Wheels of Neopia

Piticent

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which Wheel?

Where are you getting "1 in 50" from? I've won a Nerkmid and 2 +10 training boosts in ~15 spins. So far I'm breaking even (because I also have "won back" some or all of the cost of spinning far more often than I've landed on the "nothing" space), since training costs me 7 codestones. If you're not training, maybe it's not worth it, but I don't think the wheel's been out long enough for anyone to have the statistics on it yet. Especially considering you can win very rare paintbrushes from it.

Eh, maybe it's nicer to some people than others. All I know is, I am not wasting 100k on nothing, even though I do train my pets.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excitement, I've gotten 4K out of a spin, and an orange koi morphing potion. Other than that, it was 4 ?'s. This was all in the last two days.

Mediocrity, I've gotten a few random items and that's it

Misfortune, I've actually made a profit off of, as i usually get some Np from it

Knowledge is beyond frustrating, I simply get told everyday that i'm doing a lovely job of taking care of my pets.

Monotony I never have time for

• 3 weeks later...

I don't spin any of them. I've already got all the avatars so I don't really have a reason to spin them anymore. I'm not a gambler. But have any of you tried the high roller wheel yet? I've done it once and got a nerkmid, which I sold for a profit. However I'm scared of spinning it again. 100k is a lot to lose. But I do want the avatar. Such a dilemma. What do you guys think of that wheel?

there are some good things to be won from each wheel, but honestly i don't think its worth it once you get the avatar. i mean, yeah they're gonna cost a lot to get the avvie, but in the long run it will be cheap compared to a lot of the others xD and if you go for game avatars, you'll make the np back :P

• 3 weeks later...

I spin mediocrity, excitement, knowledge, and monotony on a daily basis, and misfortune when I'm feeling brave.

I'm pretty much constantly online when I'm not at work or school, so running monotony is never a problem for me. I've won dud prizes off it a few times, but I also frequently win food and neopoints. Got the avatar too!

Mediocrity is almost always worth it for me, of the maybe twenty-five times I've spun it the last few days I've only gotten dud prizes three times. I've yet to get a bad prize from knowledge. I usually get books, which are great for me. And I spun excitement maybe eight times yesterday, and got 2.5k a time.

Getting a little concerned though. With such a good streak of lucky, something's got to give in a quite unpleasant way.

Excitement: The prizes are almost never worthwhile. I rarely spin this wheel.

Mediocrity: This is probably my favourite...it only costs 100NP and you can spin it once every 40 minutes. Most of the time, I get something good out of this wheel.

Misfortune: I rarely ever spin this wheel. Plus, I already have the avatar, so I don't have much of a reason to spin it anymore.

Knowledge: Aside from getting the knowledge/advice quite a bit, I like this wheel. I mainly spin it because I want the Brightvale avatar more than any other avatar at the moment.

Monotony: No. I don't have the patience to wait 3-4 hours for a (usually) crap prize. I know that from experience.

The only wheel I get good prizes from is mediocrity.

I have never, EVER made a profit from the wheel of knowledge! I don't know why some people are so lucky because every single time I get something like "type blahaha while playing some game and you'll get suchandsuch!"

a;ldskfj.

I have the wheel of excitement and wheel of misfortune avatars... want the others...

I know, I hate the Wheel of Knowledge. Getting useless advice from it is so frustrating to me that I've stopped spinning it altogether.

I spun the Wheel of Misfortune a few times without any extra NP or items on hand just to get the avatar, but I don't spin it anymore. The only one I spin regularly is the Wheel of Mediocrity. It doesn't give too much money but it has the best NP yield relative to what you spend, at least in my experience. I've spun the Wheel of Monotony once while I was watching Survivor and I came back to find a codestone, so that was nice.. I might do it a bit more if only for the paint brush.

The only wheel I spin now is the Wheel of Knowledge because I still need the avvie for that one. I used to spin WoExcitement before they increased the price because I would always make some money off of it. But I don't think it's worth it anymore. I only spun the WoExtravagance once and got nothing so I'm afraid to spin it again.

The only avatar I still need is the Wheel of Excitement one but I usually spin that and the wheel of Mediocrity. Remember when the wheel of excitement only cost 200 nps? Haha, I feel like landing on good spots was easier back then too. I stopped spinning the wheel of extravagance because I was losing too much money.

Yeah, I miss cheap Wheel of Excitement. ): I play Excitement, Knowledge (IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET THAT AVATAR?), and ugh... Monotony. Those are the ones I still need avatars for. Soo irritating.

i think some of them are worth it

knowledge: i've won a few good items from it, and some higher intelligence for my korbat, who i want to be intelligent :laughingsmiley:

excitement: okay, many ? landings, but i've got a kyrii morphing potion from it and some 5000 np so i find it worth spinning

misfortune: i've spun i one time and i've won a spooky petpet :laughingsmiley:

mediocrity: i keep getting 2000 np and 4000 np, definatly worth it

monotony: got a petpet pb once, so yeah, i like it :laughingsmiley:

I'm dirt poor. I find Mediocrity is a better choice out of all the wheels, being cheap and having decent prices. I just don't understand that one wheel - of Extravagance! It's way too expensive. Great prices, or so I hear. But, still, what was TDN thinking?

Knowledge: I got 3 scroll of freezing, 1 lesser healing scroll, pet stat increase, and 2 job coupons :D still waiting for the avvie though

I spin them and I am just crossing my fingers to get nice things, like avy ; 20,000 nps ; paint brushes etc.

But I didn't make profit so far ;p xd

Knowledge: I got 3 scroll of freezing, 1 lesser healing scroll, pet stat increase, and 2 job coupons :D still waiting for the avvie though

Wow! You are so lucky! I spin the Wheel hoping that I'll land on a good place but I land either on the question mark, King Hagan or the glass windows one.

I spun Excitement today and got the 20,000 neopoints and the avi. I'm pretty happy :)

Congrats on that , I didn't spined it , 0 time XD

I wish I had that avy it is very nice! :laughingsmiley:

1. Excitement - Besides the avvy, Is it REALLY worth it? 500 NP is a lot to spend. i mean after all i get the ? every time which means ive probobly all in all lost like 4K im sure.

4. Knowledge - I mean besides the avvy, should you really do it? I land on the "advice" spot every time and ive seen it all like 3 times...

...Isn't the avatar enough of a reason? :P *avatar obsessed*

Actually, I've tended to have really good luck with the Wheel of Excitement. Quite often I get either the 500, meaning I lose nothing, or the 2500, which is a nice fat profit. I have gotten lots of ?'s and the occasional illness, but it's the only one I really look forward to spinning.

Knowledge is a huge pain in the butt, which I only spin on the off chance of getting the av.