Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

How did you have options of more than one class? 4th grade must've changed loads since i was in it...wow :laughingsmiley:

And I totally just spent the past 10 minutes watching different version of the leek song...I need to get out more

Actually, I had orchestra (more like group lessons though) on Tuesdays (and Thursdays? idek) and everyone else who wasn't in orchestra just went to the school library on Tuesdays. It really sucked that I was addicted to reading back then and was also in the orchestra. :laughingsmiley: Plus, I wasn't entirely sure if they let you in during recess.

I remember that I had read at least 76 books that year...good times. ^.^ Also made a lot of comics and stuff that year.

Oh, I see. That's pretty cool. I probably would've done the same :laughingsmiley:

Man, I used to read all the time. I'm rather proud of myself - I finished A Dance With Dragons today, and managed to pace myself reasonably well. With shorter books like Harry Potter, i usually just read straight through, but for this guy I actually took breaks and was able to spread out the reading over two days! :D

Yeah, I used to read a lot. The problem is, I haven't been able to find any books that interest me all that much, and I haven't been finding a whole lot of time to read for pleasure. And all the books that look interesting are NEVER available at the library (or even the bookstore, sometimes).

I already have to read three books for summer assignments, and they're all boring as hell. <_<

Take a break then, or look for some new books. I went a few years without reading too much, and then I discovered the Song of Ice and Fire series and started reading again. Then again, my favorite genre is over-the-top fantasy fiction, so i have a whole section of Barnes and Noble to choose reading material from. Soon enough i'm gonna own everything Mercedes Lackey has ever written o_O

That's sort of what I've been trying to do...most of the time when I'm at the library, I end up making most of my selections based on the summaries on the inside or back cover. I've discovered some pretty good (and some pretty bad) books that way. :P

I really need to find a good book series before the next school year starts. I doubt I'll have a lot of downtime but I usually keep a book with me just in case I do. :)

Aww, sorry to hear that :( I'm gonna be trying for this one, are you?

The description isn't very clear, as usual, but I guess we're supposed to draw a comic with one of our Neopets and one of the Defenders of Neopia. But I'm not sure if we're supposed to be fighting a new enemy, or if it's just supposed to be silly banter, or what.

Tsk tsk. All this talk of cutting class. :P I never did, though I did skip one class, even though I was at school that day, it was for medical reasons. I got a horrible migraine after the 30 minutes of running in PE, so I skipped my next class and went to the local McD's and took some of my migraine medication. My mom excused my absence when I told her about it.

I cut class whenever I don't feel well :P Imo, no point going to class if i'm in too much pain to pay attention, right?

In high school though, i was good friends with the nurse, so i'd just go there and lie down for a period, and get excused from that class. That worked unless i felt so awful that i stayed there multiple periods, in which case i was told i either had to go back to class, or go home <_<

I don't think i've ever cut a class. :D

And the highschool i'm going to in a few weeks is like Spritzie's, only its all on one street. :D

I found out I have lunch hour with who I wanted to get lunch with so i'm actually excited for school to start. :P

I haven't started HS yet, but I've been in that building several times. It's somewhat average-sized, creeps me out and smells pretty bad. D: Needless to say, I wish I was going to another school. :/

Also, I'm not really sure if I have lunch with any of my friends. I have a lot of friends who are in all honors classes, and I only have two honors classes so there's a very low chance I'll have lunch with most of them. :c

I don't know how your school does its classes, but I don't really think the fact that they're taking more honors classes should affect the lunch period, unless those classes are only offered during yours. I took honors classes, my friends didn't, and I ended up in the same lunch with all of them.

Even I don't know and I'm going to that school in like, less than 2 months. :P

I just realized something...I now regret replacing Study Hall with Studio Art (aka taking another elective) :grrr: As far as I know of, no one I know (or like) is gonna be in that class. grrrrr.

At least I have Chorus, which my best friends are going to be in. =D

I knew more about my school, what classes to take and how to set up my schedule, because my sister had been going there for 3 years, and she was a senior when I was a freshman. We even rode together until we had scheduling conflicts.

I'm going to my high school next week; It's a program where you get to meet all the kids and learn the building.

I have to go for two reasons.

1) To see all my friends again :D

2) I gotta get my schedule changed <_<

Even I don't know and I'm going to that school in like, less than 2 months. :P

I just realized something...I now regret replacing Study Hall with Studio Art (aka taking another elective) :grrr: As far as I know of, no one I know (or like) is gonna be in that class. grrrrr.

At least I have Chorus, which my best friends are going to be in. =D

Pro tip: don't take classes because your friends are in them. Take classes because you enjoy them and want to learn. Friends change all the time.

Honestly, I wish i had taken studio art back in high school :P

Ironically enough I did take classes with freinds and it ended badly. I went with regular bio instead of honors, and the person I was trying to get the same class as got honors biology without signing up for it. xD

I only had 4 friends that went to my HS. My HS had around 2k students, I think, and the classes could be mixed of any grades, depending on the class, so the chance of me ending up with any of my friends in any of my classes was slim. And sure enough, I didn't get a single class with any of them, though we all had lunch together. I just made it my goal to make one friend in each class. And I got lucky because a girl from my science class, was also in my PE class.

I believe that I have less than or around 10 friends (in my grade, anyway: I do have friends in other grades) going to the same school as me this year. I know that at least three of my friends are going to different schools for the next school year. :c

In 8th grade, I had every single class with my best friend. Surprisingly, it didn't end badly. :P But somewhere around 3rd or 4th quarter, I got assigned to sit near my other best friend in Science (my worst class) SEVERAL TIMES. Yeahhh, that ended badly. XP

In 8th grade, I had a friend in each class, but it was never the same friend for 2 classes. (except concert band and jazz band. I had 4-5 of my friends in both of those, and more in concert band, than jazz band.) But when it came time for HS, we were really spread out. 5 of us went to my HS, 2 went to the one my mom went to. Another couple went to a few others each.

Sometimes I've had classes with friends, sometimes I haven't.

At college, I tend to have classes with friends anyway because a. it's a small school and b. half of the school is biology (at least it feels like that :laughingsmiley:) so I generally know everyone anyway :P

I'm actually going to a high school concert tonight - it's an alumni concert, so my brother and a bunch of my friends will be singing as well. I'm kinda nervous because i haven't seen most of the people in a few years, but it should be fun. Plus, there'll be food. I like food :whistle: