What is the "Quitting" Age for Neopets

Naamah D.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no reason why there has to be an age to quit. A lot of people will move away from the site as they gain over interests but then many of us (myself included) have meandered back to the site in adulthood because it's a fun site.

Whilst neopets has activities to keep both kiddies and adults occupied then I see no reason why people should feel they have to quit!

I wouldn't say there's necessarily a quitting age. Some people just get bored or feel that they've outgrown it.

I've noticed a good majority of the people on Neo are aged 18-25 and have been playing for a number of years, since the beginning most of them. I myself started playing when I was 10, and I'm 20 now. I don't think I'm too old, and I don't plan on quitting. Ever :P

Hey me too! Started playing when I was 10 and 20 now. However, I just recently started playing again, but at least I did find my old account! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there's a quitting age, but hardly any of my friends IRL know I play neo because they think it's a silly site for kids. I think what a lot of people don't realize is that it isn't just a site for taking care of virtual pets - like Webkinz or something similar. It clearly has broader aspects aimed at older players - i.e. complex avatars, games, restocking, plots, etc. All of these are pretty hard to do well when you're 10.

I don't think there's a quitting age, but hardly any of my friends IRL know I play neo because they think it's a silly site for kids. I think what a lot of people don't realize is that it isn't just a site for taking care of virtual pets - like Webkinz or something similar. It clearly has broader aspects aimed at older players - i.e. complex avatars, games, restocking, plots, etc. All of these are pretty hard to do well when you're 10.

Ditto. I'm 20 now and my family generally think that I'm "too old" for it. However they think it's merely a virtual pet site, where as for me I focus more on the guild and neopoint making aspects of the site. When I first started playing at 14 it was for the pets and sure, I still care for them, but overtime I've discovered there's so much more to the site.

If the only thing to do was to take care of pets then I probably would have quit a long time ago.

hahaha agreed. There's no age limit on having fun. There are plenty of older people who play Neopets.

The site was originally designed for bored college students, and they're not the only ones who get bored :rolleyes_anim:

Starlite, going off your posts, you seem to have a lot of people around you who disapprove of what you do at an almost constant rate. Tell them to go shove it, and do what YOU want to do ;)

No way? I didn't know it was originally designed for bored college students? Man that makes me feel better. I played it for a couple of months as a kid but then I started at age 23. Sometimes I feel a bit lame when I see ads for kids breakfast cereals, but then I remember that its not like it stops me from living a real life, I still have friends and do well at university.

I think quit if and when you feel like quitting, but definitely make sure it doesn't get in the way of the other parts of life. But I don't really think neopets is like that, other mmos maybe but neopets seems so harmless. I could be wrong however:P

I probably won't ever quit haha. I'm not sure. but yeah, look at all those ppl 30 and over going crazy over video games and other online games :O World of Warcraft lolol. I used to play that :)

If the only thing to do was to take care of pets then I probably would have quit a long time ago.

^ Yes lol

• 2 weeks later...

I probably won't ever quit haha. I'm not sure. but yeah, look at all those ppl 30 and over going crazy over video games and other online games :O World of Warcraft lolol. I used to play that :)

^ Yes lol

I still have my wow account and such. Every now and then I'll get the urge to play and pay for a month or two. Fact is, I spent a great deal of time raiding on WoW, and just burnt out. As for Neopets, and a quitting age. The funny thing is the people who tell you your "too old" for it. I gurentee you have a secret somewhere. You just have to find it, to use it against them. For example, I had a friend laugh at me cause I admited playing neopets, I'm 28. However, this guy has a comic book collection that rivals most comic shops. So I asked him "What's the difference between me playing neopets at 28, and you reading X-Men comics at 30?"....He had nothing. Because he doesn't just collect, but actually READS every new issue.

Everyone hangs onto something from their childhood, because if you didn't, you'd just be one of those boring, stuffy business people who live to work. No fun.

Everyone hangs onto something from their childhood, because if you didn't, you'd just be one of those boring, stuffy business people who live to work. No fun.

Exactly! I am 32 with a degree from a very good university and one of those boring, stuffy jobs that make me want to jump out a window. I don't have kids (yet), but I have real pets, read lots of books, work in my yard, play golf, go out with my friends...but I also play neo! I have been there for 10+ years, and I've forgotten it existed 4 or 5 times, but I always come back and feed my pets and start doing my dailies, and I guess I'll keep doing it til I forget again. It's fun - and there's definitely no age limit on fun. :evo:

the only reason i have ever even left the site was i lost internet for a year. well and my main email that went to my accounts got hacked which quickly followed by my neopets. i will be 26 next year and i will never leave the site if i can help it.

Eh, I quit when I get bored and come back when I'm bored haha. I doubt that I'll still be playing in my 30s though. Not that there's anything wrong with it; it's just that I hope to have kids and a career and stuff and to focus on that rather than my pixels *-*

I personally can't play Neopets for an hour and then go out and have a life. When I'm here, I'm on Neo like at least 4 hours a day, usually longer. I wake up in the morning and play, then I go to school and go home and play some more. Maybe I'll find some sort of balance as I get older~

The quitting age is 18, because once you're an adult you're no longer allowed to have fun.

Forget this nonsense. The quitting age is when you no longer have fun on the site. The quitting age is when you don't have time. As someone said before, the quitting age is DEATH.

I've been playing since I was 13. I'll be 24 in a few days. I still have fun on the site; I still use it as a relaxation tool. It's cheaper than video games. It's cheaper than the hospital bills I'd need if I tried to go outside and play a sport. Anyone who tells you that you should quit when you're older is one of those controlling people who likes to make others conform to HIS/HER standards. One of those people who thinks fun is for losers.

There is no such thing as a "quitting" age for Neopets. I know other people who WAY older than me that plays Neopets. Neopets is considered a business game since you buy stuff, sell them, and do various amounts of things. Neopets can relieve the boredom in many ways and can calm you down since you can play games. I'm 15 years old, and still play Neopets (I had also quit Neopets for a few years) and I think that it had no age limit at all. It's like saying that most of the TNT staff shouldn't work for Neopets at all since a lot of them are around their 30's I think.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think you could put an age limit on Neopets. xD. For some people it's just a part of their life whether they are 10 or 50!

I think most people who start playing when they're like 12 or 13 will stop playing when they're maybe 16 or 17. At least I did, and my friends who used to play also quitted eventually. The difference with me and them is, I started playing again when I remembered the whole neopets thing when I was about 18 years old (too bad I couldn't get in into my old account anymore). Then I didn't really quit again and I'm 23 now, still playing.

Obviously, the people who are posting in here are of all ages and didn't quit, because if you weren't enthousiastic about neopets you certainly wouldn't be on a forum about neopets :)

but I think 16, 17 or 18 is the usual quitting age

If you ask me about the quitting age for Neopets, I believe there is no actual quitting age. Some people grow out of it, and others quit because they think that Neopets is just for kids and young teens. I've been on Neopets since I was 10, I was on and off for a while, and finally got back to Neopets in August 2010. If you like Neopets regardless of age, then you like Neopets no matter what the situation brings.

I know someone whose an engineer, a doctor, and a lawyer who still play neopets. They started since they were in highschool. I think there's no age limit.