Pokemon Roleplay

khaos

"Woot!" Manta cheered. "I pick Wakizashi."

<Gonna have to go for a few minutes, will be back. Shall we roll dice or something to see who wins? Or does anybody have Shoddy Battle? Or...the two of you can battle and we can DB another time :laughingsmiley: >

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Uh, I only have 2 pokemon still. Maybe lat- hey look!!" Javi runs to a nearby mini lake sort of thing. He pulls out the old rod. "Hey Ryan, d'you get one of these?" Javi fishes. He first finds a Slowpoke, who he defeats with Sentret. Then he finds a Goldeen, who he also defeats with Sentret. Sentret is now level 11. Next he finds...

"Horsea!!

Sentret, quick attack!" Sentret rushes towards the Horsea and knocks it onto the land. Javi then threw a Pokeball. One click, two click, three click, and the Horsea popped out. "Sentret, Slash!" Sentret swifly dodges the Horsea's water gun and slashes Horsea. "Let's try it now!" Javi threw another ball. Click one, Click two, Click three, and it was caught.

"Oh yeah!" exclaimed a joyful Javi, glad he has a new friend.

"Whoa, this pokemon is level 10. That's good. So Ryan, how 'bout that battle?

"So, double battle? I pick Sentret then."

<Alrighty. Hope you can stick around, but I'll be off after this too, so I'll see everyone in the morning.>

Setting Silcoon in the grass by Vixen, Syrin decided to follow Manta's lead and pass the time training up her Pokemon as well. Battling many wild Sentrets, Zigzagoons, and Seedots, both quickly rose in level. Before long, Vixen was at level 13 and Silcoon at level 10.

Silcoon began to shake and glow, a sign Syrin now recognized that he was going to evolve.

"Silcoon, are you sure you're ready to evolve. You haven't been in that cocoon for very long and you could use some more training."

As Silcoon's shaking started to slow, Vixen nudged Syrin's ankle and yipped.

"What? I just want to make sure he'll be okay with this change."

Vixen snapped at her pant leg and Syrin knew what her friend was saying.

"Alright. Go ahead and evolve if you want."

The light subsided and the cocoon fell to the ground. Syrin watched as a swift flash of a light rose above her and her new Beautifly hovered overhead.

"Beautifly! I guess you were more ready than I thought. In fact, I think I was the only one trying to hold you back."

She looked Beautifly over, taking in his grace and newfound shape.

"Papilio. I'd say that suits you well. What do you think?"

Papilio chittered and fluttered onto Syrin's arm.

"Looks as though you like it too. I hope you're ready for these upcoming battles, Papilio, because they're going to be tough."

< Papiilio is the genus name for the swallowtail family, on which Beautifly was based. Also, it's Latin for butterfly! :) >

EDIT: <Looks like I got behind!>

"Vixen and I are up for a battle when you guys are. Is a team battle then?"

"So you joining the double battle?" Ryan asked.

EDIT.

"Yeah, a team battle. Anyone care to partner with the newbie to the group?" Ryan asked, tossing the pokeball up in the air.

(Hey guys, gotta go. Do the battle without me or use my character if you want.)

<I have to go in a second too, so you can use my character or maybe we can save the double battle until we're all online again.>

<Aww man, I just got back. We can battle later/tomorrow though if you guys want.>

<Sure, I'll battle if you're still here. my team is a level 12 Heracross and level 10 Surskit

Syrin, here's your request, hope you like it!:

syrin.png

>

"Go, Surskit," commanded Manta. The small blue Bug Pokemon hopped forward, looking unsteady but excited. "Quick Attack!"

Surskit gathered its strength and hurled itself quickly at Sentret.

"Dirk, collapse, and Bubble!" Manta called. This was a move she had taught Surskit; its frail legs would fold easily, allowing it to dodge attacks by halving its height. Then, it would hop back up, and attack. But Sentret was quick, and Surskit was still new to the technique. His legs folded, but not fast enough. Sentret caught him full on, and Surskit cried out as he was thrown backwards. Nonetheless, he was able to unleash a Bubble attack at Sentret.

Sentret tried to dodge the Bubble, but he got hit. Sentret got up hastily and Quick Attacked without order from its trainer. "Whatever, I was gonna tell it to do that anyway."

"It's all right, Dirk," said Manta encouragingly. "Just try again!" Surskit tried to dodge, but Sentret slammed into him, and he was knocked over once more. The dazed Bug Pokemon looked sadly up at Manta, and she sighed.

"It's okay, we'll keep training! Don't worry about it. Return!" She held up Surskit's Pokeball and recalled him.

"Now's when I get serious. Go, Wakizashi!" The Heracross jumped into the battle area and flexed his arms powerfully. "Now, finish Sentret with a Horn Attack!"

Wakizashi lowered his horn and charged at the small Sentret.

"Sentret, get out of the way!!" Sentret couldn't move in time and was finished by Wakizashi. "Sentret, return. Scyther, use quick attack!" Scyther came out of it's ball and ran towards the Heracross swiftly.

"Good job Wakizashi! Now, use Fury Attack!" As Scyther closed in, Heracross began to rain down blows on the bug swordsman. Some of the force still got through, but by and large, Wakizashi was able to escape most of the damage.

"You're stronger than he is, but he's faster," Manta called out to her Pokemon. "Keep your horn at the ready; you can use it to absorb a blow with Endure!"

Ryan watched from the sideline, studying the battle to figure out their fighting style. All the while he tossed the pokeball up in the air waiting for a double battle later on.

<Seriously, we should probably decide battle outcomes with an online random number generator or something. This is a little silly. :P Anyway, I need to go to sleep now.>

Heracross crossed its arms, attempting to fend off the relentless Quick Attacks from Scyther.

"C'mon Wakizashi! Horn Attack!" He tried to attack, but was too slow for Scyther, and the constant barrage of attacks finally wore Heracross down.

"That's enough, return!" said Manta, not wanting to see Heracross hurt any more than necessary. "Good battle, Javi."

Ryan nodded and stopped tossing up the pokeball. "Good battle indeed."

He turned to Javi. "I like the quick attack thing you had going. I wanna see if that can stand up to my moves sometime."

<Hey, I love the drawing Manta! Very cool!>

Syrin sat in the grass beside Vixen, studying the battling style of her counterparts. She glanced up into the sky at Papilio, who was fluttering about happily.

"I wonder what kind of battler you're going to be Papilio. Maybe I should train you in the grass before we take these guys on."

Syrin grabbed Papilio's pokeball and called him back. "You'll want to rest up a bit, Papilio, since we're going to be doing a lot of battling soon."

She looked down at Vixen, setting her Pokeball on the ground beside her. "What about you? Do you wanna rest awhile?"

Vixen's fur bristled on her back and she batted the Pokeball away from her.

"I guess I can't blame you. I'd rather walk around and explore too. But if you get hurt or tired, you have to go in there. Understand?"

Vixen ignored her Trainer and started batting the Pokeball around the short grass.

Syrin sighed. "Why do I end up with the pickiest of Pokemon? I hope Papilio is better behaved than you."