Sand-dunes and Sandstorms - A Neopets RP

Parry

JB followed the petpets. He was looking for any sign of Alesha or Beta, or his brother, or even those other people. He didn't know where he was going, but he keep trying to hear someone. Anyone, even a bad guy, just to make sure he was still alive. He followed the petpets for what seemed like hours, maybe even days. He didn't know if the sun would ever set, or what time it what. But he eventually heard someone. He heard the unmistakable voice of Alesha. "Let's go." she called, and then he heard galloping He hurried to the place, and he saw a big dune. Behind it, he saw some hoofs- they were Beta's hoofs! He ran so fast, he tripped, and yelled an 'OW!' that would be heard for miles. Than he passed out.

Meanwhile, frank4t was waiting, still waiting, for Coltzan return.r He didn't know how long Coltzan was gone, but it felt like hours. He eventually heard a big 'OW!!' coming from the distance. He started running forward, to where the voice was, without even thinking about Coltzan. He saw his brother, after about 2 miles; he was unconscious. Just then, he heard a voice saying " Welcome. We have been expecting you."

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((In that case, Nom, it appears Lili, Sapper, and Gwen will remain detached from the actual plot.))

Alrik followed Alesha and Beta into the dune. Quite suddenly, the two pets in front of him disappeared from sight. He took a puzzled step forward and tumbled head over paws into a dark shaft. He opened his wings to catch as much air as he could so as not to land on Alesha and Beta at the bottom, but the landing was still rough.

"Oof!" Alrik landed hard on his left back leg. He stood and tested his weight on it. It was a little sore, but nothing too bad. He could probably still walk. Flying was another matter. The narrow shaft had not been kind to his feathers. Several were bent or frayed, and a number were broken. You're getting too old for these adventures, Alrik, he told himself as he stretched out the hurt leg.

"Welcome," came a voice from the dark. Alrik looked up just as the room filled with light, outlining Beta and Alesha's silhouettes. The source of light seemed to be a tiny Baby Fireball, smiling warmly. "We have been expecting you."

The three stood in stunned silence for a while, staring at the petpet. Finally Alrik asked, "And who might 'we' be?"

JB saw a metallic glow in front of him, as he finally woke up. frank4t, with his metallic plating reflecting the sun, was right in front of him.

"Would you mind moving, a bit?" asked JB, to a frank4t, whose face was now full of laughter.

But frank4t suddenly looked stern. He saw a Neopet going into the sand dune!

"JB!" he yelled. "Look! Somebody's going in to this dune!"

"I know!" whispered JB. "And keep it down! I don't want to be heard!"

"Sorry" whispered frank4t. "But what do we do?" he asked.

"Easy." replied JB. "We find another way in"

JB ran off, about 10 feet away, and started digging.

"will you help me?" he asked, to frank4t's smile.

((Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll need to get the jet substory wrapped up - it should be simple enough to merge back with the main plot once there are no more dying Neopets out in the desert. :yes: ))

Suddenly an Alabriss shot out of the sand-dune and stopped before JB and frank. "Do not waste your efforts digging - we are expecting you. Please, come through the dune - two of your friends have already done so." The Petpet lingered in the air, waiting for them to move.

((I don't mind if you control the Alabriss for this bit only, but he's gonna lead you into the sand-dune just like how Alesha and Beta went in))

"No, I don't really feel like going in there." Replied JB, truly meaning it.

"But I really think you should" the Alabriss responded. "It's very important!"

"No, I won't be going in there." JB argued. "What about you, frank4t?"

frank4t, however, really wanted to follow the Alabriss.

"I want to go in!" he said.

"Fine, but I'm not going!" JB said sternly, continuing digging. "Goodbye, frank4t. I guess I'll see you later."

frank4t, looking puzzled, followed the Alabriss into the dune. JB started running away as soon as they had left. He had a knack for trouble, having gotten in it before, and could smell it a mile away. He hoped to find someone in the Desert. Just than, he saw the Geb running towards the dune. He almost went back, because if that cute little creature went in there, he might perish. But then he remembered that the Geb was a petpet, so he continued on the scorching hot Desert, not knowing where he was.

Lili waited until Gwen climbed onto Sapper's back, then hesitantly sat behind her, careful not to sit on the Wocky's bushy orange tail. Though she knew they would not be flying - her eyes drifted to the Eyrie's mangled wing - she held tightly to the neopet in front of her, perhaps a bit more tightly than she intended. Lili squeezed her eyes shut and waited for the Eyrie to stand.

Once his two riders had settled themselves on his back, Sapper slowly shifted into a forward crouch, rolling slightly left and right to make sure that the Aisha and the Wocky had shifted into secure positions. Desert sand was not as effective as a cushion as it might seem, and if nothing else, a fall would still slow them down significantly. He flexed his powerful shoulder muscles, normally used to propel Eyries through the air - these ones, however, had been honed into a slightly different shape. Ground runners were rare among Eyries, but (in what might perhaps be a sign of a ground-based evolutionary past) with time and training, it was still possible to divert the energy from those massive power plants into pushing and pulling their forelimbs.

Giving his path (plotted for minimum turning and maximum traction) a last once-over, Sapper took in a deep breath. Like most birds, he did not have to breathe out.

"By the way, you can call me Sapper." he added, and leapt into a run.

((Told ya I was waiting for the right moment. :P ))

((Guys, I was wondering, if I made a Life RP - Neopets related again, I'm planning on setting it in Neovia - would you be interested to join? A Life RP is basically a RP with no plot, so anybody can create events and so on and not get in the way of anything important, so it's a bit like real life.))

Beta watched as frank4t landed at the bottom of the pit. The Alabriss glided past the Baby Fireball and through what appeared to be a tunnel. Alesha approached the Petpet, and kneeled down before it.

"Where are we?" she asked.

"Do not be afraid, you are in perfectly safe hands. I shall wait for your friend to recover first, and then follow me. If any more of your friends join us, we shall send more guides to await them." The Baby Fireball spoke with their eyes on frank4t. "Oh, and as for my name, call me Flame."

((Well, you could adapt JB to a more Neovian-environment Neopian, if you know what I mean. Anyway....))

Alesha did not get onto Beta, but before they left, Alesha turned around. "Come on frank, Flame's waiting for us."

"Please, take your time. We are in no rush, and we can be very patient," said Flame politely. Alesha felt somewhat apologetic that Flame had to wait for so long. If only the still-dazed Neopet would hurry up...

((Alrik is with you too, you know. Also, I might like to join, though I think it'd be good to wait 'til this RP is over, maybe? I can only write so much on demand.))

Alrik frowned at Frank4t. He was getting used to seeing this Skeith in a half-conscious state. With a grunt of irritation, he picked up Frank and draped him over his own back. Alrik winced from the extra weight on his leg, but shook it off and looked up at Alesha and Flame.

"We appreciate your patience," he smiled at the little petpet, "but there is a petpetshop keeper back in the city who is far less patient than you. And I must say, I'm quite curious as to the explanation of" He looked around him. "all this."

((I can take a hint))

frank4t walked further in, not knowing where he was, who the 'Flame' was, or even, for that matter, who he really was. He just followed Alesha and Beta, and the 'Flame' in.

JB kept running and running. Pretty soon, he found the pyramid. Normally, nothing could distract him when he was scared. But treasures worth millions of NPs could. He ran inside the cracked wall of the pyramid.

((Maybe, but given how not all the characters - and in some cases, the RPers - aren't actually getting involved with the main plot, and have created a sub-plot themselves, I just wonder whether a Life RP might be the right choice instead. Personally I can manage 2 at a time, but the thing with Life RPs is that they are incredibly flexible and if you don't adhere to it as much as you do to one with an actual plot, it wouldn't really matter - unless there are other characters waiting for your response, of course.))

Flame smiled back at Alrik. "I know, but the Petpets are coming -" He stopped himself in time, and for a moment lost his composure. However, the smile returned sharply to his face. "Peopatra will not mind once she knows why all her Petpets are slowly disappearing. Now, if you would like to follow me..." He turned around and began to head back through the tunnel he came. Alesha threw Alrik a 'you-heard-him' look, and with Beta at her side, they promptly followed Flame, although they walked slowly so they could have a chance to converse with the other two Neopians.

((My mistake. I get your characters mixed up. It's been fixed.))

Alesha and Beta followed the tiny Fireball down a tunnel. Alrik made to follow them, but his first step on the hurt leg was more painful than he expected. He drew back sharply, careful not to drop the Skeith on his back. If he didn't weigh so much...

Though they were walking slowly, Alesha and Beta were getting farther away, and Alrik wanted to be able to talk to them about what was going on. Come on, Alrik, he said to himself. You're not so old. Walking carefully and putting as little pressure on his hind leg as possible, he followed after the Aisha and Uni. Soon, curiosity overrode the pain, and he hardly noticed the weight on his back as they wound through the narrow corridors.