Pokemon Roleplay

khaos

"I dunno," said Manta. "I guess they're that other team?" She watched as they walked off with Nurse Joy and the other Pokemon Center employees.

"We should probably try to stop them."

<Sorry! I've been forgetting to check here lately, since we don't quote posts :P>

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<It's okay. We'll let you know if you miss something super-important :)>

"Yeah, I've heard of them. Magma or something. Let's follow them and see where they're taking Nurse Joy!"

"Right!" Manta and Heracross crept through the bushes as quietly as possible, following behind the Magma people. She let Surskit out as well, and asked him to trail along closely behind the Magmas, since he was so small.

"I don't like waiting," Manta whispered. "I say we attack now and catch them by surprise!!"

<Alright! haha xD I'd like to do a bit of traveling after all these battles, and Javi can do his Gym Battle.>

<I'm not sure yet what I'll do after the battles . . . maybe look into the Beauty Contest stuff for awhile (that is Hoenn Region, isn't it?) or become your traveling partner, Manta>

"I'm with you on not waiting, but what if they lead us to something even bigger?" Syrin asked as she, Vixen, and Linoone followed them through the underbrush.

"We need a plan of attack," she said, letting Papilio out of his Pokeball. "Let's take out these goons in the back & I'll have Papilio follow the ones in front with Nurse Joy so we don't lose them." She reattached her camera to Papilio's collar.

"There, I've set up a feed so he can directly transmit what they're doing to my PokeNav. Manta, if you're ready, let's take these guys out!"

< Yeah, there is contests in Hoenn and Sinnoh. But they're called Contests, not BC like neo. :P >

"Magma? Maybe they're rivals of Aqua. Anyway, Manta, you get the one on the far right. I'll get the one on the left. Syrin and Ryan, other two."

The four creeped up behind them while Javi was hiding in the trees, but moving along as quickly as the rest.

"Hey!" Javi jumped out in front of them. One of the goons took out a pokeball.

"Fine, battle me. But I've got company that can take you guys down."

Javi sent out Axle as he prpared to battle.

<I might try going to Verdanturf to start contests, yeah, but I'm not sure if i want to do contests. I was thinking i could try and find Steven Stone :P But we'll see where the plot takes us>

Manta nodded and Heracross bounded forward, leaping in front of one Magma member. The man turned around in surprise, and tossed his own Pokeball. A large and mean looking blue and red fish appeared, and Manta checked her Pokedex for more information.

"A Carvanha! Sweet," she muttered. "Heracross, use Brick Break!" The super-effective move hit Carvanha hard, and it was knocked backwards, but Heracross took damage from the shark Pokemon's rough skin. It retaliated with an Ice Fang, and Heracross struggled to get the Pokemon off its arm.

"Use Brick Break again!" Two super effective moves in a row was too much for Carvanha, and it fainted. The Magma trainer followed up with another Carvanha, and Manta switched in Surskit briefly to gain some experience by hitting with a fierce Quick Attack. Heracross then took over to finish up the battle with two more Brick Breaks, although by this time it was severely hurting from the sharp Carvanha teeth. Manta healed Heracross with a Potion, and the Magma was defeated.

<Heh, & to think I don't even enter the BCs on neo :) >

"We've got this one!" Syrin called as another threw a Pokeball.

Vixen jumped in front of it as a Seviper appeared.

Linoone was still around Syrin's neck, making a low growling noise.

Syrin scanned it with her Pokedex. "Level 14, Vixen. It's a little strong, but let's see what we can do! Use Ember, Vixen!"

Vixen breathed flames at the Snake Pokemon, catching the grass in front of it on fire.

"Bite that Vulpix, you useless worm!" the female Magma goon called out.

Seviper slithered around the flames and leapt towards Vixen.

"Dodge that Bite and Quick Attack that Seviper!"

Vixen leapt above Seviper and came down on its back with a Quick Attack.

Seviper hissed and quickly slithered around Vixen.

"Oh no, it's using Wrap! Vixen, use Ember now!"

Vixen breathed flames onto the snake as it wrapped around her. The flames hit their mark and Seviper recoiled, dazed.

"Now Tackle it into submission!"

Vixen tackled the Seviper before it could make another move and it fainted. Vixen yipped happily as she leveled up to 15 <Since she defeated a higher level Pokemon and all . . .>

"You useless Pokemon!" the female Magma member screamed, racing off to catch up with the other Magmas.

"We did it, Vixen. Now let's try and help out the others," she said, sending out Mairin and turning towards the remaining grunts

While Syrin and Javi were battling, Manta ran over to Nurse Joy and the Pokemon Center employees.

"Are you guys okay?" she asked.

"Yes, we're fine," said Joy. "Please stop the Magma Admin! He's a little farther up ahead."

Manta nodded, and waited for her teammates.

Syrin raced to catch up with Manta.

"Hey is everyone okay up here?"

The employees all nodded & Syrin looked back towards Javi and the other grunts.

"Should we help him out, since Ryan isn't here yet? I don't want him to get stuck taking on two grunts alone!"

The grunt sent out a Geodude.

Javi returned Axle and sent in horsea.

"Horsea, water gun!"

Horsea shot out water at the geodude who was holding a Focus Sash.

"It has a focus sash? Hm."

"Geodude, Self-Destruct!

"WAIT, WHAAA!?!?!?!"

Geodude moved towards Horsea before exploding, as the grunt ran away from the fight. He turned around to watch.

"Horsea, return!"

Horsea was returned but had taken some damage for the explosion, and Javi was pushed back a couple of feet.

"Argh.. that hurt.."

Javi got up and sat down, but he had bruises. He realized Ryan wasn't here yet.

"Syrin or Manta, can you take the last grunt?"

"We've got it, Javi! Mairin's been wanting to battle anyway."

Syrin stepped out in front of the remaining grunt, who had been running towards her after its teammates Geodude exploded.

"Fine, I'll battle you and your water rat," the grunt said, throwing a Pokeball and releasing a Taillow. Syrin scanned it quickly.

"Level 12. We can take it still. Use Water Gun on that Taillow."

Mairin sprayed a burst of water at the Taillow, too quickly for it to dodge.

"You stupid bird! Fly away already and use Peck!"

The Taillow ignored the grunt and began to focus its energy instead.

"Tackle before it can attack, Mairin." Mairin launched into the Taillow, ruining its ability to focus.

Taillow flew into Mairin, ready now to use Peck.

"Dodge, Mairin, and Water Gun to weigh down its wings!"

Mairin side-stepped and shot water at the flying Taillow. It was instantly grounded.

"Tackle once more, Mairin. It's on the ropes!"

Mairin jumped onto the Taillow, knocking it out and causing the grunt to recall it and rush off in anger.

Mairin leveled up and trilled happily.

"One more down! Should we go after that Admin now?"

<Level check: Vixen: 15, Mairin: 13, Papilio: 10, Linoone: 17>

"I'm ready!" Manta affirmed, checking to see that her Pokemon were healed. "But I don't see him anywhere." She adjusted her dirty glasses with a nervous laugh.

<Heracross: lv 20, Surskit: lv 16>

Syrin flipped open her PokeNav & checked the feed from Papilio.

"Once we found Nurse Joy and the others, Papilio stayed ahead of us."

She showed the video feed to Manta, where they could see a figure dressed in red, sending grunts away from him.

"He appears to be up ahead, in that grove of trees. Papilio must be waiting there, out of sight."

<Also, for the sake of the storyline, Syrin may have "come across" some Rare Candies she can feed Papilio so he can use Stun Spore . . . ya know, to take out the grunts and stuff later on (if everyone's okay with that)>

EDIT: <Ok, so Beautifly can't learn Stun Spore until Level 17 so I really hope we reach a point where I can "grind" Papilio & the others . . . missing a day really made me miss some good leveling opportunities>

• 2 weeks later...

Syrin knelt in the grass and the Linoone crawled into her lap & slept. She let out Mairin so she & Vixen could play, checking her video feed from Papilio occasionally.

"It feels like we've been waiting here forever. I sort of wish these Rockets and other teams would go away so we can just explore the land as friends.

She petted the Linoone softly.

"If you end up sticking around Linoone, I think I'll be naming you Tachi . . ."

<Linoone's name of Tachi comes from Kamaitachi, a Japanese demon spirit on which Linoone was based>

"Ugh," said Manta, plopping herself down in the grass. "Should we train a bit now?" She looked around at the group, which had been resting for a while.

Javi gets up from a half-hour nap. "Alright, I say we should go already. The admin is gonna have well trained pokemon, possibly 6 of them. We should train a bit though. Let's do some "grinding" as they call it." Javi got up, as his bruises didn't hurt anymore. "Horsea, come out!" Horsea got out of it's pokeball, and Javi healed it.

Manta nodded in agreement, and let Heracross and Surskit out as well.

"I'm going to look for a third Pokemon," she added. "I'd like some more type coverage."

She turned to Heracross and Surskit, who were eagerly awaiting orders.

"Let me know if you guys see anything cool that I might like," Manta said to the group, as she directed her Pokemon off into patches of grass to train.

<Where are we, again? :P

Heracross: lv 20, Surskit: lv 16>

Syrin stood up, Tachi crawling back around her neck.

"I'm all up for grinding. Should we fight each other, Javi, or go out & find some Wild Pokemon with Manta?"

She checked her PokeNav & sent a short message to Papilio, a series of beeps to let him know he should return to her.

"I'm bringing Papilio back now, since the Team doesn't seem to be moving. He & Mairin really need some leveling up, & I guess Vixen could too."

<Level check: Vixen: 15, Mairin: 13, Papilio: 10, Tachi: 17. My goal is to get all my Pokemon between level 15 & 20, so I'm better caught up with everyone from that earlier grinding session I missed.>