Pokemon Roleplay

khaos

<Yay! I'm glad you like it! :D>

Manta sighed. "Man, battling is pointless. This is why I'd rather be a researcher," she said morosely.

"So, shall we head onwards to Petalburg?" she asked the group.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syrin snatched the Pokeball up from Vixen and put it with the others.

"I'm ready to move on when you guys are. And Manta, when this Team Rocket business is over, maybe you should look into the research field. You sure get to travel a lot."

"Though I wish I knew what I wanted to do after this," she thought sadly.

Picking up Vixen, Syrin looked towards Javi and Ryan.

"Do you think they're ready to go," she asked Manta, "or are they wanting to battle first?"

< this is kinda going downhill. :/ Let's finish the 4th pokemon RP this time, ok? >

"I'm ready. So is Ryan. Why do you think battling is pointless, Manta?" asked Javi while walking with the rest of the group. "I mean, it's not like you don't accomplish anything, your pokemon gets a level closer to evolution, and eventually, level 100!"

<How is this going downhill? We're still moving along :rolleyes_anim: It's moving a little slower because we're not all online at the same time. And the problem with finishing it is that there's not much of a plot in the first place :guiltysmiley:

Anyway, I'm gonna try to keep us moving>

"I guess we're moving along then," Manta said, and started to walk along the path.

Looking at Javi, she shrugged. "It's pointless because you don't really learn anything from it. I dunno...Yeah, you get your Pokemon to level 100, and then what? And what did you really accomplish? You fought against your friends and beat up Zigzagoons over and over. You don't learn anything from it. It seems like a waste of time to me. I'd rather be out in the field, studying a Pokemon's habits, rather than whacking some low-level Pokemon repeatedly or fighting my friends," she explained while they walked.

Soon enough, Petalburg City came into view.

"Short route," commented Manta. "Let's look for information at the Pokemon Center before we move on to the Forest."

She entered the Pokemon Center, and left Surskit and Heracross to be healed, while speaking to Nurse Joy and the other people relaxing on the couches.

"Yeah, Rocket's been through here," commented one man. "They tried to take my beloved Igglybuff."

"I've seen more injured Pokemon than ever," said Nurse Joy, worry etched into her features. "Team Rocket's abuse of Pokemon is just heartbreaking."

"I just came through Petalburg Woods," a girl told Manta, "and there were a bunch of low-ranking Rocket members hanging around, waiting to ambush people. I didn't like the looks of it, so I took a shortcut out of there with my Shroomish."

Manta wiped a hand across her forehead.

"Alright, looks like we've got to head to the Woods. I'm ready to go when you guys are."

Syrin looked around the Pokemon Center. Seeing that Manta seemed to have the interrogation process covered, she left Vixen with Nurse Joy and wandered outside.

She released Papilio from his Pokeball and he fluttered around her happily.

"Hey, Papilio. Since you don't need healing right now, I'm gonna send you on a little mission, okay??

Papillio trilled happily, nodding his head.

"I want you to fly around over Petalburg Woods. Try and get just close enough to treetops that you can see in, because I know its dark down there.

Reaching into her satchel, Syrin pulled out a small collar with a device on the front.

"Here," she said, affixing the collar around her Beautifly's neck, "my dad gave this to me before I left home. He was reporter for the TV station and says this PokeCam was the best way to get aerial footage in dangerous places."

She hugged Papillio softly.

"Be safe and don't let the Rockets see you, ok?"

Papillio trilled again and took off west towards the Woods.

Syrin ran back inside to inform the others of her plan, so they wouldn't be entering the Woods blind.

Manta listened as Syrin told the group about her plan.

"Good thinking," she said, nodding in agreement. "When Ryan and Javi are ready, we can all head out." A bell rang from the counter, and Manta went to retrieve her Pokemon.

"I'm going to do a little more training," she added, walking out the door. "We can all meet up at the entrance to the Petalburg Woods."

Leaving the town, Manta noticed that the citizens had a wary look to them, as if they were anticipating an attack any moment. She sighed. Team Rocket spread fear wherever they went; it was past time that they be eliminated. The last time they'd been challenged, everyone thought they were gone for good, but Team Rocket continued to spread like a plague.

Outside the city, the trainers were just as wary. Manta challenged a Youngster named Billy to a Pokemon battle, though his Pokemon were of a lower level than she expected. He was defeated quickly, and Manta was able to level Surskit up to 11. Wandering around on the beach, she spotted something shiny in the sand. It was a Heart Scale! Manta reached out to grab it, when suddenly she was attacked by a Taillow.

"Go Wakizashi!" she cried out, tossing the Poke Ball in the air. "Use Horn Attack!" Heracross bounded across the sand and struck the Bird Pokemon head-on. "A critical hit!" The Taillow fell to the ground, defeated, and Manta was able to retrieve the Heart Scale.

"This will come in handy," she said, pocketing the Scale. "Let's go challenge some more Trainers. I don't like battling, but maybe if I beat these guys, they'll give us information. Plus we'll need to be stronger to beat the Rockets." Wakizashi nodded in agreement, and they continued to head towards Petalburg Woods.

Picking up Vixen from Nurse Joy, Syrin left the PokeCenter and headed west towards the Woods.

She let Vixen down near the tall grass, keeping an eye skyward for Papilio and watching Manta battle a young trainer.

Suddenly, she heard Vixen let out a muffled yelp. She turned to see Vixen, mouth clamped down on a Marill's tail.

"Vixen! That's not an Oran Berry, it's a Marill!" She raced over to Vixen, ready for battle.

"Drop that Marill's tail and use Quick Attack!"

As Vixen launched into an attack, Syrin scanned the Marill with her PokeDex.

"It's a level 12, Vixen, so be careful to avoid it's water gun."

The Marill fell back as Vixen's Quick Attack connected, but it bounced back quickly.

Marill reared back, ready to launch water at Vixen.

"Vixen, dodge it and Quick Attack again, followed with a Tackle!"

Marill launched a Water Gun as Vixen jumped to the side. She jumped into Marill full force and hit again before it could get back up.

Seeing it was dazed, Syrin threw a Pokeball at.

It shook once. Then twice. Syrin held her breath as it shook again and the light flashed.

"Yes! Well Vixen, it looks like you have a new friend."

She released the Marill from the Pokeball, giving her a once-over.

"Mairin. How does that sound?"

Marill looked at her quizzically and made a soft noise of approval.

"Mairin it is!"

(How is it going downhill? And why would we end it? )

While everyone else did their business with training and catching new pokemon, Ryan walked off and did some training of his own.

He stopped in a grassy area not far off and htrw two pokeballs up in the air. "Ralts, Mudkip, lets go!" And both pokemon appeared on the ground.

"Were gonna do a little training and get you two used to eachother. Mudkip, water gun! Ralts, dodge!"

The water attack shot through where Ralts was standing just a second before. Mudkip looked confused as Ralts had disapeared.

So it knows teleport... Hm. Ryan thought. "Ralts, tackle!" And Ralts jumped up from it had been laying a little bit away from Mudkip and brought the other pokemon down. "Mudkip, water gun! Ralts, teleport again, then tackle!!' This time though, Mudkip was faster and Ralts was sent flying into the air from the impact. Midair the physcic pokemon disolved and reappeared over Mudkip, falling and landing on top of the confused pokemon.

"Okay guys, finish this battle yourself." Ryan said.

Ralts immediatley sprang forward and tried to tackle Mudkip again but Mudkip rolled aside and tackled Ralts as it landed where Mudkip shouldve been. Ralts immediatley disappeared, but Mudkip was ready and turned upwards just in time to use waer gun. The Ralts disapeared in the air again, and reappeared somewhere nearby. It stumbled and collapsed.

"Enough" Ryan said. He pulled a revive out and fed it to Ralts then returned it to its pokeball.

"Nice battle, Ralts. Same to you Mudkip"

Ryan glanced over at Javi. "Yeah i'm ready" He returned Mudkip to its pokeball and joined the group.

Syrin rejoined the group just outside the woods, Mairin and Vixen running along beside. She called Mairin back into her Pokeball just as Papilio descended, looking a bit worse for wear.

"Papilio! Are you okay?"

She examined him, seeing only a few small scrapes and fed him an Oran Berry she'd picked off a nearby plant. She unhooked the camera device from his collar and plugged into her PokeGear, watching the video and showing it to the others.

"There are a lot of Rocket Grunts in there, most of them are hiding in the trees. It seems like they're waiting until a trainer is alone and ambushing them, like the man in Oldale said."

She looked closer at the footage.

"It also seems like they're blocking the Woods exit and they don't all look like Grunts, either. We better be prepared for a tough battle in there, gang."

She patted Papilio on the head for a job well done and let him rest in his Pokeball, leaving the collar attached but keeping the camera connected to her PokeGear.

"Maybe a bit more training on the way wouldn't be bad idea.

Hey, i've got a new technique i'm working on with Ralts. Anyone up for a quick battle?" Ryan asked. He got Ralts out of its pokeball and used a potion to get it back to full health.

<Ryan, where'd you get a revive from? they aren't stocked at these Poke Marts yet :P>

Manta was relaxing by a tree outside the Petalburg Woods when she saw the group members approaching. While waiting for them, Surskit had reached level 12 and Heracross reached level 13, learning Aerial Ace. Rich Boy Winston had told her in a sniffy tone that "those accursed Rockets went by, and got dirt all over my clean suit!", so Manta was ready to take them on in the forest.

"Hey guys, we all ready?" she asked everyone. "There's Rockets in the Woods for sure, so we've got to be careful. It's like a maze in there, so we'll have to stick together."

<haha I guess a revive is okay, just don't go pulling masterballs out :laughingsmiley: >

"Rockets might not be good training, but we need to get rid of them," Manta said with a laugh. She walked into the forest, and as her eyes adjusted to the gloom, she noticed a lack of Pokemon among the trees.

"Looks like they've already been through this way, and took the Pokemon as well," she noted. "I can't see too well though, do any of you guys see any Rockets?"

Ryan paused. There was a thud and he bent down to pick up the pokeballs he had dropped everywhere. "Manta, care to help me real quick?" He said. He sneaked a glance around at the trees as he slowly picked up the items. He picked up one pokeball specifically and kept it in his hand.

(Oh fine then... -gets rid of masterball with a Mewthree in it-)

<We should check under the truck for Mew! ;)>

"Sure, Ryan," Manta responded, and knelt on the leaf-covered forest floor. She gathered up a handful of Pokeballs and gave them all to Ryan.

(Oooooh theres a truck!? 8D )

"Thanks" He said. In a lower voice he added "Mmkay, looks like theres 4 total. Theyre clustered in the trees over to the right. Probably waiting for any trainers dumb enough to walk by this way." He took another glance. "Theyre moving. Get a pokemon ready and wait for them to get a little bit closer." He stood up. "Wonder whats keeping Javi and Syrim..." he said louder than need be.

There was a snap like someone had stepped on a twig and in a minute Ralts was out. "Teleport and tackle!" And in a second there was a loud thud from the bushes nearby and Ralts reappeared a moment later, running from a Poocheyena and a much slower Wurmple.

"Ready, Manta?" Ryan asked.

Syrin entered the Woods with her companions, eyes having trouble adjusting to the darkness.

"I could have Vixen use Ember, but I'm afraid the whole forest would go up in flames. Not to mention it would alert the Rockets to our position."

She picked up Vixen so she wouldn't lose track of her.

"I don't see any Rockets, but I can't really see much of anything to begin with."

"Syrim, there you are.Ready?" He asked.

Two more Rocket pokemon came out, another Poocheyena and a Tailow. They were followed by 3 trainers.

A fourth stood back with a slightly different outfit and a Great ball in his hand.

Manta quietly released Heracross from his Pokeball, and tried to look around.

"We'll take the Poochyena," she said confidently. "Wakizashi, use Aerial Ace!" Heracross charged the Poochyena and knocked the small Pokemon over.

"Arrgh, we're being attacked!" shouted a Rocket.

"Let's go, guys! Get 'em!" Manta called out, and sent out Surskit as well. A Taillow was sneaking up on them, and Surskit let out a peep of distress before unleashing a Bubble attack.

"I'll take the other Poocheyena and the Wurmple. Syrin, feel free to join in." He said before having Ralts use confusion on the Wurmple. It began staggering around and shooting string shot in various directions.

He thew out another pokeball. "Mudkip, water gun!" he yelled and as Mudkip appeared in midair he shot a jet of water that caught the Poocheyenas flank.

The wurmple finally got a shot in and hit Mudkip with string shot just as he landed. The poocheyena bit Ralts. Ralts let out a squeal of pain and used teleport.

"Ralts, tackle! Mudkip, water gun!" the two attacks were coordinated well and Ralts teleported off of the Poocheyena just as the water gun hit. The rocket pokemon fainted.

Next was the still-confused wurmple. A few tackles and it went down as well.

Ralts went up to lvl. 11 and Mudkip went up to lvl. 13

"Great now wheres Javi? Theres still the 4th Rocket to deal with" Ryan muttered as he returned Ralts to its pokeball.

"Vixen, let's get that Wurmple! Use Quick Attack and knock him out!"

Vixen yipped loudly and ran into the Wurmple. The weak worm Pokemon was knocked out instantly.

Releasing Mairin, Syrin took a stance near the second Poochyena.

"Let's see what you can do Mairin! Water Gun that Poochyena and follow up with Tackle."

The Rocket Grunt ignored the fainted Wurmple and called out, "Poochyena, use Bite if you know whats good for ya."

The Poochyena ignored the Grunt, getting hit full-force with Mairin's water gun. It was becoming dazed as Mairin hit it with Tackle.

"You're useless, Poochyena," the Grunt called as he ran off.

Syrin knelt down and picked up the 20 Pokedollars he dropped as he ran.

<Side note: I'm on a slow computer connection, so I won't be as quick for battling today. Also, I just realized that, since we're in Hoenn, I'd probably have a PokeNav, not Pokegear . . . so just pretend that's what I said before :P>

EDIT: Also pretend that another Wurmple & Poochyena appeared! XD

(Lets just say there were six pokemon total. xP)

Ryan faced the last Rocket member as the rest ran off. "You're turn." he said.

The Rocket member calmy took three pokeballs off of a shiny belt he had and released a Beautify, a Dustox, and Raichu.

"I'll take the Raichu I guess" Said Ryan. He called back Mudkip and sent out Fang.

"I'll take the Dustox then!" Javi said as he emerged from another tree. "Horsea, come on out here! Water Gun!"

Edit: K, i dont take the dustox. Ninja'd :P

Manta, page 4. I got the Horsea somewhere there, I think. Post #78.