Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I was in honors/advanced classes from 4th grade on. And when I took Algebra in 8th I HATED it. My teacher glared at me every day. But Geometry in 9th was really cool. I LOVED my teacher. I still adore him and go back and visit. Haha. He's a cool dude. The only downfall of that class was that everyone was older than me and a lot of the sophomores and juniors would tease me.

And I definitely had summer homework in high school. Haha. It happens.

Also, I didn't get my license til I was 18 and out of high school. I'mmmm a loser.

I've found (and been told) that usually, unless you're a math whiz, you excel at either Algebra, or Geometry. I was Algebra, as was my mom. My grandma and sister were Geometry. Even though my sister is a math whiz (She did AP Trig and such senior year, she did not like Algebra at all)

You could get your permit here, at 15 if you took Driver's Ed. So I got mine one month after I turned 15. I got my license the day I turned 16.

Yeah I've heard the same thing about Algebra and Geometry. My mom loved Algebra.

And where I am I think you have to be 15 1/2 and in Driver's Ed to get your permit. But I didn't even get mine til I was 17. And then it took me another year and a half to get my license. Haha.

My sister is almost 3 years older. At the time she was of driving age, you could get the permit at 15 1/5 with Driver's Ed. And 15 3/4 without. That's why I didn't find out I could get mine at 15 exactly. That's why I got it a month later.

I love Algebra. I had fun with it. And I still use it.

I love math. I am in the double advanced class in my school and I have a 103 in math. I dont know why though. No wait, scratch that. I do know why. Its because my daddy does and he taught me a lot of math when I was younger. He thinks that I am doing so well in math because of him, 0:) , which is partly true.

I'm not a math person. I always got good grades in school, but math I struggled with. Same with History. I'm an Language/English person. That's my best subject. In HS, I did Honors English just for fun.

I have all As but I really dont like Science. I have a bordering grade in it. UGH!!! My teacher is sooo annoying, because she gives out 10 point assignments and if I lose 2, only 2!, points its a C.

I got mostly A's in school, with a few B's mixed in. Except they screwed up my records for HS. I ended up with a 3.85 GPA when it should have been higher. Someone entered 3 B's, when they should have been A's. Then they refused to fix it.

I got mostly A's in school, with a few B's mixed in. Except they screwed up my records for HS. I ended up with a 3.85 GPA when it should have been higher. Someone entered 3 B's, when they should have been A's. Then they refused to fix it.

What?! Why didnt they fix it? That is so rude! That happened to me too, my science teacher, of course science, gave me a B instead of an A, but then I caught her and she called the superintendent and he fixed it. So I am still all As. Yeah!

Yeah. Though I'm considering going back for some classes. Probably some business classes at the Comm. College. But I have no idea. Considering my field of work, I'd probably do better getting some sort of computer degree.

Cool. When I grow up, I want to be a doctor or lawyer like my mom and dad. I am not just saying that because they are my parents, I am honestly interesting in it. I love medicine and learning about the functions of the body, its the only science I like. I want to a cardiologist (doctor of the heart) :wub_anim:

I thought about law school. I actually worked at the District Attorney's Office for over a year, when I was 18. I loved it. Working on cases and trials and such. But in the end, I just didn't go through with it.

My husband started law school, but had back out, because of his parents' health. He's eventually going to go back, when things calm down for us.

Oh, I hope he becomes a good lawyer :) ! I know this is KINDA of topic, but today in school I was super duper happy because I got aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 100 percent on my science test!!! Yessss! I though I failed but I just checked my grades on this powerschool site and it said 100%!!! YAYYYYYY! :graduated:

Right now I'm in algebra, it's ok though i cant wait until its over. I got my first C in that class, though I've raised it now to a B. :)

when i grow up I want to be an research doctor. My big goal is to find the cure to cancer :) I know its a big goal so if that doesn't work out I'm ok. My back up is forensic scientist. It's weird math is my worst subject and science is my best. You would think since they go hand and hand they I would be good in both or neither but I had a bad experience with math in 5th grade... So I never really learned some of the basics of math it really stinks

Math is my worst... though Science is my 2nd best. Often, it breaks up into science/math and language/history. But I take from each, the language, then science.

That would be awesome. A cure for cancer would be amazing. My grandma was diagnosed with cancer when my mom was pregnant with me. They gave her 6 months to live. She died in Nov. 08. Which was 23 years after they gave her 6 months. She did chemo, and was eventually considered cancer-free. Though when she got sick again at the end, they found she had bone cancer, and that cancer was technically never gone.

Math is my worst... though Science is my 2nd best. Often, it breaks up into science/math and language/history. But I take from each, the language, then science.

That would be awesome. A cure for cancer would be amazing. My grandma was diagnosed with cancer when my mom was pregnant with me. They gave her 6 months to live. She died in Nov. 08. Which was 23 years after they gave her 6 months. She did chemo, and was eventually considered cancer-free. Though when she got sick again at the end, they found she had bone cancer, and that cancer was technically never gone.

I'm really sorry about that but thats exactly why I want to find a cure for it so that no more people have to die :) helping the world one life at a time

Spritzie iam sorry your mom pasted from cancer I hope they find a cure for it someday I know how it is to lose you mom since my mom died a year a go from a heart condition

Thank you. It was actually my grandmother. But I know how hard it can be, not only because of how close I was to her, but my mom and my grandma were extremely close.

Finding a cure would be great! Personally, I want to be a cardiologist. The heart has always fascinated me. Plus a lot people have heart problems.

I know a lot of people like that. My grandpa had 4 or 5 heart attacks. My mother-in-law has had a couple. So has my father-in-law.

Hey, last year I raised hundreds of pounds for Cancer research, it ruins so many lifes :(

That's incredible. I do what I can to support it. My sister used to do the Cancer Walks they do here, with the women from work. Since my grandma had cancer, it's hit closer to home for my family.

Yeah I did a hissi Cancer 5 km run. It was $50 per person so they must have raised A LOT because at least 300 people it!!

EDIT: And thank you so much Spritzie for the Green Kacheek Biscuit Jar! I kept it in my SDB and now I officially have 618 items!!! Thanks!