Worst Neopet Names?

just saw 'RandomxxxStuff' a blue flotsam in the pound, definitely not an acceptable name, given I actually know a few kids who use the site.

I'm an adult, and I'm not getting how that's not an acceptable name. Would kids really get it?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm in the SW, I try to take note of "cool" usernames, maybe because mine is so horrible (it was the same as my assigned alphanumeric e-mail address in college). I *really* wish you could change your username, at least once. I'd pay a million NP to do it.

This seems like a good idea! We should ask TNT if they'd consider paid name changes for usernames and pet names! I once took a survey for them that asked "Would you pay to have a 5th pet?" Granted, it was referring to real money as opposed to NP but it's not a bad thought... If people reeeeally are attached to their pets (or accounts) but don't like the names anymore, they should be allowed to change! In MMOs like WoW (showing my nerdiness here) you're allowed to pay money to change the name if you want. So that seems like a good idea! =)

This seems like a good idea! We should ask TNT if they'd consider paid name changes for usernames and pet names! I once took a survey for them that asked "Would you pay to have a 5th pet?" Granted, it was referring to real money as opposed to NP but it's not a bad thought... If people reeeeally are attached to their pets (or accounts) but don't like the names anymore, they should be allowed to change! In MMOs like WoW (showing my nerdiness here) you're allowed to pay money to change the name if you want. So that seems like a good idea! =)

I did suggest it by submitting it through their help>suggestions page. :)

But if others suggest it, maybe they'll seriously consider it. For me, it's an internet security issue, since I've heard of people trying to hack into e-mail accounts to get people's Neo info -- but who knows what else they'd steal while they're in there? And frankly, it'd be a lot easier to change my one Neopets name than to change my e-mail account for all my contacts, online bills, etc., etc. I suggested it as a new user perk, for accounts of a certain age (whatever threshold TNT chooses), single use only, with a high cost, so that only people like me who really, really want it would do it -- which means that even if it's a change that TNT would have to make manually, it shouldn't substantially increase their workload.

I only got the generic "thanks for the feedback; we consider all suggestions but can't personally reply" message. But if more people suggest it, it's more likely to reach someone at TNT who goes "That's brilliant!" and fight to implement it. They're looking for more NP sinks, after all...

I found a Green Kyrii called black_koi_of_doom in the pound.

People calling their pets based on what they are not, stop that!

...and a Blue Aisha called _demi_lovato_famosa_

I just don't like it when kids name their pets after Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, or some other Disney Channel-type personality, it's rather annoying.

My worst pet name has got to be Kika_Kuddle the Kau. It was 9.5 years ago, but still: what was I thinking?

I actually know a few kids who use the site.

I love this quote. When I tell people I play they say it's for kids, but... isn't everyone on Neopets in college or older?

Pound surfing today & found these:

_the_good_1 (green Xweetok)

orca_whale (blue Flotsam)

_Hannah__Montana__30 (red Acara)

_i_love_candy__ (yellow Blumaroo)

babypony_1_1 (yellow Mynci)

Baby_Blue_Soulja (blue Xweetok)

Lamma_Face_Jew (blue Gnorbu) (reported)

I love this quote. When I tell people I play they say it's for kids, but... isn't everyone on Neopets in college or older?

No. Plenty of kids play neopets and there are many kids on these forums as well. Neopets was targeted towards college students back in the day but that's not the case anymore.

I have from the pound:

y_hanwen236_y - oy. Pronunciation please? She's a ghost shoyru.

gaviviv3491 - adopted as a red meerca, now a Faerie Xweetok - how would you pronounce that one? I call her "Gavy"

And the kicker

Scorcher_15 - not bad, considering I adopted him as a Scorchio. He is now a Bori and the name makes no sense -.-

• 3 weeks later...

Pound-surfing = tons of bad names

capitan_pitss the Yellow Xweetok

Ckunkyorama the Blue Kougra

red_forest_rodent the Red Xweetok

Red_Fox14 the Red Xweetok

XxBigMoney the Blue Scorchio

and the "best" one?

hershykis the Blue Acara (I mean, come on, it's not even spelled right!)

I also found, Dharaliah the Yellow Acara, which is actually not that bad a name, even though I have no idea how one would pronounce it

I saw that gerbonzo_yur when I was surfing. Does that name mean something, like is it a band, or is it just something random?

I recall Gerbonzo being a kind of bean....

istockphoto_8783982-garbanzo-beans.jpg

Any grarrl or skeith or lenny or whatever that has avatar in it's name. D:

Like Made_for_avatar, or something silly like that. :(

Names like that are why I like to grab a horribly named pet and zap it until it's super pretty. Or else they'll never get adopted. :(

I was inspired to surf the pound for a pet for my spare account and found the following:

Winnie_The_Bluemaroo

Im_a_Blumaroo_Yay is still there.

Jillaricious

Tweety_bannana, oddly a Wocky.

_BUMP_SET_SPIKE_IT, which I wasn't sure whether to report.

And my favourites, Herr_Dino and Thatwillbe50p.

I was inspired to surf the pound for a pet for my spare account and found the following:

Winnie_The_Bluemaroo

Im_a_Blumaroo_Yay is still there.

Jillaricious

Tweety_bannana, oddly a Wocky.

_BUMP_SET_SPIKE_IT, which I wasn't sure whether to report.

And my favourites, Herr_Dino and Thatwillbe50p.

I'd say _BUMP_SET_SPIKE_IT was probably made by someone who plays a lot of Volleyball, so no real need to report.

Tweety_bannana is just a weird name, though I'd expect to see it on a Pteri rather than a Wocky. Then again, I see a lot of unexpected things in Neopets names.

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing yellow Neopets named "Tweety" in the pound. When I see the name Tweety I think of bag ladies who wear over sized Tweety bird shirts and bunny slippers :eyeroll:

7265033 (Green Pteri)

Names with all numbers in my opinion sound like death camp numbers in my opinion.

I'm not found of names that are jumbled up letters like nxsvhfdfyub (Skunk Scorchio).

I wouldn't mind adopting a fine-painted pet with such names, but it'd be better if they were well-named or uniquely named. ;)

7265033 (Green Pteri)

Names with all numbers in my opinion sound like death camp numbers in my opinion.

I'm not found of names that are jumbled up letters like nxsvhfdfyub (Skunk Scorchio).

I wouldn't mind adopting a fine-painted pet with such names, but it'd be better if they were well-named or uniquely named. ;)

I agree on the numbers and jumbled letters. There are plenty of cool name generators out there people can use & I wish they wouldn't just throw a bunch of letters in, especially because it seems they end up abandoning them :(

Pound surf finds:

beastiiy__49 the Red Skeith

bejibijub the Blue JubJub

Alien_AlphaX the Brown Grundo

klilillll the Green Skeith

red_froggy_ the Red Nimmo

I may have said this before, but I dislike pets named after what the are (see red_froggy) or named something that sticks with them, like calling a Red pet something with red, crimson, etc. in the name

I had two old pets I pounded because there was no way I could change them since their names were species specific (Tigra1204 the Kougra) and color/species specific (FirexEevee the Red Xweetok). It makes me sad because they are now pound-stuck & no one probably wants them because they're badly named & can't be zapped without their names making zero sense :(

I disagree about pet specific names. My darling Shoyru's name is Shoy Baby. I took her name from a rap song called Oi Beibi, and let me tell ya, I DO NOT plan on pounding her. As long is it's not I_am_a(fill in pet species here) it's okay IMO.

I disagree about pet specific names. My darling Shoyru's name is Shoy Baby. I took her name from a rap song called Oi Beibi, and let me tell ya, I DO NOT plan on pounding her. As long is it's not I_am_a(fill in pet species here) it's okay IMO.

You are one of the rare ones, & Shoy Baby is a good name, regardless of being pet specific. My Tigra that I pounded (I actually still have one on a side with a very similar name) also had numbers in there, which just made it not as good to me (& I made her when I was about 12, so that was another part of the issue)

& yes, the I_am_a ones are quite annoying.

You are one of the rare ones, & Shoy Baby is a good name, regardless of being pet specific. My Tigra that I pounded (I actually still have one on a side with a very similar name) also had numbers in there, which just made it not as good to me (& I made her when I was about 12, so that was another part of the issue)

& yes, the I_am_a ones are quite annoying.

It sure is! Shoi Beibi m rakastan....!!!

Anyway...

yellow_furry_kyrii(Yellow Kyrii)

fat_man__52(Yellow Skeith)

eggplant_eater(Red Shoyru)