What are your 'Unpopular Opinions?'

April

Share them here!

An example of an unpopular opinion is Harry Potter is a terrible series. I don't agree with that, just an example. :)

This isn't meant to be a debate and certainly isn't meant to start arguments. This is just to simply share some of our opinions we have that most people don't agree with. So please share, but also respect all other opinions, even if you find it ridiculous!

Newborn babies?Not cute at all. They don't get cute until they're several months old.

Criminal Minds?, Emily Prentiss, I hate her... Can't explain why. And Spencer Reid is overrated. (Still love him though)

Death penalty? Should be brought back in Canada

Megan Fox? definitely not attractive.

Miley Cyrus? I love her (and I love hardcore metal, how weird am I?) And it annoys me greatly when people bash her for things that she does that most teenagers do.

Halloween? Favourite day of the year. Not Christmas, not my Birthday. But Halloween when I get to dress up as gothic as I want and no one can say anything!

Animals? They are better than humans.

Hairless cats? They can be cute.

Hockey? Absolutely most boring thing to watch, besides golf and curling. I don't understand the hype. Often told by my family I'm not a true Canadian. May be true because I don't understand it!

Horse Racing? Best sport to watch. Or soccer, but that's not unpopular.

Hilary Duff? One of the most beautiful woman out there, along with AJ Cook.

Anime? I prefer Dubbed.

Lip Rings? Cute on some people!

Muscley guys? Eww. The most muscle I can stand that I think still looks good is Jensen Ackles, he's gorgeous. Jared Padalecki? Way too buff.

Neon Skinny Jeans? AWESOME!

Cigarettes? Should be illegal.

You probably won't agree with many and possibly any of my opinions because for the most part, they're unpopular! So share some of yours.

Personally, I think some of the opinions you've listed are not really unpopular.

And about animals being better than humans, aren't humans technically animals as well?

They are unpopular where I am from. Whenever I've voiced them, I get shunned.

And shh, technicality. You know what I mean! Lol.

I actually do agree with the ones about Megan Fox, lip rings, muscely guys, cigarettes, and hockey!

Some of mine are:

Pop Music- I just don't get it, what is so great?

Micheal Jackson- I don't understand why everyone loves him so much.

Summer- It's way too hot for me haha.

Excersise/Sports: Count me out. Seriously.

the Kardashians: They don't DO anything!

And I can't think of anymore.... I'm looking forward to seeing everybody else's though :D

I agree with some of your opinions .. especially about Harry Potter , cigarettes , Halloween , animals , and Miley :D the other opinions you mentioned .. maybe I'm not really interested in any of them :)

here are some things that can get me lynched in a community of teenagers lol

Twilight sucks

Lady Gaga sucks

Justin Bieber sucks

Emo sucks (and Emo bands suck too)

Nu Metal sucks and New Punk suck too

Most new Power & Gothic Metal bands suck

R&B sucks for the most part (except some artists)

Old School Rap or no rap at all (50 cent sucks)

Reggaeton was so much better before it became popular (curse you Daddy Yankee .. Gasolina is a great song yet it ruined the genre lol)

Hollywood movies suck for the most part

I completely agree with newborn babies, megan fox, animals, hairless cats, muscly guys, lip rings, michael jackson, kardashians, family guy. Don't really care about the rest of the stuff mentioned. :P I'll definitely be coming up with my own list later.

It's neat to read all you guys' opinions! I agree, I'm not such a fan of Justin Beiber - although I am a fan of all the look-alike websites, some of which are pretty funny. Other maybe unpopular opinions:

Math is fun (see my interests :P)

Dogs are a woman's best friend

People should have the right to an abortion (It's unpopular where I'm from, and I know it's kinda political, but I feel pretty strongly)

Chocolate's not that amazing :/ (I mean it's good, don't get me wrong...)

...that's all I can think of for now :)

Oh, and I agree, there's such a thing as too much muscle on a person! But all I can think about when I see a lip ring is "man, that's gonna leave a pretty noticeable scar" - haha, like a grumpy old lady or something

Unlike most TBM fans I've encountered, I think that Combichrist's remix of Shallow Grave is amazing. Probably because I luh-uh-ove Combichrist.

Plus the voice edits are amazing "g-g-good for her...."

I also cannot stand Cartman from South Park. Racism is NOT cool!!!!!! >.<

Claire Redfield is so much better than Jill Valentine

I hate it when guys bleach their hair

CrunkCore is not real music. It's just a bunch of screaming, rapping scene dudes(nothing against screaming and rapping).

Bands nowadays need to be more creative with their names. What kind of band name is iwrestledabearonce???? Dance Gavin Dance?!!! I bet you anything they've never wrestled a bear and this Gavin is a terrible dancer.

Newborn babies?Not cute at all. They don't get cute until they're several months old.

I agree so dearly with you. A lot of my friends or acquantinces have their kids, and they post them RIGHT after birth, where they often have very dry skin, (or wet) swollen eyes and redness and yucky. I don't get why people post them up, OK, I do. They think their child is the most amazing thing ever - forgetting not everyone thinks so. Except, I don't think this opinion is unpopular, rather, people hush up about it avoid the backlash they'd get from parents/friends of the parents.

Death penalty? Should be brought back in Canada

WRONG. Oh I hate your opinion on this. xD

Animals? They are better than humans.

I don't agree with this but I wouldn't say that this opinion is unpopular. Many people claim this.

Hairless cats? They can be cute.

Agreed! :D So adorable once you get used to them and begin to see their beauty.

Hockey? Absolutely most boring thing to watch, besides golf and curling. I don't understand the hype. Often told by my family I'm not a true Canadian. May be true because I don't understand it!

I hardly watch sports, and this includes Hockey. I'm Canadian too but no one has ever said I wasn't a true Canadian over it. o_0 I like to see who wins and loses, SOMETIMES, but I won't watch the entire thing. I never even do for other sports.

Anime? I prefer Dubbed.

This depends, actually. In most cases, that opinion is wrong, oh so very wrong. But if the dub sticks true to it's source material, I don't really mind that much -- as long as it sticks to the original Japanese version.

Lip Rings? Cute on some people!

Disagreed.

Cigarettes? Should be illegal.

Agreed.

My opinions which aren't very popular --

Religion should become extinct.

Nickelback isn't horrible, all bands have songs which sound the same. I enjoy some of their music but obviously others do too, otherwise they wouldn't keep playing it.

Immigrants families SHOULD be allowed to visit on a Visitor Visa or at least be allowed to appeal their case if rejected. (Wasn't the case with my long-term Permanent Resident Boyfriend's parents.)

Being fully vegan without vitamins is unhealthy.

White milk is tasty.

Butter on Muffins is one of the most tastiest things.

Tattoos often start looking a lot uglier once one has aged considerably.

Abortions SHOULD be covered under OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Policy). (It is, but many people don't like this.)

Weed IS a drug. Doesn't mean I think it's bad, but it's a drug, like any other drug -- it alters your mental state.

Hollywood is running out of movie ideas. Which is why I haven't gone to the movies in over a year.

Newborn babies are adorable.

The fandoms I don't care about are: The Hunger Games, Glee, BBC Sherlock, Harry Potter and Doctor Who.

I read the first chapter of the first HP and THG books and I got bored.

I love the concept for Glee (like, a lot) but it is so poorly-written and poorly-executed I can't watch it. Also, there are a lot of continuity fails in that show.

I've never seen BBC Sherlock, but a good portion of the fandom is cray cray and because of that, I don't think I want to watch it.

I've seen one episode of DW, but I just didn't care for it.

The public school system is really bad. Especially the public school system in New York.

I've been attending public school for almost a decade, and I always regret not trying to convince my parents to let me go to private school.

I love shows with dirty humour (ex.: Family Guy, South Park, etc.). In most cases.

I think that state tests/standardized tests are pointless. I had to take them until grade 8. (For those who don't know, state tests measure how well teachers are teaching material or something like that. Frankly I think they're there only to make schools look good, but that's just me)

I hate cheesecake. It looks really good, but tastes disgusting.

Cigarettes should be illegal everywhere.

I don't think Justin Bieber deserves any of the hate he gets. I don't like his music all that much, but I have lots of respect for the kid. He's not even 18 yet, but he has a lot of fans, lots of money, a successful music career and a movie about himself.

I don't find muscular guys all that attractive.

I don't find lip rings or [overly] stretched ears attractive either.

Most memes are really not all that funny. ex.: forever alone guy, "arrow to the knee," "LOL UMAD BRO XD," etc.

And nahh, we're so awesome we can still be a loving family despite our differences. How cheesy am I? XD

Haha ok then I will just shut my eyes and put my fingers in my ears and sing tunelessly ;)

I've never seen BBC Sherlock, but a good portion of the fandom is cray cray and because of that, I don't think I want to watch it.

Oh my god ignore the fandom and go watch the show it's SO GOOD. I never even really looked at the fandom on tumblr til after the end of series 2 and I agree it's absolutely bat-crap crazy but seriously the show transcends all that nonsense.

Plus benedict cumberbatch is a god among men <3 and martin freeman is superbly wonderful. as is andrew scott as moriarty.

Ok I'ma have a go at this; here are my (potentially) unpopular opinions:

• I think kissing boys is overrated. Same goes for kissing girls for that matter (unless you really really fancy them)
  • Being thinner does change how people treat you despite all that stuff people spew about inner beauty.
  • I ship Snape and Harry in Harry Potter (god I know that's going to be REALLY unpopular but look I can't help it ok? I read this one AMAZING fanfiction and it just put them together forever)
  • I didn't think inception was confusing or mind-bendy at all. Still really loved it.
  • Most women comedians are not funny. At. All.
  • I love crass/stupid/vulgar humour
  • I think girls in skirts so short you can see their knick-knacks are silly. Encourages all sorts of bad things and makes boys thinks it's ok to call them bad names.
  • I think tattoos are ugly

Aha, I love reading your opinions. I disagree with so many, but that's kind of the point. XD

And as for Harry Potter? I love the series, don't get me wrong. But it is overrated. J.K Rowling's writing isn't the best. I'd say it's a little above average. If that. And the first chapter and such were boring. It took me rereading the series a few times to get hooked on it. And I certainly don't liket he first book much. The second book was exciting though.

And as for newborn babies. They're so gross yet everyone goes on about how cute. Although, when I have my first baby... I bet I'll be going on about how cute he or she is and posting pictures everywhere. Lol! I can't blame them, I'll do the same thing. But still.

Oh, and I have to comment on the dubbed. Just why I feel that way. For me? It's because I can never just watch TV. I have to be doing something else too, so my eyes are often off the screen and I can't understand to even tell names apart. XD

I can't help it. O.O I can't just sit down and watch a show. I have to be doing something else. So I have to watch dubbed. XD And I guess I've just grown so used to it.

Aha, I love reading your opinions. I disagree with so many, but that's kind of the point. XD

Haha I know look at what you've done ;) Nah I'm just kidding it's interesting.

As far as newborn babies go: I find newborn babies and 3-month olds and toddlers and five year olds all completely adorable and lovely. There's a documentary show here in the UK called One Born Every Minute and I cry when the babies are born :3 I think it's beautiful.

My greatest ambition in life is to be a mother. I think it was what I was meant to do. Don't get me wrong I also have career goals (and they are by no means small ones, I want to be a doctor)

But if someone made me choose between having babies and having a job, I'd choose children in a heartbeat :)