Best Feline-Like/Dragon-like/Dinosaur-Like Neopets!

lilshadowdweller

There's many different types of Neopets, and nearly all of them are based on real animals. (Hey, it's difficult to think up new things!) So, I ask you, out of all of the different designs, which are your favourites?

Vote out of:

1. Best Feline
  2. Best Dragon
  3. Best Insect
  4. Best Dinosaur
  5. Best Bird
  6. Best Horse
  7. Best Fish
  8. Best Dog

Say why you picked them. Enjoy the vote. :3

Best Feline?

4.png4.png4.png4.png

My Favourite Feline?

Wocky. I find that they're the most "house cat" like, although I hate their new eyes. I like their little tuff of fur and their little toes. A wocky was the first Neopet which I ever created. My second favourite is the Kougra, I love the detail and realism of it. My third would be Acara, which previously looked more cat-like. I like them but they're not my favourite. And my last favourite? Aisha. I just never found them appealing. They lack a nose, and TNT simply stuck two extra ears on a house cat, called it a day,

Best Dragon-like Neopet?

4.png4.png4.png4.png

My Favourite?

Draik. The Draik has, in my opinion, the closest artwork to a real Dragon. It's also more detailed than the others. (Flaps underneath it's ears, whiskers). My second favourite? Shoryu. It's so adorable with it's little eyes and tail, aside from the fact it lacks a nose. I don't care much for the Skeith, which is too big for me and mean looking. I also find Scorchio (despite being extremely popular) exceedinly childish looking and stereotypical of the friendly Dragons you happen to see.

Best Insect-like Neopet?

4.png4.png

My favourite?

Tied. I like the Buzz's cute insect like eyes, but it also has a Dragonish body making it look less like an insect. the Ruke is very cute and Ant-like. I like them both.

Best Dinoasaur-like?

4.png4.png

My winner?

Grarrl. Tough, sharpe teeth, cool pose. Chomby looks too much like a happy Dinosaur for my appeal.

Best Bird-like?

4.png4.png4.png4.png

Winner?

Pteri. I have always found their cute little bodies adorable, and their eyes are also quite cute. They are cuddly prehistoric birds! My second favourite? Eyrie, which has more of a body of a Lion but still fits the bird spectrum. I find Bruce very cute but lack of flying/weird feet, no my favourite. Least favourite? Lenny. Long and lengthy, but cute nonetheless.

Best Horse-Like Neopet?

4.png4.png4.png4.png4.png4.png

My choice?

Peophin! There's something very appealing about a horse which can swim. It's quite mermaid-like and very detailed. It's followed by Uni who looks pretty much like a Pony with wings. I also enjoy the Ixi, it looks very playful and innocent. I love the Happy look of the Moehog, and I equally find the cow-like Kau pretty cute, although not much different from a real cow. I find the Gnorbu is my least favourite. No hooves. A weird mane. Cute eyes though.

Best fish-like Neopet?

4.png4.png4.png4.png

My pick?

Tuskaninny. It looks light and playful, just realistic of the personality Dolphins and Whales seem to have. The Jetsam is my second favourite, very tough and Shark-like, especially with it's newer design. My third favourite? Flotsam, with it's Dolphin-like nature. And my fourth? Well, I do like them all, but it has to be the poor Koi, whos hands don't fit it's fins and do little to compliment it's beauty.

Best Dog-like Neopet?

4.png4.png4.png

My pick?

Gelert. I find they are so dog-like and adorable. I enjoy their long ears and little smurks. My second favourite the proud-looking Lupe. It's very wolf-like. My final favourite? Poogle. It's adorable and looks a little unsure, but it's lack of nose and weird ears turn me off a bit. Plus, it's got Chomby-like feet!

So funny, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking about the other day! Here's my 5NP:

• Best Feline - Kougra
  • Best Dragon - Draik
  • Best Insect - Ruki
  • Best Dinosaur - Chomby
  • Best Bird - Eyrie
  • Best Horse - Uni, then Peophin, then Gnorbu (isn't that a sheep?)
  • Best Fish - Flotsam & Koi, can't decide
  • Best Dog - I liked the old Lupe, not sure with Neopets 2.0

ooh! Fun! Here are my votes:

Best Feline

Wocky. I mean, the old version's eyes were better, but still. It's cute, it's fluffy, and it makes me think of home. And the Kougra seems more like a mini ugly version of a tiger, otherwise I might have picked it. =P

Best Dragon

I like the Draik here. I mean, the Shoyru is cute, but not as cool. The rest are just blah.

Best Insect

The Ruki takes the win here. It just really reminds me of that one kids' movie called Antz. I don't know why that makes me like it more.

Best Dinosaur

I guess I have to pick one, so.. the Chomby. I honestly don't find much appeal in either pet. The Chomby is just cuter, so I almost like it. ^_^

Best Bird

The Pteri really stands out in this category. I like the Eyrie, but it's too much like some Narnia, Lord of the Rings creature. It's a bit too.. epic. Plus, the design of the Pteri is just awesome.

Best Horse

I choose the Peophin. I mean, I don't particularly like the tail, but it's better than the girly look and the unicorn-like horn of the Uni. :P

Best Fish

The Koi is my favorite. Its fins are just so... fish-like. The Koi (especially Maraquan) looks like my pet Betta. <3

Best Dog

I'm going to have to go with the Lupe. I like wolves & dogs equally, and the Lupe definitely looks more like a wolf, so it was a tough choice. Gelerts come a close second.

Guest little4lupe

• Best Feline

Aisha for sure. They're most cat-like to me, with the exception of their alien ears.

• Best Dragon

Draik is definitely the most appealing compared to Scorchio or anything.

• Best Insect

Ruki! The UC Faerie ones are so pretty.

• Best Dinosaur

Krawk! Although I think they could go as a lizard too.

• Best Bird

|: I'm drawn between Pteri and Lenny because both are gorgeous (especially as UC faeries)

• Best Horse

I think Peos are the best horse-like, but Gnorbus are my favorite. They're llama-like though.

• Best Fish

Koi. When painted spotted they're like real koi, and super pretty.

• Best Dog

Lupe for sure. Just because they're awesome.

haha .. with Habi down you sure have lots of time on your hands :D

Best Feline : Acara

Best Dragon : Draik

Best Insect : Ruki

Best Dinosaur : Chomby

Best Bird : Eyrie / and Bruce comes in close second

Best Horse : Peophin / Uni ........ i had to edit this as I realized I love both species equally !

Best Fish : Flotsam

Best Dog : Gelert

Wait, no Tonu for Dinosaur ? My bad, Tonus are more like rhinos XD

I liked the Acara back in the day, my first Neopet was an Acara and I was as mad for them as I am now for Xwees. But the gorilla-style arms and lack of a tail always bothered me, and it's worse in the remake. Still, out of the felid choices here, I'd still go for Acara

Is it bad I consider Xwees more felid than rodent? I know their laughing gif shows rodent teeth and their Mutant form is rat-like, but I consider them a hybrid of rodent and cat, if that makes sense XD

Haha, yes, I had a lot of time.

I know that cows and Gnorbus aren't really horses, but I couldn't really recall a proper word so I had simply used 'horse-like', meaning they don't have to exactly in that catergory.

I don't know if I would have considered placing the Krawk as a Dinosaur, but I should have, honestly. I mean, aren't Crocodiles as old as Dinosaurs? o-o Well, sorry I had missed some.

^^

Equids?

And yes, crocodiles are basically modern-day dinosaurs. Like sharks, very little about them has changed evolution-wise since the time of the dinosaurs and often scientists look at them when trying to guess what dinosaurs look like. They COULD be grouped with the dinos but really, Dragons/Dinos could be combined to form Reptiles so don't sweat it XD I consider the Krawk the brother of the Draik due to their shared rare status

Favorite Feline:

Aisha. Aishas seem to embody the cat traits I like most- the nimbleness, the slight mischievous look they always have even when they're purring and rubbing your face. And I am obsessed with aliens, so... aishas have always been one of my favorite species.

Favorite Dragon:

Shoyru, even though it is tough to pick between Shoyrus and Draiks. Shoyrus have always been another favorite, especially back in the day when you could only see one giant eye.

Favorite Insect:

Rukis are adorable, and I've always thought that Buzzes were kind of gross.

Favorite dinosaur:

Definitely Chomby. I like happy dinosaurs/dragons for whatever reason, and not been so attracted to the tougher looking pets.

Favorite Bird:

Eyries with Bruces as a close second.

Favorite Horse:

I have a soft spot in my heart for gnorbus, but I also like Kaus and Ixis.

Favorite Fish:

Koi

Favorite Dog:

Total toss-up. I love all dogs

Best Feline: Acara - i love their little paws, although I generally think of Acaras as more fox-ish

Best Dragon: Shoyru - No neopet is cuter than a Shoyru in my opinion, I do have to give credit to Draiks for being so detailed though ^_^

Best Insect: Ruki - I don't like Buzzes..... And Rukis have cool eyes

Best Dinosaur: Chomby - One of my dream pets :P

Best Bird: Pteri - Stunning pets

Best Horse: Kau - all the way, I mean c'mon, look at those eyes <3

Best Fish: Jetsam - They're just so cool-looking!

Best Dog: Poogle - I love the ears! and it's so tiny :laughingsmiley:

Thanks for the topic lilshadowdweller, it was fun ^_^

Best Feline

Wocky edges out Aisha by a hair, but I like them both almost equally. Kougra in third. Acara in fourth.

Best Dragon

Skeith!!! They're just so... cute. I love how their itty bitty wings are strong enough to carry their big, round body. Lurve.

Best Insect

Total tossup. I have a buzz, and love buzzes, but I've really been diggin' Ruki's lately.

Best Dinosaur

Grarrl. Hands down.

Best Bird

Eyrie. I think they have the best body out of all the bird-like species.

Best Horse

Uni. It's a unicorn for cryin' out loud!

Best Fish

... none >.>

Best Dog

Tough one. I like the gelert head best, but prefer the lupe body. Poogle... meh.

Best Feline - Kougra

The Kougra seems more feline than the others to me, mostly because of the cat-like mouth. The Wocky seems more like a cat bred to be overly fluffy and have weird feet. The Aisha doesn't really resemble a feline other than having pointed ears. The Acara doesn't have the body of a cat and has the weird appendages that draw attention away from the cat face. Kougra resembles the original cats - the big cats like the tiger.

Best Dragon - Draik

The Draik is the most dragon like creature you will see on neopets. Skeith looks like a dinosaur with wings, the Scorchio doesn't have the aerodynamics a dragon would be thought to have, and the Shyoru reminds me of a cute pterodactyl than a dragon.

Best Insect - BOTH

They are tied for me. The Buzz reminds me of dragonflies which I adore, while the Ruki looks complex and armored.

Best Dinosaur - Grarrl

The Grarrl looks more dinosaur than the Chomby, which looks too plush for my tastes in ancient reptiles.

Best Bird - Lenny & Pteri

The Lenny and Pteri are my faves. The Lenny looks more slender, which is what I think of in birds that fly. The Pteri looks cool too and it's body is just right for it's stubby feathers wings (as unconverted faeries, both are the best birds you will see on neopets).

Best Horse - Uhhh...

The Gnorbu is adorable, but it's not a horse so I'll choose Peophin, as strange as it is, although honestly none are really that amazing in this category (which is weird, because I love horses in real life).

Best Fish Aquatic Pet - Koi

The Koi is my favorite because it looks cool. :P I just wish the hands were more fin-like (It's possible TNT!). The Tuskaninny looks out of place, in general. The Jetsam looks cool too so it's a close second, and the Flotsam reminds me of a dolphin and a narwhal mixed together, which is strange but cool, nonetheless.

Best Dog - Lupe

This one was hard. I chose Lupe for the same reason as the Kougra, it looks more like a wild dog, i.e. wolf, and the GErlert is cool but looks less serious than the Lupe, like a puppy/dog. I don't know what's going on with the Poogle. It's just there being simple and stubby, which I suppose gives it its charm... :I

This is fun. :D Here's mine:

Best Feline

Kougra - I love the cute spin on the large, wild cats. (Followed by Aisha, Acara, Wocky)

Best Dragon

Draik - I love how they're more realistic, and detailed. And they're fun and easy to customize. (Followed by Shoyru, Scorchio, Skeith)

Best Insect

Ruki - They're just cute to me, for some unknown reason.

Best Dinosaur

Chomby - I've always loved dinos like the ones Chomby's are modeled after

Best Bird

Bruce - I love the penguin look (Followed by Pteri, Eyrie, Lenny)

Best Horse-like

Kau. They're just beyond cute and I've always loved them. (Followed by Ixi, Uni, Peophin, Moehog, Gnorbu)

Best Fish

Koi :D I like how detailed they are (Followed by Flotsam, Jetsam, Tuskaninny)

Best Dog

Lupe - I've always loved how they look like a dog, with a bit of a more wild, wolf side. (Followed by Gelert, Poogle.)

• Best Feline : Wocky - For the fur!
  • Best Dragon : Draik - They are just stunning looking since the conversion :P
  • Best Insect : Ruki - Since I can't stand flying bugs at all :P
  • Best Dinosaur : Grarrl - It looks like a T-Rex...
  • Best Bird : Pteri - chubby birds.
  • Best Horse : Uni - I feel they are the /only/ horses on Neopets. The other examples you put are either cows, bambi, llama and the Peophin fits better as a FISH because of the tail!
  • Best Fish : Flotsam - has the dolphin elegance.
  • Best Dog : Poogle - cuteeee.

• Best Feline - kougra, by far! :P
  • Best Dragon - i guess the draik, although i'm not very fond of any in this category
  • Best Insect - ruki. so adorb, especially the darigan cutie. although buzzes are pretty close. ^_^
  • Best Dinosaur - hmmmm...i guess grarrl. although i don't like how they eat random items in your invent when you forget to lodge them. chombies are cute too.
  • Best Bird - idk with this one. maybe bruce?
  • Best Horse - a gnorbu isn't a horse ~ 'tis a llama! but i'll go with a gnorbu over a horse any day. :P
  • Best Fish - koi i guess?
  • Best Dog - not sure. don't like lupes though. so gelert i spose by default~

Let me try!

Best feline- Wocky

These fellas have a nice, sleek appearance in my opinion.

Best Dragon- Draik

Everyone keeps saying that the Draik is the best pet to customize. Not to mention that these guys are one of the few pets that have improved since Neopets v2.0.

Best Insect- Buzz

I've been more fond of dragonfly-like creatures, and the Buzz is no exception.

Best Dinosaur- Chomby

Simply because these guys are adorable. Also, I enjoy the Robot Chomby the most out of all available colours that it can have.

Best Bird- Pteri

TDN's mascot is a Pteri, and Pteris are also one of my favourite non-LE pets in general. Also, these guys are ideal if you NP from the Golden Pteri.

Best Horse- Kau

Mainly since they're the easiest to feed. Just feed them any milk item, and they should be bloated to capacity. They're also pretty adorable and underrated in my vote.

Best Fish- Jetsam

They used to be fierce back in the old days, and they remain as fierce than ever today as well.

Best Dog- Poogle

Sure they look cute, but don't be fooled by their really sharp teeth.

My favorite feline is the Aisha. All of the paintbrush colors look nice. The felines are the most visually acceptable as a group whole.

Shoyru is probably my favorite dragon. I have a "thing" against Draiks since they're such a status symbol... even if they were never a restricted pet and therefore not a status symbol, I don't think I'd want one. They look nice in Gold, Water, Eventide (unclothed.. clothes mess up Eventide Draik), and Royal, but the red eyes on the majority of Draik colors bother me. The old Draik design when they were on their tails was nice. I never liked Skeiths, thought I like seeing other users with Skeiths, especially if they have humorous names. I kind of forget Scorchios exist... they're marginally cute, but I don't like the lines on the belly that emphasize the fatness and the fist—as many blatant redesign fists—is ugly.

Rukis remind me too much of the movie Antz... some colors are nice such as Faerie and unclothed Christmas. Buzz bothers me because of the Fountain Faerie Quest avatar... however, when people that genuinely like Buzz and don't just get them for the avatar, they're kinda neat. I saw a really nicely customized Glowing Buzz. They eyes lend themselves well to the NC contacts (same with Grundo).

Chomby got enormous with the redesign, but I like that it does not have a fist, and the old Chomby was so cute so I'll remember it like that... the uncomfortable Grarrl smile is a no... I hate how the Jetsam and Grarrl have the front of the mouth touching and then the back portion open. It looks really tense and bad.

The eyes make the Pteri look mean, but I like them otherwise. Bruce used to be adorable, but they're so fat now, and the double chin is gross. Lenny has nice wings, but they're more ugly now than silly looking (as before redesign) and I definitely wouldn't want one. Eyrie is elegant as far as Neopets go.

Peophin is another elegant Neopets; they're really well done. Ixi is nice. Uni and Kau are nice. Moehog is cute as a Royal Girl, but none of the other Moehogs appeal to me; the droopy, downturned eyes would look better with pupils that aren't tiny. Gnorbu is atrocious.... lumpy, droopy, goofy.

I really like Koi, but the fist is offputting. Seriously, fists ruin so many otherwise acceptable Neopets. Flotsam is simple and inoffensive; I like 'em. Tuskaninny is a fat lard. Jetsam got fat, too.

Poogle used to be so cute, but redesign made them comparatively icky. Lupe and Gelert are some of the better Neopets.

1. Best Feline
    Personally Kougras are my favourite. I'm not even sure why I just really like their look. I actually always associate Kougras with dogs for whatever reason- don't even ask me why or how, but yeah- I'm a huge dog person :$ However when you consider what looks the most feline- I think Wocky's take the cake! I'm not a huge fan of them- but I think they are exceptionally feline looking! And I don't like Aisha's at all.
  2. Best Dragon
    In terms of the best looking- I would agree with you on the Draik front. I actually really like Eventide Draiks (they are pretty much the only Draiks I DO like), but I think it's just cause I like the colour. However they are the most realistic. I also like Shoyru's though because I think they are pretty adorable :) I'm not a fan of Skeiths because I think they are gross looking, and Scorchios have also never appealed to me.
  3. Best Insect
    First I need to mention that pretty much all insects creep me out- which is probably why I won't be getting either of these pets in the near future. I think the buzz looks most insect like with it's wings and big eyes- and it has always reminded me of a fly. Now that you mention it the Ruki does look like an ant, but I've never associated it with that. And ants creep me out almost as much as spiders and centipedes- but I digress.
  4. Best Dinosaur
    I love love LOVE Chombys. I think they are absolutely adorable! The Grarrl looks to mean to mean, so I'm not a huge fan, but Chombys are just simply adorable! :)
  5. Best Bird
    Hm. Probably the Pteri. I'm actually not really a fan of any of the bird neopets- but I think the Pteri is pretty cute. The Bruce is also adorable for it's Penguin like looks. Eyrie's aren't 'bird' enough for me- as you mentioned it's more of a lion body and I'm not even sure what it reminds me of- but it's not a bird. I'm not a lenny fan- but I really like Faerie lennies :)
  6. Best Horse
    I think the Peophin looks very very elegant! :) I never actually noticed that it could swim- heh, I'm so unobservant! I also think the Uni is pretty cute though- there's just something about unicorns, plus they look like something from My Little Pony. I've never considered the Gnorbu a horse- they remind me of capybara's crossed with a goat. And the moehog reminds me of a goat too some how- I don't really like them. Kaus are kind of odd in my opinion and the Ixi actually reminds me more of a dog than a horse.
  7. Best Fish
    I think the Koi wins for looks here- it obviously is the most fish like- but I have an attachment to the Flotsam. I'm a pretty huge fan of dolphins IRL so I think they are absolutely adorable! Jetsams look pretty awesome too- I think they make really good looking Battledome pets- nice and fierce! And I don't really have an opinion on the Tuskaninny.
  8. Best Dog
    Poogles and Gelerts are tied for me. I actually really really like both of them, but Poogles have a slightly higher appeal for me because they are LE. I think Poogles look like cute and playful dogs, although so do Gelerts. I really can't choose, I love them both. I'm not a huge Lupe fan just because it's too wolf like looking for me.

Feline: Aisha, with Acara in a close second. Aishas, in my opinion, improved with the conversions. Also, I find them adorable and really nice for customization. As for the Acara... well, I'm not head-over heels in love with the species itself but I find the White Acara beautiful. The other two have never really appealed to me... Wockies look pretty awkward now and every time I see a Kougra, I can't help but think "Simba ripoff."

Dragon: I think Draiks are gorgeous. I really do. But my heart belongs to Shoyrus overall. Shoyrus have always been pretty cute, and have sentimental value for me because they were one of my first pets. And, though it seems like most people disagree with me, Scorchios take second place. Maybe they don't look as graceful as a Draik, but they just seem so huggable, sort of the "gentle giant" type. Draiks come in third. They're nice-looking, but I don't like the hype that comes with them. I fully understand that people do love them for how they look, but I hate how others use them as status symbols. Skeiths... I don't really have anything against these guys. They've just never really appealed to me.

Insect: I like the Ruki better, but I'm not crazy over insects.

Dinosaur: ...Neither, really. If the Grarrl was fiercer-looking, then it would probably be my pick, though.

Bird: I like Eyries and Pteris, but I guess I like Pteris better.

Horse: I think the Peophins are the prettiest, but Unis will always have a place in my heart.

Fish: Flotsam. Their "fists" aren't really fists, so that's always nice, and they're pretty.

Dog: I'll go with the Lupe, but I don't really love any of them.

Great question! I'm grateful of the picture guides because I'm a little forgetful about some of the appearances. I'm basing my votes on what I'd be most likely to own.

Best Feline

As I own one I have to say Kougra! I love them so much, they're adorable. I can't imagine owning the others, although I think Acara's are quite cute.

Best Dragon-like

Again, I own a Shoyru so I have to pick that really, although I think it's old pose when it would fly looked far cuter. It's still sweet though.

Best Insect-like

This is a tough one because I don't like insects much (unless they added a pet that looked a bit like a butterfly or a ladybird / ladybug, and then that's a maybe). Out of the two Ruki looks better to me than Buzz.

Best Dinosaur-like

What lets both down are their mouths. I owned a Chomby for a long time so I'll pick that, but I preferred the old look of both.

Best Bird-like

I'll pick Pteri, but it's closely followed by the Eyrie.

Best Horse-like

Uni! It's one of my favourite pets so I've got to pick it! I also own a Peophin so that's my next pick - they're beautiful!

Best Fish-like

I don't like any of these much (I like sharks and dolphins, but I don't like the Neopet versions). I think I would maybe go for Jetsam.

Best Dog-like

My favourite animal in the world is the wolf, however, I prefer Gelert above Lupe (although I own both).

Can we have an award ceremony for how gets most votes? :laughingsmiley:

I don't like many of the pets on this page since the conversion, so I can't really pick favorites, so I'm just going to go with what most closely resembles the category, comparing to real life animals. Though my favorite neopets are unis and draiks. This is fun!

Feline: Wocky. Looks most like a house cat. Kougra looks more like a large, wild cat and aisha and acara look like a cat-alien hybrids lol.

Dragon: Draik! It's the closest to the realistic dragons you see in books and such. Scorchios and shoyrus are too chunky and friendly looking while skeiths look too fat and mean.

Insect: Buzz. Looks most insect-like to me with the wings and hovering body. The ruki looks too blocky and fake.

Dinosaur: Grarrl! I do really like chombies, but the grarrl most closely resembles a dinosaur with their "aggressive" teeth and pose. Chombies look too friendly and blocky.

Bird: Lenny. I mean, just take a look at the rainbow, faerie, and pink lennies! Pteris and bruces look too fat and blobby, and eyries are some sort of hybrid.

Horse: Uni! They stand on all four feet and look like little chunky shetland ponies in real life, with the exception of the horn and wings. The peophin (with the exception of the tail) has conformation more close to an actual horse, but the tail ruins it for me. Kau look just like cows, ixi are similar to goats, gnorbus are similar to llamas, and moehogs are most similar to hogs. So they all score pretty well against the real life animals.

Fish: Koi is closest to an actual fish, even though I really never liked them on neopets. The flotsam with it's dolphin-like appearance and jetsam with it's shark-like appearance aren't too bad either. Tuskinanny are closest to walrus not really fish. Though I would rather pick realistic looking maraquans for this category, such as the maraquan usul, grarrl, and kacheek.

Dog: Gelert! They look fun, light, and playful just like a real dog. Lupes look too blocky and uncoordinated, and even though the poogle is cute I think it looks like another hybrid.

Best feline - Kougra

Never really liked Wockies, Aishas come a close third after Acaras, which are close behind Kougras. I kind of like those three equally.

Dragon like - Shoyru

My first pet ever that wasn't an ixi was a Shoyru. I really love them :wub_anim:

Insect - Ruki

I don't know, they just appeal to me more.

Dinosaur - Chomby

It's just so friendly looking! Like if it was real it's let you climb on it's back and ride it around the place.

Bird like - Eyrie

Griffins FTW. Need I say more?

Because I can't decide between two of my favourites of all time, and this next group is pretty big;

Best horse-like (based on domestic animals) - Peophin

They're just so elegant and look really good as both male and female.

Best horse-like (based on wild animals) - Ixi

My very first pet was an Ixi. Every main account I've ever made had the first pet as an ixi. I just love them so, so much.

Best fish- Flotsam

Don't really have much to say on this one

Best dog like - Gelert

They actually look like dogs. Lupes look too wolf like (which I appreciate is the point), and Poogles have never looked like anything in particular to me.

Best Feline?

Kougra.

A tiger ftw!

Best Dragon-like Neopet?

Shoryu.

Slight bias in how much I love them!

Best Insect-like Neopet?

Ruki.

Christmas ones are beautiful!

Best Dinoasaur-like?

Grarrl.

Chombies win in a which-do-you-prefer, though.

Best Bird-like?

Bruce!

Penguinzzzz.

Best Horse-Like Neopet?

Uni!

Them flying unicorns!

Best fish-like Neopet?

Koi.

Hands spoil it a little though.

Best Dog-like Neopet?

Gelert.

EARS. ARE. LOVE.

Best...

Feline: Wocky! Aside from the eyes, and biased-ness to a certain someone (who is a Wocky obviously), it's the most cat-like species to me.

Dragon: Shoyru! UC Royalboy Shoyru <3! Draik comes as a close second, though!

Insect: Ruki! It's so adorable! Ants for the win!

Dinosaur: Grarrl! Has to be more fierce-looking instead of happy-looking though!

Bird: Lenny! Reminds me of flamingos, peacocks (UC Faerie Lenny), and Big Bird from Sesame Street (don't know why)! xD

Horse: Uni and Peophin! A unicorn and a seahorse! Need I say more?

Fish: Koi! If only they had fins/shorter hands!

Dog: Gelert! Loving the long, flowing ears and tail!