What is your non-digital hobby?

Khalon

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ultimate hobby is freshwater fishkeeping. I have over 70 fish and still collecting, and I also keep aquatic frogs and snails. Along with that I love aquascaping, which is like landscaping except with aquatic plants and other elements such as driftwood, in fish tanks. Then I'm into equestrian sports, which of course doubles as a hobby most of the time, I do dressage and English pleasure, although my passion is in eventing. I enjoy trail riding as well but with my horse it's more like cross country lol.

Then as for my smaller hobbies I'm into painting (especially painting fish! LOL), card making, yoga, spending time with my cats, walking my dog through trails, and watching anime (that counts, right? :P)

My hobbies include collecting plushies/Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards/guitar picks. Playing the guitar, sketching, and writing stories are some of my other hobbies but I haven't had time for them because of school. :sad02:

omg. i think i have no life and that my hobbies are basically digital.

a few years back like in early high school late elementary, i liked coding.

then in high school i got into photography and digitally enhancing picture.

that transitioned into video making thus making a youtube channel would be ideal

going to university no time for videos so i game online a lot.

@_________________@

Well, I don't really do much xD But I do like to collect glass figurines and Pokemon cards. I just love glass figurines. Some are super pretty. (I'll have to maybe get some pictures of my collection one of these days!)

My current hobbies for non-digital type would be reading novels (though I don't have much time for now), drawing and making sweets.

Reading for sure...I love getting a new book at the library, bc bookstores can get expensive. I'm currently reading Atonement bc I love the movie and I'm supposed to start Eat, Pray, Love bc I'm just so curious about more about that lady's life than the movie could include. A non movie book that was my favorite this year was The Calligrapher's Secret and I would definitely recommend it. If someone likes Nicholas Sparks books then I would recommend Violets of March by Sarah Jio. It's written in that same format.

• 1 month later...

Horses!

I've been riding my entire life (thanks to my mom having grown up with horses as well, and my aunt still living on their childhood farm). I got my own horse when I was 11 and she was 3, and I've trained her myself from just-saddle broke through being able to event at the Novice level (that's roughly upper-Training level dressage, plus jumping 3' stadium and cross country courses). We're actually planning our first Novice show season right now (we were going to start last year, but had a hurricane our show weekend...) at 19 and 12 (respectively).

She's a 14.3hh Paint x Quarter Horse mare named Dash. (Show name is forever in the process....) We've finished every event we've entered.  c:  If anyone else here rides, I'm in USEA Area I or II (depending on if I'm at home or school)!

Photos of me & my girlie: http://paints-go-xc....d/thekendrafeed

So I don't really have hobbies I don't think. I don't know. I like reading, but don't get the chance unless it's summer. Other than that I really enjoy sports (I wish I played more, but I didn't start young enough) and exercising. I like hanging out with my friends too. I used to do dog agility with my dog Clifford (he passed away about 2 weeks ago :'( ).

Sorry to hear about your dog, Trig. :( My main focus is my dog... I don't know if that counts as a hobby, but she's an important part of my life and other people have mentioned their pets so I'm going to say that too.

I love singing (as long as no one else is listening) and listening to all kinds of music for hours on end. I enjoy reading a lot, but don't read as often as I used to. I used to write short stories, poetry, and song lyrics but it's all taken a bit of a back-burner recently. A lot of my hobbies are digital related, I guess.

Thanks :) Yeah. He was my baby and best friend for 10.5 years, so it was very difficult. I got over it much quicker once he had passed away because I knew he was in a better place, but we found out he had cancer about a week before and that was a terribly heartbreaking week for me filled with lots of crying. I still miss him though, he was the best <3

I also like singing when no one is listening- although sometimes I'll sing with my boyfriend, or quietly with my mom or dad.

I can't really consider cooking & baking a hobby. Technically it's my job, but I enjoy it outside work too! Shopping is a bad hobby that really shouldn't even be a hobby. When time permits I really love going river rafting and bungee jumping. :) Eating out is also a big thing for me - always somewhere new to get delicious noms!

Also, I am a closet crocheter. My friends will never let me live this down. :P

I can't really consider cooking & baking a hobby. Technically it's my job, but I enjoy it outside work too! Shopping is a bad hobby that really shouldn't even be a hobby. When time permits I really love going river rafting and bungee jumping. :) Eating out is also a big thing for me - always somewhere new to get delicious noms!

Also, I am a closet crocheter. My friends will never let me live this down. :P

I would also consider shopping a hobby of mine- heh, but it shouldn't be! If I lived in an area, and hand the funds to go river rafting and bungee jumping you better believe I'd do that! I also like playing sports- although I'm not the best. I've always wanted to learn how to knit- I did for a while, but it was too tedious and I didn't have enough time.

I would also consider shopping a hobby of mine- heh, but it shouldn't be! If I lived in an area, and hand the funds to go river rafting and bungee jumping you better believe I'd do that! I also like playing sports- although I'm not the best. I've always wanted to learn how to knit- I did for a while, but it was too tedious and I didn't have enough time.

I used to live in a small town in New Zealand where outdoor activities were basically the only things you could do for entertainment...and because I was a chef there I got a decent discount off most of the stuff my hotel offered - so I had fun :D Now that I live in NY and am flat broke, there isn't much jumping off cliffs and bridges for me! :( I would love to do it again some time though - as I'm horrible at sports (I have three left feet) it's the only real "action" I ever get :P

My hobbies are reading and writing... and I play my cello whenever I have time and it's at my house. As for the outdoors, I like riding horses and 4-wheeling, but mostly I stay inside, because I have neither the horse nor the money to do those. =D

I also like singing when no one is listening- although sometimes I'll sing with my boyfriend, or quietly with my mom or dad.

I also like singing, but only in the shower, when i feel like no one can hear me. ^_^

I also like singing, but only in the shower, when i feel like no one can hear me. ^_^

To be honest, I've never been a shower singer. I think I've done it maybe 3 or 4 times, but I'm not habitual about it. I need music in order to sing :)

My only major hobbies are sewing and drawing.

But I also quite like traditional gaming, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the Gathering, YuGiOh and the like.

I also want to learn to play violin, but I'm not sure where I'd find a tutor/lessons.

I really like hanging out with my BF and friends :) but my hobby is Postcrossing I guess! Really like it :D

Ohh I also like to be creatieve, just to print some photo's and to put them in a album or something. And my main hobby is just animals, I love them! At home we take care of 5 pet rats and we have had a lót of animals at home! I studied for veterinarian assistent, managing animal care and the study I am following on this moment is about Managing Animal Health Care! I just really like it :) I <3 animals!

I would love to play keyboard, but I just don't have time and money for it!