Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

instead, the other neopet, with his remark about stargazing, is the one who went to Shenkuu, and NOT to Altador,

i don't think this is correct. after all, in shenkuu we have a LUNAR temple - for the moon and not the stars. its only in altador that we stargaze as far as i know

Thanks for reading my mind, i was affected by the language barrier :)

:) Well, thank you for explaining in the first place, it's very logical once you think about it and yet it never crossed my mind to consider things in their chronological order. So, thank you!

Also, @Mireia: try to make a little chart, you'll see that the only possible location for Hurok the Blacksmith is Lost Desert.

ENTRY 5

Today was the day that we settled on who would be going to Shenkuu. One team member, Rutu, seemed particularly enthusiastic to be going, saying that it had been a longtime dream to visit such an exotic location. Another mentioned that now is an ideal time for stargazing, since the night skies are unusually clear this time of year. On the other hand, things got kind of awkward when the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question. Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue.

the entries as said to be cryptic, so thats a bit confusing, since, although rutu were enthusiastic, that does not meant rutu were selected as going to shenkuu, and voughn seems to be

describing an high mountains atmosphere for stargazing , which shenkuu is, and since voughn has the cloud negg, maybe ricky began mathching the neggs with the destinations,

and the knight's objection seeming awkward seems strange since maybe one of the locations were already known to be altador

could still be silven and kiko lake, though

:) Well, thank you for explaining in the first place, it's very logical once you think about it and yet it never crossed my mind to consider things in their chronological order. So, thank you!

Also, @Mireia: try to make a little chart, you'll see that the only possible location for Hurok the Blacksmith is Lost Desert.

Yes... I have to do it again, with all the info you've given, but still... :laughingsmiley:

The main problem is that I'm not a native english speaker, and the spanish translation is... funny... so I might be losing some info.

yes, but, regarding entry 5 that day was for deciding who would go to shenkuu not altador so

why would the author mention the stargazing and that the nights are usually clear this time

of year, clear as in not cloudy

thats whats cryptic and weird or maybe I just read too much due to the blacksmith getting mentioned

selvin and kiko lake do still seem an strong possibility

ENTRY 12

There was a bit of confusion this afternoon, which led to an awkward situation that, thankfully, was comically resolved

. It all began when someone called out, "Rutu!" in an attempt to get the blacksmith's

attention. When the blacksmith didn't respond, the team member who called out the name angrily walked over and asked if there was a reason why they'd been ignored. Chuckling, the blacksmith said, "Because my name's not Rutu," at which point everyone else laughed heartily.

WHY WOULD THEY ASK IF THERE WAS A REASON THEY'D BEEN IGNORED IF THEY DIDNT EXPECT

THAT BLACKSMITH TO ANSWER TO THE NAME OF RUTU

It turns out the reason the team member was calling for the blacksmith

THE TEAM MEMBER

WERE CALLING FOR THE

BLACKSMITH

SO WHY SAY RUTU

IS THE BLACKSMITH IS NOT RUTU

was to request the delivery of the sand Negg. "I don't have to take it to Altador, do I?" the blacksmith asked. "That would require sailing, and I tend to get seasick." The blacksmith was then assured that, no, the sand Negg would not need to be taken to Altador. Upon learning this news the blacksmith responded by shouting "Yeah!" and giving an enthusiastic fist-pump... which smacked directly into an overhead branch, resulting in what's likely to be a few days' delay as we wait for the blacksmith's hand to heal. Brilliant

ALSO, WHY WOULD THE AUTHOR MENTION THTE BLACKSMITH SO MANY TIMES

, MAYBE, BECAUSE OF "Because my name's not Rutu," STATEMENT OF

THE BLACKSMITH

OF COURSE, THE AUTHOR OF THE JOURNAL IS NOT THE BLACKSMITH, BECAUSE

THE ENTRY IS IN THE PRESENT FORM

'RESULTING IN WHATS LIKELY TO BE A FEW DAYS'

MEANING, IF THE AUTHOR'S HAND WERE BROKEN, THE

ENTRY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN COMPOSED IN THE FIRST PLACE

'the team member who called out the name angrily walked over '

WHY WOULD THE TEAM MEMBER GET ANGRY IF THE

BLACKSMITH IS NOT RUTU AND INGORED THE CALL

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I noticed that for some time, no one has posted about what Zaira said in the beginning when we were first introduced to this puzzle.

Alright, now this is the part where it gets kind of sketchy, since the entries are very cryptic and can be hard to follow. It seems that the author of the journal came upon some sort of uber-powerful Negg, which had to be kept from falling into the wrong hands. The author gathered up a team, each of whom took a different Negg to one of Neopia's lands, making the original Negg harder to track. Beyond that, though, I can't really say...

It kind of brought me back to the part about "the author of the journal came upon some sort of ... " Also, the author was the one who gathered the team members. So, perhaps the one who first found the negg would want to be the one who brought it to it's location. I find myself thinking that Ricky is the author.. My first guess was Ricky and Lost Desert D: I haven't changed it, more or less because I don't know who I would change it to. So that's my two cents! If I got anything wrong, please let me know :)

I honestly believe that today's entry doesn't give us any more clues except for anyone is taking Altador yet.

I'll stay with the idea of Selvin taking the Clockwork Negg since Hurok said he won't on Entry 9...

I think I'm gonna guess Selvin in Kiko Lake because like a few have stated before, every members locations are pre-determined. Since the wizard, Selvin is so picky, I have a feeling that the she continued to switch places with people.

I mean that logic has a lot of sense, but I still think that Ricky would go to his own home on Kiko Lake XD

So, Selvin, who is a Wizard, could be going to Altador as if is a great place to see the stars on this time of the year, the Wizards makes a lot of their spells according to the starts, moon, sun and planets position. They also learn about Astrology, that works with the stars...

Is just a thought!

Anyway still there's a huge possibility that Ricky could be the one who has the CW negg, I guess

I'm personally pretty torn between Ricky - Kiko Lake and Selvin - Kiko Lake, but I'm gonna leave my answer as the latter for the time being. Somehow I've convinced myself that the CWN must be going to Kiko Lake, not much will change my mind =P

The one, definitive thing I know is that either the wizard (Selvin) or the 5th unknown classification (name unknown) carried the Clockwork Negg. Everything else I've read here seems to rely a bit on speculation... but until more clues are released we're gonna have to guess a bit, I suppose.

ENTRY 12

There was a bit of confusion this afternoon, which led to an awkward situation that, thankfully, was comically resolved

. It all began when someone called out, "Rutu!" in an attempt to get the blacksmith's

attention. When the blacksmith didn't respond, the team member who called out the name angrily walked over and asked if there was a reason why they'd been ignored. Chuckling, the blacksmith said, "Because my name's not Rutu," at which point everyone else laughed heartily.

WHY WOULD THEY ASK IF THERE WAS A REASON THEY'D BEEN IGNORED IF THEY DIDNT EXPECT

THAT BLACKSMITH TO ANSWER TO THE NAME OF RUTU

It turns out the reason the team member was calling for the blacksmith

THE TEAM MEMBER

WERE CALLING FOR THE

BLACKSMITH

SO WHY SAY RUTU

IS THE BLACKSMITH IS NOT RUTU

was to request the delivery of the sand Negg. "I don't have to take it to Altador, do I?" the blacksmith asked. "That would require sailing, and I tend to get seasick." The blacksmith was then assured that, no, the sand Negg would not need to be taken to Altador. Upon learning this news the blacksmith responded by shouting "Yeah!" and giving an enthusiastic fist-pump... which smacked directly into an overhead branch, resulting in what's likely to be a few days' delay as we wait for the blacksmith's hand to heal. Brilliant

ALSO, WHY WOULD THE AUTHOR MENTION THTE BLACKSMITH SO MANY TIMES

, MAYBE, BECAUSE OF "Because my name's not Rutu," STATEMENT OF

THE BLACKSMITH

OF COURSE, THE AUTHOR OF THE JOURNAL IS NOT THE BLACKSMITH, BECAUSE

THE ENTRY IS IN THE PRESENT FORM

'RESULTING IN WHATS LIKELY TO BE A FEW DAYS'

MEANING, IF THE AUTHOR'S HAND WERE BROKEN, THE

ENTRY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN COMPOSED IN THE FIRST PLACE

'the team member who called out the name angrily walked over '

WHY WOULD THE TEAM MEMBER GET ANGRY IF THE

BLACKSMITH IS NOT RUTU AND INGORED THE CALL

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Because the blacksmith's name is not Rutu. The person calling to the blacksmith accidentally called him Rutu instead of whatever his name is. The caller thought he was being ignored, because why would the blacksmith answer someone when they weren't actually calling his name and therefore did not answer the caller. It's just TNT's way of throwing in another clue, ie, Rutu is not the blacksmith and therefore doesn't carry the sand negg.

that makes sense, also , seems the strongest possibilities are slevin or ricky going to kiko lake, well, my sister is the one into neopets, but,

I thought the puzzle is interesting. she guessed ricky at kiko lake, but, I say it could be slevin, also

BAHAHAHAHA. Okay, I just posted something stupid, and then I actually read through the clues thoroughly. Don't mind me. I'm a dork.

Anyway, I'm working through all the clues on my own, but I'm using the chart you guys have up on the guide. I'm noticing that there are some definite things that can be added. I'll make my guesses soon...but I'm not sure if I should put them here or not. I'd love to share with you guys, but with ten thousand lurkers...? What do you think?

All right, it appears I have come to the same conclusions as everyone else. According to my findings, it can ONLY be Selvin or Rutu. Both of them have only two options: clockwork, or mystery bizarro negg. If anyone else had it, then one of them would be out a negg.

So there are only two people it could be...and only three possible total combinations.

** I am in NO WAY saying this is right, just an alternate theory **

This is an alternate theory based off of the assumption of THREE things: 1) The source code 2) Selvin is outed as a decoy 3) Ricky is the author of the journal.

Before the event even started, people looked into the source code and saw the names, species and locations. When the images of the species correlated to the names were released- they matched up - and now we can have the locations match up, too. Let's take a look.

*Please keep in mind that in this theory their locations are pre-determined based off of the source code. I'm simply giving my own personal thinking as to why it is plausible that it works. For the record, my current personal guess is Selvin - KL

Horuk - Lost Desert - Sand Negg - Blacksmith

Why: His location would make sense if he was the blacksmith carrying the sand negg.

Selvin - Shenkuu - Unknown Negg - Wizard

Why: In Entry 2, it alludes that there will be four decoys, 'for instance the wizard'.

+ Two people wished to go to Shenkuu.

+ We also know that the Wizard won't go to Lost Desert or Brightvale.

Rutu- Brightvale - Glass Negg - Knight or Explorer

Why: Got snubbed going to Shenkuu and that's why they asked "Rutu" in Entry 12 to take the sand negg.

+ Entry 8 it seems like they are asking Rutu and mystery person fighting for Shenkuu if they want to go to Brightvale, giving the other person Shenkuu... which Selvin says no to Brightvale.

+ This is a bit of stretch but it was also revealed that the Knight is a bit of a coward... maybe he backed down to Selvin and took the glass negg to avoid further confrontation.

Voughn- Altador - Cloud Negg - Knight or Explorer

Why: We know for a fact that Voughn has the cloud negg.

+ In entry 9 it was decided on who would take the clockwork negg and where. Someone is asking a person to take a remaining negg to Altador, which that person declines, meaning Altador is left open.

+ Again a bit of a stretch but faux Rutu feared the waters... an Explorer would love to go to Altador!

Ricky- Kiko Lake - Clockwork Negg - Protector

Why: He isn't mentioned by name in the journals (thus far) and someone is speaking in first person.

Again, this is a wild theory based off of 3 totally different things... and there could be some errors, please comment what you think!

People also guessed this as a possibility before the entries were even released - there could be some truth to that.

I have the solution for sure...

Name......Occupation.........................Location.....................Carrying

Barkie....Problem solving dummy..... pschyiatric ward.......panadol negg

Hey, I just thought of something. Since neither Hurok nor the knight have the Clockwork Negg, could Hurok actually be the knight? It makes sense to me, but I could be wrong.

Never mind, I feel silly now. Just ignore my last post lol.

I think the clue that everyone is missing, that keeps you from figuring out the grid, is from the first day, Entry 2, which said...

"

One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations.

For instance, the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted on not going to the Lost Desert—something about a fear of Scamanders, apparently. "

So, this clearly suggests that the wizard did NOT take the Clockwork Negg. When you put that into your grid, you get enough information to figure out that Rutu took the Clockwork Negg to Shenkuu. You don't have to complete the whole grid, you only need enough information to figure out where the Clockwork Negg went, and they have obviously given us enough information to figure that out, they are just eeking out further details to fill in the rest of the grid for those that miss the clues. People say no one has put down the answer yet, I have several times. I believe I am correct, and wanted to share that with everyone else FYI. :-) Good Luck, have fun!

New article is up!

Entry 14

When trying to decide who would transport the plant Negg, one member of the team abruptly said, "To be honest, I don't care which Negg you want me to deliver. I will say, though, that as someone with a serious sweet tooth, my destination of choice would be Kiko Lake. It's not even close—I mean, all that rock candy and taffy? Mmm!" And so, it was decided that the plant Negg would go to Kiko Lake. Unfortunately, the next morning the plant Negg's deliverer noticed that the wicker basket in which the Negg was to be transported had a huge tear along one of its lower corners. There is currently no known culprit, but it's suspected that this is the work of Meepits...

And now enters the Plant Negg going to Kiko Lake. I'm guessing a lot of peoples answers will be changing today!