For those of you who have been playing Neopets for a long time...

Naamah D.

Has Neopets ever become "Problemmatic" for those of you who play it as adults? I turn 18 Thursday and am continuing to play even though I am an "adult". Neopets won't become problemmatic for me as long as I don't talk about it to people who don't understand.

I've been playing for 9 years now, and I was nearly an adult when I started. (I started playing a few months before I turned 17.)

I'll be 26 next month, and I don't have any issues. My husband plays too. (He's 23.) My sister still plays. (She's been playing for 9 years now too, and she'll be 29 in a few months.)

Most people know I play. My husband's family knows, my parents know. Even my co-workers know (I have 10 co-workers, which 4 of them are in their mid-20s, the rest are 30-40s) I have one co-worker that occasionally asks me about games I'm playing. And my boss, who is mid-30s knows.

Gaming, of any type, is a pretty common hobby for most of the employees at my job. Not a single person has teased me about it. Though none of the others play Neopets, I have co-workers that play kiddie type games on Facebook all day.

Besides, Neopets was originally created for bored college kids, so playing over the age of 18, should be considered normal.

I've been playing for 9 years now, and I was nearly an adult when I started. (I started playing a few months before I turned 17.)

I'll be 26 next month, and I don't have any issues. My husband plays too. (He's 23.) My sister still plays. (She's been playing for 9 years now too, and she'll be 29 in a few months.)

Most people know I play. My husband's family knows, my parents know. Even my co-workers know (I have 10 co-workers, which 4 of them are in their mid-20s, the rest are 30-40s) I have one co-worker that occasionally asks me about games I'm playing. And my boss, who is mid-30s knows.

Gaming, of any type, is a pretty common hobby for most of the employees at my job. Not a single person has teased me about it. Though none of the others play Neopets, I have co-workers that play kiddie type games on Facebook all day.

Besides, Neopets was originally created for bored college kids, so playing over the age of 18, should be considered normal.

If you don't mind me asking how many hours a day do you play Neopets? I'm sorry I just want to rub this is my stupid therepast face.

At work.. I'm logged in for my entire shift, which is 12 hours. Actively playing, probably about 10 hours. (I only work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week. I have one 6 hour day, where I'm on Neopets for probably about 4.5 hours.)

When I'm home, it's off and on through out the day, depending on what's going on.

I'm 20. It's a nice relaxation. It's different than playing Xbox 360 for me, in the way that I can interact with all of the great friends I've made over the past 10 years I've played Neo. I've sort of outgrown it in a sense that I'm not hardcore and will refrain from going on and playing it everyday, but I will for the Altador Cup.

I'm 29 .. I'm a resident doctor .. and I still enjoy Neopets like I did when I first started playing at the age of 19 :)

You can say Neopets has been a big part of my life .. I played Neopets after I passed anatomy in my first year of medical school .. I played Neopets when I lost my first love ... and I also played Neopets while waiting for my medical license exam result in 2008 (I passed) ... I always went on Neopets when I was either depressed or happy ... and Neopets was always there for me :graduated:

Rarely a day goes by without me logging in ... at least to zap my pet and do a couple dailies ... when I have exams I restrict my time to 1-2 hrs of games a day ... it's a great stress relief ...

Sadly my brother and friends didn't share my love for Neopets .. they all created accounts which they abandoned shortly afterwords ...

I've been avidly playing neopets since I was 11 and I am 21. :3 Like the people who have been posting, it's gotten me through a lot! Glad to know I'm not the only one who has been playing it since its beginnings! My original account - which is currently now my main because TNT did that huge purge thing - groovyjenny just makes me smile. I know its age is a little over 3 years, despite my true time being on neopets - someone got my password through an item I was trying to buy at their shop D: and subsequently my account was frozen! Imagine the distress of an 11 year old child! Regardless, it's a great site and has always been there for me! My sister makes fun of me for playing it all the time, and my dad does too. My mom just thinks I'll grow out of it, but I dunno! It's great for stress relief and talking to cool people :3

I'm in college - about to be a senior - and many of my college aged friends play - one of whom is in Grad school. At first I was worried about telling them, but then my roommate saw, and started her own account, and then the next year one roommate revived an old account, another started one, and a third plays the games. Another friend plays as well, and we were chatting about it over facebook and our friend in grad school jumped in saying she played too and we should friend her. I've also gotten my boyfriend to start playing.

I started playing really young, but can't find my original account, and restarted in high school, then stopped for a few years, and started again last year as a sophomore in college.

How long do I play every day? It depends. I don't go a day without doing the dailies, but some days I play for a few hours, playing my favorite games, and restocking my shop. I've had a lot of ups and downs in my life, like Angelo, and neopets has helped.

If your therapist keeps telling you to quit even if you find it relaxing, and fun, and it's not interfering with other things (life), find a new therapist :)

Haha, Angelo, I'm a doctor too!! Nice to know I'm not the only medical professional around here!!

In answer to your question Starlite, I am 23 and have been playing for 10 years (and I'm still playing on my original account I made when I was 13, lol) I am married, have 2 young daughters aged 4&2, and like I said above, am a doctor, so I have a super busy schedule!!

For me, I play on Neopets as a way of stress reliefe after a long hard day of working and being a mum, most days I am able to log on for an hour or two, tho sometimes I just leave it open so it might seem like I am on for hours and hours at a time, but I'm really not. I didn't play for probably 3 or 4 years in the middle though, while I was finishing high school and doing the Uni part of my Medical Degree, but now that I am past that and am more settled in my schedule (even though I am not where near finished studying yet, as I am undertaking my specialty training) I like to hop on and check my pets and do my dailies. For me I mainly work on my gallery though.

I think you'll be able to see from this thread, that lots of "grown ups" make Neopets work in their adult life. It doesn't matter if you can't log on every day or if you can only squeeze in 10 minutes or something, if it's fun and relaxing, then who cares what others say (my hubby is CONSTANTLY making fun of my for playing, yet he is a pretty hardcore gamer of what he calls 'real games' himself.... go figure).

And Happy Birthday for Thursday!!

I started playing Neopets when I was 28. I started playing because my sister-in-law, who is two years younger than me, spent months trying to convince me to make an account. I already liked playing Flash games, in my spare time, so playing on a game site that also had the benefit of cute virtual pets seemed like a fun thing for me to do.

My husband and my mother-in-law also play. My family and quite a few of my friends know I play. I'm not really shy about it.

I started playing after I finished my second university degree.

I am usually logged on to Neopets from the time I get home from work until I go to bed. I'm not playing constantly; I will do my dailies, and play a few games, then put it down to make supper. Then I will poke my Habitarium for a bit, then do some housework or go for a walk, then come back to it later.

I started playing about 10 years ago, but my account got hacked into and had to create another account which is 8 years old now. I used to play all the time and then I stopped playing for like 5 years.

I'm nearly 24 now and I'm at university, I constantly have habi running in the background and find that if life gets in the way then so be it, its just an online game :)

I have been playing for over 8 years and did not start until my granddaughter intoduced me to Neopets( I was well over 50 yrs old) and I have since got my 2 other granddaughters and also 2 great grandchildren playing as well..I find it is great to be able to help them with neohomes and games. All my friends and family always ask about my pets etc.

I've been playing for 10 years, starting when I was 7. I didn't really get into Neopets until about 7 years ago, and although I stopped playing for a while, I re-joined mainly caus I really wanted to play the Stock Market, and also to try and get into the Neopian Times (a goal that I finally completed not that long ago ^^)

I'm 18 and Neopets is never a problem. :) I don't tend to tell people about it because Neopets isn't very widespread in England, unfortunately.

A (now ex) friend introduced me to Neopets back in 2003 and I instantly fell in love with the Aishas. I've had my account ever since!

Wow. I haven't been playing for that long, but I'm impressed. I feel like I'm in a communtiy here that accepts me :) My friends at school tease me and say that neo is innapropriate for anybody over the age of 4. My mom says I'm way to old by the time im in high school. Thank you TDN :)

I have been playing neopets for over 7 years now (not sure the exact amount because my first account was hacked) and I don't play as much as I used to because it's difficult to balance everything but I still really enjoy it. I'm almost 22 now and I don't really find it problematic at all. I think so many adults play tons of different types of games and neopets is no different. It's fun and no matter what age we are we all need to have some fun!

I'm 20 years old and still playing. I don't know if you guys consider that as "adult" enough. Anyway, I probably continue playing for a long time. There's no shame in playing neopets. it's entertaining, and since I don't have any other gaming console other than my computer, coupled with the fact that I love games, neopets is great for me. And free! There are a lot of adults who play neopets (evidently) so you shouldn't feel bad about it. I don't!

I love seeing this! I'm 21 and my side has been active for 9+ years, though I've only been intensely playing for about the last 2. I'd love to show this thread to my friends as proof that the site is pretty much dominated by adults. They definitely don't believe me when I say that all my neofriends are in college :P I wouldn't say I'm embarrassed to play, but I would say that the site is misunderstood which is frustrating.

My university is notoriously nerdy and I know 2 people who play at least occasionally. I bet if I was more open about it (or hung out with even bigger nerds than I do) I could find others like me, so I can't complain :)

Well I don't know if I count because I'm only 17, but I started playing when I was 10.

No one really knows I play Neopets. x)

My family knew when I was younger but they thought I stopped long ago.

I still play though, mostly at night because I don't have as much time during the day anymore. :(

It's my way of de-stessing.

I wouldn't worry too much about it!

If I want to play as an adult, I'm going to no matter what. :king:

I am almost 25 years old, and I have been playing since I was 15 years old

I am still playing Neopets everyday and I still enjoy it, but I don't really let people know that I play Neopets, only my family (my sisters and my parents) knows that I play, I never let my friends and co-workers know, because I don't know what would they think of this 'childish game'

haha there's nothing wrong with playing Neo as an adult. It was made for college kids in the first place, though you'd never know it by the way the site's run now

:laughingsmiley:

I'm 20 and a bunch of my college friends also play. It's a great stress relief as long as you don't skip class and stuff to play xDDD

haha there's nothing wrong with playing Neo as an adult. It was made for college kids in the first place, though you'd never know it by the way the site's run now

:laughingsmiley:

I'm 20 and a bunch of my college friends also play. It's a great stress relief as long as you don't skip class and stuff to play xDDD

Yes! And as long as do my chores, exercise, pay attention in school, and pay attention to taking care of my physical well being I'm okay.

I am 19 at this moment of writing, and have been on Neo since I was 12. I've in the past been on and off, but it wasn't until three years ago I truly returned after a long hiatus and have stayed. Many people I know only used to play Neo, none of the people I know in real life play anymore sadly. :( But, I have always met people online who do, and have played for a while. I don't really tell much people I know that I still play, some people I know don't even know what Neopets is, what a shock! But my parents know I play, and so do a couple of close friends of mine, though they don't play the game themselves. I think I'm probably going to be around Neopia until the day the site dies. I just can't leave it. I play for my pets themselves. Currently I don't spend as much time there, but I still visit on every account each night to feed all my pets and keep them happy. They're what I find most important in the game, more important than site events, plots, and Neopoints.

On the plus, Neopia is a breeding ground for my creative mind. My Neopets always become my own characters, all individuals, with thier own backstory and personality. At the moment, I have 12 all together, who reside on accounts each based off of themes. (Neovia, Maraqua, Meridell...)

I am 19 at this moment of writing, and have been on Neo since I was 12. I've in the past been on and off, but it wasn't until three years ago I truly returned after a long hiatus and have stayed. Many people I know only used to play Neo, none of the people I know in real life play anymore sadly. :( But, I have always met people online who do, and have played for a while. I don't really tell much people I know that I still play, some people I know don't even know what Neopets is, what a shock! But my parents know I play, and so do a couple of close friends of mine, though they don't play the game themselves. I think I'm probably going to be around Neopia until the day the site dies. I just can't leave it. I play for my pets themselves. Currently I don't spend as much time there, but I still visit on every account each night to feed all my pets and keep them happy. They're what I find most important in the game, more important than site events, plots, and Neopoints.

On the plus, Neopia is a breeding ground for my creative mind. My Neopets always become my own characters, all individuals, with thier own backstory and personality. At the moment, I have 12 all together, who reside on accounts each based off of themes. (Neovia, Maraqua, Meridell...)

I assign my pets personalities too! My Usul is a Dark Princess who one day wishes to become the Princess of Light, my Peophin is a Christmas fanatic who dreams of presents, candy, and sweaters, and my Shoyru is a aspring Neopian actress. Finally I meet somebody as imaginative as me!