So, Do YOU Use Your Neopets Diary?

Airotia

Diary — Useless or Useful?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. So?

• Useless
    • Useful
    • I wouldn't say USELESS, but *I* don't use it...
    • ....... whoa. Wait. What diary?

I remembered now that there IS a diary but to be honest I have never used it and I'd pretty much forgotten about it until this post. I used to use the Calendar for guild events a lot, but my guild is extremely inactive now because we're all/almost all adults and just don't have the time. The diary though- never used it and probably never will.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on neopets for 11 years, on different accounts, and I have never ONCE used it, haha. If you were neomailed reminders of things that come up in there, then it would be great. Otherwise... not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted useful and there's only one vote for that. :sad02:

:laughingsmiley: I have used mine since February, on a daily basis, to keep track of my lab ray and petpet lab ray zapping results. It's easy to write down a quick note while I'm already on the website, and every so often I go through my Neopets diary and write it out elsewhere.

If you're thinking of using the Neopets diary you should be aware that it has some limitations. I'd used it daily for around a month when I noticed that the first few entries were missing. Unfortunately, I think it has a limit of how many you can keep so I'm more careful now. It's also using the word-filter, which seems a bit hit and miss. And you can't use apostrophes or speech quotations as they appear as a code. Otherwise it's great...

I remember first seeing it...thought it was a neat idea, but I was already on LiveJournal. It's probably a concept aimed more towards younger children so they can have some form of a journal to type in that they can feel is secretive since it isn't something normal users actually see all the time..and parents wouldn't be looking for it on a children's website also.

No idea what I'd put in it...

Day 34:

The Grundo Thief... I've long since stopped playing Freaky Factory, but it seems as though I see his shadow around every corner, always just out of sight. More than once I've seen a glimpse of purple out of the corner of my eye only to find emptiness when I turned. He is everywhere and nowhere.

I fear I am slowly going mad.

I'm pretty sure that I've clicked the link by accident hoping for some random event or something. I agree with most people that it's kinda useless... TDN forums works like a diary for me :) you're all great listeners

I think judging by the amount of people who had no idea what it was until this thread was made (myself including XD), we can safely say that its useless. Neopets should somehow develop it, or at least make where it is more obvious XD.

I have found another use for it! I've just discovered my Magma time and the first place I went to write it down so I don't forget it in the future is my Neopets diary. I could write future entries about it if I needed to so I'll see at a glance when it's coming up.

On the other hand, I wish it wasn't such a tiny box to write in. It feels like it's meant for notes rather than as a diary, really. It wouldn't hurt to add a few more features to it, but there are probably so few players using it that it's not worth the effort. I really hope they don't scrap it though. None of you might need it, but it's very convenient for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Never knew it existed either. I think it'd be cool if it sent you a reminder with the name of the event in that little slot where neomail/trade offers/etc show up. It's pretty useless for me right now though because I'd just forget about it. xD

Where is this feature?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure your posts are at 7 words or more.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Where is this feature?

The link for this feature is located right here: http://www.neopets.com/diary.phtml

You can find the link over at the Neopian Calendar page as well.

I knew it existed, but I've never used it. Seems like a pretty pointless feature, although I can understand how kids might like it or something.

Never found a use for it however maybe if I wanted to save a note or two.....or not. :/ I just can't iagine who would want to write down their feelings on neopets espeically if you could get hacked haha

I think I might have used it way back when, when I initially joined Neopets, but it's been so many years and so many different accounts that I completely forgot about the feature. I love the blog suggestion, however. I'd actually use it to talk about personal Neo milestones or something like that!

I use the diary to list usernames of people whose shops/trades have things I want. I list the username, the item, and the price. When I find someone who has it for cheaper, I replace the name. So I guess I use it more as a notebook than a diary. xD

I remember when I was a kid I definitely used the feature though. That was a long time ago, maybe ten years ago. xD