Exploration and Danger

Guest Christmas Trace (Not Tree)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We have to leave, now!" shouted Takinito's right head while boarding the craft. The others soon followed.

"Hang on." said Takinito's right head, the craft left the hanger and were heading towards the planet.

Suddenly the were intercepted, shot at, and Takinito lost control right before entering the atmosphere.

They survived the decent, but it was going to be a crash landing. They were heading right into open ocean.

The crash was immense, the speed involved would have completely destroyed the craft had it landed on dry land.

Surprisingly, the craft floated and there was an escape hatch above.

"Anyone hurt?" asked Takinito's left head.

Oran rubbed his head and stretched his body. "I belive everything in my body is still intact." He looked down in shock as he noticed a crushed amulet in front of him. A wave of anger swept across Oran as he picked up what was left of the amulet. Suddenly, a faint glow surrounded the broken amulet and it slowly started to rebuild itself. Oran couldn't believe it. An amulet that had just been smashed into pieces had now rebuilt itself in front of his eyes.

Oran had to take a deep breath. Alright, my amulet can rebuild itself and now a black fog is occuring. This must be some mere coincidence. Still, it's kinda concerning. The amulet shook violently for literally two seconds and a bright flash of light came from it. My amulet is obviously a power source, that's for sure.

"Hmm, he must have rebuilt it." said Takinito's right head.

"Before you get carried away, yes. Blake, or Captain Scarblade as he likes to be called, is my childhood friend. He no longer is the pirate he was though. Any salvaging he does is from undersea wrecks. He collects treasures and gives it to the several poor nations here." said Takinito's left head.

"Let get going, grab your things and let's board the most advanced ship on or in the sea." said Takinito's right head.

Just as he was about to exit the craft, Spanner spotted an odd reading on the sensor screen. "Um, is it just me, or are those blips submarines - armed with HE torpedoes?"

Scarblade was right on deck to greet his old and new friends, "Takinito! Levy! Friends! Welcome to the Revenge II! Before we do anything else, please everyone, drink these."

He handed them tubes of blue liquid. Takinito and Levy drank the liquid immediately, but the others were hesitant.

Spanner shouted to the others from Takinito's craft, pointing to the sensor readouts. "Guys! Heads up! - er - down!"

Spanner jumped across the gap to the Revenge II, grabbed a tube of liquid and downed it. After frowning for a moment, he said, "If I'm correct, this is a nictrynium-based substance that lets you breathe underwater." Just after he said that, Takinito's craft was destroyed in an explosion.

"Its a genetic realigning chemical, drink it and you can breath underwater forever." said Takinito's right head.

"Helmsman! Take us down." shouted Scarblade to the Yellow Bori at the wheel, "Nothing can destroy the Revenge II, and I am not about to let some green slim bucket defy my power of the five seas! Crewman! Give them a taste of what my ship is capable of!"

The ship dove down and the world of water became illuminated by the ship's searchlights. Then four large submarines with marks of Sloth on them came into view.

Spanner pulled out the portable sensor kit he had grabbed at the last moment and analysed it with a look that betrayed his true speciality. "Those submarines are scramble cloaked, but I can tell that they're armed with an array of highly adaptable torpedoe platforms. The engines are well armoured, but you should be able to damage them significantly by aiming just below the propulsion pods. However, I would suggest aiming for one of the six weak spots on the nose cap that protects their central computers."

"Give them a taste of the maracite spear cannons!" shouted Scarblade, then the cannons fired.

The maracite spears flew straight through the water. one struck a submarine directly on the nosecone. It exploded instantly.

The other three subs began to retreat.

"Don't let them get away! I command the seas, not Sloth. And I want him to know that! Keep firing!" shouted Scarblade, he was clearly angry.

Several other spears were fired until the remaining three were no more.

Giving it one last check, Spanner tucked his portable sensor kit back into his pack. "Well that got rid of them."

Firos looked at the strange blue liquid. He at first considered painting himself Maraquan, then remembered he only had a few Maraquan paintbrushes left. Few people left paint brushes lying around, and while Takinito would probably give him a few, Firos decided not to trouble him or waste precious paint brushes when he could merely use something less valuable. He downed half the liquid, since he didn't need to breathe underwater forever and half was plenty to cover his lifespan. He put the rest in his backpack to examine later. He might even be able to salvage his own.

Spanner walked over to Firos. "So, you never really told us who you are. Now that we have some peace and quiet for once, who are you?"

Spanner looked quizzically at Firos as he swam away. "You know, I can never understand that Bori."

Looking at the liquid, Oran was hesitant to drink it. Able to breath underwater forever? That would be a great ability to have. Quickly, Oran drank the blue liquid. He then looked over at Spanner. "Neither do I. Then again, a lot of incredible stuff has been happening lately."

"We will head towards Altador. Their defense tactics are incredibly dependable when a crises like this occurs. Come, below deck. I have had the chefs prepare our diner, then maybe tonight you can sleep peacefully." said Scarblade.

"Thanks Blake." said Takinito's right head while he shook Scarblade's hand.