What is the "Quitting" Age for Neopets

Naamah D.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the "quitting" age of Neopets is either..

1) You get bored of it.

2) You think your friends will think it's uncool.

I disagree with the friends think it's uncool thing. Friends are going to think certain things you do are uncool all the time, so why care?

I'm 31 and play it. Have done so on and off since 2005. I also play Horseland and Horse Phenomena. I played Lurapets and Foo Pets.

Offline, I still love to read non-adult books and have a great many. I also have a huge collection of 100+ plushies spread between my apartment and my childhood home. I'm a big kid inside and I'm not intending on growing up internally anytime soon. I don't see why I should. Just because society and others think I should.

I think that once you reach your 30s, you should think about quitting if your life revolves around NST...

like "oh sorry son, I wasnt paying attention to your soccer game because I had to visit the snowager on my phone"

^if you have ever come across a situation such as that... you need to quit.. now.

But if its just something you occasionally go on when you have absolutely nothing else to do, then its fine.

there is no "quitting age"

Its all about setting your priorities straight.

I think that once you reach your 30s, you should think about quitting if your life revolves around NST...

like "oh sorry son, I wasnt paying attention to your soccer game because I had to visit the snowager on my phone"

^if you have ever come across a situation such as that... you need to quit.. now.

But if its just something you occasionally go on when you have absolutely nothing else to do, then its fine.

there is no "quitting age"

Its all about setting your priorities straight.

I despise the thought of having or raising kids. I'll probably play Neopets for....idk.

But you get what I mean.

Its a game. and your life should in no way revolve around it.

My life is tough. Nobody really cares what I have to say, my therepast is a TOTAL jerk to me about the littlest crap, I have no friends at school, and Neopets is more than a game to me.

I'm 31 and play it. Have done so on and off since 2005. I also play Horseland and Horse Phenomena. I played Lurapets and Foo Pets.

Offline, I still love to read non-adult books and have a great many. I also have a huge collection of 100+ plushies spread between my apartment and my childhood home. I'm a big kid inside and I'm not intending on growing up internally anytime soon. I don't see why I should. Just because society and others think I should.

This really made me smile :) I'm not intending on growing up, EVER! Viva la Neopets ;)

My life is tough. Nobody really cares what I have to say, my therepast is a TOTAL jerk to me about the littlest crap, I have no friends at school, and Neopets is more than a game to me.

My advice to you? Find a new therapist. Or just try and get along without one for a while (If you can). No therapist should put you down for the things you love. Or just stand up to her/him. Say "Look, this is what helps me, stop bashing me for it, you're a horrible person and you aren't helping me get through my problems by attacking the things that help me relax."

My advice to you? Find a new therapist. Or just try and get along without one for a while (If you can). No therapist should put you down for the things you love. Or just stand up to her/him. Say "Look, this is what helps me, stop bashing me for it, you're a horrible person and you aren't helping me get through my problems by attacking the things that help me relax."

I agree with this. The relationship between therapist and patient is very important, and if she's making you feel worse rather than better, you need to dump her and find someone else. It sounds like she may be a bad therapist in general, but sometimes even if someone's good at their job, if you don't mesh they're just not going to help. It's worth looking around to find someone who's "right" for you.

to be honest, i think its KIDS who shouldn't play xD NO OFFENSE TO ANY KIDS HERE!! yeah i'm lumping them into one here, but for the /most/ part, they kinda make neopets a little bit of a pain. not for any bad reason, its just more difficult to play the same game with kids. or maybe, to be more fair, there could be two sides to neopets...over 16 and under 16 xD

I know of people in their late 30's and early 40's who are still playing games like Neopets and Toontown. It's just something to do to relax and take your mind off things. No shame in having a security blanket. I've been playing basically since the site opened and have grown up with it in my life, so it's just a comfort thing for me. I've always had it to turn to, and I don't plan on quitting unless I get seriously bored of it.

There really shouldn't be a "quitting age" at all.. I mean I am 22 and I play Neopets and Toowntown and having been doing so since I was about 14. No one is going to jump out of your computer when you're like 35 and say NO! No more Neopets for you! LOL.

There really shouldn't be a "quitting age" at all.. I mean I am 22 and I play Neopets and Toowntown and having been doing so since I was about 14. No one is going to jump out of your computer when you're like 35 and say NO! No more Neopets for you! LOL.

thanks. now i'm picturing the "son i am disappoint" guy popping out of my computer when i try to log onto neopets xD

thanks. now i'm picturing the "son i am disappoint" guy popping out of my computer when i try to log onto neopets xD

Ahahahaha, now I am too, and it's a really amusing mental image.

Quitting age is death. Because you literally cannot play anymore.

But seriously, there shouldn't be a certain time in your life when you need to "quit" something that you enjoy doing. Plenty of people still play mario games and stuff like that when they are in their 50s, so what's so different with neopets?

I quit a few years ago because I got bored, but now I'm back into it because I don't think it's boring anymore. Either way, there are no rules as to when you should and shouldn't play neopets.

Guest Zazi

About the whole 'friends' deal, I think after a while you stop being enthusiastic about Neo to people because you know it will sound weird to even the most understanding ones. I'm 17 and I admit I'm not as addicted to it, but whenever I find myself with some free time, Neopets it's the very first thing I wanna do!

I don't think quitting will happen overnight, or AT ALL, to most of us.. you'll just find it less entertaining over time and eventually find other things.

• 2 weeks later...

i also think there is no quitting age.

neopets is a virtual world with a lot of things to do.

you can never finish the game, there are always some new goals which you can think of.

i am now 34 and everytime when i have a goal i seem to be a bit addicted.

i have played for several goals.

* as many neopoints as i can

* the collectable cards

* the stamps

* earning trophies

* and my last goal is collecting avatars

I'm 21 now so at this point, if I was going to quit, I would have back when peer pressure had a hold on me. I was thinking about this last night and seriously, I worry that Neopets might go under and disappear before I meet my goals far more than I think about whether I should quit. My boyfriend hassles me about it sometimes, but then I see him playing videogames...and his don't even have a point, it's like all the guys just fight each other and it's over, whereas Neopets is a whole economy + social club.

Quitting age is death.

Fact. And I'm making this phrase a part of my everyday life :laughingsmiley:

As long as Neopets doesn't interfere with your lifestyle, like your addicted to it you can't work, feed your pets, children, even yourself,go to school, do work, visit relatives, go to parties, then you should quit. Other than that, you can play any game you want really, plus there's no sign that says you have to quit by the age of 30, TNT would lose customers that way. They need people to buy their NeoCash, and that's you! :whistle:

I would say there's no quitting age either, I am in mid-20's and I am still playing, my mom is over 50 and she is still playing (though she is not as addicted as I am), so I think you can continue playing until Neopets stop operating their website or you die~