Worst Neopet Names?

What's the worst Neopet names you've seen (that actually made sense & weren't just a jumble of letters & numbers)?

Example: I just saw a Bruce named "Bruce_the_Bruce" in the pound *headdesk*

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think all of those names are genius! Especially PollyWants_A_Krawker. Funny and cute!

You can see when people have given up and they have accounts/pets just called things like 'cool name' and 'really cool name' :eh:

awwww I think Bruce_TheBruce is a cute name LOL

I just surfed the pound and saw a JubJub named "PanCakesInBoot" ... an Elephante named EllieJellieBellie ... an Ogrin named Skeith214 ...

The only names I hate are the ones of pets that were created and quickly abandoned, the nonsense names that are just jd78dkshd86 and things like that. Or things with the X's. Don't know why that bugs me so much

Obviously any names that are 543423672 or xOxJamie_Loves_BrendonxOx

STOP THAT >.<

I agree with what you said hrtbrk.

How about nonsense names like Sygnd, Hrumphidac, and agguxnxho for example? They don't make the least bit of sense if you ask me.

Maybe they're meant to be phonetic? And if the person who made it speaks another language, anyone who doesn't know the language wouldn't get it? Just a thought.

I just did a few quick searches on the site. Some simple names like Sarah, Bob, etc. Many of the pets with these "normal" names either belong to accounts that are frozen or have not been accessed in a reallllllly long time, usually having nothing on their lookups at all, even things you would have after just a few days on neo (an avatar or two just from being around the site, a shop, ANYTHING). It would be nice if some of the pet names could be re-released so they could be used again. But I guess that would mean deleting the account. hmmm. OR TNT could implement a system like Webkinz where a name could be used multiple times by different users. It would be nice to be able to name a pet something... pet-like and not have to make up something really weird or add a bunch of numbers.

I just did a few quick searches on the site. Some simple names like Sarah, Bob, etc. Many of the pets with these "normal" names either belong to accounts that are frozen or have not been accessed in a reallllllly long time, usually having nothing on their lookups at all, even things you would have after just a few days on neo (an avatar or two just from being around the site, a shop, ANYTHING). It would be nice if some of the pet names could be re-released so they could be used again. But I guess that would mean deleting the account. hmmm. OR TNT could implement a system like Webkinz where a name could be used multiple times by different users. It would be nice to be able to name a pet something... pet-like and not have to make up something really weird or add a bunch of numbers.

Even when accounts have been deleted and especially when they've been frozen it takes AGES for the names to get rereleased, it's kind of sad! I guess it takes a lot of TNT's valuable time to go through purging accounts, and if there are dead accounts on the site they're still adding to the 'number of users' statistcs (though that would be a really dirty reason to keep them on the site).

It would completely change the fame dynamic of Neopets if you could reuse names but I agree it would be much more like real-life pets: I've read lists from local dog clubs and there will be 6 or 7 Charlies, Roxys or Shortys but the owners don't seem fussed that their pet doesn't have a unique name. I wonder how many users actually become attached to their little ghert79fre.

I find pets with names that don't fit their species really annoying. I once saw a Lupe with a name that has something to do with Chia. Talk about irony. <_<

See & that's exactly why I have a problem with Bruce_the_Bruce. If anyone ever adopts that pet & zaps it, then it will be "Bruce the Bruce" the Pirate Krawk or something . . . makes no sense!

Than again, I always used to name my Xweetoks something with "eevee" in it, so I don't have much room to talk, I suppose

& agree completes with all the askdlhfds or BieberxFan_17 type of names . . . enough already!

I saw something like Natasha_is_a_fart and I once saw Whydoihavetomakeapet or along the lines of that.

I pretty much think that all Neopets with the word "fart" in their name is a pitiful name for a pet. :ohno:

When I was adopting pets to get the basic pet avatars, I found a tuskaninny named crapgrrr. It made me giggle to no end until I pounded it again and moved on to the next pet. I'm always amazed at the names I find when poundsurfing.

Obviously any names that are 543423672 or xOxJamie_Loves_BrendonxOx

STOP THAT >.<

Gah! Why do people make pets like that? It's not a name!!!

I'm wondering if the old terms and conditions didn't specify that TNT could get rid of your account if you didn't log on for a certain amount of time. When I got back my super old account (which technically should have been gone because I hadn't logged on in over 6 years) I had to accept the new terms and conditions in order to continue. If it wasn't in the terms and conditions that the user agreed to give up their account if they didn't log on, then TNT wouldn't be able to get rid of those old accounts no matter how long it has been.

I disagree with being able to have the same name for multiple pets. There are so many pet name specific contests as well as the whole petpage thing. Pets with the same name as other pets just wouldn't work for neopets. Plus I think it's sort of fun to try and come up with a name that no one else has used before. :)

When I was adopting pets to get the basic pet avatars, I found a tuskaninny named crapgrrr. It made me giggle to no end until I pounded it again and moved on to the next pet. I'm always amazed at the names I find when poundsurfing.

Gah! Why do people make pets like that? It's not a name!!!

I'm wondering if the old terms and conditions didn't specify that TNT could get rid of your account if you didn't log on for a certain amount of time. When I got back my super old account (which technically should have been gone because I hadn't logged on in over 6 years) I had to accept the new terms and conditions in order to continue. If it wasn't in the terms and conditions that the user agreed to give up their account if they didn't log on, then TNT wouldn't be able to get rid of those old accounts no matter how long it has been.

I disagree with being able to have the same name for multiple pets. There are so many pet name specific contests as well as the whole petpage thing. Pets with the same name as other pets just wouldn't work for neopets. Plus I think it's sort of fun to try and come up with a name that no one else has used before. :)

Well since neopets is old, people are forced to make names like Im_a_fart and fkahfjhfkjhfkasjhf... Because they can't think of any names...

Haha I remember when I made my first account when I was 8 or 9 years old, I had a kau (funny that they've always been my favourite) called mookau7777777 or something. And then my friend's account name was Hottie_from_heaven123 or something like that. Now I am just determined to make names that don't have numbers in them, most of my neopets are named after horses that I have known.

the shoyru i adopted from the pound for the bd avatar has got to have one of the worst names ever: s_garden_3dy_a62

i literally had to go copy and paste his name because i will never be able to remember it.

(i felt bad for him so he is still sitting on my side account, where i plan to zap him until he's a pretty color and then gift him to a newbie. :-*)

I don't like the species related names because they can change species and it wouldn't make sense for some of them.

I made a Korbat named battytabrok and decided to make him my lab pet. He got zapped into a faerie Cybunny but I decided to keep zapping him until he changed back onto a Korbat because the name just didn't fit. He's a maraquan Korbat now :)

I like how Neopets allows the name only once but I would like if they re-released extremely old names.