So, Do YOU Use Your Neopets Diary?

Airotia

Diary — Useless or Useful?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. So?

• Useless
    • Useful
    • I wouldn't say USELESS, but *I* don't use it...
    • ....... whoa. Wait. What diary?

I've never used it. I have never seen a use FOR it. If I need to keep something remembered, I use an actual nnotebook I have on my desk. Then again, I'm old fashioned and I prefer pen and paper.

But it's a feature that may help many kids out, in case they don't know where to go to put their venting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I voted useful and there's only one vote for that. :sad02:

:laughingsmiley: I have used mine since February, on a daily basis, to keep track of my lab ray and petpet lab ray zapping results. It's easy to write down a quick note while I'm already on the website, and every so often I go through my Neopets diary and write it out elsewhere.

If you're thinking of using the Neopets diary you should be aware that it has some limitations. I'd used it daily for around a month when I noticed that the first few entries were missing. Unfortunately, I think it has a limit of how many you can keep so I'm more careful now. It's also using the word-filter, which seems a bit hit and miss. And you can't use apostrophes or speech quotations as they appear as a code. Otherwise it's great...

I use Lablog to record my laboratory results, but I couldn't find any site like that for recording petpet lab results, so I started using the diary for that, too. I guess I could use a notepad document to do that, but this just seems so much easier. And I can know on what day it happened. So, there do seem to be a few uses for it.

Wait.... what is a neopets diary never heard of it.

This would be it: http://www.neopets.com/diary.phtml

This was meant to keep track of and remind yourself of some of the important events that you had for your guild, keep track of your Neofriends' birthdays, and more.

I use Lablog to record my laboratory results, but I couldn't find any site like that for recording petpet lab results, so I started using the diary for that, too. I guess I could use a notepad document to do that, but this just seems so much easier. And I can know on what day it happened. So, there do seem to be a few uses for it.

I'm so glad you had posted, I started using the diary on one of my sides just to do this, pretty neat.

I'd never heard of Lablog (until I saw your post and looked it up). That's very handy! It's a shame they don't have a Petpet zap section too, although maybe one day that's something they'll add. The diary is more convenient to update, but I do like how they've done it. I like that they let you import code to make a petpage with your results - I always wanted to do that, but I never got around to it.

Even if it wasn't meant as one, thanks for the tip! :)