, I've been reading the whole of this thread, and feel like my head might explode ;) you guys are amazing for working all this out, I'm still sticking to rutu, shenkuu for a bit, unless there becomes a definitive reason to change... :party:

Am I completely stupid or could is also be Ricky - Shenkuu as well... assuming there were two people wanting SK like the clue partially hints at?

Selvin - Wizard - Plant Negg - Kiko Lake.

Rutu - Explorer - Glass Negg - Brightvale

Hurok - Blacksmith - Sand Negg - Lost Desert

Voughn - Knight - Cloud Negg - Altador

Ricky - Carrier - CWN - Shenkuu

I WON'T GIVE UP ON THE DREAM OF RICKY :P

Could I be missing something... isnt the wizzard picky about locations.....and who is writing the journal, also since the protector is the one which assembled

the team, ultimately, the one which found the clorkwork negg to beging with probably is the carrier....and the negg is a relic....an artefact...anyhow...

it all comes down to taking a WILD guess or "SOLVING THE PUZZLE"

DARN, I FEEL DUMB....

Don't know if anyone has picked up on this yet (sorry if they have), but I think I might've come across Entry 1 ( the one before Entry 2):

Once the team was assembled, they gathered at a secret location at the protector's behest. It was here that they were told why they'd been summoned and given the option to leave. Only one candidate opted out; he was sent on his way after downing an elixir that erased any recollection of the encounter. Those who remained then held a series of meetings to come up with a plan. Once that was settled upon, the protector's team went about gathering supplies and then making the necessary preparations to carry out their respective missions.

Found this on the Festival of Neggs page (the one where you find Neggs and check off the ones you find) but it seems there were six people. The five being the team (with one unknown occupation) and the other being the protector who gathered the team and supplies. Therefore the journal is written in the protector's perspective not any of the five from the team. It also says there was one who left (sounds suspicious).

Am I completely stupid or could is also be Ricky - Shenkuu as well... assuming there were two people wanting SK like the clue partially hints at?

Selvin - Wizard - Plant Negg - Kiko Lake.

Rutu - Explorer - Glass Negg - Brightvale

Hurok - Blacksmith - Sand Negg - Lost Desert

Voughn - Knight - Cloud Negg - Altador

Ricky - Carrier - CWN - Shenkuu

I WON'T GIVE UP ON THE DREAM OF RICKY :P

Based on the assumption that the author is a: talking in the first person,and b: part of the team,he tells us who all the other neggs are allocated to by either name or occupation, so that would leave only him to take CWN. He also refers to everybody by name except ricky, so surely ricky has to have it. I went for rutu but now i'm not convinced

Based on the assumption that the author is a: talking in the first person,and b: part of the team,he tells us who all the other neggs are allocated to by either name or occupation, so that would leave only him to take CWN. He also refers to everybody by name except ricky, so surely ricky has to have it. I went for rutu but now i'm not convinced

I totally agree. Hopefully tomorrow's clue cements it in stone.

If Rutu is really going to Shenkuu, we have the following:

NeggJourney2.png

If Rutu isn't going to Shenkuu, we have:

NeggJourney1.png

So if TNT is consistent with the entries, Selvin has the clockwork Negg and goes to Altador.

If not, Rutu has the clockwork Negg and goes to Shenkuu

If Rutu is really going to Shenkuu, we have the following:

NeggJourney2.png

If Rutu isn't going to Shenkuu, we have:

NeggJourney1.png

So if TNT is consistent with the entries, Selvin has the clockwork Negg and goes to Altador.

If not, Rutu has the clockwork Negg and goes to Shenkuu

--

Wasn't Selvin eliminated from having the CWN in the very first entry?!

If TNT isnt consistant with it entries and rutu didn't go to shenkuu as we were told how are we supposed to work it out.........Maybe it requires a bit of lateral thinking , in which case the kau took it because he has the largest pockets :laughingsmiley:

10 pieces of paper, 55 grids, 20 mis-filled, solution consistently at selvin to kiko lake.

then they come up with entry 14.

that just killed my 55th grid.

on my 57th grid, I'm left with a clockwork slot for rutu. however, when i tried to fill in the rest, there's more than one contradiction!

• because the plant went to kiko and rutu went to shenkuu, the only person who could take the plant is selvin.
  • rutu is the unknown job. he can't be the explorer nor the knight since he took the cw.
  • BUT, i have a column that colors out rutu as the unkown job since vough is the unknown job according to the last few of my 55 grids...

i suppose i'll stay with selvin and kiko until my grids convince me otherwise. D:

10 pieces of paper, 55 grids, 20 mis-filled, solution consistently at selvin to kiko lake.

then they come up with entry 14.

that just killed my 55th grid.

on my 57th grid, I'm left with a clockwork slot for rutu. however, when i tried to fill in the rest, there's more than one contradiction!

• because the plant went to kiko and rutu went to shenkuu, the only person who could take the plant is selvin.
  • rutu is the unknown job. he can't be the explorer nor the knight since he took the cw.
  • BUT, i have a column that colors out rutu as the unkown job since vough is the unknown job according to the last few of my 55 grids...

i suppose i'll stay with selvin and kiko until my grids convince me otherwise. D:

My grids are also not working.The information just doesn't work so i'm going with a diiferent kind of logic. the author doesnt mention Ricky, or the protector, so surely they are the same person. And as explorers explore and wizards wizz,protectors protect. The dificulty is WHERE. It can only be 2 differnt places. Oh my head :sad02:

Kiko Lake is totally out of the choices guys. And still, I haven't changed my previous guess: Rutu/Shenkuu.

So, UNKNOWN brought the PLANT NEGG to KIKO LAKE. I'm guessing though the one who brought the Plant Negg was Selvin. Because he chose the location himself and in the previous entries he was so picky about the locations.

Entry 14:

"When trying to decide who would transport the plant Negg, one member of the team abruptly said, "To be honest, I don't care which Negg you want me to deliver. I will say, though, that as someone with a serious sweet tooth, my destination of choice would be Kiko Lake. It's not even close—I mean, all that rock candy and taffy? Mmm!" And so, it was decided that the plant Negg would go to Kiko Lake. Unfortunately, the next morning the plant Negg's deliverer noticed that the wicker basket in which the Negg was to be transported had a huge tear along one of its lower corners. There is currently no known culprit, but it's suspected that this is the work of Meepits..."

So..hmm? Agree or no? Reply to this and let me know! :laughingsmiley:

I hope this all makes sense. Geez, I don't want to seem so dumb more than I am now.

Oh and, hey there lurkers!! :woot:

'til tomorrow, the correct answers are revealed.

ok, seems has IT has to be rutu to shenkuu, I just feel so DUMB, really, maybe ricky goes to

kiko lake and selvin to altador, but, does seem rutu to shenkuu is the most strongest possibility,

only problems is slevin never protests about neggs only locations, hmm... anyhow I dont even

have an account so cannot guess, anyways... interesting puzzle! .......theres no! way of knowing!...

ok, seems has IT has to be rutu to shenkuu, I just feel so DUMB, really, maybe ricky goes to

kiko lake and selvin to altador, but, does seem rutu to shenkuu is the most strongest possibility,

only problems is slevin never protests about neggs only locations, hmm... anyhow I dont even

have an account so cannot guess, anyways... interesting puzzle! .......theres no! way of knowing!...

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

It's funny how you don't have an actual Neopets account but has a TDN forum account :laughingsmiley:

Why don't you give Neopets a shot? And what brought you here? :woot:

Anyways, still goodluck of answering the puzzle!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. If you don't have anything to add to the original topic, please just contact the other user on their profile.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's Rutu-Shenkuu

Rutu went to Shenkuu. (5)

Out of the 5 possible neggs:

Cloud belongs to Voughn (2)

Glass went to Brightvale (8)

Sand belongs to the Blacksmith, who is NOT Rutu (11)

Plant went to Kiko Lake (14)

Only one that is not ruled out is the clockwork!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's Rutu-Shenkuu

Rutu went to Shenkuu. (5)

Out of the 5 possible neggs:

Cloud belongs to Voughn (2)

Glass went to Brightvale (8)

Sand belongs to the Blacksmith, who is NOT Rutu (11)

Plant went to Kiko Lake (14)

Only one that is not ruled out is the clockwork!

I think the main problem right now is wether Rutu actually went to Shenkuu, after all.

Apparently, there were two volunteers for Shenkuu, Rutu and the neopet with the comment about stargazing. If you choose to consider that statement as referring to Altador, very well, but there's also the fact that in entry 12, someone calls out after Rutu (thinking he is the blacksmith) to talk to him about delivering the Sand Negg, when in the entry BEFORE this, it was already decided who will carry the Clockwork Negg (entry 9).

Now, logically speaking, wouldn't that mean that neither Rutu, nor the unnamed blacksmith didn't get picked to carry the Clockwork Negg? Unless TNT throws continuity and common sense out the window...

EDIT: also, I already explained a few pages ago that, if continuity and chronological order MATTER, as they should, Rutu HAS to be a Knight or a Explorer, and both jobs have already refused to carry the Clockwork Negg.

EDIT2: Okay, well. This is stupid. I re-did the chart and indeed it appears Rutu is carrying the Clockwork Negg to Shenkuu, BUT HE IS EITHER A KNIGHT OR A EXPLORER. Now how does that work?!

why can't rutu be the unkown class?

I've already explained it a few pages back... After reading the entries, in order, we can conclude that: Selvin is the wizard; Voughn has the Cloud Negg, therefore he can't be Blacksmith; he is neither Wizard; he can't be Knight because the Knight says he doesn't want to carry the Clockwork Negg AFTER Voughn has already chosen the Cloud Negg; he can't be Explorer because of the same reasons (he's already chosen the Cloud Negg from the beggining, and so doesn't need to refuse again in entry 9), hence he is the unknown class. Hurok is not Wizard, he is not Explorer because he refuses to carry the Clockwork Negg at the same time as the Explorer does (entry 9); also, the Knight has already said in entry 5 that he doesn't want to carry the Negg, therefore WHY should Hurok be asked now, in entry 9, if he wants to transport the Clockwork Negg, only to refuse AGAIN? Logically, it should mean he is not Knight either. The 5th job is taken by Voughn, so Hurok can only be Blacksmith. Which leaves Ricky and Rutu with the classes Knight and Explorer, and it doesn't really matter which is which, because BOTH have already refused to carry the Clockwork Negg.

That's why I said Rutu can't be the 5th job/unnamed class/whatever.

HOWEVER, if we let Hurok be Knight and admit he repeats himself when saying he doesn't want to carry the Clockwork Negg in entry 9, Rutu can very well have the 5th job, carry the Clockwork Negg to Shenkuu and live happily ever after, but as far as I'm concerned, this would mean TNT did a very sloppy job and didn't care much for continuity. I'm not saying it's not possible (in fact, I'm starting to believe it's the only possible solution), but it was stupid of them and they didn't really think it through in terms of characters, dialogue, stuff like that.

Also, it could be that Rutu didn't go to Shenkuu at all. But that's rather improbable.

You know, I wasn't sure about the clue in which Rutu went to Shenkuu for the same reason everyone else is a little concerned about it. So I did my grid in pen for all the other clues, and then I put Rutu in pencil, and all the clues and logic after that. Glad I did right now XD

I don't think order of the clues particularly matters...and I don't think Rutu has to be the knight or explorer. EDIT: Just looked at what you said, adina, and the clues, but I still don't think it necessarily matters with the order. I'm going to see what happens if I do count those, though.

Now that I have that, I'm going to go erase everything and see what happens when I take out Rutu being Shenkuu...