Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I like the Jersey Shore- more specifically, Seaside Heights. I know that place has a bad reputation because of the show Jersey Shore, but it's actually a really nice place. I go every year, and I like taking bike rides around there, going to the bay to watch the sun set (and maybe even rise) and spend a day at the beach.

NYC is great too- I'm from there (but don't live there anymore), and there's just so much to do. Unfortunately, I don't get to go all that often. :c

Both places are great for photography. :)

Guest Yoshinho

Best place is Chicago. If you go downtown at night, (day works too if you are talking about the beach), it has many attractions and it looks really nice.

Best place is Chicago. If you go downtown at night, (day works too if you are talking about the beach), it has many attractions and it looks really nice.

There's nothing to great where I live unless you want to drive all the way down to Boston.

Ahaha. Yes, I definitely associate Jersey Shore with the show, but I can imagine it would be a nice place away from all the clubs and drinking etc etc. I've been to Orlando quite a few times (disney fanatic :P), also Vegas, San Francisco and Hawaii a fews years back, and I'm heading to NY and LA in a couple of months. I'm not really a big city fan, but I'm soooo excited and a bit overwhelmed, there's so much to do?! (suggestions are welcome ;) )

It always gets me when I think that one American state is bigger than the whole of the UK...it's CRAZY, I don't know how you all cope.

I rarely travel. I'm a total Disney fanatic (Minnie Mouse since I was super young.) but I've only been to Disneyland is CA once. (When I was 5.) Disney World once. (When I was 18, due to my dad winning a MVP award at work.)

I've been to Vegas once, with my sister.

Big trip-wise, my only other trips were NYC when I was 7, and Alaska when I was 16-17. And the 2 cruises I went on in 2008 and 2009. (Miami to the Bahamas and LA to Mexico.)

Wow, I'd love to go to Alaska to see the bears! And the Bahamas and Mexico?! Sounds awesome!

What are people's opinions on Vegas?

I think I heard the other day that it's illegal to bet in America, I mean, you don't have betting shops where you can go to bet on anything from sporting events to when William and Kate will have a baby. Is that true, or did I misunderstand? (quite likely)

I enjoyed Vegas. I'm not a drinker/partier, or a gambler, so it was more sight-seeing for my sister and I. We spent 3 days there, and just walked the strip and took pictures. My sister loved it and has been back tons of times since then, but to me, it's more of a once every few years thing, since not a lot of what I went to see, changes.

Alaska was amazing. It was so cool to be driving down the highway, and see moose on the side of the road. I've only been the one time, but my dad has been back several more times for work (summer and winter.) He'll actually be going back in July. He's done a lot more and seen a lot more. He prefers winter there, but in summer even, it's such a beautiful place.

I want to go to Alaska because I have a good friend there, but other than that I want to go to Europe. Italy would be the first stop. :P

I also want to visit Holland, and England, because I am Dutch and English in ancestry.

I want to go to Alaska because I have a good friend there, but other than that I want to go to Europe. Italy would be the first stop. :P

I also want to visit Holland, and England, because I am Dutch and English in ancestry.

Well, you definitely have some good ancestors there! :D Can't beat the English countryside. Except with most of the rest of the landscapes in the world. :P

So...question for everyone: if you could only choose one continent to live on for the rest of your life, never visiting anywhere else, where would it be?

And Airiya - that's such a good attitude to have! I hate it when people say they don't like things when they haven't even tried them - how do you KNOW?!

Yea that's one of my pet peeves.

My god son doesn't like eating anything that is the color red :/

One day I took him out and he whined when they added ketchup to his hamburgers x_x

My "hite" friends are picky also. Since I am a mix of Chinese, Japanese and Filipino we have a lot of dishes that seem strange to Americans xD;

My friend squirms at the idea of seaweed and octopus/squid without even trying it. :x

Continent? I definitely choose North America because there is a lot of diversifying climates and places to go, but only if that also includes places like the Hawaiian islands. Otherwise i'd pick Europe. Both places are really cool.

A harder question: If you could only pick one country to live in, where would it be?

So...question for everyone: if you could only choose one continent to live on for the rest of your life, never visiting anywhere else, where would it be?

I would definitely say Europe. So many amazing places to go.

And like Olivia mentioned, if you asked me about county, I"d have to say the US.

I'm content with where I'm at thanks :laughingsmiley: I know that's not very exciting given the options to be anywhere in the world but hey, here's good too. Other places might be nice to visit but I must say I've never really dreamed of traveling the world. That would involve too much airplane flying <_< I get super motion sick and I almost passed out the last time I was on a plane I got so dizzy, woops.

I sometimes like where I live; the weather is just too bi-polar though. One day it'll be hot enough to make people melt and the next it'll be snowing! :ohno: It's crazy.

It would either be North America or Europe. I think I'd pick North America... I'm pretty happy in the US, and Canada is pretty neat too. I'm not a big fan of Mexico though.

I love traveling and visiting other places, but then I love coming home too. I think I would have a hard time living permanently in another country.

hi people i haven't talked to in forever!

^ What he said. xD Hi guys!

Personally I'm actually quite satisfied with Malaysia. It has its problems, but it's a calm, peaceful, lazy, boring country and we probably won't run into any major disasters or wars any time soon.

That said, I haven't seen too much of the world, so I'd definitely like a chance to poke around a bit if I got one.

hi people i haven't talked to in forever!

Great to see you back at TDN, Tyler! I never minded if you pop by here every now and then these days. (:

HI GUYS!!! *waves* guess who's FINALLY done with exams!!!

*dances around*

I'll be back on regularly starting this weekend, probably. Just gotta pack up my dorm room and such, then pick up my brother from his school, and then we're all heading home Friday!! :D

How's life over here?

Haha me too!! :D

I think I did ok. I had four of them: cell biology, Comics and Culture, Reproductive biology, and Chinese and Japanese History. None of them were exceptionally difficult, but since I spread out my studying between those and my two final papers, I didn't have details down for most of them. But I think I did ok. Hopefully my GPA won't drop too much :P I had a 3.3 last semester ^_^

Either way, I'm a junior now!! Crazy!! :S