Pokemon Roleplay

khaos

Ryan shrugged. "Types dont mean too much when the pokemon are this young. All I had to do was avoid using water gun."

He looked around a moment. "You were up against a ralts, correct? Do those appear a lot in this area?"

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<I need sleep soon xD one more post for the night! :D>

Manta watched the tiny worm Pokemon as it made soft cooing noises, and giggled.

"I'm not very good at nicknames," she admitted. "A wakizashi is a kind of blade, and Heracross is my blade." Shrugging, she reached into her pack and pulled out an Oran Berry. Eagerly, Heracross took the fruit and began to munch happily. Manta smiled at her Pokemon as it ate the Berry.

"You don't even have to name it right away," she suggested. "Wait till the proper name comes to you." Manta smiled lazily and looked around at the other Trainers.

"For now, I plan to find out what's going on with Team Rocket," said the girl confidently. "I'm going to travel to Rustboro City; they may have heard some news. You guys are welcome to join me."

< replying to Ryan >

"No, not really, they come from a bit past Oldale town, the next town. Abra appears a bit here, did you want to use a psychic type? " Javi gasps. If that grunt had a Ralts, they must of come from Oldale town! What if they're attacking there, too?!" Javi runs toward Oldale Town as fast as he could. "Oh no, a Sentret! It looks mad..."

<I'm heading to bed myself, so this will be my last post for the evening too>

Syrin picked up the small Wurmple and scratched his head as he cooed.

"I guess you guys are right. I'll name him when the time feels right. As for me, I'll go along with you, Manta. I'm curious to see what these guys are up to and if we're the first attack they've made."

Syrin turned to Javi and Ryan and called to them.

"That was a great battle, Ryan. When you guys are done talking, you're welcome to join us on our journey."

Suddenly, Javi and Ryan take off towards Oldale Town. Syrin turned back to Manta.

"Guess we'll catch up with them later."

Ryan considered that for a moment. More grunts meant Mudkip would evolve faster. "Hey, i'll meet you there!" He yelled at Javi.

With that he began walking towards the town. Not before a Poocheyena popped out though. He barely had time to get Mudkip out before the small dog pokemon pounced. Mudkip intercepted and they bouth hit the ground hard. "Mudkip, water gun!" and immediatley a jet of water hit the Poocheyena straight in the chest. It staggered back. Before it could return the attack a pokeball bounced off its forehead and it disapeared inside.

It flashed once as Mudkip slowly stood up.

It flashed twice as Ryan walked closer.

There was a pause... And it flashed the third time. Ryan left another berry on the ground for Mudkip and walked over to pick up his newest team member.

After a momentary pause to name the new pokemon 'Fang' they were on the road again.

Trainer Things

Name: Raj

Pokemon: Charmander

Age(optional): 13

Good or Bad: BAD :D

Pokemon Things

Nickname(optional):

If i'm still allowed to join. :O

"Grr... Fine then! Scyther, Quick Attack!" Scyther came out of it's pokeball and hit Sentret hard. Sentret looked furious! "SENTRET!!!" An angry Sentret cried. It counter attacked. "What!! How is it using SLASH!!??" Javi heard a thump next to him. Wait, Slash is a breeding move. which means Sentret got released by a trainer or it ran off.. "Scyther, Quick Attack!" Javi got out his pokeball. "Pokeball, don't fail me now!!" Sentret got knocked away by Scyther while Javi threw the ball. Sentret looked tired as the ball hit it. It went inside the ball, so it obviously got released. Javi carefully stepped towards the ball. "One, two, three... Yes! Caught it! Now, off to see what Team Rocket is doing!"

After a few more battles where a tailow and wurmple were both dispatched, Ryan and his lvl. 12 Mudkip walked into Odale town.

He took a quick stop at the poke center, then bought some things from the pokemart, and walked back to the entrance of the town to wait for Javi.

Javi ran to the poke-center, hoping to heal his new pokemon. He healed them, and went outside. "Hey, Ryan! There is a Team Rocket member over there, looks like he is fighting a wild Totodile. I get him, you get the grunt hiding in THE TREE OVER THERE."

'So you saw me, eh?" Said the grunt in the tree.

Ryan glanced over. "Suprised you noticed him before I did." And with that he walked over and chucked the pokeball with Fang inside it up in the tree. There was aloud thud and the grunt fell out with a Poocheyena on top of him. A second later the pokeball came down and bounced a few inches from his face.

Fang backed off and the grunt stood, dusted himself, then released his lvl. 10 Tailow.

"Fang, bite." The Poocheyena grabbed a hold of the Tailow before anyone could react and the Grunt hurriedly ordered wing attack to be used. Fang was sent flying back and landed in a heap of fur. He slowly stood and at Ryans call tackled the bird pokemon before it could flutter away. The bird pokemon wiggled out from under Fang. "USE PECK YOU STUPID TAILOW" and a half-hearted attack was used that Fang easily dodged.

"Bite" Ryan said. In a moment it was over and the grunt agnrily ran off.

ooc/ Going to bed. 'Night,.

Standing at the town's edge with Manta, Syrin heard a rustling in the nearby tall grass.

"What's out there?" Syrin asked, stepping forward to investigate. A wild Zigzagoon leapt out in front of her, fur bristled and ready for battle.

"Wurmple, it isn't safe for you out here yet. Get into this Pokeball for now."

Syrin held one of her Pokeballs up to Wurmple and pressed the button, allowing him to enter it and avoid more damage from battle.

Vixen stepped out in front of Syrin, ready to defend her master.

"Vixen," Syrin cautioned, scanning the wild Zigzagoon with her PokeDex, "that Zigzagoon is pretty strong for a wild. It may have been released by a trainer or escaped from one of the Rockets, so be careful."

Turning back towards Manta, she called, "We may need you and Wakazashi for this one. I don't think we can handle him by ourselves."

Manta nodded, and Wakizashi moved into a battle stance.

"I suspect the Rockets tried to capture him, so he's more wary than a normal wild Pokemon," she observed. "Wakizashi, on guard. He's gonna hit first." Heracross lowered his horn and held his arms out. The Zizagoon growled and charged Wakizashi. Small as it was, it was able to slip under Wakizashi's guard, and hit him head-on. Staggering from the force of the attack, Heracross was flung backward and lay in the grass.

"Damn, he's been stunned," she said, frustrated. "Syrin, can you move Vixen in while Wakizashi recovers for a moment?"

Javi scurried to the Team Rocket member. "Wait, this guy looks stronger than the rest of them!"

"Huhuhuhu, you're right. Heeheehee!!! I am above all grunts and below all admins."

"Oh? So this might prove to be an interesting battle."

"Sentret, come on out!!"

"What!? But..Grr..Go Sentret!!

"Wha? He has one, too?!" said Javi. "Sentret, Slash!!" "Sentret, dodge and use quick attack!" cried the Rocket.

The grunt's sentret was slower than Javi's. Slash hit an did a devistating amount of damage.

"Sentret, you're weak!"

Sentret looked toward the Rocket. "Sentret, Quick Attack!" The Sentret just stared at it's owner. "S-sentret?"

The Rocket's sentret Quick Attacked its owner and made it run off.

Hahaha, that was awesome.

"Sentret, looks like we won this battle," said Javi.

"Sure thing, Manta! Vixen, Quick Attack that Zigzagoon and knock it off balance!"

Vixen rushed forward and hit the Zigzagoon dead on, knocking it back into the grass.

It seemed it might be down for the count, but within seconds, it was back on its feet and poised for another attack.

"Looks like its gonna try and tackle you, Vixen. Be ready to dodge and launch an Ember attack at it!"

The Ziazagoon rushed at Vixen but she was prepared and leapt above it. Turning quickly, she sprayed flames at the Zigzagoon.

As the flames surrounded it, Syrin called out to Manta.

"It's on the ropes, Manta. Want Wakazashi to go for the final blow?"

<Raj, feel free to jump in whenever! I'd love to see more people in this RP.>

"We're on it!" Manta looked at Wakizashi, who slowly got to his feet. He shook his head a few times to clear himself, and then charged the Zigzagoon.

"Horn Attack!" Wakizashi jabbed at the Zigzagoon with his horn, and sent the small Pokemon flying. Crack! It hit a tree and slumped to the ground. Wakizashi wiped his brow, and Manta laughed at the very human gesture. "Hera!" he called triumphantly.

"Good battle!" said Manta. "Even your Wurmple got a bit of experience there." She looked around the area. "I don't see any more Rockets...hopefully Javi and Ryan took care of a few." Turning to Syrin, she took out a map of Hoenn.

"Now, I'm new to the region, so I haven't had a chance to explore too much. My plan right now is to head to Rustboro, where hopefully the Gym Leader will have some idea of what's going on." Manta traced a few lines on the map. "How familiar are you with Hoenn? I'm a Johto girl."

Syrin shrugged, "I'm a Kanto girl myself. Left Pallet Town because of the uproar over some mysterious Pokemon master. I wanted to make a name for myself and I knew I couldn't do that back home."

She glanced at the map that Manta was holding.

"Looks like we'll have to pass through a few small towns on our way to Rustboro. Oldale is pretty small, but we can stock up on supplies there and question a few people at the Pokemon center."

Syrin bent down to feed Vixen an Oran Berry. As Vixen chomped happily on the berry, she turned back to Manta.

"So what brings you to the Hoenn region then?"

< Raj doesn't want to join, so i removed him, he didn't understand anything, and wanted me to remove him. >

"All right. That looks like all the Rockets in this area. Better get back to Syrin and Manta." He runs to them then looks back. Hey, Ryan, you coming?"

Ryan looked around a second more then shrugged, and starts walking towards where Javi is heading. "Think we'll find a Ralts up this way?" he yelled at Javi was a lot farther ahead.

<Ah, okay. We'll hang around in Oldale to wait for you then.>

"A Pokemon Master, huh? That's a lofty goal!" laughed Manta. "Least you've got ambition. I'm here to learn and to wander, and hopefully find something that strikes my fancy. I've heard that the Pokemon Contests over here are as fun as Pokemon battles; well, at least more beautiful!"

She walked onward, enjoying the grassy route. Poochyenas stared menacingly at Wakizashi, but never offered a challenge.

"I'm not much for battling, but Pokemon fascinate me. I'd love to become a researcher. And I really wanted to take a sea voyage." Giggling, Manta reached up into a tree to pluck an Oran Berry, and handed it to Wakizashi, who sniffed it once before biting down on the soft fruit.

"You could say that I've got no motivation, so I'm here to find something that motivates me."

The route was short, and the small group soon arrived at Oldale Town. Manta left Wakizashi at the Pokemon Center while she browsed the Mart, stocking her backpack.

"Low on cash..." she grumbled after paying for her purchases. "Hope there's a few Rockets around I can get some Pokedollars from." The young man behind the counter looked up, startled.

"Rockets?" he asked, eyes widening. "You mean...Team Rocket's in Hoenn?" He pushed the bag of items towards Manta, who took them warily.

"Yeah," she responded. "They attacked us in Littleroot, and disappeared. My friends are tracking them, I think." The shopkeeper looked worried, and Manta shrugged. "We're on our way to Rustboro now, to notify the Gym Leader. You haven't seen any around here, have you?"

"I've been inside all day," he muttered, "but my girlfriend's on the road to Petalburg. And their Gym is empty at the moment...Will you catch up to her? Just make sure she's all right. Here, take my Taillow. Send him back to me if you find her!"

Manta took the Taillow and promised the young man to protect his girlfriend before leaving the shop and wandered off to meet up with Syrin again.

"Pokemon Master, huh? I'd honestly rather just make friends with all the Pokemon I meet, but there's not much room for that nowadays," Syrin thought as Manta was explaining her own goals.

As Manta took off for the PokeMart, Syrin decided to stick around the Center, always a hub for news since injured Pokemon brought out the strongest emotions in folks. She left Wurmple and Vixen with Nurse Joy and sat beside a young man, looking frightened.

"Hey, your Pokemon is safe here. Why do you look so worried?"

He turned to her, fear in his eyes.

"They ambushed us in Petalburg Woods."

Syrin was confused. "The bugs, you mean? Well sure, they run wild and strong in the Woods."

"No. The . . . the Rockets. My poor Sentret was no match for them. Their Pokemon knew moves that were so advanced . . . and they were angry, like the trainers had been hurting them to make them strong."

"So LittleRoot wasn't their first attack after all. I'd feared as much."

Aloud, she asked, "Did they say what they wanted, anything in particular?"

He shook his head, glancing over to Nurse Joy who was waiting with his Sentret.

"They just wanted to fight. If I hadn't ran when I had the chance, they probably would have kidnapped my Sentret. But they didn't come after me. They were just headed towards Rustboro. I'm sorry . . . I have to go."

As he went to get his Sentret, Syrin muddled over what she had just heard.

"Seems we're heading in the right direction, then. I wonder if these are just their normal tricks or if Team Rocket is up to something bigger?"

Syrin picked up her Pokemon from Nurse Joy and ran outside to find Manta and tell her what she had learned.

"Hey Manta! Where'd you get that Taillow?"

<Wow, I completely misread your last post! I thought you wanted to be a master haha. Oh well. Guess my character will get a reputation for not listening too well :laughingsmiley: >

"I've been charged to protect the girlfriend of the Poke Mart shopkeeper," Manta replied, rolling her eyes. "She's on her way to Petalburg, and I'm to send the Taillow back here with news of her." She stopped and looked at the small Bird Pokemon, and sighed. "Guy shoulda gone himself. His girlfriend's probably more of a man than he is. What a wuss. Anyway, have you found any information about Team Rocket's movements?"

<Heh, it's okay. My character wasn't very clear to begin with. Seeing the "Pokemon Master" goal just made me feel so cliche, since that's the goal of all the games anyway. I always liked the idea of branching out in the games, just meeting new Pokemon but not always trying to control or capture all of them. Who knows? Maybe my character will decide she wants to be a breeder or something after dealing with all the Rocket drama and the fighting. >

"Wow," Syrin said, shaking her head, "I leave you alone for five seconds and suddenly you're on a quest. No harm done, I guess, and we could always use another companion on our journey, if only for a little while."

Syrin patted the Taillow's head, who chirped happily. "I wonder how happy the girlfriend will be to see the Taillow and a couple of girls, but no boyfriend. We have some explaining to do."

"As far as Team Rocket is concerned, I spoke to a trainer who was scared out his mind. He encountered some Grunts in Petalburg Woods and I guess his Sentret wasn't up to the challenge. Apparently, the Grunts took off towards Rustboro. He also said it seemed like they might have captured his Sentret if he'd given them the chance. If you ask me, I'd say they may be going after Roxanne's Pokemon. She's the strongest trainer in the area and she's sure to have a lot of strong battlers, being a Gym Leader and all."

Manta giggled. "Guy wasn't thinking, I guess. And I don't think she's joining forces with us, unless she decides to ditch her bf. I'm just checking up on her." She rolled her eyes again, making it clear what she thought of boyfriends who didn't check on their own girlfriends. Her eyebrows then narrowed.

"I don't like the sound of this," she said more seriously. "We better catch up with Javi and Ryan ASAP. I want to see if they've got any intel on the team's movements." Quickly, she retrieved Wakizashi from the Pokemon Center, and he chirped at her quizzically. She checked the map, and looked around.

"Oldale has two exits, but the north exit leads to a river. I don't have Surf, so I guess we'll have to go west," she said.

Vixen shuddered when Manta mentioned the possibility of water.

"It's okay, Vixen, we're not going near any water today. West is the shortest route to Rustboro anyway."

Syrin looked out the west exit.

"Petalburg's in that direction, too, so we'll be losing that Taillow and facing a lot of Grunts in and around the Woods."

Syrin grabbed a Pokeball off her hip and released her Wurmple.

"Maybe while we wait on Javi and Ryan, we should focus on training our newest teammate."

Wurmple cooed, glancing up at Syrin and Manta.