Step three

Shadaw the Rampage

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just got home, so :P But now that I'm here, I'll basically just be waiting to transfer information to you guys!

(This is kind of fun. If I could write on demand, I'd totally try out for News Team. But I can't. So I won't.)

Train, buy better weapons, or revise your strategy. Personally, I suggest the strategy. I've worked one up that works about half the time for me. (37% I lose and 13% I win.) Just find something that works for you.

I've reached the cap on all three enemies so far. Another guide I read, though, (might have been In-Depth Battlepedia) said we "can and should" keep fighting after we reached the kill cap. Is this only for the tier prizes, or does anyone know of another reason why they might say this?

I'll walkthrough my overall strategy in the hopes it'll be helpful.

Turn 1: Use two strongest weapons and Drain Life.

Drain Life works best at the very beginning. A little while ago it was temporarily bugged (where it wouldn't damage the opponent) but it's working now, so feel free to use it.

Me: 47/63 (29 damage taken, 13 healed)

Brute: 70/114 (31 damage taken, 13 drained)

Turn 2: Use two strongest weapons and best damaging pet ability. (Kau Kick for me)

I use a Kau as my pet since it resists 10% of all damage except Darkness, but since one of my weapons is a Golden Compass technically all of my damage is reduced. Check out your pet resistances to see what you resist.

Me: 14/63 (33 damage taken)

Brute: 30/114 (40 damage taken)

Turn 3: Use healing item and healing damaging item with Burrow. (Mud Mixture for me, Fighting Folder works fine here.)

Healing is so important you're better off giving up a lot of your damage to survive. Note I'm not using Fierce/Berserk Attack. I'll explain later.

Me: 45/63 (1 damage taken, 32 healed)

Brute: 30/114 (8 damage taken)

Turn 4: Do what it takes to finish it before you get to a critical point again.

30 damage for me is simple enough for both of my weapons, but in case it uses the heal 25 scroll, don't Fierce Attack for defensive purposes. I'll still get two additional icons with Kau Kick without letting myself take x1.4 damage for it.

Me: 12/63 (33 damage taken)

Brute: 0/114 (43 damage taken)

If the Brute had healed, the next turn would be to use your best weapon and your best defensive shield (Downsize for me) if you have one, or two weapons and defend. Again, for the harder enemies, I never advocate using Fierce Attack since they do more damage per icon than you do.

I've reached the cap on all three enemies so far. Another guide I read, though, (might have been In-Depth Battlepedia) said we "can and should" keep fighting after we reached the kill cap. Is this only for the tier prizes, or does anyone know of another reason why they might say this?

You qualify for the tier prize if you defeat one enemy (doesn't matter which one) in that tier. They're is no real reason to continue fighting after the cap, since it doesn't contribute to your plot points.

I'm completely clueless when it comes to the BD. The only weapons I really have is 2 Scarab Rings, a Golden Compass and Down Size. My pet has 87 HP, but no abilities. (She's level 2. She was a lab pet)

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've killed 25 Brutes and 11 Furies.

2 Scarab Rings, Golden Compass, and Downsize!...I think you should fill out the rest with an Illusens Earth Potion (really cheap bomb that does slightly more than the Scarab Rings) and 3-4 Mud Mixtures (Heals enough on average to cancel one icon of your opponent, and I suggest getting four and dropping one Scarab Ring).

If you can get those, it'll help quite a bit.

Throwing two Mud Mixtures and hitting Defend will help you for survival purposes, and Illusens Earth Potion and Golden Compass will net you your most damage.

All you need after that is a Bottled Water Faerie to give your pet Heal, and use that when you need it (on Strong) instead of Fierce Attack. Actually, scratch that, I'll see if I can send you one.

Edit: Just checked your pet and it's Level 8. It can learn Burrow.

Edit 2: Sent you a Bottled Water Faerie and 3 Bottled Earth Faeries. Use them on your Lab Pet and you should get Heal and Burrow. Having them both will help you much more than having no abilities.

2 Scarab Rings, Golden Compass, and Downsize!...I think you should fill out the rest with an Illusens Earth Potion (really cheap bomb that does slightly more than the Scarab Rings) and 3-4 Mud Mixtures (Heals enough on average to cancel one icon of your opponent, and I suggest getting four and dropping one Scarab Ring).

If you can get those, it'll help quite a bit.

Throwing two Mud Mixtures and hitting Defend will help you for survival purposes, and Illusens Earth Potion and Golden Compass will net you your most damage.

All you need after that is a Bottled Water Faerie to give your pet Heal, and use that when you need it (on Strong) instead of Fierce Attack. Actually, scratch that, I'll see if I can send you one.

Edit: Just checked your pet and it's Level 8. It can learn Burrow.

Thank you so much! Both for the Bottled Faeries and the tips.

You're right. I just saw level 8. I must have been looking at my Draik, that's my active. :laughingsmiley:

I've been having bad lag in the BD since a few hours ago. (When I first got to work, early this morning, it was fine.) Now, I'm getting lag other places too.

And I'm worried about my caps as well. Does anyone know when this step will be closed?

Announcements