Foods you don't like

Naamah D.

When I don't have the money at school to buy water, I don't get milk. There's just something about dairy products(except for cheeses)that grosses me out, especially milk. It bugs me even more when people are all "Naamah! Why aren't you drinking any milk?!" "No milk, Naamah???!!!". I just don't like it!

I also can't stand canned fruit that comes in that awful syrupy crap. I was buying my lunch and a person said "Oh, you don't like pears?" So I said "Of course not, that liquid sugary stuff is disgusting! So they said "Well I love it!"

It gets old when people have that "OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!! YOU DON'T LIKE MAC AND CHEESE????????!!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?????!!!!!" Attitude about them.

So what are some foods you don't like that people might find unusual? I also cannot stand Alfredo anything! Or hot dogs. Or mac and cheese. Or milk.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mushrooms kind of gross me out, and I don't really like olives or raw tomatoes. I'm getting to that point now though where I'm just like... Why am I being so picky? I've started eating the foods I don't like regularly to train myself to like them ^^

Milk and what is pretty much pure sugar syrup are probably things to avoid, neither of them are particularly good for you do I'd carry on as you are lol :laughingsmiley:

Mushrooms kind of gross me out, and I don't really like olives or raw tomatoes. I'm getting to that point now though where I'm just like... Why am I being so picky? I've started eating the foods I don't like regularly to train myself to like them ^^

Milk and what is pretty much pure sugar syrup are probably things to avoid, neither of them are particularly good for you do I'd carry on as you are lol :laughingsmiley:

You'll also gotta consider I'm a bigger girl but I'm health conscious. I just don't like certain foods. Also, milk is a bit heavy on my stomach. I also can't have meat in the morning. I don't know why because I love meat but in the morning I'll get sick if I have bacon, sausage etc...

I'm a ridiculously picky eater, plus I'm very plus-sized. Dream combination!

I do like milk, since it was all that we really had growing up (soda, or 'fizzy juice'/'juice' in my language) was basically stolen off us by the thing that gave birth to me ¬_¬

I hate, hate, HATE butter. I cannot STAND butter, I refuse to eat a sandwich that has butter on it. It's disgusting stuff.

Also don't like tomato sauce/ketchup, again I refuse to eat anything that has that sweet-tasting gunk on it.

I don't like onion in my tomato sauce for pasta. For some reason if you actively put onion in it it just overpowers the sauce and it's horrible. When I make pasta sauce from the jar, I dilute it slightly and STRAIN it so it's just sauce. I used to hate sauce in pastas because of my evil thing-my-mother-married trying to get me on a 'better' diet which resulted in him trying to make me eat foul-tasting pasta and sauce and shouting at me when I didn't.

But then I discovered as an adult that taking pasta sauce, diluting and straining it made a smooth tomato-y loveliness that satisfys my tomato craving. YUM!

Also hate: Raspberry ripple ice-cream. Some people hate vanilla because it's boring/they've been forced to eat it instead of more delicious flavours. That's me with raspberry ripple ice-cream; I was forced to eat that or the mousse equivalent and it fills me with a passionate hatred. Raspberries are evil >_O

I also hate ham and gammon from being force-fed it at school. I normally don't eat pork at all apart from a certain brand of small sausages in the UK and Greggs sausage rolls.

I'm a ridiculously picky eater, plus I'm very plus-sized. Dream combination!

You and me both! Size 18-24 here!(Depending on the store)!

And butter is icky. My grandfather made a shrimp dish once using 2 sticks of butter!!!

Milk is one of the most disgusting things ever. >_<

Also, ham, mushrooms, sour cream, mustard, mayonnaise, pumpkin, pie, asparagus, brussel sprouts, sausages, and vegetarian meat substitutes.

Might edit in more if I think of some.

Milk is one of the most disgusting things ever. >_<

Also, ham, mushrooms, sour cream, mustard, mayonnaise, pumpkin, pie, asparagus, brussel sprouts, sausages, and vegetarian meat substitutes.

Might edit in more if I think of some.

Aaaaahhhh!!! Sour cream!!!! The horror!!!! The horror!!!! My dad smothers his pizza skins in sour cream. It doesn't even look like an appetizer anymore it just looks like a hunk of sour cream :sick01:

I also cannot stand the taste of mild buffalo wings. What's the point in getting them bland if they are suppose to be spicy?

i think yogurt is really disgusting, because really its just milk gone bad (why does it even have an expiry date?), and i also find milk gross, because im allergic to it, and also its just kind of wierd that we drink stuff thats for baby cows... its actually quite sick :sick01:

Yogurt is expired milk?? I didn't know that. o_O

About disgusting foods, I really hate bananas. There's not that many things out there that I dislike but bananas are one of those exceptions. Idk, I just think they smell bad and all. :sick01: My friends are always trying to make me eat one. My sister even got me a banana plushie just to see my reaction.

I also dislike peas, especially canned peas. They have a horrible flavor cooked or uncooked. xP

Like some other people, I dislike ketchup. When I was a picky eater as a child (I eventually grew out of it), I wouldn't try ketchup. Now, I've tried it, but I can't stand it. I don't think tomato and sugar go well together - and ketchup has A LOT of sugar. I also hate oranges but it's got nothing to do with the taste. It's the texture. I can't stand the texture. I also can't stand most sea foods.

I'm surprised that the thread creator commented on people asking why he doesn't like milk. I know of no one in my reality who likes it plan besides me! I used to prefer it over chocolate when I was younger! It's not a bad taste, goes well with cookies. I understand that the concept of milk drinking seems gross, but really, a lot of the stuff everyone eats everyday has weird/gross sounding things! Many cherry yogurts and juice boxes have 'carmine' in them, which is literally crushed up desert beetles! They add red colour. And some stuff has basically paper. If you like food, DO NOT look up what's commonly in the foods you eat. Keep in mind, carmine may be beetles, but it's heated to an extremely high temperature and ground up so finely you can't tell.

Anyway, sorry, my thoughts sort of go out there. But yes. It seems like EVERYONE loves ketchup. I'm also not a big fan of steak, which is something people find weird. I don't hate steak, I just don't care much for it anymore.

Like just about everyone above, I do not like the taste of milk at all, but I do like everything that is made from milk (cream, ice cream, cheese, butter, yogurt).

Other than milk, I really don't like potatoes at all. I will not eat mashed potatoes for any reason, and it is pretty rare that I will eat fries or potato chips. Those two ways of eating potato are only vaguely acceptable only because they taste more like fryer grease than potato.

I also don't like onions as a food, mostly because they give me heartburn. I'll eat them if they are cooked to death in something, but if I can identify them as onion, forget it! Oranges also give me heartburn, so I avoid them too. Artificial orange flavour is even more repulsive. I won't eat anything orange-flavoured.

Tex-Mex food is repulsive to me. Even the smell of tacos makes me feel sick.

There are other foods I don't really like that I will eat anyway, but I think these are all the foods I refuse to eat.

Oh man, there are so many. I'm weird though, so there are some foods I simply don't like, and other foods I am extremely phobic about. For example, I don't like cantaloupe, but if it's part of a fruit salad, I'll just eat around it. The foods I'm phobic about, cannot touch my plate, touch my food, or touch me! Like, there are foods I am physically frightened of because they just gross me out so much. I don't even want to look at cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and most inconveniently, any type of meat other than seafood. I actually don't like most seafood, but I'm not weird about it.

Like an earlier poster I hate ketchup! I avoid it like the plague.

Let's see what else... jello, haha. I was the weird kid who hated jello. I donno why. I'm not very fond of it.

I don't have issues with veggie meat replacements, considering I AM vegetarian, for the most part. (My boyfriend is mostly vegetarian, but he eats meat on occasion, so sometimes I swipe some off his plate.)

I gag when I eat canned green beans.

Didn't know there was so much milk haters here. guess a few are just lactose intolerant?

I don't really like tomatoes as itself much, however, I do love it when it's made into a condiment.

I couldn't stand the smell of vegetables which I ate in rice yesterday, so I put up more curry to cover the scent.

I don't know about the taste of ginger, but it really does smell unpleasant. (same applies for shrimp paste, you can smell it all around the room :sick01: )

I like certain things when they're crunchy, take french fries an example, I also like the taste of baked beans, but too bad they get soft.

I remember that one time when I ate Seaweed Nori flavored chips, for some awkward reasons, it makes me dizzy thinking about it.

I eat almost everything. I´m the opposite of a picky eater ^_^

I love raw paprika but hate them cooked / grilled / roasted /baked / ......... Nobody will ever understand that :D

Oh and olives. Horror!! :sick01:

The only thing I will not eat is cooked or stuffed mushrooms. I tried it. It causes me to throw up, gag and lots of other gross stuff.

I am in love with milk though. =D I drink it every day and have to buy a new jug of milk every couple days.

I used to hate tomatoes but now love them on my sandwiches and such.

I guess there's not much I don't like.

Another food I detest is popcorn. The smell is just enough to overwhelm my senses. I do like kettle corn though. It's the buttered or artificially buttered stuff I think is gross.

I have noticed that a lot of people here don't like raw tomatoes. I'm kind of the opposite. I love raw tomatoes, but I don't like cooked tomatoes, like tomato sauce, salsa, ketchup, tomato soup, or any hot food that has tomato in it.

I also forgot that I don't really like eggs. I love the smell of cooked eggs, but eating them grosses me out a bit. I like stuff made with egg, like French toast or custard.

I have noticed that a lot of people here don't like raw tomatoes. I'm kind of the opposite. I love raw tomatoes, but I don't like cooked tomatoes, like tomato sauce, salsa, ketchup, tomato soup, or any hot food that has tomato in it.

I also forgot that I don't really like eggs. I love the smell of cooked eggs, but eating them grosses me out a bit. I like stuff made with egg, like French toast or custard.

See, I'm the same way with milk. You couldn't pay me to drink a full glass of milk. I like cheese, yogurt, and ice cream when it's okay to have it

My New Years resolution is to eat as healthy as possible :D

I don't like cheese on its own (unless it's shredded mozzarella), anything containing cream cheese (especially cheesecake), ketchup, eggs, mustard, pickles, most pork products, mayonnaise, sour cream, bananas, raw anything, and anything overly rich and/or sweet.

I seem to be one of the only people here who actually likes milk (unless it's really liquidy). I have at least one or two glasses every day.

I'm not picky as in I'll try anything, and I would like to eat all foods, but most foods I can't even force myself to choke down. I'm really strange when it comes to textures. I can't eat anything with a gross texture (textures like tomatoes or any sauce with chunks of anything in it). So I can't eat most fruits or vegetables, and I have to strain all the sauce I cook with or else I can't eat it. Also can't stand anything with nuts in it. Aside from that I'm picky with everything I eat or else I seem to get very sick eating. I can't stand to eat anything that tastes processed, which seems to be the most popular among sweets and boxed and bagged things. Though occasionally I'll have a taste for fast food. Tastes great while I'm eating it then tastes like cardboard after I'm done eating it, or if I eat it too often. :sick01: I can also get grossed out very easily from chicken and beef so I'm very picky about where it comes from.

So, yes, I don't like tons of foods lol. I really wish I did, as some smell so incredibly good, but then I just can't force myself to eat them because of texture. I sure know what you mean about not liking common foods though. I've never really liked pizza, juice of any kind, or pie, never been a fan of ice cream, which everyone else seems to like, and people seem to not understand why. Just this year I've acquired a taste for a couple specific types of pizza from a specific place but that's a first. I really like milk, but only whole milk, I think skim milk tastes disgusting.