Pokemon Roleplay

khaos

"Good idea!" Manta agreed. "Maybe in the meantime, I can catch a second Pokemon for myself."

She walked over to where Route 102 began, noting Trainers off in the distance.

"Here's a good grassy patch," she said. "Wakizashi, over here!" The Heracross spread its wings and flew over to the grassy area where Manta was poking around. She reached out and heard a satisfying squeak. "Quick, use Sand-Attack!" Wakizashi complied, and the small Pokemon attempted to cover its eyes and hide.

"Oh, it's a Surskit!" she exclaimed. "So cute!" Wakizashi turned and cocked his head curiously. "Use Tackle, lightly!" The Surskit attempted to defend itself, but its defenses were quickly broken by the powerful Wakizashi.

"This is why I love Heracross," Manta said happily. "Even at low levels, they have a comparatively higher strength than a lot of other Pokemon. Pokeball, go!" She threw a Pokeball at the weakened Surskit, and it rolled around weakly before clicking.

"Awesome! I caught a Surskit! Rare around here, but not unheard of. Let's check the Pokedex." She brought out her green Pokedex, and looked up her newest party member.

"It knows Bubble and Quick Attack, but isn't too powerful. Let's have Wurmple and Dirk trade off attacking Wild Pokemon then, so they'll both gain experience and help each other out."

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dirk, huh? Cute name. Wish I could figure out a name for this little guy," Syrin said, walking with her Wurmple through the tall grass.

"You're about a level 5, Wurmple, so you're not quite up to Vixen's battling skills yet. The wild Pokemon around here shouldn't be too tough, though."

A wild Seedot popped out of the grass in front of them.

"And there's our first opponent. Wurmple, give it a Tackle. Let's see how tough it is."

Wurmple cooed and launched himself into the Seedot. Seedot stumbled back and shook angrily.

"Not bad for our first time out. Wurmple, give it a String Shot and slow it down before it attacks back."

Wurmple fired his String Shot, encasing the Seedot in a sticky string and slowing it down.

"Now, another Tackle and a Poison Sting."

Wurmple launched into Seedot again and stung it with his horn at close range, infecting it with poison.

The Seedot had all it could take and fainted into the grass.

"Great battle, Wurmple! We should get you leveled up in no time," Syrin said, then turned to Manta.

"Manta, I'm not a huge Seedot fan. How about you?"

"Thanks! I like naming my Pokemon after weapons," she laughed.

As Syrin's Wurmple battled the hapless Seedot, Manta called out her new Surskit, Dirk. It looked at her shyly, and she offered it an Oran Berry. The Surskit crawled over tentatively and stuck the barb on top of its head into the Berry. Manta laughed as the fruit was quickly sucked dry.

"Guess that's one way to eat a fruit," she admitted, patting the small creature. It blinked and looked up at her, Oran berry juice running over its face.

Looking up, she saw that the Seedot had been defeated.

"Shiftry are pretty cool," she said, "but I want to level up this guy a bit first." She didn't have long to wait before a Poochyena attacked them, snarling. "Dirk, use Bubble!" The battle went well, and when she saw Surskit getting tired, Wakizashi stepped in to help. Before long, the team had defeated several wild Pokemon, and Surskit was on level 7. The bug hopped around happily, and Manta noticed that its speed had increased.

"Awesome, he learned Quick Attack!" she crowed in excitement. "Syrin, how's your little Wurmple doing?"

"Seedot's a cool pokemon," Javi said as he emerged from a nearby tree. "But I don't really want it." Javi walked a few steps away from them. "Hello!!" cried a young man in a fishing suit. "Ahh!" Javi exhales in shock. "Do you go around scaring people like that?"

"No, sorry to frighten you. But I've got an offer you cannot resist!"

"Well what is it?"

"Here is an Old Rod, for only 1500 PokeDollars," said the fisherman.

"An Old Rod? Uh, how much do I have?" Javi checkes his pockets and bag. "I have 4500 PokeDollars. Sure, why not?"

"Here you go," said the man. He gave Javi the Old Rod. "Sweet, hopefully the water type i want can be found with this thing."

The man runs to Syrin and Manta.

In this RP, picture the last 2 digits of the number in a normal game as cents, and the rest as dollars.

Wurmple tackled a wild Lotad, causing it to faint as Syrin turned to answer Manta.

"Going pretty strong. I'd say we're at level 7 ourselves."

Suddenly Syrin's Wurmple became enveloped in a bright white light. It cooed, confused yet happy.

"What's going on? Wurmple, are you evolving?"

Wurmple began to change shape, growing and shrinking in size. Wurmple's glow began to fade and Syrin could see that it had become encased in a cocoon.

"Are you a Silcoon or a Cascoon now, Wurmple? It's so hard to tell in this light, but I think you're a Silcoon."

Syrin waved Manta over to inspect her newly evolved Pokemon.

"Does he look like a Silcoon to you or a Cascoon?"

<Look, it's me!!>

mantak.png

"Congrats!" Manta cheered. She inspected the newly-evolved Pokemon closely. "I'd have to agree on the Silcoon ID. Cascoon's eyes face the opposite direction."

She blinked, and peered over her glasses at a figure sprinting towards them.

"Who's this guy? Looks like a fisherman."

<"Whoa! That's an awesome picture. Hey, if I gave you a description of my character's appearance, do you think you could draw one for me, too? I'm a great writer but a terrible artist!">

Syrin squinted towards the figure, Silcoon resting in the crook of one arm.

"It looks sort of like Javi, but what's he doing with a fishing rod? And what happened to Ryan?"

<Thanks! :D My character is pretty self-insert, so she was easy to draw, but I can certainly give it a shot. Give me a ref, and an image or two of clothes, hairstyle, etc, and I'll see what I can do ^_^ I can't promise anything because I'm not very good at staying consistent, but I'll try!>

"Huh, you're right," Manta agreed, bemused. "Hey JAVI!!!" she shouted, waving frantically. "Over here!"

Manta also bought an Old Rod from the fisherman, leaving her with...10 Pokedollars. She pocketed her wallet and smiled ruefully.

"Did you guys find the Rockets?" she questioned Javi. "What happened to Ryan? We scouted out Oldale, and the townspeople said they've seen Rockets in Petalburg Woods. So we're heading over to Rustboro to warn the Gym Leader."

"I don't know where Ryan is. Also, where's Neomysterion? If he is still battling the rocket over in Littleroot, they must have a lot of berries and potions. Come on, let's go to the Woods, we need to stop the Rockets."

<Very cool! Syrin has violet hair, hip-length. She wouldn't be the type to wear skirts for battling (though she'll wear a dress when the mood feels right), so either jeans or just black pants would be her style. Shirts would be plain-colored, probably short-sleeved and layered with a jacket, possibly black leather. Here's a link to a picture from one of the online "Pokemon trainer dress-up" type games on DeviantArt, if that helps (but the hair should be longer, and the style of the jacket and such a bit different.

"Guess I should buy an Old Rod too," Syrin said, handing over 15 PokeDollars.

"Hopefully Ryan and Neomysterion will catch up with us before the Rocket Grunts do."

< Manta, do you mind drawing one of me, too? You can do it after Syrin's request if you want. >

"Come on, Manta and I are set to go to Petalburg Woods." Javi looked around for pokemon. "Meh, nothing of my interest here."

"Glad I snagged a Rod too. I'm sure it'll come in handy to get some different Pokemon types."

"So, we're heading towards the Woods now, then?"

<I'm heading out for a bit so feel free to drag me along with you guys until I get back :)>

<Syrin, I'll see what I can do! Thanks for the write-up. :D Javi, just write me up a description and i'll get to it after Syrin's. I'm heading out in a bit as well, but will return later in the evening.>

"To the woods!" Manta shouted happily, recalling Wakizashi and Dirk to their Pokeballs. She began to skip happily off towards Petalburg. "Look, there's a girl, standing by herself. She looks a bit lost...I wonder if that's the guy's girlfriend?" Running over to the girl, she called out, "Hey, does your boyfriend work at the Pokemart in Oldale?"

The girl looked up in surprise, and nodded. "Yes, I'm dating him," she replied, clearly sizing up Manta. "What's it to you?"

Manta sighed, and Taillow flew onto her shoulder. "Your BF wanted me to check up on you, and make sure you weren't harmed by the Rockets." She nodded to the Taillow, and it flew off, back to Oldale.

The girl snorted and watched Taillow fly away. "He's such a protective idiot. I'm a better Trainer than he is, though I haven't seen any Rockets." She sighed. "Guess I better head back to him before he turns into my mother, or something. Here's something for your trouble, see ya!" Turning to walk away, the girl tossed a Great Ball at Manta, who caught it, eyebrows raised.

"Thanks," Manta said in surprise as the girl headed off. "Well, off to Petalburg now."

<Description. Brown hair a bit past shoulders, a backwards black cap with hair sticking out of the thingy in the front, a short sleeved green shirt with an open black jacket, and red shorts past knees. If thats not too hard :) >

"I guess so, there is not much to do around here." Javi looks around. "There are no grunts in the trees. Come on." Javi, Manta, and Syrin enter Petalburg City.

<Dude, we haven't gotten to Petalburg yet. We're still on Route 102 xD Gotta get there before the woods :P>

"Fang, bite!" The Poocheyena(lvl. 12) leaped forward and nipped the Ralt's(lvl. 11) arm before it could dodge. It responded with a move Ryan hadnt seen before Poocheyena was knocked backwards. It limped backwards but Fang was already standing again and at Ryan's word it tackled the physcic pokemon. As Fang leaped off a pokeball landed an inch away from the Ralts and it disapeared inside.

One flash,

Two flashes.

The Ralts popped back out and used the unknown move again. Fang rolled away and stood up a little bit slower.

"Tackle. Lets try this again." After another attack and a pokeball, Ralts was caught.

Ryan walked over, picked up his new team member, and began walking back towards Odale and the Poke Center.

---

"Hey guys wait up!" Ryan yelled as he sped up towards Javi, Manta, and Syrin.

Syrin looked back towards the voice yelling at them.

"Hey, looks like Ryan has caught up with us. Let's hang back and let him catch his breath so we can fill him in on what's going on."

Manta waved to Ryan, who was running towards the group.

While they waited for the group to re-form, Wakizashi and Dirk had been training in the grass. Wakizashi was now level 12, and Dirk was level 10.

<Wow that was a derpy post. Sorry. I'm really tired and not with it, for no apparent reason. Will try to hang around, but can't make any promises about being up late tonight. Art requests will probably be done tomorrow>

"Thanks. Sorry I disapeared but..." He rummaged through his backpack until he pulled out a premeir ball. He clicked the button on the front and Ralts appeared on the grass below. "I just need to think of a name" he muttered.

He took a look around at everyone there and where they were.

"So are we gonna stay here for a while or keep going now?" He asked.

"Ryan, why don't you name the Ralts Athena after the Greek Goddess? That's all I can think of."

Team so far: Scyther level 12, and Sentret level 9. Doing pretty good, I think.

"I dont like to name Pokemon after people." He shrugged.

"Hey" He said as he took off his backpack and laid it on the ground. "You up for a quick battle? Loser has to heal all pokemon involved?"

(My team:

Mudkip - Lvl 12

Poocheyena(Fang) Lvl. 12

Ralts - Lvl 10.)

"Can we make it a double battle?" asked Manta. "There's four of us here, so we could each use one pokemon."