Wheels of Neopia

Piticent

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wheel?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still spin excitement because I need the avatar, but I almost always land on the question mark, so it's not really worth it. I won a job coupon from knowledge a couple of days ago and sold it for 670k, so it's worth it for me right now. Mediocrity is usually the best, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I spin them all on a daily basis (bar mediocrity, because whenever I go to spin it, I always end up eventually crossing off the tab without thinking). I have to say that Mediocrity usually produces the most profitable results, with Misfortune usually producing unfortunate ones (funny that). Excitement is a bit like Russian Roulette with a water gun. I've never had anything really good or anything really bad.

Wait, so the Wheel of Knowledge avatar is actually possible? I have spun that wheel everyday ever since it has come out (as have several of my friends), and I don't know anyone who's gotten that avatar.

I think they're all profitable except for Misfortune. I've won scrolls of freezing and minor and greater healing scrolls from Knowledge, so I'm sure it's paid for itself. Excitement is pretty expensive now, but a 20k makes up for 40 "nothing" spins -- and usually, I at least get the question mark or 500, making up some of the cost of spins, anyway. Mediocrity is awesome after the revamp; I frequently win 500 or 2k from it. Codestones and certain foods from Monotony make it worth it in the long run. I had a streak where I was winning codestones 1 or 2 times a week, but now I haven't won one in over 3 months.

monotony is the only one I don't spin. I really don't have the patience or the connection speed to stay there so long.

I'm thinking about stop spin all of them one more time. I've lost lots of money recently, cant afford this kind of luxury.

If you're an avatar junkie, then definitely. Don't stop 'til you get 'em all. Otherwise, it's a matter of preference. There's a change at (almost) all of them for a significant gain, but whether or not you want to risk it depends on the person.

I usually only spin the Wheel of Excitement, but after reading some comments I think I'll start the Wheel of Mediocrity :P

Although I really only spun the Excitement one because it looked pretty...yeah that sounds dumb but I think it was a carry-over feeling from the time when I was 8 and started playing >.<

• 2 weeks later...

Once I got the Wheel of Knowledge avatar, I quit it. I still play the Wheel of Mediocrity because I often make more than I spend, and I use the Wheel of Excitement because I *sometimes* make more than I spend, but the others are just a total NP sink.

In fact, all of them probably are, but I'm lucky on Excitement and Mediocrity, so.

I hate hate the Wheel of Extravagance. I never hit anything good and I'm still missing out on the avatar.

I seldom spin the wheels, but if I ever do, it's usually Knowledge. The worst that can happen there is your pet's intelligence going down a level. Sure, it may not have prizes as good as say, Excitement or Monotony (which for me usually ends in the rock or the volcano), but I find it to be more worth it. Hey, it can make your active pet smarter which is good enough for me! And, so is winning a book. Also, it can't give out diesases which is the main reson why I avoid Excitement.

Avoid Misfortune and Extravagance. Misfortune is rigged and gives out far more bad than good, it also can make your pets sick so don't go near it! And Extravagance is just a waste of NP. It costs 100k and you never win anything. There's a 1 in 50 chance you'll take home a prize, all the other times you always win nothing. It's pointless.

And Extravagance is just a waste of NP. It costs 100k and you never win anything. There's a 1 in 50 chance you'll take home a prize, all the other times you always win nothing. It's pointless.

Where are you getting "1 in 50" from? I've won a Nerkmid and 2 +10 training boosts in ~15 spins. So far I'm breaking even (because I also have "won back" some or all of the cost of spinning far more often than I've landed on the "nothing" space), since training costs me 7 codestones. If you're not training, maybe it's not worth it, but I don't think the wheel's been out long enough for anyone to have the statistics on it yet. Especially considering you can win very rare paintbrushes from it.

I spin the Excitement, Knowledge, and Mediocrity every day. I'm still trying for the avaters. I've done Extravagance twice and haven't won anything yet. Since my habi recently got shut down I don't have the income I used to so I won't be doing Extravagance again for quite awhile.

I didn't know you could win training points from Extravagance though so now I'm more inclined to try it again when I've got more NP. (And when my training costs are such that it's a good deal.)

Excitement - I've stopped spinning this one but I used to on a daily basis for the avatar (: but now that I have the avie ... I don't think it's useful to spin in any way ... I never land on anything else other than the '?'

Mediocrity - D: the prizes aren't very cool so I never spin this one.

Misfortune - After getting the avatar, nope x_x

Knowledge - I spin this one everyday yet I think it's the most useless wheel ever! The prizes are lame and it costs way more than it should (I'm saying this because I'm poor) ... I haven't gotten the avatar yet though ... so I guess I'll keep spinning.

Monotony - No ): Hardly ever. I know the prizes can be good, but usually my browser glitches and then it doesn't stop spinning for 5 hours. ):

As for the new wheel ... I'm poor ... so I'm gonna save up a bit more until I give it a try.

I only spin them sometimes because I'm too lazy. When I do, I spin first the wheel of Mediocrity because I

often gain a profit. I don't spin the others because they're expensive and maybe I'll try it on another

time for the avatar. I often land on prizes which are more less in value than what I paid.

I only spin the wheels for the avatars anymore. The wheel of excitement prizes are not worth the 500NP to spin. I almost always land on the question mark and end up losing NPs. In the same boat as the wheel of excitement is the wheel of knowledge for me. I only spin it for the avatar, that I hope to get some day. I like the wheel of extravagance right now, but 100K a spin really drains my NP savings quickly. I don't spin the other wheels anymore since I have the avatars for them.

Mediocrity is so good I swear its broken and TNT hasnt fixed it. I seem to win 500NP often, 1000NP quite a bit and 4000NP once or twice a week. Excitement is a total NP sink, everytime seems to be ?. Now that I have the avatar I never spin. Monotony is fun to leave spinning and check when you wake up, finding a Tyrannian PB is a great start to the morning ;)