Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

Selvin is the wizard and doesn't have the clockwork negg because if you read entry two it says,"One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations. FOR INSTANCE, the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted on not going to the Lost Desert". For instance hints that selvin was an example of one of the decoys. It can't be Vaughn, he took the cloud negg. Since Ricky has the compass, he is the aforementioned explorer who doesn't have the clockwork negg either. They mentioned the knight being the only one of the group that detested the clockwork negg and opted out of carrying it. It ended the entry with "Nobody else had an issue with doing it though, so it didn't become an issue." and since Hurok was the only name given to the member that didnt want to carry the clockwork negg, that makes him the knight, leaving Rutu with the clockwork negg heading to Shenkuu.

I think everyone is reading way to much into that one sentince in entry two

Here's my chart since I have no idea how to put it up here:

Person-Job-Negg-Place

Voughn- ?- Cloud - AT/LD/KL

Rutu- explorer- ?- Shenkuu (will not take the CW)

Ricky/Hurok - Knight - ?- LD/AT/KK (will not take th CW)

Ricky/Hurok - Travler - Glass - Brightvale

Selvin - wizard- ?- KL/AL

By my logic, the only one who can take the CW is Selvin to either Kiko Lake or to Altador.

The Knight job was mentioned after Rutu said he wanted to go to Shenkuu, meaing that Rutu is not the knight. So if Rutu isn't the knight, it leaves only Ricky/Hurok to be the knight. It can't be Voughn since he had already decided on taking the Cloud negg when that job was introduced.

The travler went to brightvale, so it couldn't be Rutu because he went to Shenkuu. So it's either Ricky/Hurok who took the glass negg.

Which leaves Rutu as the explorer who does not have the CW. Voughn is not the explorer becaue he already had the cloud negg, why would he have to say that he refused the CW?

Plus, the pictures have abosultey nothing to do with the puzzle. Selvin is not dressed like a wizard in them, making the pictures ireelivant and a "red hearing" for those who keep trying to use them.

This is my assessment, too. Here's why:

Assuming that the journal entries are in chronological order, in entry 2 it is stated that Selvin is the wizard. It is also stated that Voughn has the cloud negg. In entry 5 it is stated that the knight does not have the clockwork negg. We don't know who the knight is yet, but we'll keep it in mind.

Then in entry 9 they make the decision who will have the clockwork negg. Already Voughn and the knight have been excluded. That leaves Selvin, Horuk, Rutu and Ricky (one of whom is the knight). Entry 9 states that Horuk does not have the clockwork negg, and that "The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well". The words "as well" imply that Horuk is not the explorer. Neither can he be the knight since the knight was excluded in entry 5.

Since we know Selvin is the wizard that leaves Rutu and Ricky to be knight and explorer (we don't know which is which yet).

So we know:

Voughn does not have the clockwork negg (entry 2)

Horuk does not have the clockwork negg (entry 9)

the knight (Rutu or Ricky) does not have the clockwork negg (entry 5)

the explorer (Rutu or Ricky) does not have the clockwork negg (entry 9)

That leaves Selvin to be the one with the clockwork negg.

Now where did Selvin go? We know he didn't go to the Lost Desert or Brightvale (entries 2 and 8, respectively). And in entry 5 it is implied that Rutu went to Shenkuu, so that leaves only Kiko Lake and Altador as the places that Selvin went to.

I'm not taking into consideration any pictures, only journal entries because at Zaira's Alcove it says "it seems like the journal's entries could hold clues about the location of this supposed super Negg". It doesn't say anything about pictures.

It also says "The author gathered up a team, each of whom took a different Negg to one of Neopia's lands". The use of the word "gather" instead of "form" or "make" or some other word makes me think that the author is a 6th unkown entity and not part of the team. One usually doesn't "gather" oneself.

So there's my two cents.

P.S. This is kind of like a verbal sudoku.

This is my assessment, too. Here's why:

Assuming that the journal entries are in chronological order, in entry 2 it is stated that Selvin is the wizard. It is also stated that Voughn has the cloud negg. In entry 5 it is stated that the knight does not have the clockwork negg. We don't know who the knight is yet, but we'll keep it in mind.

Then in entry 9 they make the decision who will have the clockwork negg. Already Voughn and the knight have been excluded. That leaves Selvin, Horuk, Rutu and Ricky (one of whom is the knight). Entry 9 states that Horuk does not have the clockwork negg, and that "The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well". The words "as well" imply that Horuk is not the explorer. Neither can he be the knight since the knight was excluded in entry 5.

Since we know Selvin is the wizard that leaves Rutu and Ricky to be knight and explorer (we don't know which is which yet).

So we know:

Voughn does not have the clockwork negg (entry 2)

Horuk does not have the clockwork negg (entry 9)

the knight (Rutu or Ricky) does not have the clockwork negg (entry 5)

the explorer (Rutu or Ricky) does not have the clockwork negg (entry 9)

That leaves Selvin to be the one with the clockwork negg.

Now where did Selvin go? We know he didn't go to the Lost Desert or Brightvale (entries 2 and 8, respectively). And in entry 5 it is implied that Rutu went to Shenkuu, so that leaves only Kiko Lake and Altador as the places that Selvin went to.

I'm not taking into consideration any pictures, only journal entries because at Zaira's Alcove it says "it seems like the journal's entries could hold clues about the location of this supposed super Negg". It doesn't say anything about pictures.

It also says "The author gathered up a team, each of whom took a different Negg to one of Neopia's lands". The use of the word "gather" instead of "form" or "make" or some other word makes me think that the author is a 6th unkown entity and not part of the team. One usually doesn't "gather" oneself.

So there's my two cents.

P.S. This is kind of like a verbal sudoku.

i think selvin could'nt be the one with the clock work negg cause' the one who i think is holding the clock work negg is the explorer stated in Entry 9 : "The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep" Selvin is not the explorer.. stated on entry 2 :"For instance, the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted on not going to the Lost Desert"

Hope this helps :laughingsmiley:

i think selvin could'nt be the one with the clock work negg cause' the one who i think is holding the clock work negg is the explorer stated in Entry 9 : "The group's explorer has been ruled out, as well; among the many reasons the explorer gave was that the whirring of the Negg's gears made it difficult to sleep" Selvin is not the explorer.. stated on entry 2 :"For instance, the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted on not going to the Lost Desert"

When it says he/she's been "ruled out" it means they won't be taking it. It can't be the explorer.

I picked Rutu - shenkuu as that was the ony option left... selvin - wizard / Hurok - doesn't have the clockwork negg/ ricky the writer (i think)/ voghn- stargazer/

I picked Rutu - shenkuu as that was the ony option left... selvin - wizard / Hurok - doesn't have the clockwork negg/ ricky the writer (i think)/ voghn- stargazer/

Don't forget, though (and this isn't to throw anyone off, this is just a reminder) --- just because someone said they wouldn't take it, doesn't mean they don't. They haven't revealed all the clues yet; situations may change. Besides, from what I (and many others) gather, it could also be Selvin. I believe he went to Kiko Lake, which seems logical not because he's a wizard, but rather because scamanders are lizards that are suited for the desert, not a watery, foresty area. Does that make sense? (Also, sorry, but could you explain your view better?)

The translation to portuguese, my natural language, has spelling errors, i remember some conundrum in which the solution was in the spelling mistakes, is there anything in the original, english, text?

I haven't found anything interesting, except for some nouns. Sorta like Clockwork Negg vs clockwork Negg (Entry 2 and Entry 5)

However, here's something interesting: the entry numbers. I put them with the alphabet, and got squat. So instead of A-Z, I went Z-A, and got Y, V, S, R. We already know what V, and S could go to. R and Y are currently unknown. But this is complete speculation.

Some certains:

ENTRY 2

SELVIN is the WIZARD;

SELVIN is NOT going to LOST DESERT;

VOUGHN is carrying the CLOUD negg;

VOUGHN is NOT carrying the CLOCKWORK negg.

ENTRY 5

RUTU is going to SHENKUU;

the KNIGHT is NOT carrying the CLOCKWORK negg;

VOUGHN is NOT the KNIGHT;

ENTRY 8

SELVIN is NOT going to BRIGHTVALE;

the carrier of the GLASS negg is going to BRIGHTVALE;

SELVIN is NOT carrying the GLASS negg;

VOUGHN is NOT carrying the GLASS negg;

RUTU is NOT carrying the GLASS negg;

ENTRY 9

HUROK is NOT carrying the CLOCKWORK negg;

HUROK is NOT the KNIGHT;

the EXPLORER is NOT carrying the CLOCKWORK negg;

SELVIN is NOT the EXPLORER;

VOUGHN is NOT the EXPLORER;

HUROK is NOT the EXPLORER.

SELVIN * WIZARD * NEGG (-GLASS;-CLOUD) * TOWN (-LOST DESERT;-SHENKUU;-BRIGHTVALE);

VOUGHN * CLASS (-KNIGHT;-WIZARD;-EXPLORER) * CLOUD NEGG * TOWN (-SHENKUU;-BRIGHTVALE);

RUTU * CLASS (-WIZARD) * NEGG (-GLASS;-CLOUD) * SHENKUU;

HUROK * CLASS (-WIZARD;-KNIGHT;-EXPLORER) * NEGG (-CLOCKWORK; -CLOUD; -GLASS) * TOWN (-SHENKUU;-BRIGHTVALE);

RICKY * CLASS (-WIZARD) * NEGG (-CLOUD) * TOWN (-SHENKUU).

Does this makes any sense?

By the way, sorry for the spamming, but since SELVIN can't be the carrier for the GLASS NEGG (because he wouldn't go to BRIGHTVALE), neither can RUTU since he's going to SHENKUU and much less VOUGHN since he has the CLOUD NEGG, since HUROK is not a possible carrier for the CLOCKWORK negg, it only leaves the option of HUROK going to BRIGHTVALE with the GLASS NEGG.

Does this makes any sense?

EDIT: Saving the trouble to extra posts:

Only RUTU, SELVIN and RICKY could carry the CLOCKWORK NEGG

if SELVIN, we have 50% chance to get the right location, he's possibly the safest pick;

if RUTU, we have very little clue of his class and he has the possibility to be either the KNIGHT or the EXPLORER, both classes not carrying the CLOCKWORK. There are 4 class possibilities for RUTU, 2 of them certainly not carrying the CLOCKWORK, this means he has a MAX 50%, which can drop to 25% or even 0% (if SELVIN is the carrier).

RICKY is close to a blank sheet and possibily in tomorrow's entry we'll know more about him.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The way I looked at it I took into account the photo, how everyone was dressed too. So it seemed to me finally that the Kiko was probably Rutu, all dressed up for the mountains of Shenkuu, and he was wearing the clock around his "neck" which is a very obvious clue, and Neopets has been really running on the easy, obvious side in things lately. So, I'm thinking Ruku took the Clockwork Negg to Shenkuu. That's my guess, and I'm pretty good at these kinds of games usually, but to me they just didn't give enough clues to really GET it. I wanted to find out more about the characters names but couldn't find anything, so gave up on that line of thinking. Just my two cents. :-)

Robyn, you can't use the picture for the guess. The kiko is actually Ricky XD sorry. Rutu is the poogle

Supersilentt, you've got excellent points there. I personally believe Ricky is the author of this journal, seeing as he's never mentioned. Not once.

There was a bit of confusion this afternoon, which led to an awkward situation that, thankfully, was comically resolved. It all began when someone called out, "Rutu!" in an attempt to get the blacksmith's attention. When the blacksmith didn't respond, the team member who called out the name angrily walked over and asked if there was a reason why they'd been ignored. Chuckling, the blacksmith said, "Because my name's not Rutu," at which point everyone else laughed heartily.

It turns out the reason the team member was calling for the blacksmith was to request the delivery of the sand Negg. "I don't have to take it to Altador, do I?" the blacksmith asked. "That would require sailing, and I tend to get seasick." The blacksmith was then assured that, no, the sand Negg would not need to be taken to Altador. Upon learning this news the blacksmith responded by shouting "Yeah!" and giving an enthusiastic fist-pump... which smacked directly into an overhead branch, resulting in what's likely to be a few days' delay as we wait for the blacksmith's hand to heal. Brilliant...

Welp, the new clue just confused the heck out of me.

Blacksmith - Sand Negg - Altador... WHAT?

I personally think Ricky is the author. Less for any logical reasons, and more because his name stands out from the rest...

Selvin, Rutu, Hurok, Voughn, all very Neopets-y names. Ricky is... well... Ricky! :D

Here are my current notes, in the hopes that they can help people out, or someone can disprove them somehow. H&R1 and 2 are Hurok and Ricky. It's kind of hard to tell which is which at this point, but it's starting to look like it doesn't matter.

Selvin (Wizard)

No Cloud Negg(Voughn), Sand Negg(Blacksmith), or Glass Negg(Brightvale).

Carries Clockwork or ??? Negg.

No Lost Desert(Fear), Brightvale(Fear), or Shenkuu(Rutu).

Goes to Kiko Lake or Altador

Voughn (???)

Carries Cloud Negg.

No Shenkuu(Rutu), or Brightvale(GlassNegg).

Goes to Lost Desert, Kiko Lake, or Altador.

Rutu (???)

No Cloud Negg(Voughn), Sand Negg(Blacksmith), or Glass Negg(Brightvale).

Carries Clockwork or ??? Negg.

Goes to Shenkuu.

H&R1 (Blacksmith)

Carries Sand Negg.

No Altador(Seasick), Shenkuu(Rutu), or Brightvale(GlassNegg).

Goes to Kiko lake or Lost Desert.

H&R2 (???)

Carries Glass Negg.

Goes to Brightvale.

Okay, so:

Rutu is not the Blacksmith;

The Blacksmith is taking the sand negg;

The sand negg does not go to Altador.

(correct me if I'm wrong :D)

These clues aren't helping, they just confuse me further D:

RUTU is not the BLACKSMITH;

the BLACKSMITH is carrying the SAND negg;

the SAND negg is not going to ALTADOR;

So, yeah, you're absolutely correct.

But going a bit further, this reduces even further the odds for RUTU to carry the CLOCKWORK Negg, since of all 4 available classes, only 2 are viable to carry the CLOCKWORK negg: WIZARD and the UNKNOWN, so it gives RUTU and RICKY only 25% chance to be the holders of the CLOCKWORK, while SELVIN stands with 50% chance.

Since RUTU is going to SHENKUU. he's not in question there;

VOUGHN is taking the CLOUD negg;

SELVIN is not the BLACKSMITH.

So the BLACKSMITH is either RICKY or HUROK, none of them is carrying the CLOCKWORK since one of them is carrying or the GLASS to Brightvale or the SAND to someplace which is not ALTADOR. That's because the GLASS can't be taken by SELVIN (doesn't go to BRIGHTVALE), VOUGHN (carrying other negg) or RUTU (going to Shenkuu).

This means that we have, atm, 33% of chance to get the right choice:

SELVIN - ALTADOR

SELVIN - KIKO LAKE

RUTU - SHENKUU

Happy Guessing :)

I'm having second thoughts now on picking Ricky....

I now think Ricky is either taking the sand negg or the glass negg because.....

- the blacksmith is taking the sand negg so the wizard Selvin can't take it or the glass negg since s/he didn't want to go to Brightvale

- Voughn is already taking the cloud negg and

- Rutu isn't the blacksmith and isn't going to Brightvale

I don't know if I should change my guess to either Rutu or Selvin :S

ETA: Ok... can't be Rutu because the entry before today they had already picked who was going to take the clockwork negg so if it was Rutu then the team member wouldn't be calling out "Rutu!" to take the sand negg in today's entry.

Okay... Another way of thinking:

Entry 2: Cloud Negg is settled. Voughn takes it. Destination unknown

Entry 5: Shenkuu is settled. Someone is going there.

Entry 8: Brightvale is settled. Someone will carry the Glass Negg there.

Entry 9: Clockwork Negg is settled. Someone will carry it. Destination unknown

Entry 12: Sand Negg is settled. The Blacksmith will take care of it.

Selvin the wizard:

From entry 2, we know that Selvin isn't going to Lost Desert and hasn't the cloud Negg (Voughn selected it)

From entry 8, we know that Selvin is still undecided about his destination. It cannot be Shenkuu (decided before) nor Brightvale and hence isn't carrying the glass Negg

Voughn the astronomer?

From entry 2, we know that Voughn picked the Cloud Negg.

From entry 5, he's wanting to watch the sky. Maybe he's on the list to go to Shenkuu

From entry 12, Altador hasn't been selected yet

Hurok the knight

From entry 5, the knight is the only one at that time to refuse the clockwork Negg

From entry 9, Hurok is the one who dislike that Negg and cannot be the Explorer of the group.

Ricky the Blacksmith

From entry 12, Rutu isn't the Blacksmith, left is Ricky. And he gets the sand Negg

Rutu the Explorer:

From entry 5, Rutu is on the list to go to Shenkuu

From entry 8, the one responsible for the glass Negg must be really cautious about it. So I assume Rutu is taking the glass Negg to Brightvale.

So:

Selvin - Clockwork Negg - Altador or Kiko Lake?

Voughn - Cloud Negg - Shenkuu

Hurok - ??? Negg - Altador, Lost Desert or Kiko Lake?

Ricky - Sand Negg - Lost Desert or Kiko Lake?

Rutu - Glass Negg - Brightvale

I'm having second thoughts now on picking Ricky....

I now think Ricky is either taking the sand negg or the glass negg because.....

- the blacksmith is taking the sand negg so the wizard Selvin can't take it or the glass negg since s/he didn't want to go to Brightvale

- Voughn is already taking the cloud negg and

- Rutu isn't the blacksmith and isn't going to Brightvale

I don't know if I should change my guess to either Rutu or Selvin :S

ETA: Ok... can't be Rutu because the entry before today they had already picked who was going to take the clockwork negg so if it was Rutu then the team member wouldn't be calling out "Rutu!" to take the sand negg in today's entry.

Just read the post above yours.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or more, quotes don't count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

What about it... I just gave my own thoughts.

ETA: Alright I decided to go with Selvin and Kiko Lake. I know Altador may also be a possibility but since the previous entry they had already picked who was going to transport the clockwork negg, then the blacksmith wouldn't have asked if he had to go to Altador, meaning Altador is still up for grabs.

So after todays info I have enough to fill in the graph, and it's as I said, Rutu takes the Clockwork Negg to Shenkuu. You don't need to know all the others, it doesn't ask that, only have to have enough to say who takes the Clockwork Negg to where. So, for what it's worth, that is what my graphing says. Most of the graphs I've seen people don't know how to cross reference and rule out, which is what the graphs are for, I do logic puzzles all the time, graphing puzzles, just for fun, so I get how they work. Good luck everyone! :-)

Alright, the pictures are officially either scrambled, either a red herring, because the ONLY one who could possibly be a blacksmith from those five in the picture is the Kau. He's wearing the exact same goggles that the Mynci in S.M.E.L.T. is wearing, and is also tall enough to be able to hit a branch with his hand/paw/whatever when gesturing towards the sky. And yet, the drop-down menu says the Kau is Voughn. Who is taking the Cloud Negg. :|

So, yeah. Now I definitely think we shouldn't even pay attention to the picture anymore.

So after todays info I have enough to fill in the graph, and it's as I said, Rutu takes the Clockwork Negg to Shenkuu. You don't need to know all the others, it doesn't ask that, only have to have enough to say who takes the Clockwork Negg to where. So, for what it's worth, that is what my graphing says. Most of the graphs I've seen people don't know how to cross reference and rule out, which is what the graphs are for, I do logic puzzles all the time, graphing puzzles, just for fun, so I get how they work. Good luck everyone! :-)

I too answered Rutu- Shenkuu on 14th April 5:53:33 pm NST