Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

The blacksmith today didn't want to go to Altador with the SAND negg as he didn't like sailing...Wouldn't Kiko Lake also be classed as a sailing location??

But he didn't have to go to Altador and sail because the Sand Negg wasn't meant for Altador. My bet was the Lost Desert because you know...SAND Negg. I hope that makes sense :laughingsmiley:

I have no idea on how i came up with this, but let's go (it's 9h30 AM here and i didn't sleep yet!)

HUROK is the BLACKSMITH and carries the SAND negg to the LOST DESERT;

RUTU is the KNIGHT and carries the UNNAMED negg to SHENKUU;

RICKY is the EXPLORER and carries the GLASS negg to BRIGHTVALE;

VOUGHN is the UNKNOWN and carries the CLOUD negg to SOMEWHERE;

SELVIN is the WIZARD and carries the CLOCKWORK negg to SOMEWHERE;

SOMEWHERE being either Kiko Lake or Altador. If you want my guess, it's Altador.

THE LOGIC:

HUROK is not the KNIGHT; EXPLORER nor WIZARD;

therefore, HUROK is BLACKSMITH or UNKNOWN;

VOUGHN is not KNIGHT or EXPLORER, neither WIZARD;

BLACKSMITH has the SAND negg.

VOUGHN is not the BLACKSMITH;

VOUGHN is the UNKNOWN;

HUROK is the BLACKSMITH

VOUGHN is carrying the CLOUD negg to LD; ALTADOR or KL;

HUROK, the BLACKSMITH carries the SAND negg to LD or KL;

RICKY and RUTU are KNIGHT/EXPLORER;

RICKY and RUTU won't ever carry the CLOCKWORK negg (since both classes refused to);

SELVIN carries the CLOCKWORK negg.

ScreenShot2012-04-15at094224.png

But the traveller is the one responsible for the Glass Negg. Says so on Entry 8. But I think that doesn't matter, does it? :/

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Then, the clockwork should go to Shenkuu, because is where they have some sort of "steampunk" machines.

Well, if we're going to use that logic...

that the Glass Negg went to Brightvale

so the Sand Negg goes to the Lost Desert...

We also have the Cloud Negg which I think could go to either Altador or Shenkuu

AND we have an unknown Negg still...

we can't really say definitively just based on the kind of negg where the CWN went. Especially since the CWN is supposed to be a super powerful negg I don't think it would fit the location....

We still need to know what the unknown Negg is. Or deduce from all the facts we know. I'm still thinking it through. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I still haven't changed my guess: Rutu/Shenkuu, for some reason..

Still waiting for tomorrow's entry. Because I'm positive that there are still a lot of missing clues.

But here's what I have so far..

Selvin is the wizard.

Selvin isn't willing to go to the Lost Desert (fear of Scamanders)

Selvin would go elsewhere. (Altador, Kiko Lake, Shenkuu)

Selvin isn't going to Brightvale either.

Voughn has the Cloud Negg, unkown destination.

Rutu is enthusiastic going to Shenkuu (uncertain if he already went there, though).

The Knight of the group isn't going to take the Clockwork Negg (Knight unknown).

The Traveller took the Glass Negg to Brightvale.

Hurok doesn't want to take the Clockwork Negg (could he be the Knight?).

Explorer doesn't want the Clockwork Negg either (explorer unknown)

Hurok isn't the Explorer.

Blacksmith isn't Rutu.

Blacksmith takes the Sand Negg, unknown destination (but, I'm assuming the Blacksmith took it to the Lost Desert)

The Sand Negg is not taken to Altador.

Corrections? Let me know! :laughingsmiley:

This might sound quite far-fetched, but I suddenly had this feeling that it must be Kiko Lake.

From my what i recall (which may not bee too much), my impression is that TNT will create an event whenever they want to add a new location, or upgrade an existing location. Altador, Lost Desert, Shenkuu and Brightvale are relatively newer/recently upgraded locations. Perhaps it's time to 'upgrade' Kiko Lake?

This is a really good point. My original guess was Hurok in LD, which I then changed to Ricky... Now I'm think LD needs a'changing. Think I'm going to wait for more clues though, I'm very confused XD

So I went and did all versions of the spreadsheet that I could with the information we now have; in the end, it's true that the only real choices are Selvin - Kiko Lake, Selvin - Altador or Rutu - Shenkuu. Here are all the versions that I could figure out, if I've left any out, do be kind enough to let me know, please.

Hurok - Brightvale - Glass negg - Knight

Selvin - Kiko Lake - Clockwork negg - Wizard

Rutu - Shenkuu - 5th negg - Explorer

Voughn - Altador - Cloud negg - 5th job

Ricky - Lost Desert - Sand negg - Blacksmith

with a slightly different version:

Hurok - Lost Desert - Sand negg - Blacksmith

Selvin - Kiko Lake - Clockwork negg - Wizard

Rutu - Shenkuu - 5th negg - Knight OR Explorer

Voughn - Altador - Cloud negg - 5th job

Ricky - Brightvale - Glass negg - Explorer OR Knight

Selvin - Altador - Clockwork negg - Wizard

Rutu - Shenkuu - 5th negg - Knight OR Explorer OR 5th job

Voughn - Kiko Lake - Cloud negg - Explorer OR Knight OR 5th job

Ricky - Brightvale - Glass negg - 5th job OR Explorer OR Knight

Selvin - Kiko Lake - 5th negg - Wizard

Rutu - Shenkuu - Clockwork negg - 5th job

Voughn - Altador - Cloud negg - Knight OR Explorer

Ricky - Brightvale - Glass negg - Explorer OR Knight

with version:

Selvin - Altador - 5th negg - Wizard

Voughn - Kiko Lake - Cloud negg - Explorer OR Knight

Ricky - Brightvale - Glass negg - Knight OR Explorer

4. (slight version of 3)

Hurok - Brightvale - Glass negg - Knight

Selvin - Altador OR Kiko Lake - 5th negg - Wizard

Voughn - Lost Desert OR Kiko Lake OR Altador - Cloud negg - Explorer

Ricky - Kiko Lake OR Lost Desert OR Altador - Sand negg - Blacksmith

Aaand, that is all, I think. It's mostly a lucky guess, now, though if you find any reason why one of the above wouldn't work, I'd love to hear it. Anyway, I for one am not going to get a good prize, seeing as my original answer was Ricky - Lost Desert and I haven't changed it till now. *sigh*

Well, if we're going to use that logic...

that the Glass Negg went to Brightvale

so the Sand Negg goes to the Lost Desert...

We also have the Cloud Negg which I think could go to either Altador or Shenkuu

AND we have an unknown Negg still...

we can't really say definitively just based on the kind of negg where the CWN went. Especially since the CWN is supposed to be a super powerful negg I don't think it would fit the location....

We still need to know what the unknown Negg is. Or deduce from all the facts we know. I'm still thinking it through. I'll let you know what I come up with.

You got a point there, I think the following the logic, the cloud negg should go to Shenkuu, and the next negg could be a water negg going to Kiko lake?

I see people didn't get convinced by my statement that it is impossible for RUTU to carry the CLOCKWORK negg :/

I'd be very eager to believe you if you had something to back up your statement. Mind explaining, please?

Also, for Saxen, since I remember the two of us were convinced that it's either Ricky or Hurok in Lost Desert: if you complete your spreadsheet with the information now available, you'll see that, if you want to make Ricky carry the clockwork negg, Voughn would end up as the Blacksmith, hence meaning that he would carry the sand negg, when we know that Voughn intends to carry the cloud negg. And Hurok said in yesterday's entry that he doesn't want to carry the clockwork negg.

I'd be very eager to believe you if you had something to back up your statement. Mind explaining, please?

Also, for Saxen, since I remember the two of us were convinced that it's either Ricky or Hurok in Lost Desert: if you complete your spreadsheet with the information now available, you'll see that, if you want to make Ricky carry the clockwork negg, Voughn would end up as the Blacksmith, hence meaning that he would carry the sand negg, when we know that Voughn intends to carry the cloud negg. And Hurok said in yesterday's entry that he doesn't want to carry the clockwork negg.

THE LOGIC:

HUROK is not the KNIGHT (double refuse); EXPLORER (double refuse) nor WIZARD (selvin);

VOUGHN is not KNIGHT (double refuse) or EXPLORER (double refuse), neither WIZARD (selvin);

VOUGHN is not the BLACKSMITH (because he has the cloud negg);

VOUGHN is the UNKNOWN;

HUROK is the BLACKSMITH;

SELVIN is the WIZARD;

Then...

RICKY and RUTU won't ever carry the CLOCKWORK negg (since both classes refused to);

THE LOGIC:

HUROK is not the KNIGHT (double refuse); EXPLORER (double refuse) nor WIZARD (selvin);

VOUGHN is not KNIGHT (double refuse) or EXPLORER (double refuse), neither WIZARD (selvin);

VOUGHN is not the BLACKSMITH (because he has the cloud negg);

VOUGHN is the UNKNOWN;

HUROK is the BLACKSMITH;

SELVIN is the WIZARD;

Then...

This might sound silly, but what do you mean by 'double refuse'?

This might sound silly, but what do you mean by 'double refuse'?

Whenever the CW negg is somehow negated chronologically.

For example,

VOUGHN picks the CLOUD EGG at ENTRY 2.

the KNIGHT refused the CW NEGG at ENTRY 5. (we know its not voughn because he already picked a negg and wouldn't need to refuse)

HUROK refused the CW NEGG at ENTRY 9. (IF hurok was the knight, which he's not, this would be a double refusal)

the EXPLORER refused the CW NEGG at ENTRY 9 (so we know it's someone else but hurok, but not voughn for the same reason of the knight class)

Whenever the CW negg is somehow negated chronologically.

For example,

VOUGHN picks the CLOUD EGG at ENTRY 2.

the KNIGHT refused the CW NEGG at ENTRY 5. (we know its not voughn because he already picked a negg and wouldn't need to refuse)

HUROK refused the CW NEGG at ENTRY 9. (IF hurok was the knight, which he's not, this would be a double refusal)

the EXPLORER refused the CW NEGG at ENTRY 9 (so we know it's someone else but hurok, but not voughn for the same reason of the knight class)

Oh, I see, and it does make things a lot easier, thinking about their choices chronologically, but I still don't understand why Hurok can't be the knight, even if it does mean he would refuse the clockwork negg twice - wouldn't that just strengthen his refusal? Other than that, I agree that your logic is quick and objective. Still can't say for sure if it's Kiko Lake or Altador, though.

EDIT: I mean, it makes sense that Voughn isn't the knight since he PREVIOUSLY stated that he'd take other negg and so there's no need for him to state that he doesn't want the clockwork negg AGAIN. However, if the knight says on entry 5 that he refuses to take the clockwork negg, does that automatically out-rule Hurok as the knight when he says that he doesn't like how the negg looks?

As far as I know, Hurok might be the blacksmith or the unknown class. But I don't understand why Ricky and Rutu can only be Knight or explorer.

with the information we have, Rutu can be, Knight, explorer and unkown class, and Ricky anything but wizard...

Due to the latest entry and the confusion I decided to be wild! newly registered ,`wild take on the matter

tnt does saythat the journal holds the clues to the LOCATION of the clockwork negg and that such went to great lengths to conceal the artifact's

APPEARANCE

ricky wears an compass which is about distance and direction, not time though

Rutu <~Blacksmith

The author would not be able to write with an broken hand

Also, comically resolved the blacksmith chuckled and maybe because the class title of Rutu

Also Rutu did mention seasickness because maybe since Rutu were particularly enthusiastic about Shenkuu, but, the could negg

Ricky probably reasoned, should go to Shenkuu Rutu were disappointed

The journal only holds clues to the location of the negg

Also, what's the base place, the traveller went to Brightvale with the glass negg

Selvin <~Wizzard

Rutu <~Blacksmith

Hurok <~Knight

Voughn <~Explorer

Ricky <~Protector

Ricky probably began leading the team into that the neggs should match something of the destination

Selvin the wizzard seems picky and cowardly. Perhaps only Kiko Lake would do for such a transporter

What if the base place is near the secret meetings. Kiko Lake

Sand Negg goes to Lost Desert because that does not require sailing

Altador is of noble purpose and such a place may best protect the Clockwork Negg

Ricky at Altador

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please watch the formatting of your posts and please don't type in all caps, as these make posts difficult for others to read.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

As far as I know, Hurok might be the blacksmith or the unknown class. But I don't understand why Ricky and Rutu can only be Knight or explorer.

with the information we have, Rutu can be, Knight, explorer and unkown class, and Ricky anything but wizard...

@Mireia: Not really, supersilentt's idea is to take it chronologically;

basically, after the first entry (entry 2), we know that Selvin is the Wizard. We also know that Voughn opts for the Cloud Negg.

After entry 5, we know that Rutu wants to go to Shenkuu. We find out that the Knight doesn't want to transport the Clockwork Negg, so it couldn't possibly be Voughn because he has already made his choice (the Cloud Negg), ergo he doesn't have any reason to be taken into consideration for the Clockwork Negg.

After entry 8, we find out that someone carries the Glass Negg to Brightvale, job unspecified for now, but we know it's not the Wizard, who doesn't want to go to Brightvale, nor to Lost Desert.

After entry 9, Hurok refuses to transport the Clockwork Negg - this is the only part where I'm not exactly sure of supersilentt's reasoning; as far as I understand, he says that the fact that the Knight refused to carry the Clockwork Negg back in entry 2 automatically means that Hurok isn't the Knight, since he is being asked by the group yet again if he wants to transport the Clockwork Negg. Which he doesn't. Neither wants the explorer. So, Hurok is not the explorer. Voughn isn't the explorer either because he's already chosen the Cloud Negg back in entry 2.

After entry 12, we learn that Rutu is not the Blacksmith. The Blacksmith has to transport the Sand Negg; doesn't want to go to Altador on account that he gets sea-sick.

Conclusion: Selvin is the Wizard. Voughn has the Cloud Negg, therefore he isn't Blacksmith; he is not the Knight or the Explorer because he chose the Cloud Negg right from the start, which puts him out of the whole 'who-will-carry-the-clockwork-negg' discussion. Because the Wizard job is already taken (Selvin), it can only mean that Voughn is the 5th, unnamed job (I'm betting on Astronomer, but, meh). Hurok refuses to transport the Clockwork Negg after the discussion about how the Knight doesn't want to (which means he isn't the Knight, else he would be repeating himself) and at the same time as the Explorer refuses to because he can't stand the sound, which means Hurok is neither the Explorer, nor the Knight. Since Wizard and 5th job are taken, it means Hurok is the Blacksmith and has the Sand Negg. Rutu and Ricky are left as the Explorer and the Knight, but it doesn't matter who's who, because both jobs refuse to transport the Clockwork Negg. In short, Selvin has the Clockwork Negg.

Consulting my spreadsheet versions, it adds up nicely, but I'm STILL left with the question: Altador or Kiko Lake? Because these two locations apparently can be taken by either Selvin or Voughn. I should think that if the Astronomer-theory is true, Selvin has to carry the Clockwork Negg to Kiko Lake, but I can't be sure.

Sorry for the long post!

'with the hope that one with the faculties to discern its whereabouts would, additionally, be noble of purpose'

that would seem to suggest an altadorian theme description , also, 'A decision was made today as to who would be transporting the Clockwork Negg'

that suggests the clockwork negg is to be transported, meaning travel might be required,

Once the team was assembled, they gathered at a secret location at the protector's behest.

where is the protector from, maybe, kiko lake since ricky is a kiko

MY OWN WILD ENTRY!

I tend to be more conservative on this logic puzzles.

I agree that Hurok isn't the knight or the explorer as he was first to say no to the CW negg. I understand that it is chronollogic, but I won't be so fast jumping to conclusions. But i'll take a look, i think you got some good points there.

@Mireia: Not really, supersilentt's idea is to take it chronologically;

basically, after the first entry (entry 2), we know that Selvin is the Wizard. We also know that Voughn opts for the Cloud Negg.

After entry 5, we know that Rutu wants to go to Shenkuu. We find out that the Knight doesn't want to transport the Clockwork Negg, so it couldn't possibly be Voughn because he has already made his choice (the Cloud Negg), ergo he doesn't have any reason to be taken into consideration for the Clockwork Negg.

After entry 8, we find out that someone carries the Glass Negg to Brightvale, job unspecified for now, but we know it's not the Wizard, who doesn't want to go to Brightvale, nor to Lost Desert.

After entry 9, Hurok refuses to transport the Clockwork Negg - this is the only part where I'm not exactly sure of supersilentt's reasoning; as far as I understand, he says that the fact that the Knight refused to carry the Clockwork Negg back in entry 2 automatically means that Hurok isn't the Knight, since he is being asked by the group yet again if he wants to transport the Clockwork Negg. Which he doesn't. Neither wants the explorer. So, Hurok is not the explorer. Voughn isn't the explorer either because he's already chosen the Cloud Negg back in entry 2.

After entry 12, we learn that Rutu is not the Blacksmith. The Blacksmith has to transport the Sand Negg; doesn't want to go to Altador on account that he gets sea-sick.

Conclusion: Selvin is the Wizard. Voughn has the Cloud Negg, therefore he isn't Blacksmith; he is not the Knight or the Explorer because he chose the Cloud Negg right from the start, which puts him out of the whole 'who-will-carry-the-clockwork-negg' discussion. Because the Wizard job is already taken (Selvin), it can only mean that Voughn is the 5th, unnamed job (I'm betting on Astronomer, but, meh). Hurok refuses to transport the Clockwork Negg after the discussion about how the Knight doesn't want to (which means he isn't the Knight, else he would be repeating himself) and at the same time as the Explorer refuses to because he can't stand the sound, which means Hurok is neither the Explorer, nor the Knight. Since Wizard and 5th job are taken, it means Hurok is the Blacksmith and has the Sand Negg. Rutu and Ricky are left as the Explorer and the Knight, but it doesn't matter who's who, because both jobs refuse to transport the Clockwork Negg. In short, Selvin has the Clockwork Negg.

Consulting my spreadsheet versions, it adds up nicely, but I'm STILL left with the question: Altador or Kiko Lake? Because these two locations apparently can be taken by either Selvin or Voughn. I should think that if the Astronomer-theory is true, Selvin has to carry the Clockwork Negg to Kiko Lake, but I can't be sure.

Sorry for the long post!

Thanks for reading my mind, i was affected by the language barrier :)

yes,but a lake is not a sea also, regarding the point in the wizzard, well, it is

a puzzle none objected to transporting the clockwork negg only locations

seems to cause an problem, so the wizzard is open to transporting the

clockwork negg, but, then who is the protector, since all agreed to gather

at the secret place at the protector's behest

the protector seems to possess leadership ability

whether or not the entries describe the wizzard

as possessing such traits is questionable

since the author pondered

about why the wizzard

did not like brightvale , either

it is a puzzle after all