Too much maitenance?

Lady Lyuba

It seems that every week now, one a week the Maitenance Myncis are at work and they take the site down. A lot more frequently than in te past. Anyone else tired of this? What is TNT doing!?

Or is Neo just too full of bugs that the Maitenance Myncis need to take the site down once a week?

I sort of get why they have to do it, to keep Neopets running smoothly and (HOPEFULLY) to fix glitches like the Habi ones but you're right it IS a lot more frequent than it was.

It's also at a really inconvenient time for me - right when I'm setting up my Habi for the day :thumbsdown:

I normally take it for every month or every two or three weeks based on TNT's maintenance rate. They always claim it to be two or three hours of work, but it's random if they do the maintenance quicker than usual or not. I normally find something else to do (like play video games or watch anime) while TNT is fixing up Neopets.com of any bugs/glitches/problems the site may have.

Guess it doesn't bother anyone else. But seriously, once a week? I'm often up really late, and it's NST here. Though, I really SHOULD be in bed by 11 anyway.......

I don't know, maybe I'm just sick of maitenance every week. I'm the only one ranting.

I'd much rather they fix it. Right now, I can't even withdraw NP from my shop till because the pages won't load properly. It's been doing that for me over the past few days. I can't even take a snapshot of my habitarium and yesterday some of our pets weren't shown up. It's quite an annoyance, so anything they can do to fix it: the better.

Doesn't bother me at all. I'd rather they fix a bug or do general maintenance and get it out of the way instead of being plagued by glitches all the time.

Maintenance > Glitches

I'm with Lindsey. I'd rather have them fix things as they crop up than have TNT wait until the site practically asplodes and take a week of maintenance to fix everything.

As to why there seems to be more maintenance than there used to be, you have to remember the multitude of content that's been added over the years. More features on the site = more places and more chances for bugs to happen. Not to mention that there's always the chance TNT could be working on some new super-awesome content. Yay!

I don't mind it *too* much. Like this morning it's only for two hours which is cool beans :)

I'm on all the time and I've only seen it a handful of times these past few weeks, and it usually wasn't more than a few hours. Site goes down in the middle of the night, back up by breakfast to distract me from studying.

Honestly, there's so many little quirks I'm glad there's "maintenance," though I'd be happier to know what exactly is going on in there.

arghghghg it caused me a habi lockout because I tried to collect my gems and it didnt work then the page refreshed itself and when I logged back in when the site was up I was locked out fufufufufffffuuuuuu-

They should be fixing all the billions of habitarium glitches during maintenence not causing them -_____-

but yay for others who now have access to the nc mall :D <3

personally i'v never actually been hindered by the maintenance but maybe thats just me and from a purely programmer standpoint bugs happen alot and your webiste/program will never be free of them especially when you add new content as TNT do on a regular basis.

You should be happy that they're fixing them or trying to rather then just leaving them and honestly its alot of work bug testing and fixing so you should be grateful it isn't more often

I'd personally prefer that they fix it. That's so much better than glitches. It doesn't affect me though because usually I'm sleeping when they decide to do maintenance. Even now, I'm in Spain for 3 months, so my time zone is different but it doesn't affect me much.

Either way, you have to deal with annoyance. We'd all rather they fix things. I see they gave all the countries NC Mall access now, yay! This is wonderful news. But, still glitches, like the false "down for maintenance" alarm.

There is ALWAYS glitches on the site, which you can't escape. Every few weeks, they do this. It's just so frequent now that it's a little annoying, especially for a late night person like myself. I SOHULD be in bet by 11, but I'm not. :/

It's possible all this maitenance is leading up to something. Like the NC Mall access for all the countries now, which was nice of TNT. Glad all you guys who previously didn't have acces do now. :)