Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

I am sad there isnt a page or way to confirm what i chose for each person..... unless there is and i am blind. My OCD wants to check things over and over :D

The only guess you need to make is who took the clockwork negg where. I was a little confused at first and kept submitting multiple pairs of names/places based on what we knew -- but there is only one final answer!

I picked Ricky who I reckon is the green Kiko as he does not have any feet to have a misstep but just a guess...He also has a watch or compass and is not carrying anything in his large hands as some of the others are but as I said JUST a guess

New entry is up!

A decision was made today as to who would be transporting the Clockwork Negg. In the end, Hurok was excused from consideration due to claims of "not liking the look of the thing." Let's just say that, if not liking the looks of someone were grounds for exclusion, then our pal Hurok would've probably been gone long ago. The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep (I for one, will be relieved once the explorer's snoring is no longer around to keep me from sleeping at night). Speaking of sleeping, it's been a long day, and tomorrow is looking like it could be even longer, so I'd best try to get some shut eye.

Hurok didn't take the negg.

Explorer added to 'occupations' - he/she also didn't take the negg.

Ricky is the only person who hasn't been mentioned - do you think can we assume because they are speaking in the first person?!

Unless the author of the journal suffers from a severe personality disorder, I think it's safe to assume that Ricky is the one writing. Or maybe the entries aren't all written by the same person and it's a collective journal? Could be, but I'm not seeing the logic here.

My first thought was that the explorer was Vaughn (the goggles and other gear on him, also quite possibly a loud snorer - he's a Kau), but then again, yesterday I'd come to the conclusion that Voughn was the one headed to Altador with the Cloud Negg, so it would make no sense for him to say that he doesn't want to transport the clockwork one since he already has one on his hands.

I don't know. I'm still sticking by the same answer I gave yesterday.

ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME SHOULD REPLY TO THIS. PLEASE. Your help is needed.

I made this but I'm still dumbfounded because I'm pretty sure I have no idea what I'm doing :sad02:

People:

Selvin (Ixi;)

Voughn (Kau; Cloud Negg; Stargazer?)

Rutu (Poogle; Shengkuu)

Ricky (Kiko; )

Hurok (Acara; not liking the look of the thing)

Wizard (Selvin)

Knight (Unknown)

Traveller (considered this as occupation) ALSO, brought the Glass Negg to Brightvale so let's cross out Brightvale on our locations.

Explorer (considered this as occupation)

Stargazer (Voughn?????????)

Places:

Altador (It has the telescope thingy there so the Stargazer might want to go there?)

Kiko Lake (Ricky? Maybe?)

Brightvale (Knights)

Lost Desert (Selvin doesn't want any Scamanders in his sight)

Shengkuu (Rutu is very fond of going here)

Clues:

Selvin doesn't like to go to The Lost Desert (fear of Scamanders) and Brightvale

Rutu us enthusiastic in going to Shenkuu

Hurok was excused from consideration due to claims of "not liking the look of the thing."

ENTRY 9:

A decision was made today as to who would be transporting the Clockwork Negg. In the end, Hurok was excused from consideration due to claims of "not liking the look of the thing." Let's just say that, if not liking the looks of someone were grounds for exclusion, then our pal Hurok would've probably been gone long ago. The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep (I for one, will be relieved once the explorer's snoring is no longer around to keep me from sleeping at night). Speaking of sleeping, it's been a long day, and tomorrow is looking like it could be even longer, so I'd best try to get some shut eye.

~~~~~~~~

I'm betting it's definitely not Hurok. Voughn already has the Cloud Negg? And who has the Glass Negg? The traveller is the one responsible for it but who is this Traveller?

And it's also not the Explorer of the team. Because according to Entry 9, "The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep".

So, it's not Hurok. It's not the traveller of the team because he is already responsible for the Glass Negg. It's also not the explorer of the team because, well, yeah.

[x] Hurok

[x] Explorer (unkown; it could be anyone except for Selvin)

[x] Traveller (unknown; could be anyone also except for Selvin)

Anyone who would like to consider the looks of the team to their occupation is free to reply to this.

MY MIND IS BURSTING. :skull:

If there are any corrections ans mistakes here please let me know! :laughingsmiley:

Who is writing the entries ?

Let's work with classes to know who's writing them:

- a male wizard (fact, entry 2),

- a male knight (fact, entry 5)

- an male explorer (fact, entry 9)

We also know that someone likes staring at the stars and the sky (maybe an astronomer) from entry 5

What is said about the wizard:

"It seems OUR wizard is not so fond of Brightvale, either." (entry 8). "Our" means "me + other members"

"[...] the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted [...] That was fine with the rest of us." (meaining "me excluded"?)

Seems to me that the wizard is the one who's writing the entries

What is said about the knight:

"[...] the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question" (entry 5). Why?

"[...] Hurok was excused from consideration due to claims of "not liking the look of the thing." "(entry 9)

So Hurok is the Knight since he was the only one agasint getting the clockwork Negg:

"Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue." (entry 5)

What is said about the explorer:

"The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep [...]" (entry 9)

So the explorer isn't getting the clockwork Negg too. And moreover:

"[...](I for one, will be relieved once the explorer's snoring is no longer around to keep me from sleeping at night)". Hence, the one writing the entries isn't the explorer and can bear the look and the sounds of the clockwork Negg.

And finally, what qualities are required to be an explorer?

"Speaking of the glass Negg's transport, it certainly seems like that would be a lot of pressure to live with—after all, one misstep or accidental drop, and smash!" (entry 8)

To me, the only one who can carry the glass Negg to Brightvale without fears is the explorer.

What is said about the "astronomer":

"Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing, since the night skies are unusually clear this time of year." (entry 5)

So it is not Rutu (who is a female), who was mentioned before. So the "astronomer" is not going to Shenkuu (lunar temple) but maybe to Altador (dome-shaped room atop the Hall of Heroes).

And moreover, the study of the phenomena in the sky is part of the astronomer's job:

"[...] Voughn, who appeared quite taken with the look of the cloud Negg,[...]"

So:

The explorer is going to Brightvale with the glass Negg (not Rutu who goes to Shenkuu, not Vaughn who carries the cloud Negg, not Selvin the Wizard and not Hurok the Knight) is Ricky

- Ricky the Explorer is not carrying the clockwork Negg (entry 9), goes to Brightvale with the glass Negg

- Vaughn the Astronomer is not carrying the clockwork Negg (entry 2), goes to Altador with the cloud Negg

- Hurok the Knight is not carrying the clockwork Negg (entries 5 - 9), goes to Lost Desert with ??? Negg

- Selvin the Wizard may carry the clockwork Negg, goes to Kiko Lake with ??? Negg

- Rutu the ??? may carry the clockwork Negg, goes to Shenkuu with ??? Negg

So to me, it's either the owner of the journal, Selvin (Kiko Lake), or Rutu (Shenkuu)

@ClatoEverlark: sweetie, that Acara doesn't have four arms, those which you encircled in yellow and called the Acara's paws are actually his hind legs. His legs. He's sitting cross-legged on a crate of some sort, and has one hand on the kiko's shoulder and one hand on a... weapon? Staff? Fishing-pole?! Anyway. Also, mind you, I don't think 'traveller' is one of the actual jobs of one member of the group, I think the word is used more like an usual noun (it doesn't mention he is 'the group's traveller', does it?).

@savamal: I don't think Ricky is the explorer because the explorer says s/he can't stand the clockwork negg because of the noise of its gears. However, the picture shows Ricky having a pocket watch. I highly doubt someone having a mechanical pocket watch, with gears of its own, would mind hearing the gears of the clockwork negg at work.

EDIT: also, I kind of think Rutu is the explorer. He's got maps. And a journal of some sort, which probably isn't the journal in which these entries are being kept. Just, you know, the usual explorer's log.

We also know that someone likes staring at the stars and the sky (maybe an astronomer) from entry 5

"It seems OUR wizard is not so fond of Brightvale, either." (entry 8). "Our" means "me + other members"

"[...] the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted [...] That was fine with the rest of us." (meaining "me excluded"?)

"[...] the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question" (entry 5). Why?

"[...] Hurok was excused from consideration due to claims of "not liking the look of the thing." "(entry 9)

So Hurok is the Knight since he was the only one agasint getting the clockwork Negg:

"Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue." (entry 5)

"The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep [...]" (entry 9)

"[...](I for one, will be relieved once the explorer's snoring is no longer around to keep me from sleeping at night)". Hence, the one writing the entries isn't the explorer and can bear the look and the sounds of the clockwork Negg.

"Speaking of the glass Negg's transport, it certainly seems like that would be a lot of pressure to live with—after all, one misstep or accidental drop, and smash!" (entry 8)

To me, the only one who can carry the glass Negg to Brightvale without fears is the explorer.

"Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing, since the night skies are unusually clear this time of year." (entry 5)

So it is not Rutu (who is a female), who was mentioned before. So the "astronomer" is not going to Shenkuu (lunar temple) but maybe to Altador (dome-shaped room atop the Hall of Heroes).

And moreover, the study of the phenomena in the sky is part of the astronomer's job:

So:

The explorer is going to Brightvale with the glass Negg (not Rutu who goes to Shenkuu, not Vaughn who carries the cloud Negg, not Selvin the Wizard and not Hurok the Knight) is Ricky

- Ricky the Explorer is not carrying the clockwork Negg (entry 9), goes to Brightvale with the glass Negg

- Vaughn the Astronomer is not carrying the clockwork Negg (entry 2), goes to Altador with the cloud Negg

- Hurok the Knight is not carrying the clockwork Negg (entries 5 - 9), goes to Lost Desert with ??? Negg

- Selvin the Wizard may carry the clockwork Negg, goes to Kiko Lake with ??? Negg

So to me, it's either the owner of the journal, Selvin (Kiko Lake), or Rutu (Shenkuu)

I'm quite positive it's Rutu. I don't know why. Maybe because he was my first bet, from the start. But it's still a guess. I'm still uncertain.

I'm voting Rutu.

Also, why are so many people so stuck on a narrator/writer? It might just be possible that there are more people writing in the journal... Just a thought though. ;)

@savamal: I don't think Ricky is the explorer because the explorer says s/he can't stand the clockwork negg because of the noise of its gears. However, the picture shows Ricky having a pocket watch. I highly doubt someone having a mechanical pocket watch, with gears of its own, would mind hearing the gears of the clockwork negg at work.

Might be a watch... but I'm leaning more towards a compass....? I might be wrong though. :)

the watch/compass made me LOL though... what is holding it up?!? he doesnt have a neck.... :P

Something interesting mentioned on the boards is that the backpack you click on to get to the journal is the same as the backpack the kiko is wearing...?

@ClatoEverlark: sweetie, that Acara doesn't have four arms, those which you encircled in yellow and called the Acara's paws are actually his hind legs. His legs. He's sitting cross-legged on a crate of some sort, and has one hand on the kiko's shoulder and one hand on a... weapon? Staff? Fishing-pole?! Anyway. Also, mind you, I don't think 'traveller' is one of the actual jobs of one member of the group, I think the word is used more like an usual noun (it doesn't mention he is 'the group's traveller', does it?).

I don't consider the pictures giving hints since I have discovered who's who... (it didn't match at all what I thought, thought the Kau was the Knight for instance)

EDIT: also, I kind of think Rutu is the explorer. He's got maps. And a journal of some sort, which probably isn't the journal in which these entries are being kept. Just, you know, the usual explorer's log.

Hmm, well yeah. Thanks! That explains it. It's quite funny how his torso is a bit short. It doesn't matter though :laughingsmiley:. Yes! Not an occupation but a noun that refers to one of the groups' member. And I should really delete that part where I was mindfreaked about Acara's paws to not confuse people. Thanks a lot!! :laughingsmiley:

@Jacky: Eh, if it's a pocket watch/compass, he doesn't really need a neck for it. I've got one and you just keep it in your pocket while sliding the other end over a piece of clothing, such as the side of a pocket, and the chain then hangs freely. I can't really explain it in English, but you can just look the image up on the web and you'll see what I mean. Interesting, though; I didn't consider a compass before. That might change things a bit...

Well, it could be the kiko's backpack... But couldn't it also be the Kau's, for example? What the main difference between their two backpacks?

@savamal: I thought I'd figured out who's who even yesterday, before they showed us who's who when you click on their names. And some didn't match. Fact is, there's no way of knowing for sure any of us is right, and while the picture might be there just to throw us off the right path, there's still the risk of it being actually important and giving hints... That, and I can't imagine that Kiko with glasses snoring loudly. XD But that's just my imagination, it doesn't really mean anything.

and @ClatoEverlark: you're welcome! :)

So like a cllip-on? hmmm, maybe... it looks like a necklace to me, but again, I might be wrong. A clip-on is very possible too.

And you are right about the backpacks too. ersonally, I dont think that the picture should be taken as very important. But I figured I'd throw in what people are talking abouut on the boards.

I'm still sticking with rutu until I find a clue that that couldn't possibly be right :)

Dang! Had to change my answer from Hurok and Lost Desert! I ended up going with Selvin and Kiko Lake this time... hopefully tomorrow's set of clues won't prove me wrong again!

Why Selvin and Kiko Lake and why not Ricky and Lost Desert, if you had previously chosen Hurok?

Why Selvin and Kiko Lake and why not Ricky and Lost Desert, if you had previously chosen Hurok?

Selvin and Kiko Lake was actually my gut choice at first, but since this is a logic puzzle I felt that Hurok and the Lost Desert was the more logical choice and went with that. Since it turned out to be false, I figured I'd go with my original first choice of Selvin and Kiko Lake. Maybe my gut is smarter than my brain this time!

Wow this really is confusing :O

I'm still trying to figure this one out

found this on sunnyneo:

• Ricky - Altador
  • Ricky - Kiko Lake
  • Ricky - Lost Desert
  • Rutu - Shenkuu
  • Selvin - Altador
  • Selvin - Kiko Lake

I think it's Rutu but that's only because he has only one option :O

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Seems like a lot of people here are trying to guess who is who, but if you try to choose the character, you can see their faces.

http://www.neopets.c...y14/logic.phtml

From left to right, we have: Rutu, Voughn, Selvin, Ricky and Hurok.

I can't say for sure who has what task, but from their looks, I'm guessing Hurok is the kight, Selvin is the wizard, Voughn is the blacksmith, Ricky is the astronomer and Rutu is the explorer.

I followed attomicaffliction's advice and made a logic puzzle. Don't know if it's 100% correct, but it was the best I could do...

tumblr_m2h7p7YdbE1r16kgvo1_500.jpg

Hopefully, this will help some of you :)

I was reading again all writings in this "plot" and I saw what Zaira said:

"Alright, now this is the part where it gets kind of sketchy, since the entries are very cryptic and can be hard to follow. It seems that the author of the journal came upon some sort of uber-powerful Negg, which had to be kept from falling into the wrong hands. The author gathered up a team, each of whom took a different Negg to one of Neopia's lands, making the original Negg harder to track."

Does this mean that the journal has only one author? Or just the fact that at the start of the journey the journal had just one?

If the first theory is right, then it is Ricky, as the journal is written at the first person and the Ricky is the only one who doesn't appear in it.

My first guess was Ricky with Lost Dessert. I hope it's well...but...I'm almost sure I'll change it tomorrow

:laughingsmiley:

this is plenty of frusterating. Im horrible at this logic stuff... and I was hoping to find a definite answer somewhere... Now, heres my question. how did sunny neo come up with two options for selvin but the grid above come up with only 1? also, could the person who did the grid above give their reasoning for every single x?

Doing some work, I've figured out that Selvin has the Clockwork Negg in either Kiko Lake or Altador... I have do a screen capture of my logic puzzle grid if anyone would like to see it.

This is my assessment, too. Here's why:

Assuming that the journal entries are in chronological order, in entry 2 it is stated that Selvin is the wizard. It is also stated that Voughn has the cloud negg. In entry 5 it is stated that the knight does not have the clockwork negg. We don't know who the knight is yet, but we'll keep it in mind.

Then in entry 9 they make the decision who will have the clockwork negg. Already Voughn and the knight have been excluded. That leaves Selvin, Horuk, Rutu and Ricky (one of whom is the knight). Entry 9 states that Horuk does not have the clockwork negg, and that "The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well". The words "as well" imply that Horuk is not the explorer. Neither can he be the knight since the knight was excluded in entry 5.

Since we know Selvin is the wizard that leaves Rutu and Ricky to be knight and explorer (we don't know which is which yet).

So we know:

Voughn does not have the clockwork negg (entry 2)

Horuk does not have the clockwork negg (entry 9)

the knight (Rutu or Ricky) does not have the clockwork negg (entry 5)

the explorer (Rutu or Ricky) does not have the clockwork negg (entry 9)

That leaves Selvin to be the one with the clockwork negg.

Now where did Selvin go? We know he didn't go to the Lost Desert or Brightvale (entries 2 and 8, respectively). And in entry 5 it is implied that Rutu went to Shenkuu, so that leaves only Kiko Lake and Altador as the places that Selvin went to.

I'm not taking into consideration any pictures, only journal entries because at Zaira's Alcove it says "it seems like the journal's entries could hold clues about the location of this supposed super Negg". It doesn't say anything about pictures.

It also says "The author gathered up a team, each of whom took a different Negg to one of Neopia's lands". The use of the word "gather" instead of "form" or "make" or some other word makes me think that the author is a 6th unkown entity and not part of the team. One usually doesn't "gather" oneself.

So there's my two cents.

P.S. This is kind of like a verbal sudoku.

i agree with Selvin taking it.

But how can Rutu be the knight when he stated in one of the entrys that he wanted to go to Shenkuu and then it says:

The knight of the group stated that being the one to take the clockwork negg was out of the question.

Since this is mentioned right after Altador and Rutu how can Rutu be the knight? Wouldn't they have just refered to him by name? I think the knight is Ricky.

Wait a mintue: It doesn't matter what Ricky and Rutu are! Neither of them can take it anyways! YAY! Elimnated two people there. Still, has to be selvin.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

So:

I think the reasoning here is sound. It's exactly what i came up with on my graph thingy and went for selvin and kiko. I'm hoping the prize is a HUGE packet of paracetamol cos this has been head-scrambling.

Just something else, Voughn can't be the Explorer, since he wouldn't need an excuse not to carry the Clockwork Negg because he was already held responsible for the Clod Negg. So the Explorer is either Rutu or Ricky, since we know that the Explorer and Hurok are different persons and Selvin is the wizard.