Five Letter Logic

Parry

Well, there was a lot of info in those 2 clues! I couldn't come up with anything using either ---TE- or ----ER that included a P and an O in new positions, which really left ---T-R, and if it wasn't an E between them, it pretty much had to be an O. And with a P in second or third, and the last word being KESTREL... yeah, made it pretty easy.

New word: 6 letters.

Spring is here, a-spuh-ring is here! Life is skittles and life is beer! (Skip a bit, Brother Maynard.)

All the world seems in tune on a spring afternoon when we're poisoning

PIGEON

s in the park!

(Long setup for a guess, I know, but had to be done anyway.)

And with a P in second or third, and the last word being KESTREL... yeah, made it pretty easy.

That's not how I picked RAPTOR, sadly...you don't want to know how I picked the word RAPTOR.

Except now you do.

Basically, there's one of those "Worst Book Covers" things going around, and really, the titles are worse than the covers. One of them was about raptors. You really don't want to know more than that. Or, more accurately, I really don't want to post more about it on a clean, family-friendly site.

Anyway, someone posted it with "Extra credit to anyone who comes up with plots for one of these!" so I spent several HOURS thoroughly enjoying myself writing plots for the first twenty or so. One of my plots was actually so good I'm considering writing it. The bad news is, I have to change the names of the characters, which is part of what the plot revolved around, because that would actually be stealing from that author.