NAY for 3-D movies

Angeló

I've only watched 3 movies in 3-D so far

Alice in Wonderland

How To Train Your Dragon

Pirates of the Caribbean 4

I wasn't very impressed with 3-D .. it adds nothing of value to my viewing experience ... on the contrary .. I find myself suffering a horrible headache afterwards ... not to mention it's not very "revolutionary" ... Caption Eo was released what .. 25 years ago ??! ... plus , I can't interact with my friends/girlfriend anymore ... or look at them while watching ... not to mention holding my gf ;) lol ...

In my opinion , it's just a new way of extortion by inflating ticket prices and selling 3-D glasses ..

I only saw one movie in 3D... Toys Story 3.

I wasn't super impressed with the 3D in the movie either, and it did give me a headache and a hard time to breathe because I wear regular glasses underneath the theater's 3D ones.

It seems like the 3D is not super amazing yet. Not like some kind of experience you can live in a theme park. The one attraction I have in mind is Spider Man in Island of Adventure in Orlando. I was there a couple year ago, and it was purely amazing.

It's also different when I watch the one blu-ray that I have in 3D at home... and when we watch the hockey game in 3D this winter. That was far more impressive than in theater. I wonder why.

I'm pretty sure 3-D is for kids, and the only time I prefer it is on a theme park ride, I don't think many adults enjoy it very much, I prefer it the old ordinary way I think it detracts from the actual movie. Kinda makes it seem cheesier. But, that is just me.

I've seen...three or four 3D movies so far...well, I don't have any eye problems or anything, but 3D movies give me a HUGE headache. That's been happening ever since I was 11 or so.

Honestly, I don't see why people above the age of nine decide to see 3D movies. They're really nothing special. *shrug*

(It wasn't my choice to go see the 3D movie when I was 11- it was for a class trip. D:)

I have seen over 10 movies in 3D... I kinda like it... The only thing that I don't like is when they purposely make scenes where stuff is just popping out... The most recent movie in 3D I have seen is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. It was amazing... And since I saw it in 2D and 3D I can say that it really adds depth to it... Also, I would rather see it in 3D than this new thing my theater is doing, called D-box which "moves" with the movie. I sat behind the chairs the time I saw it in 3D and I have to say that ruins the movie. When something exploded, you got titled backwards, your chair vibrated... My dad and I could feel them vibrating the whole time... It makes the movie an attraction... and the tickets cost

D-Box Adult 3D: $20.50

D-Box Senior 3D: $17.50

D-Box Child 3D: $17.50

while plain 3D costs:

Adult: $12.50

Child: $9.50

3D Senior: $9.50

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's not a fan of this whole 3D craze. I'd much rather see things in 2D. And I find the pricing ridiculous. Not sure about theaters where everyone else lives but they also make you buy a pair of glasses here every time you see a 3D movie which I think is a bit ridiculous.

Personally I don't mind the actual movie being in 3D (as long as there are ample 3D scenes) but after I come out from a 3D movie my eyes just turn painfully red! I look like I've been crying the whole time :D

Here in Australia there's not much price difference - around $3 or so more for 3D than normal.

But unfortunately the more engrossed I am in the movie the less I notice the 3D effects :worried:

I'm pretty sure they put a lot of movies in 3D simply for the fact that they can charge almost double for them. I'll see it in 3D if that's all the theatre is offering and I'm really stoked to see it and want to see it the first week it's released. If not, I'll wait a couple weeks until something else comes out in 3D and whatever I wanted to see is moved into a regular theatre. I'm from a pretty small town and we only have 1 3D projector in our theatre and 6 normal 2D ones. usually A 3D movie plays for 1 week in 3D then 2D for the rest of the time it's in the theatre. I'm with Angelo. I find myself getting headaches (though the new black glasses are MUCH better than the old blue and red ones) and the glasses are always WAY too big and keep sliding off my face. It detracts more from the movie than it adds.

I think 3D is for kids, like Jeanie said. When my sister was little, we took her to see something in 3D that had bubbles and she stood on her chair and tried to catch the bubbles. it was cute xD

I've seen a few 3-D movies recently and they have almost no 3-D effect! Its a just a waste of money. I mean, its like your just staring at a 2-D movie waiting for something unexpected to happen like something jumping out at you. But no, you just watch a normal movie.

Yeah, I think 3-D is only for kids. I used to like them a lot when I was a kid too. :)