Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Ah, well, have a good time? :/

While you're not at TDN you should check out the new TWA and maybe you'll enjoy new ISMFOF. *le awesome music suggestions* If anything, ISMFOF has good song names...

TYLER OH HOW I MISS YOU SO. T-T

Meh, no real upsets today. Although MQ vs KD was interesting.

Oh and, hm... VP is in first now. and MQ dropped to 7th. Not to mention DC hopping to 5th while HW surpassed TY and got into 2nd tier.

DC vs HW today. Revenge time. >=(

Umm...hey tyler? That was...optimistic.

The rest day is July 4th, so that means finals start July 5th.

Unless they've changed it, the AC Rules page say July 5th is the rest day, and the finals start on the 6th. (Through the 9th.)

WOOO DC!! :D

wow, the AC goes through July?? man this takes forever. :laughingsmiley: I'll be gone the week of the 3rd though, so i guess no finals for me :sad01_anim:

Oh wow xD I hope it's gonna be good news :laughingsmiley: I'd hate to come back from vacation to see DC fail miserably haha.

Not that I'll be able to afford it, but I'm still curious what PB is gonna be in the prize shop, and which color yooyu. I have a hunch that it's gonna be an LD pb though. And a clockwork yooyu would be totally cute. Not that I'd have enough NPs to buy one even if they did release it.

What kind of stuff are you guys hoping for?

I think it's a fairly sure thing that it will be a Desert PB. I hope I can get one, but if I can't, hopefully it will bring prices down so I can get one for Aitvara, then get her painted Faerie.

I'd love a Clockwork Yooyu, or Faerie. I was so disappointed when I couldn't get the Snow one last year, but it cost way too many points.

I'm hoping they bring back that avatar that they retired for AC V. I missed it. :(

I just don't understand why it's so intense to get prizes for the AC. Like it requires some seriously hardcore gaming to get anything good from the prize shop; it's really disheartening to people like me. I wish it worked differently.

Which avatar did they retire? :O

Personally, I don't see why it's such a big deal. From what I've heard, it's a lot easier to get color-changing things on other petsites. Neo has always made it so difficult, with the saving for months and everything. :sad01_anim: At least the Pirate PB plummeted...and I hope it goes down even more :P

Oh, the techo fanatic. I never got it either. Although, I'm pretty much done collecting avatars, since i don't really want any of the other available ones. I hope they re-release the Nova plushie one - that's my all-time favorite av. :wub_anim:

I've never played other pet sites. It would be nice if the Pirate PB would go low enough that I could paint Aitvara Pirate as well for the clothes, but right now, it's just too expensive for that.

You got it for playing any of the first 4 ACs. My first AC was the 5th one.

I collect whether I like them or not. It gives me nice goals to work towards, especially the game avatars.

I have the Techo fanatic avatar (it's actually set as my avatar at the moment), got it back in ACIII. Aha, good times. xD

And even though I only play one other petsite (which is Subeta), I have to agree that getting color or species-changing items are so much harder on Neopets, unless you're really rich. I only have 1.3 million NP, dunno if that would be considered rich, but you can definitely say that I don't splurge a whole lot.

Also, I've been on Neopets for nearly six years and I've seen people with accounts nearly half my account's age with a plethora of expensively painted and/or rare pets. I kinda don't understand that. :/

Well, if you focus, you can make a good amount of NP in a short time. I went from 2 million to 5 million in a few weeks. (Neopets had it so you could send 8 scores a day for all games.) Then in a matter of probably about 4-5 months, I made it to 12 million. (And in the previous 7-ish years of my account, I'd only made probably 2 million, because I wasn't huge on games. But I'm guessing, because I had about 2 million in my bank when I came back. I did spend some too.)

I just realized that Marapets is lame. My Neopets are way cooler than the Marapets. I'm on all my accounts daily caring for my Neopets.

To Rach: 1.3 million is rich compared to me. I only have 6, 070 NP.

I've never tried any of the other pet sites, I'm way too addicted to Neopets to even consider it.

I tried Icepets and Marapets. I'm just too loyal to Neopets to go on the other pet websites. Plus some of the pets on Marapets and Icepets are far less cuter than my Neopets.

For now I'll stick to playing just Subeta and Neopets. I have pretty high standards when it comes to pet sites- I usually won't check it out if it doesn't have: good pet/item/etc art, addicting games, a good community, among other factors.

Neopets has okay art, an okay community, but more games as well as addicting games. Subeta has good art, a highly close-knit community but not that many games. To make up for the lack of games, they have a bunch of quests you can do at any time...except for the Oracle quest, as you have to get one in a random event.

I think I used Marapets once and thought it was pretty boring. God only knows if I had an account back then. XD