http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Chomby

Chomby the Eyrie -.-'

Pounding:

fgjeiohbnerwioooo the buzz

fgfgfgtr the grarrl

thatswutsuup the jubjub

cvcdfbvxdfv the shoyru

cv_bndf the grarrl

Ember_Stationary the grundo (blue, mind you)

CybunnerCybunny the techo

non-pounding, geography the krawk...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see what we've got today... (Sorry, I get bored while pound surfing and for some reason feel the need to share the horrible names with others!)

IWasTrolling

rbrebeccablack

xx_deceased

But then I picked up a Starry Hissi named PaintBonanza so this was a good day for pound surfing! xD

(Unless someone was trying to do an irresponsible trade... Then I guess I'll give it back)

Let's see what we've got today... (Sorry, I get bored while pound surfing and for some reason feel the need to share the horrible names with others!)

IWasTrolling

rbrebeccablack

xx_deceased

But then I picked up a Starry Hissi named PaintBonanza so this was a good day for pound surfing! xD

(Unless someone was trying to do an irresponsible trade... Then I guess I'll give it back)

Hey that's what the topic was made for, to share the horrible names of poor Neopets.

Also, good snag on the Starry Hissi!

I found this one funny but a little sad...

urgonnadieclown

and I saw a really terrible name that said

KKK two times in it in all caps. I felt like reporting it but that's not really my place

Numbers and underlines aren't all bad. When there's a name I want but it's taken I can often mess around with the numbers and letters enough to get something cool.

For example, all these pets on my side accounts:

sm0ke_on_the_water

fly_by_n1ght

b1rd_of_parad1se

etc.

Not terrible names, if you ask me ;)

As far as some horrid names I DID come across:

b_1rex______________ <-whaat?

IXIPIXISTIXI <- Made me giggle

mandible_chew_chew <-so did this one ! I may just be reporting amusing names does anyone mind?

o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O_o_O <- makes me think of a string of the faces all in a row. Name of a Grrarl.

(Edit: whaddaya know, the thing transferred them all into faces)

And today's winner:

Literally.

It's like a serial number

In a nazi death camp.

The poor grundo.

I've seen a lot of them. None that I remember off the top of my head, but I don't pound surf hardly at all anymore because of the lack of well-named pets.

I love my darling Sephrenia, though. Her name was taken from the Elenium series by David Eddings.

my active!

campeon_2001 :P

I wish I would've picked a better name when I started out (9 years ago!) But, I wouldn't trade him for anything :)

Hi hi, me too. My pets are called: dolfypet_7, Sandy_2_7, x_little_dream_x (and cyasea, but that's not that bad)

Although they have these names, I wouldn't pound them, they've had them for such a long time :)

(But I regret that I didn't thought up better names, but what ever. What's in a name?)

On a more or less abandoned side account, I have an Eyrie named Mad_Cerpull. He came from the pound, IIRC pretty shortly after they changed Cerpulls into Tatsus. And then the Tatsu was changed into an Eyrie. I don't think they do so much with the pet evolving anymore, but that'd be one reason to not use the species in the name. :(

At some point on yet another side, I had a lab map, and I took poorly named pets from the pound so they could get painted up. I adopted one named Chichken_[mispelled obscenity]. It actually got deleted from my account, though off the top of my head I don't think I got in trouble for it.

I'm generally not a fan of names with underscores and numbers in them. I'm also really name-picky when the first letter of the name isn't capitalized, but I make exceptions when the name sounds cool :P Oh, and I also really don't like when users just randomly create pets, name them "asdjkfgahsdgjh" or something like that, then throw them in the pound. It makes me sad that some users are just so cruel! :(

• 2 weeks later...

I can't bear to see this thread go inactive so I'm going to keep posting to it! ^^ (Though, I guess we could just make a new one... Oh well!)

Today's Good Names:

-James_Tiberius_Kirk (Very tempting!!!)

-RandomJubJubness (Thought that was cute)

-fashion_fish the Flotsam (Cute name for a Flotsam but otherwise weird, haha)

-ELLOGUBNA (Cute... in a not-so-cute way, haha!)

-Quiggle_the_4th (Kept showing up, I thought the name was clever!)

Today's Horrible Names:

-b0o0bie

-lp_87488748748748748

-BOB10000000000000000

-DUDEMANMANDUDE_007

-i_X_i_Y_e_L_l_O_w the Red Ixi (seriously??)

-mycutekacheeklove the Eyrie

-analhole (Definitely reported that one)

-experimantpet

-pharmacypropaganda

-WelcomeToMyHoodRemix (Baha...)

There were also about a hundred pets with "crap" in the name... :sad01_anim:

BUUUUUUT... Then I picked up a red female Cybunny, Ilhax! It's crazy that I found one since I'd been wanting one for years and was finally able to create one on Cybunny Day! But then again, I guess there's already going to be an increase in the number of them because of Cybunny Day anyway...

Is there anyone here who's been dying for a Cybunny? Ilhax is totally up for adoption! :laughingsmiley:

I think the worst neopets name is my Lutari whose name "Uni8975708". When I started playing neopets(well, I was so young at that time...), I was frustrated when all the good names that I could think were not available. So, I just give the Blue Uni an "Uni name". x_x

My dream pet is a Royalgirl Uni(They are so sweet!). I did not know that Royal pets cannot be obtained by lab ray. And the first time I zapped my Uni, she change species to Lutari!

There were so many neoboard users asked me about her name and I was so awkward. But I will never abandon my pets. I have put a banner "Badly named and who cares?!" at her lookup. ^_^

I wish TNT could let users to change their pets' name. I wanted to adopt one Lutari on Lutari Day so I can let Uni8975708 to be a Royalgirl Uni but no luck. :sad01_anim:

Hahaha all of my pets names are awful. 2 are from the pound -- missneo_girl (*headdesk*) and pirat3ey

I named the other one.... it's so shameful.... mnm2005neo. Don't judge, I made it when I was a young brainless child. xD

I'm too attached to get rid of them.

Borew_The_Great and TrIxie_30904 were my old pets. Now I have pretty good names.

I saw the Neopet with my name, Lora, UFT! Oh I was so upset that I have absolutely nothing to trade to get it. XD =

Happened when I was pound surfing at Lost and Pound, I found a Blue Kau called green_draik. Sounds like that he dreams of being a Green Draik one day when it comes to that name. It was strange if you ask me.

Happened when I was pound surfing at Lost and Pound, I found a Blue Kau called green_draik. Sounds like that he dreams of being a Green Draik one day when it comes to that name. It was strange if you ask me.

I know exactly what you mean~! I saw someone with a Green Buzz with some misspelled version of the word 'transparency.' Best I can tell they were trying to zap a Wocky, Skeith, Mynci or Elephante transparent, messed it up, and pounded the pet. XD

Saw one named _bigbaby, xD adopted for being Christmas though. (elephante, and he's up for adoption)

Todays bad names:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaafss the skeith

aayaaa the ogrin

CarlosBigTimeRush the grarrl

preparisiparengrenca the grundo -.-'

KatherineIKnowYou the moehog

Best one ever?

8457239485 the BLumaroo.

All of my pets have first and last names, and yes, I used underscores to separate their names. (My 3 created pets share the same last name.) It let me use the names I wanted without having to change the spelling or add numbers to the end, and it shows they're siblings. I just wish TNT allowed accented characters (since their names should properly have some accents). My adopted lab rat actually also has a first and last name in the same format (different last name, of course).

I think the worst names are "xxooIloveJoshforeverooxx" because the person who named that pet likely doesn't even know what love is, and seeing their pet after they stop "loving" Josh will just remind them of how silly they were to think Josh was The One.

When I'm in the SW, I try to take note of "cool" usernames, maybe because mine is so horrible (it was the same as my assigned alphanumeric e-mail address in college). I *really* wish you could change your username, at least once. I'd pay a million NP to do it.

Some names that might seem lame might actually be in code. A pet named Morse written in Morse code, or a checkered one named binary (written in binary, of course) would be very clever, in my opinion. Someone might even be able to pull off a good ironic 1337 name, though that'd be like trying to beat Poe's Law.