What are your New Year's Resolutions for 2012?

Tedhaun

Since the new year is nearing us in less than a week, I thought that it'd be be a great idea to discuss about our new year's resolutions.

I have never really been huge on resolutions myself, but I'd like to get more artistic and be more froogle (or more aware of my cash) for some new year's resolutions this coming year.

Everyone at TDN, what are your new year's resolutions for 2012?

My resolution is to get back down to being very skinny and toned, like I used to be, before graduation pictures this spring. Then to keep up with the lifestyle change for the whole year, then I should be used to it once again. I'm already off to a very good start with weight loss. :) I normally don't do the resolution thing but seeing as I seriously need a lifestyle change, I figure why not.

Nahemah, I'm with you, I need to stop being such a potty mouth, especially in front of my kids! It doesn't look good when my 3 year old comes out with some of the stuff I say, especially when she says it in front of total strangers! I know, I'm a horrible mum!!

Also, to do really well in the last year of my medical internship and do awesomly well my licence exam and become a fully fledged real doctor! (and then go on to start my residancy and begin the study all over again....blah!!!)

And finally, to have better time managment skills so I can fit my job, kids, hubby, friends, housework and everything else a busy mum has to do into the day and actually have time to sleeeep every now and again!

(aaaaaand.... hubby and I would kinda like to try and have another baby in there somewhere if time allows......)

I never really make new year's resolutions.

I feel like if there's something you need to do to improve yourself, do it right away! Don't wait for New Year's. Otherwise you probably won't do it anyway :P

Besides, I lose motivation for things really fast, so it never does me any good...

Haha I think I am somewhat similar to leedom when it comes to being motivated. Most of the time, I would have forgotten my resolution even before January is up.

In the event that I remember my resolution, I resolve to be less short-tempered. I have a terrible habit of raising my voice whenever i get agitated. I also resolve to work doubly hard in the upcoming semester so that I may graduate with a good honours.

Stop smoking is number one on the list, definitely. Other than that I don't really know :P

I never really make a resolution. I suppose I can list some of my goals (which I have currently), like vacationing out of the country. (I hope to visit Russia and potentially Slovenia/Australia!) I also want to try out driving again, since it's been over 5 years since I originally obtained my first class driver's license. I fear driving and I would very much enjoy over coming this fear. Also, obtaining a Social Service Worker job would be grand! (I graduated from College with that diploma).

I have a lot of goals so I hope it all works out. :) Even just completing one of these would make me feel more relaxed!

My #1 resolution is to get a job now that I'm old enough to work, even if it just working the stockroom at a grocery store.

I'd also like to get my grades up and pass my midterms and finals (especially honors Global...), become more active, eat healthier, improve my drawing skills (and maybe learn how to colour and shade properly) and stop spending most of my money on art supplies that I never use and candy.

I prefer not to think of them as "resolutions." Then I don't feel as bad when I don't accomplish them xD I prefer to think of it as a to-do list. This year, my big ones are to put more time into schoolwork and purge my room at home and get rid of things I haven't touched in years. Time to get organized! I also need to watch my budget a bit more, and stop splurging on impulse items (namely cosmetics and hair stuff. My collection is getting a little unsightly).

I think NYE has to be the most depressing day of the year. I never make resolutions but an everyday goal is to be more selfish. I think then I would be more comfortable with my decisions bc so many of them are made bc ppl try to guilt me into doing what they want do. Ya my family can be jerks but isnt that easier sometimes than causing a fight?

I never make resolutions seriously but I want to really try this year. I'm saying this because it's my last semester in my program, and I don't feel like I tried hard enough last semester. I want to:

1. pass my french competency test coming up

2. eat out less/cook more/be less of a pig when I eat

3. spend more time exploring the city and area with bf since he is leaving in 2 months =(

4. stop being antisocial because I'm lazy, neglect friends less

5. Be more active, go to gym/out for walks 3-5 times a week

6. Try harder in school! Get As.

7. Be more active and helpful at work.

8. Keep up drawing, dont let it die off once I get busy, and get better at it!

In neopets my goals for the upcoming year: get into AG 10+ times, and get 3 painted draiks =)

I have a few:

1. Get more active...I'm not out of shape but I would like to lose a bit of weight (I'm never happy :3)

2. Build my muscles lots more. I like weight training :3

3. Put a lot of effort into my studies this year and into the next so that I can get into my desired program at university.

4. Reduce my anxiety level.

5. Do more yoga! (To help reduce anxiety)

Guest Yoshi_

1.Do not make up a new year's resolution.

^Yes this is a legit, New Year resolution I made. I think that you shouldn't make changes just because its a new year. You should make changes whenever you feel is right or ASAP if it is that important. By having New Years Resolution, it shows people can easily be lazy and procrastinate and end up bombing their resolution as always.

So to everyone who made a resolution, be sure to understand you don't need a change of a 4 digit number to make changes in your life and the world.

I have a few:

1. Get more active...I'm not out of shape but I would like to lose a bit of weight (I'm never happy :3)

2. Build my muscles lots more. I like weight training :3

3. Put a lot of effort into my studies this year and into the next so that I can get into my desired program at university.

4. Reduce my anxiety level.

5. Do more yoga! (To help reduce anxiety)

*High Five*! Yoga is amazing. I have to do more Pilates and breathing techniques this year to help me deal with my recently diagnosed PTSD. Oh fun ><

1. More Pilates and running

2. Heal my Acid Reflux

3. Set things straight in my relationship

4. Acquire goods and supplies for survival

5. Acquire house in woods for survival

6. Acquire new Bow for hunting for survival

7. PREPARE FOR END OF ZE WORLD!

(I kid, I kid.)

Or do I? O.O

Dun dun DUUUUUUNNNNN