Am I the only one who has never been hacked?

Lady Lyuba

36 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had one of your Neo accounts hacked before?

• Yes
    • No

I think just about EVERYONE who has ever palyed Neopets has had their account hacked before, many years ago when they were younger players. All that is - except me. I have, however, had account activation problems in the past. When I first started playing in November 2003, I could not get my account activated no matter what I did. It wasn't until February 2004 that I was able to start a new active account, which is what my main is today. But not once have I been hacked, when all my friends who have played did, even my cousin, when she was a kid. She was SOOOOO upset about that. Even those I don't know as well have all been hacked. To make a long story short, EVERYONE. 100%. Well, 99.999%, as I'm the only one who hasn't, and I bet TNT memebrs haven't, either. Go, see my lookup shield, I've been playing for nearly 8 years, and my lookup says it!

Even those of you who have played for 10 years doubtfully have a 10 year shiled because you've all been hacked in the early days, too, right?

12_0_years.gif

So, nobody has this shield yet, save for TNT. Guess I'll be the first to.

10_0_years.gif

Or even this shield, for that matter. Maybe it is impossible.

When I was younger I used to play with my brother and we shared an account which never got hacked, and is 10.5 years old now. But when I wanted to use it a few years later, neither of us could remember the birthday we used and so we haven't been able to access it. So I made a new account around that time which is my current account, and is almost 6 years old, and hasn't been hacked....touch wood! That said, I pretty much avoid all the usual gimmicks like sites which say 'I can make you a million np!' and since I never use the forums over there that probably helps too.

some of my accounts are 7 1/2 yrs old now .. if i still had my very first one it'd be 12 yrs now ..

either way no i was never hacked , thank goodness .. hopefully it'll stay that way or i don't know what i would do with myself

So, nobody has this shield yet, save for TNT. Guess I'll be the first to.

10_0_years.gif

Or even this shield, for that matter. Maybe it is impossible.

Erm, I have that shield... :mellow: Check out my old main account http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=raynas392, (Raynas392) which was hacked. Well, I shouldn't say hacked. My cousin wasn't a hacker. See, my situation was very unique. I was hacked by my then 19 year old pregnant cousin on Raynas392 when I was 13.

I had an old email address on hotmail. My two year younger cousin didn't have any email, so when she needed to use mine, I let her send some emails using my account. *Under my supervision*. Anyway. A year passed. Maybe two. I stopped using that hotmail address and made a new one -- not knowing that at the time, hotmail would 'delete' accounts which hadn't been used in 90 days or so.

My two year younger cousin wanted to see an old email from there, so she asked me what the name of my old email was. When she couldn't find it, I told her she could remake the account. She did. What I didn't know: hotmail STILL had all of the old emails in it.

My main account, Raynas392, was now linked to my new account. HOWEVER, I never CHANGED the password. It never occurred to me!

Two years prior, I send a lost password requests, and Neopets promptly sent me my full password. *This was before the era where they would simply reset the password to a new one because of issues like these* That "lost password request" was still sitting in the account my younger cousin had made. That's when her 19 year old pregnant-for-the-second time cousin went onto the computer, saw my opened inbox, and proceeded to use the lost password and get into my main account. Randomly.

I was confused! The password was difficult. I never went on cookie grabber sites and I was always careful, aside from failing to get my password. She took all of my main pet's petpets, all of the NP in my bank account, all of the items in my inventory, and all of them in the stock. THANKFULLY, SHE LEFT THE NEOPETS.

But my answer came to me when one of my Neofriends (the 19 year old cousin), happened to have all of the petpets included on her own pets. And sellign all of the items which were mine. Then it dawned on me.

This cousin has always been terrible. I understand it's a pet site, but what she did was wrong. I ended up getting Raynas392 back by emailing Neopets and providing proof that it was me. They reset the password, but the damage was done. They would not return the items. They made that very clear.

Now, I could have just reset the account and continued, but I decided to just remake a new one. Thus, Raynas392 is a now a side.

So that's my story of how a family member stole from me. She's physically stolen stuff from my family too. She did a lot of bullying with us when I was younger and as silly as it is, I'll never respect her and I'm happy she's mostly out of my life.

Erm, I have that shield...

My bad, so sorry for the assumption, I hope I did not offend you.

I'll be getting the 10 year shield here in about... 4 months.

Oh boy, congratulations, Spritzie!

Clearly... you can't be the only one who hasn't been hacked. I haven't, and don't plan to fall for fake login page, to give away my password or share my account with anyone... etc etc. Security is a big deal on the Internet, and I take it seriously.

Now, I have never been actually hacked... I have been scammed though. There are a lot of hackers, and one of my Neo friends just self iced for protection. People who hack pixels should be eaten my Meepits.

My bad, so sorry for the assumption, I hope I did not offend you.

Oh boy, congratulations, Spritzie!

Why would that offend me? :) It's a rare thing to have, for sure. My main account doesn't actually have it! :laughingsmiley: I just meant that I had it. I'm showing off. I don't get the opportunity usually with my account. :P

I've never been hacked, but maybe it's because I didn't play too much?

My oldest account is 11 years old... turning 12 in August this year. It's still there, and I can still access it. But it's my side account now.

Of course, I don't advertise my account, and I don't visit sketchy sites either. (And frankly, even if I were hacked, the hacker wouldn't get anything since I'm pretty much broke.)

Guest Yoshi_

I was hacked once but no real damage done because I was on my account at the time when I used to play, so I managed to change my password 30 seconds after the first hack attempt.

I have never been hacked and I am still playing on my original account. If you visit my user lookup, you will be able to see my '11 Years' shield which I am indeed very proud of!

Have I been hacked before on Neopets? I've never been hacked, and on an almost 10 year account, too.

If anything, I've been changing my password at regular intervals even if I fear that my account would get hacked, CGed, and any of that other bad stuff.

My account is about 9.5 years old and it got hacked when it was just a few months old. The site wasn't very secure back then I guess. Quite a number of players in my guild got hacked as well and it turned out that we had all clicked on an item in a shop which re-directed us to another webpage. I was devastated when I tried to log in but found out that my account got frozen. Goodness knows what the hacker did to get my account frozen. Thankfully, TNT returned my account to me after I wrote them a stern letter. Ok as stern as what a 12-year-old would be able to sound like haha.

never got hacked, lost some accounts with my bad memory back in the days, now, my memory is the best of my class :)

anyways: my account got purged, and i NOW remember my password, that just.... [removed] > :(

but wow, 10/12 years is A LOT, my oldest account right now is 3 years, yay for the AAA :D

@lilshadowdweller: wow, that's.... just..... MEAN, i would NEVER forgive somebody, especcialy because some of my most important neo-belongings (like alynniae) were given to me by others, and i NEVER want to lose any of those!!!

ps: did you report the account of your cousin then? was she frozen? i hope so!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't swear in your posts, the curse word has been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

One of my side accounts has been entered by someone who I don't know, but I managed to get it back from the person after harrasing them with Neomails for a while. The person had apparently bought my account from someone else, but how that other person had gotten in my account in the first place is still a riddle to me. I've changed the password and email and haven't had issues with it since.

I had my main account "frozen for protection" once, which usually means it was accessed by someone other than me. However, nothing was missing and everything was exactly as I had left it, so I don't know what actually happened. Maybe someone did try to access my account or maybe TNT made a mistake. It happened a couple years ago now, so I don't remember any of the exact circumstances leading up to my account being frozen. I could have been CGed, I suppose. No one had accessed my email to take my password from there. It may have even been my fault (logging in on my mum's computer, while still logged in at home?). Nonetheless, I got my account back after a week, and I've had no problems since.

Last year somebody found their way into my Email account, and then they continued into my Neopets accounts. :(

I lost all my items/NP, and also a few of the pets on my Side Account.

It took TNT a couple of weeks, to Freeze my account for protection, and even longer for them to Return it.

But...

Since then, I've been extra careful about my account Protection.

:)

Thankfully I've never been hacked either - very very glad about that! I don't know what I would do if I got hacked at this point. I don't care so much about items or neopoints but if I lost my pets I'd be devastated :(

I managed to gain access to one of my old accounts (current main) be recreating an old e-mail address, that account is at 70 months ^^ I have older ones around but I've forgotten the details :/ I'd love to still have my original account, that would be swweeeet!